2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 12 10.62%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-29, 10:01   Link #21
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agallion View Post
I think some people may be confusing "filler" with non manga material, however plot related.

If the only thing shown on the anime was what we see in the manga the anime would move way too fast and alot of background could be missed out, (some people would actually enjoy seeing the kankarou puppet story).
I'll reserve the right to disagree. We've seen in the past that two (or preferably three for episodes with much fighting) chapters is just about perfect for an episode in terms of pacing. (Of course it depends on the person, but I believe most people here agree with me.) The anime team would fill in a few seconds here and there with filler but certainly nothing big.

Nowadays though, we get roughly one chapter per episode and the rest is composed of scenes that could just as well be replaced by an empty black screen as far as plot advancement is concerned. We're basically getting 50% Naruto and 50% fan fiction right now.

I'm really in a state of disbelief because as of right now there was absolutely no reason to make two years of filler at all. Oh well, Naruto is the king of 'could have been'-animes.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 11:14   Link #22
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
I'm really in a state of disbelief because as of right now there was absolutely no reason to make two years of filler at all. Oh well, Naruto is the king of 'could have been'-animes.
Now that I think about it, since February 15, the anime didn't ever cover 6 chapters while 7 manga issues have been published. (including this week chapter).

THE ANIME IS LOSING GROUND TO THE MANGA.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 11:43   Link #23
rman0099
On my nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
Now that I think about it, since February 15, the anime didn't ever cover 6 chapters while 7 manga issues have been published. (including this week chapter).

THE ANIME IS LOSING GROUND TO THE MANGA.
Just wait. If/when Naruto ever has to access kyuubi chakra, the anime team will add 1 episode of screaming and powering up for each level. 1 ep to draw it, 1 ep for a tail.....etc while the the rest of the onscreen characters look shocked and keep saying "unreal, how is he so strong" That way the manga can gain tons of ground. Its the next logical step!
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 12:46   Link #24
7thFonon
seventh

No more DBZ.... Please don't let that happen.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 13:04   Link #25
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

After hearing all this....i gotta say....i am glad i didnt wait 2 years till the anime started again.... This is pretty nasty....sooo many fillers and keep filling things up...

Are fillers sooo great in Japan?? Naruto: Filler Chronicles!!
Old 2007-03-29, 14:25   Link #26
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
zomg i might as well stop watching naruto again and wait until the episodes pile up b4 i start watching.... the nonstop filler is gonna kill the series for me
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 15:32   Link #27
7thFonon
seventh

It's sad to see Naruto go out like this....first it was the fillers, now it's a slow storyline. I remember when I used to think to myself, "this has to be the best anime ever" back at the Haku/Zabuza arch. It improved from there and then right when the show was at a climax, the anime went filler crazy.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 15:40   Link #28
Deathwing
what do i know

i rather not drop my standards naruto at the begning was faster paced manga wise (coverd more chapters) no there moving a slow a possible inserting fillers that dont need to be there. im take a break from watching this for a while and stick to the manga mabye in two years when they get to the rescue sasuke ark i might come back.
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 15:47   Link #29
Alca

This is sad, I think its safe to use the word "bitching" in this case. All i see is bitching like omg so what filler mixed with truth, but anyone with sense knows if the anime followed the magna it would be so fast paced. Also you have to look at the fact that the magna cant be compared to the anime based on the story because again use your sense....... Magna converted to anime = large gaps of what could of been there.. Like someone said earlier they could replace the filler with a black screen, but do you know how short episodes would be? In my opinion I would rather have the filler, at least its valid information to understand things never brought to light in the magna. Ex.. Naruto would just be like Star Wars a couple years ago on cartoon network.. Episode like 4-6 minutes that was over rated just based on the action..
Alca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 15:55   Link #30
Zishi

lol its funny when I checked how many manga chapters has been covered the last 7 episodes... only to find out that they have covered 4,5 manga chapters. I thought atleast it would been 7-10 chapters.

Well otherwise an averege episode, the new intro animation made so I gave the episode 6/10 instead of 5/10. I found it funny how they suddenly added better animation to the filler-action towards the middle of the episode.

Its getting way to dragged out, and we know the Naruto staff. It will probably continue for some while.
Zishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 16:20   Link #31
tacobueno

Quote:
I think some people may be confusing "filler" with non manga material, however plot related.

If the only thing shown on the anime was what we see in the manga the anime would move way too fast and alot of background could be missed out, (some people would actually enjoy seeing the kankarou puppet story).

And i very much dont see the slow part of the anime. Yea garras fight scenes are not fast paced melee action, but it should not be.

I think alot of you lost touch of what to expect with the non filler over the last 2 years.
lol ok that was pretty funny right there, but I'm glad your enjoying it. Personally I'll wait untill I hear the fillers are gone, but that doesnt seem likely to happen any time soon. Haha not filler! Good stuff
tacobueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 17:36   Link #32
mtarzaim

The only thing which marked me ... PANTENE SHAMPOO !
Just to tell you how "over-fillered" this double episode was.

I don't really care about filler, because they might be good, if managed properly.
The Bikotchu filler was enjoying (Hinata + new tech + Naruto turning mad).
Shino Joke and Ino Joke were enjoying (I have a twisty sense of humor).
I even enjoyed the siren-girl filler.
So I think I'm quite an easy audience...

But this ep, or would I say this whole "new" season, is pure crap !
One minute of good animation during 45 minutes of awful drawing and sloppy action. All the climax and the emotional impacts were strecthed to death.
The BGM are OK in their holywoodian style, but I still miss the Drum+Voice Only.

When you notice that flashbacks (from the first season) are better drawn than the actual one, you know there are some greedy producers, somewhere in the world, who are spiting at your face, laughting at your stupid passion. They have found a way to earn easy money. And they won't stop now...

Like someone said, let's go back to Bleach, where the fillers are more considerate by their own creators. Yes, the Bounto arc is more acceptable than the best Naruto filler (Ichinose VS Zaraki was great).

Or support the School Rumble method : one year = 26 eps, one year = nothing.
Please don't encourage those anime slaughterers, by watching their crappiest money trap.
(useless advice, since none of us is watching it through legal ways ! ^^ )

The only ray of hope : no one will never buy a 500+ eps serie where only 100 are truly enjoyable. Anime Naruto is officially dead.
May it be the last one to succomb...

/me, needing psychological support (OU-EN-DANNNNNNN)

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 17:55   Link #33
sx3
0 Gundam

well im downloading the episode but after reading this filler stuff is making me expecting a peice of crap :S
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 17:59   Link #34
nine_tailed_kyuubi

guys the anime is doing great, the problem is that a lot of ppl who watch the anime actually read the whole manga so it is not going to be as exciting as before . Also a lot of people said that the fight between Gaara and Deidara is boring, no it's not it's just that they are both not close-combat ninjas and we saw fights like that very rare. The fight is done exactly like it was in the manga. Also some episodes will be boring for you as you are saying the story line is slow.

We got to see the events which will lead to action, that's it . Sandaime's fight against Orochimaru lasted about 7 episodes, speaking for myself i saw the whole arc at once, if i hadn't seen it at once and waited every week or every 2 weeks for an episode i would have said that the storyline is so damn slow. For me it is too early to be judging Part 2 right now , we should judge it when the events catch up to where part 2 started when they were searching for sasuke.
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 18:12   Link #35
Rahan

It's not a problem of people reading the manga beforehand.
Most of us read Bleach or One Piece among other shounens. Yet, Naruto is the only one who is so ridiculously slow and boring right now.
Old 2007-03-29, 18:40   Link #36
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi View Post
guys the anime is doing great, the problem is that a lot of ppl who watch the anime actually read the whole manga so it is not going to be as exciting as before
I read the manga since before they made an anime out of the story and I find the pacing of the last episodes unbearable.
This isn't about lack of excitement, this is about truncated scenes and awful pacing. I mean come on! You just don't interrupt a fight like that to show Naruto eating ramen. It just doesn't make any sense plot and pacing-wise, it completely kills the mood.
This isn't about a difference manga/anime, this is a difference between anime pre-timeskip/post-timeskip. The anime used to show about 1.3 to 2 chapters worth of plot per episodes against less than 1 chapter now, that means the anime pacing used to be 30 to 100% faster than what it is now.
It doesn't mean you can't enjoy the story that way (though personally I don't) but it's one hell of a difference and clearly not for the best.

Let me give you an example : you remember the short introduction of Shippuden with Sasuke? At the current pace they would have made 1.5 episodes with it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 18:48   Link #37
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi View Post
a lot of people said that the fight between Gaara and Deidara is boring, no it's not it's just that they are both not close-combat ninjas and we saw fights like that very rare. The fight is done exactly like it was in the manga. Also some episodes will be boring for you as you are saying the story line is slow.
The Gaara vs DD fight IS boring because its dull and repetitive. How is it you know how we are supposed to respond to an animated fight? Honestly, its boring because I find it to be so.

In the manga DD and Gaara's fight only lasted maybe 3-4 moves. In the anime they take old animations and repeat them IN THE SAME EPISODE! Wow like I didn't see that like 4 minutes ago. Animators are just getting lazy, if they wanted to use up time they could've just added more moves instead of recycling old footage.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 19:00   Link #38
Agallion

Send a message via AIM to Agallion
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
if they wanted to use up time they could've just added more moves instead of recycling old footage.
Perhaps, then the manga elitists would complain about the anime adding things to the anime that did not exist in the manga.
Agallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 19:18   Link #39
Rahan

Quote:
Perhaps, then the manga elitists would complain about the anime adding things to the anime that did not exist in the manga.
All the animes add things that aren't in the manga. The difficulty for the animators is to not go overboard (adding things changing the mood wanted by Kishi, inventing stuff that may conflict with his plans or affecting the flow of the story)

I'll make again my stupid shounen comparisons, but out of the top 3 long shounen (OP, Bleach, Naruto), Bleach is the manga I like the least, but it is by far the best anime. The Bleach anime crew is doing a superb job. Even their filler-in-the-middle-of a-main-arc-stuff (last week's episode was mostly filler) is better than Shippuuden. I wish those guys were working on Naruto.
Old 2007-03-29, 19:19   Link #40
workingclass

almost as bad as doing all the added filler scenes which may or may not even be pertinent to the story line or not is the new bleach episodes. that kinda pisses me off that in order to not have the anime catch up to the manga we have to sit through a 5 minute recap of the last 5-10 episodes.or im sure most such as myself skip that 5 minute intro only to watch 15 minutes of anime.

Last edited by workingclass; 2007-03-29 at 19:20. Reason: spelling
workingclass is offline   Reply With Quote