Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-04-25, 11:43   Link #21
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
That's my point what is it that makes it so intressting for someone older?
I simply like it. I first liked the character designs and eventually liked the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Well duh it's my opinion what's the point in saying that it's an opinion? You know people on a forum state their opinions that's what they are all about you know?
There's a big difference between stating one's opinion and trying to impose said opinion to other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon
If you have read the manga you would know it's childish.
Discussing something means that you need to accept the fact that the other side is not forced to agree with you at any one point; Since we started with this, you have only tried to convince me about how right your opinion is on this matter.

In other words, you have expressed your POV as if it were an unquestionable fact that must be accepted by those that disagree, and that's not how a discussion works................... at least not an open one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon
On other are seriously saying this isn't childish ofcourse my opnion isn't for everyone. I'm pretty sure the majority does think this is childish.
See what I mean? you are once again trying to convert your opinion and POV into some sort of fact.

What the majority thinks is just what the majority thinks, and that's hardly what you could call an unquestionable truth about anime..

Quote:
Originally Posted by paTKany
Episode 1 (raw) is out, and i'm quite satisfied with it. The manga's innocent cuteness well keeped on for the anime.
Awww, I am soo watching the RAW right now!

I mean, this thing is probably not gonna get subbed anyway, so....
Old 2008-04-25, 12:45   Link #22
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I have now watched episode one and, in fact, it was wonderful. This is an excellent little slice-of-life story with great relationships within the family and between the friends, and appropriate emotions well portrayed. Quick, unpretentious, and not fake.

And the VAs are excellent. Nazuka Kaori (Tsubomi) and Koshimizu Ami (Saya) together are just to die for. Kamosan, 23, was Eureka in Eureka Seven and Cossette in Les Miserables. Amisuke, 22, was Anemone in Eureka Seven and Horo in Spice & Wolf. They are friends in real life.

I have no idea whether the show will be of any use as health education, and I know that the theme was chosen for a hint of fanservice, as well, but all that aside, it's just a good little show. Childish? Not in the least. It's more mature than most anime, in my opinion, despite its simple style and the ages of the characters.

And out of sheer enthusiasm for their work, here is a photo from the official site of Nazuka Kaori (left) and Koshimizu Ami at the recording session. (click to enlarge):

EDIT: I apologize to anyone who prefers that even personal reaction to an unsubbed episode be spoilered, but I wanted to counteract some of the things said previously about the manga, so that people who might like the show had a different point of view to consider.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-25 at 15:31.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 13:10   Link #23
Molenir

Yeah, have to admit, I like this so far. As you say, definitely preserves the innocence of the manga. Am enjoying the humor of it, as well as the big sister aspect. (Don't want to say too much in case people haven't read the manga.) Anyway, I hope it gets subbed soon.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 11:34   Link #24
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Man, it took me forever to download this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I have no idea whether the show will be of any use as health education, and I know that the theme was chosen for a hint of fanservice, as well, but all that aside, it's just a good little show. Childish? Not in the least. It's more mature than most anime, in my opinion, despite its simple style and the ages of the characters.
I couldn't have said it better.

There where some things I didn't like, though. >_< !

No intro, wich was something I was really looking forward to. I also need to say that I prefer the character designs in the manga when compared to the ones in the anime.

Nevertheless, it was nice to see this title animated. This first episode covered the first four chapters in the manga, wich means that the first story arc will most likely be covered in three episodes.

I'll be surprised if this ever gets subbed, but I guess it doesn't hurt to hope for one either.
Old 2008-04-27, 07:25   Link #25
ArabianSwan
Ureshii ^_^

Send a message via AIM to ArabianSwan
Phenie announced his interest in doing this ova, few of our staff too. So I guess it will get subbed Also hoping to add this to our F-B&Ureshii projects with Sylf TLCing, it is still not final
ArabianSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 15:59   Link #26
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabianSwan View Post
Phenie announced his interest in doing this ova, few of our staff too. So I guess it will get subbed Also hoping to add this to our F-B&Ureshii projects with Sylf TLCing, it is still not final
That's good news indeed.

