AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-01, 13:45   Link #16321
mark1246

Still no matter what happen! The son Of Kihara, (that tattoo guy) is joining the fry, finally a teenager boy villain is coming! is he calm and silent......... >.< Hell no, all Kihara (with the exception of that little girl) are all fucking crazy, but if i remember from that Fanfare novel back on Bakatsuki, he does have esper power correct?
Old 2012-02-01, 13:46   Link #16322
Miraluka
Banned

Well if we have a telepath who can force a magician to do very complex calculations it wouldn't be any different to what Gremlin magicians did to Accelerator.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:53   Link #16323
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well if we have a telepath who can force a magician to do very complex calculations it wouldn't be any different to what Gremlin magicians did to Accelerator.
It would not work that way.
Magic can be used without any knowledge or any talent (just like in the Daihasei with Fukiyose who just touched a paper)
But esper power requieres the AC curriculum and developed personal reality, if the calculations were enough, they would wired espers to some computers and made a lot level 5s like that.
Old 2012-02-01, 14:46   Link #16324
Breidaluk

Kihara junior....maybe. I am expecting Nayuta to appear. Do you think that Touma will take part?
Old 2012-02-01, 15:05   Link #16325
desrtsku
Nympholept

Well, if I'm not wrong they have Nayuta on their side, don't they? Then, her overload might come pretty handy : they could pull off an anti-magic trick using a large AIM-field-impregnated area, just like Aleister did during Vento's invasion. But they need to crazily power her up on steroid if they want her to create something that big ... of course, that's also considering overloading an esper's power does enlarge his/her Aim field's size.

Also, I think the telepathic trick might work too, albeit, they have to shatter their opponents' minds enough to mess up their belief and their interpretation of the legends they use (sounds Sheol Fear-ish) ... and that's pretty much out of an average level 3-4's power scale, more like a work for Misaki
Old 2012-02-01, 17:16   Link #16326
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by js06
The Kihara family that crushes and destroys everything and Gremlin that smashes and annihilates everything. The clash between the two begins.

-"Starting November 13th, we, the 27 companies of the anti-Academy City Science Guardians will be holding a tournament, Natural Selector, in Eastern Europe's Baggage City."

It began with that announcement.
Using World War 3 as an opportunity, anti-Academy City forces searched for means of resisting in various places around the world.
The purpose behind Natural Selector is to hold a tournament between two different kinds of powers to prove that a type of the supernatural exists that is superior to psychic powers.
That would destroy the core of Academy City's identity.
This strategy moves ahead with the help of Gremlin, the organization that is a fusion of magic and science.
And Academy City refuses to allow it to succeed.
A mere three Kiharas and a mere three members of Gremlin.
However, the mayhem does not end there.

Hmmm, I see... This kinda makes sense as the tournament isn't really a tournament, but rather an exhibition- If Kihara wins, Academy City would maintain it's dominance, Gremlin wins, the world will know that there is a more powerful force than the Esper abilities created by Academy City. Rather than attack the city outright, the 27 Anti-AC force wants to weaken them further....

I want to say Nayuta's in it, but she's not exactly trained to fight against magicians... Heck she's not very experienced at this kind of life. And with Telestina in jail (hopefully still there) and Gensei in the wind, maybe we'll get three new characters for both side?

Don't get too attached though cause I'm sure most of them are going to die.
Old 2012-02-01, 17:40   Link #16327
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Don't get too attached though cause I'm sure most of them are going to die.
You do realize that if Junior actually dies and is 1-volume character, you will meet my pair of pliers and my blowtorch, rite?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2012-02-01, 19:07   Link #16328
Twi

...Why not use the Level 5s instead?
Then again, GREMLIN maybe sending people who can screw up espers, so AC is at an disadvantage in Natural Selector....

But if Touma were involved, what side would he classify as?
Old 2012-02-01, 19:41   Link #16329
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Then again, GREMLIN maybe sending people who can screw up espers, so AC is at an disadvantage in Natural Selector....

But if Touma were involved, what side would he classify as?
The 'deeper place' Birdway wanted to investigate by the proxy of Fiamma -- I guess.

Oh, and while we are at it, what are the chances Kuroyoru and Junior know each other and he was the one who gave her the vector values?

Bonus point if they say, "We used to date."

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.

Last edited by Mr.Kyon; 2012-02-01 at 20:03.
Old 2012-02-01, 20:02   Link #16330
Flere821
Lurker

So... 'tournament arc'? I'm less than enthusiastic about this TBH >.>

I'm almost expecting Accelerator to be sent in and get stomped by a gimmick of Gremlin's, just to prove esper abilities isn't the be all and end all. On the other hand Touma showing up on the world stage and show everyone in the world he can go 'lolno' at supernatural abilities doesn't seem likely...

