AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-15, 18:09   Link #21
stpehen
kisses for all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
The graphics were good, as usual. Can't tell much of the story, but the trailer indicates it's going to be focused on violence more than anything. Probably a typical shoot'em'up. Which isn't that great, since I'm hoping for more sneaking (like in Thief, where combat is the result of a screw up) and RPG.

I'm not a fan of Square-Enix either, since their games have been average at best. They're mostly milking their own Final Fantasy franchise to stay afloat.
It's an early trailer, which means they're showing off flashy things to make an impact. They're not expecting to 'wow' viewers with action-packed clips of the player hiding behind a crate. Details on the stealth aspect of the game will come later.

Also, Square Enix is only doing the prerendered cutscenes and publishing the game, they are doing absolutely ZERO development and Final Fantasy doesn't have the first fucking thing to do with DE:HR. Jesus Christ.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 05:49   Link #22
Ending

@ stpehen

Could be. The hammer will fall after it has been published. I wouldn't mind getting more FPS-RPG goodness, but -unlike many previous posters- I wouldn't call it "OMG ga ga I want!!1" just because the trailer was shiny. Pardon me for being cynical.

(Oh, and anyone remember Thief 3? Well, it could be the same here. I bet none of the original team is left, so there is no guarantee what it will be.)
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 05:57   Link #23
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
The graphics were good, as usual. Can't tell much of the story, but the trailer indicates it's going to be focused on violence more than anything. Probably a typical shoot'em'up. Which isn't that great, since I'm hoping for more sneaking (like in Thief, where combat is the result of a screw up) and RPG.
The trailer was amazing, and I'm definitely looking forward to the real thing. However, I think you expressed my mixed feeligs about the extreme (and seemingly pointless) violence.

Deus Ex 1 was a game in which decisions whether or not to kill people actually mattered. It changed the storyline. It gave you a choice, and an incentive not to butcher everyone and everything in sight.

The trailer had several scenes which made me wince. Where in the past you'd club an unsuspecting operator unconscious from behind in DX1 and 2, you now stab him through the heart in the trailer (WTF?) - likewise, you butcher two enemies AFTER having them fall with a big blood fountain. And the worst scene was when you smashed through a wall to break the neck of a soldier, just to turn around and stroll away afterwards. Obviously the whole scene served no purpose whatsoever, except for killing someone in a violent fashion.

Bluntly put, this sucks. Very much. This is one of the selling points of DX which seemingly got nixed in exchange for pointless flashy gore. And in a way I find it soothing that I'm not the only one who noticed it.

Hope that they get the rest right... if so, it could still be an amazing experience.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 13:00   Link #24
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Ditto,

When it comes to games like these and Hitman, I'd rather avoid as much violence as possible.

Mainly because it's more fun that way and if I want to play a mindless shooters there's always Left 4 Dead 2

Let's just hope that the trailer was just showing a "soldier/Rambo" build and they'll be stealth/agent 47 builds available to make.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 15:04   Link #25
Ending

Pretty much. Mainly because playing yet another shoot'em'up is boring. Seen way too many of those during the past 10 years or so. Besides, I'd rather play one of those soldiers if the protagonist is as cold-blooded murderer as the trailer depicted, since you'd be the underdog and the target a mean son-of-a-bitch that deserves to die.
Old 2010-08-16, 15:38   Link #26
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Ditto,

When it comes to games like these and Hitman, I'd rather avoid as much violence as possible.

Mainly because it's more fun that way and if I want to play a mindless shooters there's always Left 4 Dead 2

Let's just hope that the trailer was just showing a "soldier/Rambo" build and they'll be stealth/agent 47 builds available to make.
I'm thinking they will stick with what they did before.
With this type of game where it has a sorta RPG element if they didn't have the option of either having the stealth or Rambo approach it would be major fail.
I'm just hoping there will have to be great deal of freedom for the customization. Like I said before DX2 wasn't really to my liking at all in that respect.
I'm pretty sure the guys behind this, will know a great deal of peeps love to be stealthy, removing that option would be bad, very bad.

I think that teaser is just for the flashy and cool factor to wet peoples anticipation for it. Not just for existing fans but also any new ones they can draw in and as well all know no matter what, everyone likes a little dose of flashy and cool
Old 2010-08-16, 15:43   Link #27
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I guess I am the only who makes an effort to kill or knock out every bad guy on the map then.

When I first played the second stage in DX2, I made the effort to go around and take out every single security guard, whether it be knocking him/her unconscious or killing* him/her. I didn't like surprise patrols, and I think they didn't like me following them around and taking them out one at a time without raising the alarm.

* - I don't know if I did or not, but it is fun to hide behind the robot dog and let the guards shoot it, THEN watching the fight.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 15:56   Link #28
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Oh no its the part where you just rush in and blow everything up with big guns.
Taking out all the guards stealthly is more fun than just going in. headstrong
Old 2010-08-16, 16:38   Link #29
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Aren't some of you guys assuming too much its a trailer scene it's supposed to get people hyped up something that you can't really do when you're showing the person crawling in a vent. They are probably just showing some of the more action-oriented scenes or they are doing what a lot of video games do and the action in the trailer has nothing to do with the game.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-16, 16:46   Link #30
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

who needs those flashy armblades? give me my stunprod or EMP-powered baton and I'll get the job done
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-17, 14:28   Link #31
Ending

Quote:
Aren't some of you guys assuming too much its a trailer scene it's supposed to get people hyped up something that you can't really do when you're showing the person crawling in a vent.
Sure you can. (Oh, and remember this?)

Thief -series advertised sneaking and mystery, hence I expected them to be just that. This new trailer emphasized action and fragging, so it's 100% understandable to expect it to be a casual shoot'em'up. In my case, seeing yet another frag-fest only earns a tired yawn. Sure, there are people who enjoy these kind of games, but they already have dozens to choose from and aren't exactly hard to please.
Old 2010-08-17, 15:20   Link #32
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
If this IGN preview is any indication, you'll still be able to 'go quiet' if you so choose. But yes, I see how the recent trailer can be criticized as being a bit too action-heavy... although it is possible that Eidos Montreal might have another trailer in the wings showing off more subtle gameplay. Still, it might have been better to put all that into a single trailer, as I recall being done for Deus Ex and even Alpha Protocol. Further proof of the availability of 'quiet' options can be gleaned from this GameSopt report.

Last edited by Firefly00; 2010-08-20 at 19:02. Reason: Gamespot @ Gamescon impressions added
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 13:38   Link #33
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

TGS trailer :

Well nothing really new except Jap voice and that girl looking like "Rihanna" as the comment lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 23:57   Link #34
colorles
kid

Deus Ex: Invisable War was actually pretty good; cant match the first, but it was definatly an above average play by all means

anyone here familiar with Project Snowblind? if not, check it out

also this seems interesting
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 11:31   Link #35
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally gameplay trailer :

Wow , all those possibilities... . Kinda like Splinter Cell though.
Hope the IA won't be dumb.
Old 2010-11-18, 14:00   Link #36
jonli
JONLIの憂'

^ OH MY LORD!!!!! THAT LOOKS SOOOO GOOOD!!!

Wow, it seems like they touched up the melee finishers so that the transitions aren't as choppy in the last build. The way he shot through the pillar to burn through the other guy was freaking awesome. Wow this game looks so incredible...CRAP!

Early 2011 @_@...hmmm wonder if it's going to come out around the same time as Mass Effect 2 for PS3. I'm gona have a lot of shit to play.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 14:03   Link #37
Ending

Spoiler for click to enlarge it by two centimeters!:
Old 2010-11-18, 15:15   Link #38
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Finally gameplay trailer :

Wow , all those possibilities... . Kinda like Splinter Cell though.
Hope the IA won't be dumb.
IA? What's an IA?

Though that's an awful lot of options. Hopefully some of us here will be able to keep up the no-kill policy.

Question: Does using robots to kill people count?
Old 2010-11-18, 16:31   Link #39
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

IA = AI

I think it does :O cuz it's like using a tools/weapons to kill.
Old 2010-11-18, 19:37   Link #40
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
IA? What's an IA?

Though that's an awful lot of options. Hopefully some of us here will be able to keep up the no-kill policy.

Question: Does using robots to kill people count?
According to the developers, you can finish the game with no kills.