Looking forward to it!
Old 2008-04-28, 22:18   Link #27
Seiryuu

Never had any doubt, really, that someone would take an interest in subbing this. It's very well made, and holds to the story, in both specifics and the overall mood, more than most manga-based anime I've seen. One thing I think they left out, though:
Spoiler:

BTW, judging from the preview, we're going to get several of the funniest scenes this next time around. Based on the clips shown, I'd say we're at least getting:
Spoiler for scene 1:
...and...
Spoiler for scene 2:

The only thing I really don't like right now is that, since there's apparently only 3 OVA's, the second story probably isn't part of what they plan to animate. Too bad, that one was in many ways even more entertaining than this one.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 22:30   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I have now watched episode one and, in fact, it was wonderful. This is an excellent little slice-of-life story with great relationships within the family and between the friends, and appropriate emotions well portrayed. Quick, unpretentious, and not fake.

And the VAs are excellent. Nazuka Kaori (Tsubomi) and Koshimizu Ami (Saya) together are just to die for. Kamosan, 23, was Eureka in Eureka Seven and Cossette in Les Miserables. Amisuke, 22, was Anemone in Eureka Seven and Horo in Spice & Wolf. They are friends in real life.

And out of sheer enthusiasm for their work, here is a photo from the official site of Nazuka Kaori (left) and Koshimizu Ami at the recording session. (click to enlarge):

EDIT: I apologize to anyone who prefers that even personal reaction to an unsubbed episode be spoilered, but I wanted to counteract some of the things said previously about the manga, so that people who might like the show had a different point of view to consider.
Not to mention Nazuka Kaori was also Hiromi in True Tears. Quite a shift in characters there!

I agree with Kaoru, more or less. This certainly wasn't childish and it's quite well done, with exceptional voice work. The health ed stuff is a bit more graphic than what I expected, and it's hard to know just how exactly that was intended - this isn't a public service video, after all. Still, most people are way too uptight about stuff like that and it's handled pretty sensitively.

Plot-wise, the whole Saya thing is a bit odd I have to confess, but the romance angle played beautifully in an innocent way. Certainly looking forward to the next couple of releases.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 11:43   Link #29
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just saw the subs, and it's not a bad show really. Having been force-fed to read 'girls growing up' books as a Canadian *cough*AnneOfGreenGables*cough*, I've read my own share of these kind of shows in book format.

As someone who takes averse to the Slice of Life genre and shows with lots of lolis running around, I can actually enjoy this. At the very least, these girls are acting like real young females (ala Dennou Coil) rather than how most lolis are depicted in anime. Plus, I'm wondering what that secret is she mentioned at the end of the episode, and on top of that, Tachibana and Nemoto are so cute together lol. XD

Now I'm just wondering if this was anime is meant to be one of those sex ed videos you watch at school. I would definitely raise an eyebrow if this was meant for the otaku population... (I really wish I can read that article linked up top, but it seems it's been relocated or purged)

As for the animation studio, who the heck are they? It seems the last anime they did were from over a decade and a half ago according to ANN. I wonder how they survived? lol XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 09:17   Link #30
Mef

Why is this still in the Unaired category? Subs have been out for a few days now.

I liked the 1st OVA but somehow I liked the preview best

Btw, Thany where are you??? I expect you to post in this thread !!
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 12:55   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 2 DVD comes out on 30 May. From the list of contents, it appears they are still presenting it as real health education for girls -- at a price. The limited edition ($75) includes an audio commentary from "Dr. Kitamura" (I don't think they mean Kitamura Eri, lol) explaining "the wonders of the heart and body," a special booklet, a "character charm," a "luncheon mat," as well as some signed copies of original drawings, a special DVD cover, a bag, and a special slipcase for the set. The standard edition ($40) includes the DVD jacket, the audio commentary, and a postcard.

But on rewatching, I realized that I should honestly call it not just "slice of life," but "moe slice of life." "Moe" in the original comparatively non-sexual sense, perhaps, involving stimulation of an instinctive desire to nurture and protect. Nazuka Kaori's little gasp and "Okaa-san" almost brought tears to my eyes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-05-06, 13:05   Link #32
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Man, I have been downloading other things and have yet to see the sub!
Old 2008-05-06, 18:06   Link #33
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was far more then I thought it would be...Further proof that with alittle good writing and some anime art you can cutesy up any subject and turn it from stale educational material into something engaging (Yea I'm looking at you microbes... ). Sure beats the hell outta the stuff I got forced to watch when I was a a kid anyway...

