AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-20, 22:22   Link #21
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I mean that the Wish characters can travel through dimensions. As TRC has shown, the same dimension can look dramatically different depending on the time you drop in. So, I guess that appearances can be deceiving, in the sense that things may look "modern", but depending on the dimension we're looking at, it could very well be in the past/future.
Old 2009-10-20, 22:25   Link #22
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Huh, I wouldn't put CLAMP past some time travel, they've never done a ton of that in any given manga so it's about time for them to pull that trick or two. But I remember a bit of time travel in Wish and it seemed like it took quiet a bit of power to do, I don't think Kohaku had enough power to do so even by the end of the series, and I think time traveling was frowned up. Grrr, why oh why did I leave my manga at home?!? Curse you too full duffle bags...
Old 2009-10-20, 22:28   Link #23
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Huh, I wouldn't put CLAMP past some time travel, they've never done a ton of that in any given manga so it's about time for them to pull that trick or two. But I remember a bit of time travel in Wish and it seemed like it took quiet a bit of power to do, I don't think Kohaku had enough power to do so even by the end of the series, and I think time traveling was frowned up. Grrr, why oh why did I leave my manga at home?!? Curse you too full duffle bags...
Not just time-travelling, but also travelling between other worlds. Granted, such travels are taxing in multiple ways, but it's the preparations for such trips which fuel many CLAMP plotlines.
Old 2009-10-20, 22:35   Link #24
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well I still believe that these are the original Wish characters and that the world of Kobato is the same world as those of the Wish characters (as well as the world of xxxHolic, Legal Drug, and possibly CCS and Suki). And since it is shown in the Wish manga that time traveling is hard even for angels/devils, and generally Not Allowed, it is unlikely that the Wish characters are time traveling. Which brings me back to my original problem, what time line are we in here anyway?!??! Anyone know when the next issue of NewType is due out?
Old 2009-10-20, 22:49   Link #25
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I was thinking more of "space-travelling", actually. But, this is CLAMP, so....
Old 2010-03-12, 13:20   Link #26
prnoct90

most recent chapter was. good.
Old 2010-03-13, 04:31   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
most recent chapter was. good.
Truly was. This chapter alone blows anyway what we've been seeing in the adaptation lately.
Old 2010-03-13, 10:05   Link #28
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I was a little annoyed at the new chapter myself because of the blatant Wish parallels. I hope Kobato remains rather different than Wish since who wants to see the same story told too many times?
Old 2010-03-14, 12:41   Link #29
prnoct90

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I was a little annoyed at the new chapter myself because of the blatant Wish parallels. I hope Kobato remains rather different than Wish since who wants to see the same story told too many times?
Yah, something about this seemed strangely familiar. Like...an exact copy of Wish. Maybe they're more linked then I though. Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who noted that Iroryogi's angel looked strikingly similar to Kobato.
Old 2010-04-30, 23:13   Link #30
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

damn, this thread needs a good old bump. i LOVE kobato -- i've been following it for years now. always been quite the fujibato shipper, as you could just tell these two were going to fall hard for one another eventually. to see it happen before my eyes is lovely, i just love these two. i mean, i wish i could know how long this series is going to be, as a confession could come any chapter now. i don't want kobato to end, but at the same time i want to know how it will end.

i hope a happy ending is in sight, and hopefully one that is different from wish. i like wish and all, but i'm not wanting a recycled ending. i doubt it will happen, but. just throwing it out there.

i'm particularly intrigued by the last chapter -- how after kobato states how she wants to heal fujimoto's heart to see him smile, ioryogi simply says "... really." i'm excited for the upcoming conflict surrounding this. yum, drama.
Old 2011-09-02, 09:09   Link #31
yura`

Spoiler for Final drop:
Closed Thread

Tags
shounen