AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-04, 18:43   Link #241
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
Maybe I'm strange, but I felt that all the non-Rin routes were complete crap. Like sure there were amusing parts to them, but there was no emotional evocation for me. So, I have to agree with Balzac that Rin1+2-> Refrain would be very reasonable.
Yes, you are strange.
But to each his own I suppose...
Old 2012-11-04, 19:00   Link #242
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
Maybe I'm strange, but I felt that all the non-Rin routes were complete crap.
What blasphemy are you saying? How dare you say Haruchin, Mio and Anego's routes were complete crap?
Old 2012-11-04, 19:02   Link #243
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkark07 View Post
What blasphemy are you saying? How dare you say Haruchin, Mio and Anego's routes were complete crap?
Okay, I was being hyperbolic. What I really meant to say was that it ranged from nothing special (most of them) to utter crap (Kud wtf). Kurugaya's route was just strange and was too confusing for me to pass a value judgement lol.
Old 2012-11-04, 19:05   Link #244
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Haruka let it go, to each his own.
Old 2012-11-04, 19:12   Link #245
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

All right Anego.
Old 2012-11-04, 20:56   Link #246
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh Em Geee! I just remembered...WHERE THE HELL IS THE "SHAKA SHAKA HEY"!?
Old 2012-11-04, 21:10   Link #247
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

I'm with you on that, Ringil. The common route was fun, but the individual routes really didn't do much for me. The cold and emotionless OST, the badly drawn characters and the nauseating voice acting sure didn't add much to the story either.

I wish more VNs would do one hero one heroine. Otherwise it's too much emotional distraction for me.
Old 2012-11-04, 21:28   Link #248
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well, as far as I remember it happened when Rin was looking for new baseball members. Since the anime is cutting those parts I doubt we will hear SHAKA SHAKA HEY!
Old 2012-11-04, 21:34   Link #249
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

The anime is not cutting those parts, it's just postponing them for after Komari as far as I can see.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-04, 21:51   Link #250
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

I hope you are right. SHAKA SHAKA HEY!
Old 2012-11-04, 22:08   Link #251
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Which reminds me.... of the checklist for LB.

Code:
<<Required Points>>
[X] 3-cour MINIMUM
[X] Omnibus / Continuous Format w/ Skipped Parts
[X] Required Details (Mention / Flashback / Short Sequence)
>>> [X] Battle Rankings 
>>> [X] Baseball Practice
>>> [ ] "Shaka-Shaka Hey!" Special Emphasis
>>> [ ] Rin vs Unidentified Lifeforms
>>> [ ] Kick the Can
>>> [ ] Stage Play Ideas
>>> [ ] (Can be "Last Playthrough" Only) LB wins the Baseball Match
>>> [X] Ripples of Thoughts at EP 1
[X] New versions of:
>>> [X] Alicemagic
>>> [X] Little Busters!
[X] No changes to:
>>> [X] Komari's VA
>>> [X] Rin's VA
>>> [X] Kud's VA
>>> [X] Kurugaya's VA
[ ] Refrain is handled w/ care (at least one of the main points)
>>> [ ] a KyoAni adaptation of 2nd season
>>> [ ] a KyoAni movie adaptation of 1st season
>>> [ ] Perfect 1-cour season
[ ] OVAs (any one of the ff.)
>>> [ ] Kurugaya's True Route OVA
>>> [ ] Muscle Sensation OVA
>>> [ ] Kud Wafter OVA
[ ] Special EDs at the end of the Arc
>>> [ ] Mio
>>> [ ] Kurugaya
>>> [ ] Haruka

<<Bonus Points>>
[ ] EX Routes (in the form of OVA / Episodes)
>>> [ ] Kanata
>>> [ ] Sasami
>>> [ ] Saya (Can NEVER be an OVA btw.)
[ ] Unnecessary Points (will be expanded soon)
>>> [ ] Kurugaya's Advice to everyone
>>> [ ] Mio and the Science Club
>>> [ ] At least one cameo of the extra chars. before the Arcs.
>>> [ ] Fix Kurugaya Arc + Rin Arc 's <IjustwantRiki> character
>>> [ ] Mention the "For some reason I can't go to <place>"
>>> [ ] The Big Cat during Baseball Practice / Rin's Arc (I don't know its name though)
>>> [ ] Haruka and the Apocalypse Scenario
>>> [ ] Display Stats (Like Arm Power, etc.)
[ ] 4-cour
[ ] Visuals Consistency
...Funny how the Bonus Points stay unchecked. XD
Old 2012-11-04, 22:12   Link #252
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

The kick the can HAS TO BE IN.

If it is in, the first season will be a success for me. I loved every letter of that little arc.