Episode 2 looks pretty charming as well...Ahhh young love...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 21:57   Link #34
firewolf_005
月光の&

Send a message via MSN to firewolf_005
I just finished watching the first episode, it was what I would consider very very VERY innocent!

I personally am not sure if I will continue watching this anime though. I never had a time passed the age of 6 when I didn't know about all of that stuff, so I felt kind of depressed when I watched it, like I had missed out on something.

From what I got out of it though is that this would be on my priority list to throw to my daughter when she goes into grade 4 or 5, if I have one in the future.
firewolf_005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 21:10   Link #35
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
I just watched the first ep too... I closed my eyes during a few scenes. It could be that nothing graphic was actually shown, but I didn't want to take that chance. I don't think I'll be watching any more of this.

However, I applaud the way they made a fairly cute story with such a difficult subject. And I gotta admit this subject is the first time I've seen an anime about shoujo puberty and feminine hygiene *. I agree with the earlier posting that this would be good for 9-10 year old girls.... and the uh.... more emotionally interesting... lolicon hentais out there. :barf:

-k

curious

Out of over a thousand different anime series I've seen, I only remember Omoide Poro Poro having much to do with this. Those scenes were pretty darn funny/cute, though.
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 05:44   Link #36
Seiryuu

Saw the second ep, and it was pretty good once again. It's too bad that some of the funniest parts were cut or edited. For instance, the class trip scene was limited to merely a flashback, and all that was left of the first scene I mentioned above was Tsubomi's discovering that several of her classmates were covering the lower part of their fronts in the bath because that was starting to grow. I suppose it makes sense that they'd cut Futoshi peeping on the girls and commenting on their hair, since if this is used as an educational material they'd want to avoid giving any boys any bright ideas. Better to let the boys discover such things on their own, as they certainly would. It would be hard for a boy not to be very much aware of the fact that a bunch of hot girls are naked on the other side of a wall, and someone would almost definitely decide that walls were meant to be climbed. (Please note that I'm using the term "hot" according to the viewpoint of the boys in the story, who may consider an adult's idea of attractive to be far too old.)
I enjoyed the scene with Nemoto waking up in the morning. That's possibly one of the most awkward things boys go through growing up, and I bet many of the guys can relate to the mortification and painful loss of innocence when they first realize that they did NOT wet the bed.
Over all, this held pretty well to the story, and continued to maintain its cute, innocent atmosphere. Funny and nostalgic for adults, this provides a very good, sensitive portrayal of the struggles kids that age go through.
All that said, I thought Rea seemed a little too interested and excited when they learned about the male body in class.
Old 2008-06-11, 20:42   Link #37
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Nice lil show I might keep up, as for the loli stuff
feed pedos to the Zettai Karen Children or worse yet to the "Oukata lovers" squad from inu kami, oh god I never laughed so hard over the reversals in inu kami.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-27, 13:22   Link #38
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved -- absolutely loved -- episode 3.
Spoiler for ep3:
More wonderful work from Nazuka Kaori and Koshimizu Ami, but also from Shiraishi Ryouko as Nemoto-kun.

[irony]Such a trivial show, concerned only with unimportant matters like family love, personal growth, romantic love, and new life. [/irony]

But I wouldn't claim that this is pure health education. There is some fanservice going on here, too.
Old 2008-06-27, 23:19   Link #39
Greenish Growth

Yeah, I didn't expect the series to end that way.

I thought the third episode was surprisingly nice.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 21:10   Link #40
Seiryuu

First off, of course there's some FS. You'd have a lot of trouble finding any anime (or any televised production for people over the age of six or so) that didn't have any fanservice. And with a show centered on such matters as this one is, it's hard to differentiate. I wouldn't say the bath scene of ep 3 was gratuitous, btw. There's nothing visible, and the state of nudity enhances the sense of uncertainty and fear, along with the impression of earnest emotion. She's wondering whether she should confess her feelings, emotionally exposing herself, while worrying that she's already "naked" in a sense, completely obvious to everyone. One could see that just as well if she was clothed, but the metaphor adds something nonetheless.
BTW, I'm watching the subs, and there's a couple spots that struck me. First, Rea doesn't say how exciting it is to see a baby in its mother's belly, she marvels at how simple it seems to be able to see the baby this way. Second, Yae doesn't have a complex about tall boys. She has a complex about how tall she is, like the boys.

Tags
drama, slice of life