AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 18:10   Link #5741
sy tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
Well, novel 2 is finished. The link's now in my sig.

It's been fun. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (and hope that I haven't ruined any of the emotional moments with awkward phrasing... hey, I didn't have time to re-read it thoroughly).

I must say, it was better than I thought, except one thing.
Spoiler:

This is the only big inconsistency that's been bothering me. Otherwise, it was better, and much more intense than I expected. Were this to be animated, it would be simply glorious.
I'S VERY HAPPY IN MAJOR MAJOR WAY!! you really made my day, i forgot my sickness..

THANK YOU SO MUCH misterV and also Feisty!

now, lemme read the FINAL NOVEL...
sy tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 18:17   Link #5742
sy tao

where do i find misterv's sig? PLEASE HELP thanx
Old 2010-09-01, 18:21   Link #5743
sy tao

found it~!!

here: http://xmistervx.livejournal.com/1954.html
Old 2010-09-01, 18:38   Link #5744
tommole

Ive finished reading and i have to say it was an amazing ending, thank you so much for the translations, i cant thank you all enough =) Roll on the anime when they get their ass into gear
tommole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 19:19   Link #5745
MisterV

I edited the original post to include the link to the LJ. I did add it to my signature in the profile here though. Must be some special forum rules for sigs?..

Anyways, thanks to you all. I hope to go back to some funny side stories later, although after a break, I think. Besides... it won't really be the same now.
As to the speed and all that, it's all thanks to the (wonderful, magical) WWWJDIC. I thought everyone knew it though, I don't think there's a better dictionary out there, except maybe some that you can only buy after selling a kidney.

I thought Sousuke wasn't out of character, he actually had some character development. It doesn't make up for Kalinin's character regression though...

EDIT: wait, what? the sig suddenly appeared?
Old 2010-09-01, 20:19   Link #5746
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Thanks for spending the time to translate these last two novels, MisterV!

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 02:51   Link #5747
CiNtUrO-cHaN

MisterV, thanks again for the translation. I read it yesterday and I couldn't bring myself to stop. I really think that you made a great job, and with that short time... incredible, really. Thanks.

FeistyDreams, thanks a lot for the scanlations! They really help a lot to imagine the events, especially Kaname's outfit. Glad to know I imagined it more or less like it was drawed, some EVA-Azusa version lol.

BTW, I do have a few questions about the ending.

One question about certain translation of names:

Spoiler for Chidori:

And other questions & comments:
Spoiler for iro iro:

I think I can recall any more questions right now. Overall, ZSBM2 is one of the best light novels of FMP. Can't wait to see it animated. And by the way, does anyone know something from Sigma's tankobouns?
CiNtUrO-cHaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 02:59   Link #5748
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Well, I've finished my scans, and SOME of the clean-up
Here's the scrapbook album
Thanks for these too!
Wow that's one sexy bow.
Old 2010-09-02, 04:05   Link #5749
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNtUrO-cHaN View Post

One question about certain translation of names:

Spoiler for Chidori:

And other questions & comments:
Spoiler for iro iro:

Names :

I haven't read Mr V's translation yet, but I can assure you that in the japanese version, Sousuke actually spends his time switching crazily.
Spoiler for name-calling:

As for iro iro :

1/ Sorry, can't help. I understand jacksh-t about that Whispered thing, I usually skip these passages because they bore me to hell. I know, I'm bad.

2/ Mizuhoshi, the crazy-crazy art teacher.
Spoiler for paint the town red:

3/
Spoiler for holding out for a hero:

Now, my questions are... When are we gonna see some AL2000 goodness ? And, what are Mao and Sousuke up to ? These two don't seem in a hurry to relinquish their
Spoiler for tools of the trade?:
OOOOH I just can't WAAAAAIIIIIIIT ! People, write some fics ! Gatoh, get your lily-white arse in gear and publish the damn stories you've got "lying around"...
*Lurk's having the time of her life.*

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-02 at 11:25. Reason: coz Lurk' still can't spell...
MutsuriLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:20   Link #5750
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
I was on the 3rd to the last page of MisterV's translation, and I just couldn't continue reading. It seems like I don't want FMP to end afterall... even after all those years of waiting.. Wah! This is soooooo sad!
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 11:26   Link #5751
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post
I was on the 3rd to the last page of MisterV's translation, and I just couldn't continue reading. It seems like I don't want FMP to end afterall... even after all those years of waiting.. Wah! This is soooooo sad!
Ain't ending anytime soon, luv. There'll be one (or two, if we're lucky) light novels, and if we're extra lucky, we'll have some animation.
And remember, the fandom lives on
Old 2010-09-02, 11:27   Link #5752
FeistyDreams

I still have to do quite a bit of re-drawing on my scans... Any of the scans that need re-drawing have not been cleaned up, since I'd rather do that when they're all together so I can make sure it looks even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuriLurker View Post
Now, my questions are... When are we gonna see some AL2000 goodness ? And, what are Mao and Sousuke up to ? These two don't seem in a hurry to relinquish their
Spoiler for tools of the trade?:
OOOOH I just can't WAAAAAIIIIIIIT ! People, write some fics ! Gatoh, get your lily-white arse in gear and publish the damn stories you've got "lying around"...
*Lurk's having the time of her life.*
I'm working on it, I'm working on it... >.> XDDD

I have a backlog of around 20 fics, although I may well scrap a few of them now that the final novels are out. I started one last night that picks up right where ZSBM2 leaves off (and I was yelled at by my friend Mika-Kuruyame for doing so, because of my backlog... XD)
Old 2010-09-02, 12:07   Link #5753
sy tao

Dear Shoji Gatou,

"we want some short stories after ZSBM"

PS. an anime would also be appreciated.

*dammit just post it in your blog already...* arrrgghhh
Old 2010-09-02, 12:23   Link #5754
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post

I have a backlog of around 20 fics, although I may well scrap a few of them now that the final novels are out. I started one last night that picks up right where ZSBM2 leaves off (and I was yelled at by my friend Mika-Kuruyame for doing so, because of my backlog... XD)
I know ;D
I'm the one who's been pestering you lately, by dropping random reviews on 'A simple Truth' and 'Let me be myself' ;D (Catag's the name on ff.net )
I like what you do, luv, a lot. Keep the good work up.
Aaaaaaaaaaaand I want to read that fic of yours, the Beart order gone wrong. And ooooooooh, that Shiro ( Whitey ? The tiger) POV one ? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee *badgering people rabbidly*

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-02 at 17:09.
Old 2010-09-02, 22:51   Link #5755
meeiwen
Circus Freak

Location: 40 degrees 50 minutes north, 140 degrees 31 minutes east
Quote:
Ain't ending anytime soon, luv. There'll be one (or two, if we're lucky) light novels, and if we're extra lucky, we'll have some animation.
And remember, the fandom lives on

Right, right! But that would be like another one or two years of waiting, too, since Gatou would be busy (i assume) with Cop Craft. But, hell, we waited for this last novel for a decade so I guess 2 yrs wouldn't be so bad.
meeiwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 05:31   Link #5756
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeiwen View Post
Right, right! But that would be like another one or two years of waiting, too, since Gatou would be busy (i assume) with Cop Craft. But, hell, we waited for this last novel for a decade so I guess 2 yrs wouldn't be so bad.
One year or two ? Ooooh, dunno about that
Coz he said that he had some stories 'lying around' (でもそれで、ちょっと寂しいので、未収録の短編に書き下ろしを足したりして、短編集はいずれ出せるかな、と思ってます。) and that he might slap them together with a couple of not-yet-written ones and publish them all in one book. A kind of 'Sequel' to ZSBM.

Soooooo... to put things bluntly, he's already got some written material, he just needs to decides wether he publishes them or not.

That'd better be a yes, my dear, revered Gatoh-sensei.

BTW, fellow FMP-tards. Is there a way to know if Dragon Monthly published some FMP side-stories ? If yes, is there a way to lay our grubby hands on them ?

Last edited by MutsuriLurker; 2010-09-03 at 08:09.
Old 2010-09-03, 09:12   Link #5757
psicomenace

Then in the last novel
Spoiler for ZSBM part2:
And I hope soon some FMP light novel.
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 09:40   Link #5758
MutsuriLurker
Lurker at heart !

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicomenace View Post
Then in the last novel
Spoiler for ZSBM part2:
And I hope soon some FMP light novel.
Yep he does. Kinda... uncool ?
Personally, I laughed my heart out @ this. You can see him rushing toward his goal, the wind rushing in his hair... and then you realize he's riding this.
Hm. This is most def' a case of "What Do You Mean, It's Not Awesome?"
Old 2010-09-03, 10:05   Link #5759
FeistyDreams

Quote:
BTW, fellow FMP-tards. Is there a way to know if Dragon Monthly published some FMP side-stories ? If yes, is there a way to lay our grubby hands on them ?
I know for a fact that there are some short stories (pre-COMO) that have been published in the magazine, but not in any novels. ...I REALLY want to read the one that has Sousuke and Kaname pointing guns at each other. I'm assuming it's some kind of airsoft game, but...

At any rate, TDD-1 usually announces when things will be printed that are FMP related, and will describe what they were when they are. (It's how I know that Sigma has finally covered DVMC, even though I can't find those chapters ANYWHERE *sobs*)

And you can see what will be printed in the next volume of DM at the Fujimishobo site.

As for buying them, I'm not sure. Sasuga used to do single issues, but they're out of business now. Perhaps Asahiya or Kinokuniya? *shrug*
Old 2010-09-03, 10:08   Link #5760
psicomenace

Quote:
Yep he does. Kinda... uncool ?
Personally, I laughed my heart out @ this. You can see him rushing toward his goal, the wind rushing in his hair... and then you realize he's riding this.
Hm. This is most def' a case of "What Do You Mean, It's Not Awesome?"
I want just confirm,
Spoiler for ZSBM Part2:
psicomenace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen