Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-13, 13:50   Link #841
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
you haven't seen anything by Kajishima Masaki then.....
Well, let me put it this way ...No >.>

Said that, I know there are light novel series where the male character is the strong one like Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma, Layfon from Regios, and Kirito from SAO. I can't say if there's more of these than weaker average normal protagonist though...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 14:02   Link #842
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Those aren't harem, while Tenchi is.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 14:20   Link #843
tsunade666

Masaki's creation is a god. What do you expect from the one who surpasses the dimensional goddesses.

The three mentioned by chaoz are debatable harem but the main lead is stuck to a girl. While kaze no stigma's Kazuma has his present gf ayane.... he let go of his past girlfriend because its dead already, Layfon is emo mode because Leerin dumped him but he has a harem girls XD and Kirito despite having a harem has a girlfriend too.
Old 2011-05-13, 14:26   Link #844
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Those aren't harem, while Tenchi is.
At this point I had abandon the 'harem' tag and just kept it at 'Light Novel Protagonists'... But Layfon has a harem didn't he?

Nevermind that, my point is that more often than not, my impression is that male leads in harem situations tends to be weak in the combat areas as compared to the girls.
Old 2011-05-13, 14:37   Link #845
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nevermind that, my point is that more often than not, my impression is that male leads in harem situations tends to be weak in the combat areas as compared to the girls.
well to balance things out. At first appearance the male lead might be weak or he is weak but has a hax ability to compensate for it to make enemies beg for their mommies.
Old 2011-05-13, 19:28   Link #846
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
well to balance things out. At first appearance the male lead might be weak or he is weak but has a hax ability to compensate for it to make enemies beg for their mommies.
and by hax means he can shoot bullets, do a supersonic stab, turn into a gigolo, and dual wield a deagle AND a 92FS without worry.

I also realized just now... he has the opposite loadout....

default loadout (spy IMO)
92FS (can we unofficially call it a 93R because of its illegal hax?)
balisong

new loadout (heavy combat IMO)
desert eagle
seax
Old 2011-05-13, 19:37   Link #847
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Okay, I'm confused with some aspect about Kinji's modded 92F.

Despite being a genius in customizing weapons, sometimes due to sloppy work, the guns she works at has a probability to malfunction. Later, Kinji's Beretta's 3-burst function stops working and instead it fires 2 bullets at the same time.

Does this mean that the burst limiter kicks in early after 2 rounds instead of 3 like it should, or is this a physically impossible double-feed?

(Physically impossible because there's only one round exposed at the feed lips at any time.)
Old 2011-05-13, 19:42   Link #848
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
Okay, I'm confused with some aspect about Kinji's modded 92F.

Despite being a genius in customizing weapons, sometimes due to sloppy work, the guns she works at has a probability to malfunction. Later, Kinji's Beretta's 3-burst function stops working and instead it fires 2 bullets at the same time.

Does this mean that the burst limiter kicks in early after 2 rounds instead of 3 like it should, or is this a physically impossible double-feed?

(Physically impossible because there's only one round exposed at the feed lips at any time.)
It's pretty much the impossible two bullets with little to no time between their firing. The person who modified his gun is S class skill but ranked A class because she charges too much and does a lot of illegal stuff.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 07:12   Link #849
Mars Mode

Is it my imagination?
Did he just raised the flag of Jeanne?
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 07:43   Link #850
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Is it my imagination?
yes he did. by the gods yes he did.

but Jeanne is still unknown lest Hikari, Nera and lare go and read the raw in advance and tell us the juicy details
Old 2011-05-14, 08:17   Link #851
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Is it my imagination?
kinji is a harem king even out of HSS
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 08:34   Link #852
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The First Male character class automatically gives him +10 Haremizer. Enough to mow down a lot of girls. HSS is just a 2min cd ulti for the real hardcases.
Old 2011-05-14, 08:48   Link #853
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I just realized that I shouldn't read Aria or it's physically impossible for me to translate.

My thoughts keep drifting back to happy, fluffy clouds.
And the Hayate no Gotoku panorama scene. Everytime I see one of those mono no aware panoramas I automatically remember that. And, if I'm unlucky, I start thinking about, for some inexplicable reason, Hoshi no Samidare, which is where I start crying.
Old 2011-05-14, 09:05   Link #854
Mars Mode

Oh, do you only remember the sad scenes? or also the funny and epic ones?
Because the mayor scene for me is the epic one of Yuuhi reaching Samidare when she is preparing for the finisher against the Planet Earth.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 09:17   Link #855
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
I just realized that I shouldn't read Aria or it's physically impossible for me to translate.

My thoughts keep drifting back to happy, fluffy clouds.
And the Hayate no Gotoku panorama scene. Everytime I see one of those mono no aware panoramas I automatically remember that. And, if I'm unlucky, I start thinking about, for some inexplicable reason, Hoshi no Samidare, which is where I start crying.
dun worry... it will eventually pass on... just try not to think of much... your case is similar to someone I know much... but in a very different setting....
Old 2011-05-14, 11:10   Link #856
doomknight

Raising a flag with Jeanne eh? Way to go Kinji! although it was unintentionally, anyways it counts..

Hikari dont want be mean but a little suggestion in this sentence:

"But, the fortunate thing is, because of matters dealing with her mother's trial, she missed the field trip...and Shirayuki, staying at the Hotogi Kyoto Shrine, would have a hard time going onto the streets"

That "she" shouldnt be better as Aria? I know everyone know who is the "she" but just saying plz dont kill me
Old 2011-05-14, 11:19   Link #857
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

There's alot I wanted to say after reading v2 and 3... What I don't like about Kinji's attitude toward girls as well as his double tsundere act with Aria... How heartwarming that scene with Shiraiyuki and later Riko... The awesome fight scene with Vlad...

But somehow all of that gets shuffled to the back of my mind when I reach the epilogue and found out who Kana is... Talk about being hit by a freight train !! All the clues about Sayanaki were nothing compared to this JDAM that was dropped on me...

Now everything totally made sense... I mean if my brother did that even I would have a ridiculously hard time talking about it...
Old 2011-05-14, 11:23   Link #858
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Are you talking about the beach scene with Shirayuki? I'm glad you liked it.

@doomknight: You're completely right. Thanks for the catch.
Old 2011-05-14, 11:53   Link #859
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's alot I wanted to say after reading v2 and 3... What I don't like about Kinji's attitude toward girls as well as his double tsundere act with Aria... How heartwarming that scene with Shiraiyuki and later Riko... The awesome fight scene with Vlad...

But somehow all of that gets shuffled to the back of my mind when I reach the epilogue and found out who Kana is... Talk about being hit by a freight train !! All the clues about Sayanaki were nothing compared to this JDAM that was dropped on me...

Now everything totally made sense... I mean if my brother did that even I would have a ridiculously hard time talking about it...
so you did start reading the novel already. I thought you will wait after the series is finish.

But all that is still not reaching the tip of the blade. Vol 4 will hit bad.
Old 2011-05-14, 12:07   Link #860
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Are you talking about the beach scene with Shirayuki? I'm glad you liked it.
Was it the one they went on a day-to? Sorry, even though I just read it hours ago my memory is fuzzy

Basically the scene after Kinji and Aria 'broke up', Kinji took Shirayuki out to see the fireworks... And subsequently the fight with Jeanne, especially the underwater kissu... And that one line he said to her in his HSS mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
so you did start reading the novel already. I thought you will wait after the series is finish.
Well now that we have an OC thread, I figure it's best if I'm kept close in the loop.

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen