AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-24, 04:25   Link #1
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun (manga discussion)

Discussion for the manga of "Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun".
Or like the manga covers say "Our Dear Tamura-kun"

Spoiler for covers:

The last volume (vol. 4) is due to release on 6/27.
Aah, it has to end already?! What a thing...

So far, a great and enjoyable story. Love the covers of the manga a lot too.

Synopsis (from novel thread):
Quote:
Tamura Yukisada, a thrird year middle school student, fell in love at first sight with Matsuzawa Komaki. However, Komaki, being the eccentric girl she is, only says that she must return to her homeland star. When Yukisada learns that Komaki meant she wanted to join her parents, who were killed in an accident, he decides to confess to her. After Komaki's grandmother, her only in-law, passes away, she moves out. Yukisada kept in touch with Komaki by exchanging letters, but she stopped sending it around the time of high school entrance exams. Upon entering high school, Yukisada meets Souma Hiroka, an girl who hardly attended middle school, who was tutored by Yukisada's older brother Nao. Yukisada attentively looks after Hiroka, wherein she opens her heart to him and confesses her love. One day, Yukihiro receives a letter from Komaki for the first time in a while. Written in the letter was, "Who is Souma-sam?". The beginning of a love triangle.
Anyways, it's a love comedy-love triangle type of story between Tamura Yukisada, Matsuzawa Komaki, and Souma Hiroka.

First two volumes also feature bonus chapters (1 per volume) focusing on Tamura's friend, Takaura Shinichi, and his younger sister, Tamai Io.

Even by the end of the third volume, it's still hard to tell who Tamura will choose. But that's one good part of the story! Of course, haven't read the novels yet, so I don't know the conclusion either. (-_-)

Spoiler for character thoughts so far:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-06-24 at 04:33.
Old 2008-04-24, 05:16   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
For some reason, there is a thread for this in the unaired anime thread. But I don't see anything for Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun in Moonphase or anything...
It appears the announcement it was to be an anime was an April Fools. Moved thread from Unaired to Manga and merged together.

Edit: We now have two threads, one for the manga and another for the light novel.

Watashi-tachi no Tamura-kun (manga discussion)
Watashitachi no Tamura-kun (Light Novel discussion)

Last edited by xris; 2008-04-24 at 16:41. Reason: Added link to light novel discussion thread
Old 2008-04-24, 09:29   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
It appears the announcement it was to be an anime was an April Fools. Moved thread from Unaired to Manga and merged together.
Well, didn't expect a merge to happen.
If you plan to move Neosam's post to the manga thread, if it isn't too much trouble, can you split his post from mine into two different threads, and change his title to "novel discussion" and mine to "manga discussion"?
The novels and manga might have different material, and other titles have both a manga and novel thread (like Toradora), which is why I suggest this.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-24, 11:35   Link #4
Dingo
The polyphony

I was wrong.Dead wrong.

Last edited by Dingo; 2008-06-24 at 15:14.
Old 2008-06-24, 04:32   Link #5
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Cover for volume 4 (end):

Spoiler:

As pretty as always, the manga covers.

It seems the end will have two bonus chapters, one being "Himitsu Melancholy" and the other being the second chapter for Takaura and Io.
Looking forward to Himitsu Melancholy, but I would have been happy if they did "Ohige Girls" instead of Takaura 2...
I curse the fact I won't be able to get this volume for a while...

Old 2008-06-24, 04:47   Link #6
excelence

question ... how many scanlated chapter has been done on this title?

i only know 1 group doing the work and have released 5 chapter + extra chapter

the storyline sound promising
Old 2008-06-24, 04:57   Link #7
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by excelence View Post
question ... how many scanlated chapter has been done on this title?

i only know 1 group doing the work and have released 5 chapter + extra chapter

the storyline sound promising
I believe that's it. SCX's 5 chapters and Takaura extra 1-1.

Old 2008-06-24, 14:21   Link #8
『 RESET 』
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to TOP Send a message via MSN to TOP
Read this manga last night and so far it's great. Hope to see more releases.
Old 2008-07-02, 06:58   Link #9
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I dont know what you mean when you say that it is unclear who will be the chosen one girl. For me it is miles away clear that it will be Komaki and that Hiroka has no chances whatsoever.

It never really shifts from pursuing Komaki and it won't shift in the end as well. i would be VERY surprised if it would be Hiroka. But I think it will be Komaki. Seems very predictable.

And characters are not great either. Rather dull if you ask me. Well at least artwork is good.
Old 2008-07-03, 07:11   Link #10
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um is this a good read???
Old 2008-07-03, 13:18   Link #11
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
um is this a good read???
Very good! And only 4 volumes, so you won't lose much by investing in this manga.
And since there is a scanlation going on, you might as well try it out and see for yourself.

Old 2008-07-03, 22:21   Link #12
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

Because every chapter is alternating between Komaki and Hiroka, I got confused reading this, but overall, it's a great series. I just found out that the story author is the same as ToraDora!

Love your sig, serenade_beta!
Old 2008-07-12, 15:03   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*throws stones at manga-ka*
Oi oi, you follow the novel through 3 volumes and a bit more, and you just have to modify the final scene? I was really looking forward to it... (orz)
Though it still wasn't bad (although definitely not as good as the novel version), and it was very satisfying. The great art (the characters all look so cute in the manga) was also good help. It's too bad there aren't more protagonists like Yukisada these days...
Himitsu Melancholy was also great. Good mix of comedy and drama, and it even linked a bit to the actual story! Quite amusing at the fact that Wataru had the same last name as Yukisada...
Takaura & Io chapter... Umm, no comment. Art was great though, yeah.

Aww, it's too bad the manga is over now. But it was fun, yep.

It's too bad Yuyuko-sensei's Toradora couldn't live up to this... Less drama, more comedy (that isn't funny), Yukisada>>>>Ryuji, a lot slower, etc...

Old 2008-07-12, 18:29   Link #14
REEPER

Quote:
*throws stones at manga-ka*
Oi oi, you follow the novel through 3 volumes and a bit more, and you just have to modify the final scene? I was really looking forward to it... (orz)
Though it still wasn't bad (although definitely not as good as the novel version), and it was very satisfying. The great art (the characters all look so cute in the manga) was also good help. It's too bad there aren't more protagonists like Yukisada these days...
Himitsu Melancholy was also great. Good mix of comedy and drama, and it even linked a bit to the actual story! Quite amusing at the fact that Wataru had the same last name as Yukisada...
Takaura & Io chapter... Umm, no comment. Art was great though, yeah.

Aww, it's too bad the manga is over now. But it was fun, yep.

It's too bad Yuyuko-sensei's Toradora couldn't live up to this... Less drama, more comedy (that isn't funny), Yukisada>>>>Ryuji, a lot slower, etc...
You've seen the last volume of the manga, if so where ?
Old 2008-07-12, 20:39   Link #15
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEPER View Post
You've seen the last volume of the manga, if so where ?
I bought it.

Old 2008-07-12, 21:38   Link #16
Avisch
Reality Blender

I've read up to chapter 6 plus the first extra chapter. It's a nice manga. It's very simple. And since I like simple things (aswell as insanely complicated things) I find it attractive.

I didn't know it was by the same author as Toradora! but I did feel something that implied such, the artwork looked similar (the original artwork for both was by Yasu, but the manga of both wered one by different people) and the way things were presented seemed alike.

The story very "quiet" compared to Toradora's. Toradora has it's side characters which make story have alot of life. Tamura-kun has around....3-5 side characters (from what I've seen) and they are not really expanded upon much. THIS IS NOT A BAD STORY DECISION. But anyway, Io is the best side character so far

I don't know how the novels are. But so far the manga seems to focus ALOT on Matsuzawa. But this actually does make sense considering that Tamura loves her. I'm interested in Souma abit more. Maybe because I like tsundere. But I look forward to knowing her real character.

In the end. So far. I like it
I want read the end. SCX keep it up.

One crazy B****
Old 2008-07-13, 17:21   Link #17
REEPER

Quote:
I bought it.
care to spoilerise the ending for us (me) ?
Old 2008-07-13, 17:53   Link #18
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEPER View Post
care to spoilerise the ending for us (me) ?
Don't know where to start, but okay~

Spoiler:

Old 2008-07-13, 19:04   Link #19
REEPER

Smile

Quote:
Don't know where to start, but okay~

Spoiler:
Alrighty, thanks for going through the effort of typing that out, much appreciated
Old 2008-07-14, 01:32   Link #20
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

Too bad they didn't make an alternate ending for the manga version. Cliffhanger ending, or was it not..? >_<
Closed Thread

Tags
romance, shounen