Arty

Old 2012-11-04, 22:16   Link #253
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

I would really love to hear Anego evil threat and watch how Haruchin does the "self destruct".
Old 2012-11-04, 22:39   Link #254
novalysis

I've not played the VN before, so I might not be the best person to make wild speculations.

However, I have spoiled myself with TVTropes article on Little Busters, so I have a little bit of idea of what's to come and the general set up of the world.

From what I'm seeing in the Komari Arc right now, there's alot of potential for a Bad End here. Furthermore, the Episode 2 flashback seems to hint strongly that Riki has already gone through some of the routes. If so, this might actually explain why his character seems stronger - Little Busters literally starts in Media Res. We are not seeing Riki at the beginning of the dream, we are seeing Riki after a cycle.

I'm also going to go onto a wild speculation that the entire Komari Arc was triggered from Riki's Narcolepsy incident. At the end of the Komari Arc, there will be a complete reset, where Riki awakes AGAIN from his Narcolepsy, right at the very beginning from his fainting spell. From there, he might proceed to another route, perhaps Anego, Rin 1, or even Kud.

That will catch the attention of Anime Original viewers, though we might also hear: Endless Eight Murmurings too as a result of that.

This is just the musings of an idiotic anime only watcher who ended up spoiling himself on TVtropes....
Old 2012-11-04, 22:44   Link #255
matrixhazard

Latest episode gave me a good nod for the anime direction. Even though most of thing were cut, but for my opinion it is still sticking with the Komari's route. I believe that next episode will be the conclusion of Komari's route (2 episode might be too long unless they are going to fully implement Komari's flashback for 25-minute, but they already have some flashback in latest eps so the flashback in next episode should be short)

I hope that after Komari's route is concluded, it will go through common route storyline, recruiting all team member first then just Rin1 then rewind back to the beginning.

Still, I'm really annoying that anime is not still giving a real debut for Mio. She is my favorite character and I really want to see her badly now. (Since she got a new CV, I'm looking forward how her voice will be)
Old 2012-11-05, 00:53   Link #256
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I've not played the VN before, so I might not be the best person to make wild speculations.

However, I have spoiled myself with TVTropes article on Little Busters, so I have a little bit of idea of what's to come and the general set up of the world.

From what I'm seeing in the Komari Arc right now, there's alot of potential for a Bad End here. Furthermore, the Episode 2 flashback seems to hint strongly that Riki has already gone through some of the routes. If so, this might actually explain why his character seems stronger - Little Busters literally starts in Media Res. We are not seeing Riki at the beginning of the dream, we are seeing Riki after a cycle.

I'm also going to go onto a wild speculation that the entire Komari Arc was triggered from Riki's Narcolepsy incident. At the end of the Komari Arc, there will be a complete reset, where Riki awakes AGAIN from his Narcolepsy, right at the very beginning from his fainting spell. From there, he might proceed to another route, perhaps Anego, Rin 1, or even Kud.

That will catch the attention of Anime Original viewers, though we might also hear: Endless Eight Murmurings too as a result of that.

This is just the musings of an idiotic anime only watcher who ended up spoiling himself on TVtropes....
My condolences to being spoiled, what a shame.
But damn, your idea about the narcolepsy reset is actually pretty plausible. It could work. I kinda want them to do this now! :P
Old 2012-11-05, 05:33   Link #257
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Hell, I have favorite characters from Key. So I do understand some of you guys' sentiments. I think what's amusing and charming about reading through their visual novels through the years is - most of the character archetypes can be applied to my longlife friend and wife for five years as she grew up. (Also why the below mentioned characters are my favorite characters.)

Spoiler for My Wife as Metaphor for Key:

That aside, we're all fans here (supposedly) so let our opinions keep meeting on the online dance floor.
Old 2012-11-05, 20:43   Link #258
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post

Bad End? Komari's Arc? You have no idea how heart-breaking it is.

As for the Nacrolepsy incident... it pretty much works! It can also provide an Omnibus Flashback element in LB, something that fans already know works for this one particular series.

...also, TVTropes is a mine field of spoilers in adapted works.
Old 2012-11-05, 21:46   Link #259
matrixhazard

I think Komari Bad End might be possible if they put something like having Riki surrender to the truth and act like her brother. Then Riki got nacrolepsy and lose his consciousness. Then, he woke up again and decide to reject the truth and help Komari fight and come over the reality.

Personally, this might make the conclustion looks more dramatic and better, but the problem is that it needs more space in the next episode to do this.
Old 2012-11-05, 22:18   Link #260
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Not if they stick it in the last 2 minutes like they did with Komari's breakdown as they did last ep...

Arty

Closed Thread