And just for crack - Kakine gets a cyborg body with human-like exterior, gets adopted as a Kihara (or just have 'Kihara as a fake name), and enters the tournament. His old body's gone anyway and he's probably legally dead, so a new name and body doesn't seem impossible.
Maybe this time he won't be killed off in the same volume he's introduced
Old 2012-02-01, 20:08   Link #16331
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And just for crack - Kakine gets a cyborg body with human-like exterior, gets adopted as a Kihara (or just have 'Kihara as a fake name), and enters the tournament. His old body's gone anyway and he's probably legally dead, so a new name and body doesn't seem impossible.
Maybe this time he won't be killed off in the same volume he's introduced
Oh mah gawd, the trolling to be had with that scenario. A little more and the writer's block shall vanish.

Old 2012-02-01, 20:09   Link #16332
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't think it's a tournament per se (you know, like the one held in Dragon Ball a long time ago).
On the off chance that it does, I hope people refrain from comparing this to Dragon Ball and treat this based on canon.

Besides, this "OH NOES TOURNAMENT ARC SHIT'S GONNA SUCK" has to end. It's getting annoying.

The worst case scenario with what's going on in NT4: the world sees BOTH magic and esper abilities to be dangerous abilities that MUST be destroyed at all costs, triggering a similar purging as what happened in the third installment of the X-Men movies. Initially, the Science and Magic sides would still go after each other's throats, but they'll soon form alliance cells that would later become the largest incarnation of the Kamijou Faction.

However, the downside with this scenario is that the story would end as soon as this happens in my opinion.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-02-01, 20:20   Link #16333
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Why do people assume the main protagonists would even be in the tournament ? This is the first time we have no mention of any of them in the synopsis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
The same reasons why no Level 5s are included in the official defense force of Academy City, because this isn't exactly a friendly event.

The way I see it, this is a situation where you sent a snake to fight a snake.
Old 2012-02-01, 21:04   Link #16334
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The way I see it, this is a situation where you sent a snake to fight a snake.
And one snake happens to be a fucking Magic God that can wring out a couple dozen useful idiots a second.

Calling another one: Academy City wins against GREMLIN in the tournament, so Odin has Dvergr use a satellite attack on the Natural Selector. The Kiharas survive using a gadget based of Accel's redirection. Ironing to the max.

Old 2012-02-01, 21:09   Link #16335
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

My thoughts based on the summary would be that it would have little to no involvement from the main protagonists (or at least, direct involvement in regards to the tournament). They'd probably be somewhere within the shadows or doing some covert thing while the whole world gets to see the showdown. If they do ever show up, it'd probably be when all things go downhill..
Old 2012-02-01, 21:10   Link #16336
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
And one snake happens to be a fucking Magic God that can wring out a couple dozen useful idiots a second.

Yeah, because the Leader of Gremlin is just going to waltz right out in public and show his magic for everyone (Necessarus) to analysis and study after going through all that trouble to remain hidden throughout the entire WWIII and the incident with Hawaii.
Old 2012-02-01, 21:16   Link #16337
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrum023 View Post
My thoughts based on the summary would be that it would have little to no involvement from the main protagonists (or at least, direct involvement in regards to the tournament). They'd probably be somewhere within the shadows or doing some covert thing while the whole world gets to see the showdown. If they do ever show up, it'd probably be when all things go downhill..
I'm with you, it will probably be just some random magicians and perhaps some random "bounty hunter" type technicians (or ninjas, like Sugitani.)

Quote:
I don't think that would work. But along those lines, a trained telepath might be able to disturb the spell casting. If I remember correctly, failing to control the thelema has potential dire consequences on the caster, even if he/she's not an esper (espers get hurt even if they do it right.)
Old 2012-02-01, 22:10   Link #16338
Miraluka
Banned

I have the feeling Touma will have little relevance to the volume, but I put my money on Accelerator and Shiage.

Can you even picture Shiage betweeen magicians and espers?
Old 2012-02-01, 22:19   Link #16339
judasmartel
*Author

* plays the Mortal Kombat theme song *
Old 2012-02-01, 22:27   Link #16340
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
I have the feeling Touma will have little relevance to the volume, but I put my money on Accelerator and Shiage.

Can you even picture Shiage between magicians and espers?
Kihara J: KIHARA SHINKEN!

GREMLIN Agent: Fire collumn of the Dragon!

Shiage: G-GAH! I NEVER ASKED FOR THIIIISSSS!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen