AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-17, 22:57   Link #541
strategos

So, in GT universe Female Saiyan can't go into Super mode. I guess we know where did Kishimoto from Naruto got his idea that female ninjas are worthless except for sacrifice or fanservice =p XD.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 23:13   Link #542
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well, to be fair, 18 was actually pretty awesome, being the only female to beat the crap out of Vegeta.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 23:17   Link #543
strategos

yeah, but only for a short period. T_T.

Old 2009-05-17, 23:19   Link #544
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
yeah, but only for a short period. T_T.
Actually, I take that back, I completely forgot about Bulma.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-05-17, 23:39   Link #545
strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Actually, I take that back, I completely forgot about Bulma.

- Tak
what about Bulma? XD

Old 2009-05-17, 23:45   Link #546
Tak

Quote:
what about Bulma? XD
Because if there is anyone Saiyajins are scared of, its their wives.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-17, 23:58   Link #547
strategos

Quote:

- Tak
lol
So true. guess almost anyone would be scare of the over 9000 power of wife. We keep forgetting about the daughter of Vegetta. She also wasn't able to go Super, when she even could fight quite well when she was possess

Old 2009-05-18, 01:37   Link #548
Michsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
So has anyone here seen DB Kai Episode 7? I enjoyed this episode immensely, for we got to see Goku catch Bubbles and hit Gregory, some good filler scenes with Piccolo training Gohan in the wilderness and the earthlings training on Kami's lookout, and Baba (who is now voiced by Mayumi Tanaka - the voice actress of Krillin and Yajirobe) having a discussion with Master Roshi and Bulma. Best of all, Vegeta and Nappa will land on Earth in the next episode according to the preview. We're soon to be in for one heck of a ride everyone.

So fast! It goes by so fast! Maybe too fast? Then again I haven't watched the original DBZ on a weekly basis so maybe the extra filler episodes would've bothered me more. Too bad we don t get to see Piccolo destroy Egipt and get trampele by Gohan's Ouzaru form anymore. What I feared was that everything would seem rushed particullary the bonding part between Piccolo and Gohan but it came out ok.
Michsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 02:57   Link #549
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Well, that was technically not a movie, but a special and a prequel. Prequels I can accept, because it does not mess with the primary plot. The movies were just annoying and served no purpose. Nonetheless, the introduction of Bardock was a nice touch. The history of Trunks too, was pretty good. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about GT and its associated spin-offs.

However, to give the movies some credit, I did like movie eight, where they introduced Brolly, a character popular enough to be a stable of many Dragon Ball video games and probably the only character most memorable from the movies.

- Tak
the movies always served a purpose filling wallets and fan service

though just cause I'm curious, is this just a gripe w/ anime movies in general? since there are those that don't follow the series story at all.

Quote:
So, in GT universe Female Saiyan can't go into Super mode. I guess we know where did Kishimoto from Naruto got his idea that female ninjas are worthless except for sacrifice or fanservice =p XD.
was always curious to what Pan would look like if she went SSJ
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 03:30   Link #550
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'll never, ever forget the incident with the pink shirt. Classic.
Old 2009-05-18, 19:48   Link #551
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'll never, ever forget the incident with the pink shirt. Classic.
Or the fact that Kurinin married 18 (and had a daughter!! ), which is a classic moment in itself.

And, consider this scene:

Gohan is attending college, one morning, before he left for school...

Chichi: Gohan be careful, watch out for airplanes.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-05-18 at 20:02.
Old 2009-05-18, 22:17   Link #552
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Or the fact that Kurinin married 18 (and had a daughter!! ), which is a classic moment in itself.
- Tak
lol I never really thought about this before but now that you bring that up I can't help but laugh at it and prasie how crazy this actually is

DB does have some awesome moments
Old 2009-05-19, 01:39   Link #553
Alchemist007
*Author

FYI 18 and 17 were originally human, Gero apparently had kidnapped them and modified them and their memories. I guess he left the 'goods' alone though
(Guess it would've been a good idea to hit them down there when they were still a threat huh? Good thing otherwise though )
Old 2009-05-19, 03:24   Link #554
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Gohan is attending college, one morning, before he left for school...

Chichi: Gohan be careful, watch out for airplanes.
Yeah i remember that line, had me laughing quite a bit.

OP single is out tomorrow. Must say, over the weeks it's really grew on me, so i can't wait to hear the full version.
Old 2009-05-19, 10:14   Link #555
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Glad to see Goku finished both of his capturing training in just 1 episode, now we can get on to the real stuff, 9000 lands on Earth! I wonder how fast 9000's fight will go, was it stretched out in the original?
---
I noticed you guys talking about Dragonball movies in the last 2-3 pages, but you guys forgot Dragonball Evolution, clearly the best movie of all time
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 10:52   Link #556
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
---
but you guys forgot Dragonball Evolution, clearly the best movie of all time
Thats a joke... right? RIGHT?

*cocks rifle*

- Tak (grrr)

Old 2009-05-19, 14:33   Link #557
rpgman1

Any anime turned into a live-action movie just plain sucks. Same goes for video game to live-action movies. Finally, we get to see to arrival of the Saiyajins and that was pretty fast. Goku's power level was 8,000 (stated in the manga and not those over 9,000 jokes)when he arrived to meet the Saiyajins. Kaioken x2 proves that Vegeta had a higher power level than Goku (which would explain Goku getting seriously beaten around like a rag doll).
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 15:59   Link #558
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
Any anime turned into a live-action movie just plain sucks. Same goes for video game to live-action movies. Finally, we get to see to arrival of the Saiyajins and that was pretty fast. Goku's power level was 8,000 (stated in the manga and not those over 9,000 jokes)
Well, if we are to get technical, Vegeta stated that Goku's power level was well above 8,000 and could be even more but Vegeta trashed his scouter before it overloads.

- Tak

Old 2009-05-19, 18:23   Link #559
GDB

Quote:
Well, if we are to get technical, Vegeta stated that Goku's power level was well above 8,000 and could be even more but Vegeta trashed his scouter before it overloads.

- Tak
Which is odd, since we see on Namek that the Scouters can easily take up to 23k or so before breaking.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 18:34   Link #560
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Which is odd, since we see on Namek that the Scouters can easily take up to 23k or so before breaking.
Yes, if memory serves, it was Jess (Team Milk) who mentioned that their scouters were the newer units, which were supposed to be more accurate and endure more punishment.

In fact, they read power levels well beyond 100,000. Although they still proved unable to handle Goku's power readings.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-05-19 at 18:48.