4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.31%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-17, 12:10   Link #701
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yes, I know it is unlikely because it would be uncharacteristic of a Gundam show. But I personally prefer it because Ali has far too many enemies for a single death to satisfy all fandom. If you can't please everyone, then you might as well please no one.
Hmm...Well, for some people, the attitude towards anyone killing him can range from an accepting one (albeit perhaps somewhat reluctant) to a bewildered and unhappy one, depending on who kills Ali and the significance of it. Just to cite a simple example with little basis...

Killed by, say, Ribbons or Wang:
"WTF, killed by people like them, when they didn't even get into the thick of the action? That's so cheap."

Killed by Tieria/Allelujah/Setsuna or even Graham:
"Damn...[insert character] didn't kill him, but at least [insert character] did. Revenge is served."

Sounds a little contrived, but I'm convinced that not viewers might be more accepting of the killing if it was done by someone closer to Lockon (seeing that he's pretty popular among the viewers) than having someone with absolutely no ostensible reason to kill Ali except for personal gain. Generally I think it might look like this for people who will continue to bay for some mercenary kebab IF we see Ali alive and kicking with a few more battle scars on his body.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 12:15   Link #702
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
Beam Sabers failed to cut the Double X even with direct hits, but I guess that's the only exception to the rule. Funnily, a "beam knife" did chop one of the DX's arms. I suppose the more impractical the weapon is, the better it actually works.

Anyway, back on topic, I'll be disappointed if Ali still comes back this season, any battles against him now will be just pointless, and there's still Graham and the new MA too.
It's not about practicality; it's about how "close and personal" an attack is. In rare situations when both sides lost their beam weapon, it can end with punching and kicking. You get style points that way.

Ali would probably be off fixing his stolen MS and any injuries until the next half of the show. But never count him out yet; just because he might be without a Gundam for a while, doesn't make him harmless. Out of his last five kills, three were done without using a Gundam. His death combo might reach new heights.
Old 2008-03-17, 12:24   Link #703
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

ok maybe i missed it but why didn't lockon go trans am while fighting ali? had he turned it on during the melee portion of their fight he would have trashed him soundly.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 12:43   Link #704
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Who know? Maybe he can not turn it on. Maybe don't want to do it.
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 12:57   Link #705
redbones

Quote:
It's not about practicality; it's about how "close and personal" an attack is. In rare situations when both sides lost their beam weapon, it can end with punching and kicking. You get style points that way.

Ali would probably be off fixing his stolen MS and any injuries until the next half of the show. But never count him out yet; just because he might be without a Gundam for a while, doesn't make him harmless. Out of his last five kills, three were done without using a Gundam. His death combo might reach new heights.
Like how the final battle in CCA ended up?

Although Ali is the villian in this, I can't get to totally hate him since I'm a fan of the CV.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 13:03   Link #706
Stretch5920

I hope the inevitable Ali vs Setsuna showdown ends in a knife fight.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 13:08   Link #707
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
I hope the inevitable Ali vs Setsuna showdown ends in a knife fight.
Ah, yes. That's certainly a possibility.

It is more expensive to animate. But if they can start the fight with Gundams, and ended up slugging it out one-on-one with the bare minimum of weapons, it would be something to look forward to.
Old 2008-03-17, 13:16   Link #708
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Ah, yes. That's certainly a possibility.

It is more expensive to animate. But if they can start the fight with Gundams, and ended up slugging it out one-on-one with the bare minimum of weapons, it would be something to look forward to.
Sounds a bit like TTGL 15.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 13:28   Link #709
redbones

heck, they might pull a Char vs. Amuro at the end of 0079

Then again, there are bad guys like Yazan from Z/ZZ. He was a true roach.

Last edited by redbones; 2008-03-17 at 15:04.
Old 2008-03-17, 14:28   Link #710
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Just back on 00, now that Ali's reachd his 5-kill-combo of named characters in 4 straight weeks, there is quite an impressive list of people who would want him dead.

I think it is safe to say Ali is still alive at this point. The question is, who would get to kill him?

My personal opinion, is that I want him to die from being back-stabbed.

A backstabber with no loyalties but himself should die by treachery; to know what it feel to die purely because someone else think it is more convenient that way.

I don't really want him to die in an exploding MS, in the middle of a battle. It sounds too much like how he would have wanted to die.

In short? I want Wang to have the honor. She herself is immoral, but that's exactly what I am looking for. Her considerable wealth and influence could attract Ali to his doom. Not knowing that someone just as cold and ruthless as him is in the same room, looking cute and innocent, Ali would make a fatal underestimation.

This is just my desires, of course. Each to their own.
I like that idea but I'd actually rather Wang use Ali either unwillingly or unwittingly to help farther CB's goal of eliminating war. Rather then him being killed, have him live the rest of his life with the knowledge that he helped created a world where his way of life is an obsolete relic of the past and denied the death in battle he wanted.

Like you said, to each his own
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 14:52   Link #711
Marsala
Delurker

If Ali is still alive, then Setsuna pretty much has to be the one to kill him in the end. Setsuna is the one with the greatest connection to Ali, and Ali even has a mutual obsession with Setsuna.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 14:54   Link #712
Galdred

It's a little stupid if Ali survives, though. It makes Lockon death as meaningless as if he were killed by a truck while crossing a street...
Even though he is the bad guy, I don't see how replacing him would be harder than replacing Lockon, who was the most likeable Meister.
I have nothing against Ali, but I hope he and Lockon remain dead, otherwise, he could as well resurrect Lockon with an iron mask and pretend all of it didn't happen...
Galdred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 14:56   Link #713
FuzzyWuzzy

You guys have no imagination whatsoever.
I will tell you how Saji will kill Ali.

For the sake of argument, let's assume that Ali is still alive. For some, let's pretend that he is still alive. The only possible way that he will still be alive after that explosion is that he is injured or crippled in some way that he can no longer use a gundam. So even in death or defeat, Lockon won since he took Ali out of fighting. Lockon took everything that is precious to Ali.

If I could make an analogy, I would compare it to Naruto. I know the word Naruto is already a blasphemy that should never be spoken but hear me out. When the 4th took out Orochimarou's arms, the 4th hokage won even in defeat because he took everything that was precious to Orochimarou which is his ninjitsu. However, Orochimarou did find a way to get them all back.

A similar thing will happen in Gundam 00. Ali could no longer fight, maybe because he no longer has arms or legs. He lost his crew and followers. So he will manipulate some young boy to fight for him the same way he manipulated Setsuna. This is where Saji comes along. Saji will be the arms and legs of Ali so Ali can fight again and get back the world that he lost.

Of course Saji will learn the truth that Ali killed Saji's sister and Saji will turn on Ali. Every hatred and pain he accumulated over the months, he will explode it all on Ali. However at that time, Ali can now operate a gundam on his own due to technology or upgrades to the gundams that we see all the time. There's a possibility that Saji will kill Ali to avenge his sister but it is however more likely that Saji will fail and Setsuna will enter and kill Ali.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 15:21   Link #714
redbones

And how long will it take Saji to become a meister? I think all of the pilots have some sort of special abilities. Setsuna was a soldier as a little boy. Lockon, gifted sniper, Allelujah EX-human, Tieria able to link with Veda. If the meisters are chosen by Veda, there has to be some big twist to happen for Saji to become one. Unless as someone speculated, Saji gets into contact with Ali or Wang Liu Mei.

Personally, I don't want another Shin Asuka imo.
Old 2008-03-17, 15:45   Link #715
RedWing

Why did it have to be Lockon?
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 15:53   Link #716
FuzzyWuzzy

Saji can't be a meister. He has no interest in ending wars. All meisters want war to end. Saji just wants revenge because his sister died, his gf dumped him and his little spoiled world ended.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:13   Link #717
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Sometimes I have to wonder if some bloggers are even watching the same show as the rest of us. An old man suffering from severe dementia and screaming at a television comes to mind, but alas that might not be the case.

As always I present an example to people to put things into perspective and for fun. I am not responsible for any damage to people's psyche they may endure while reading about the "events" of "Gundam 00 Episode 23".
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:18   Link #718
ani_d

So just saw 23 and I'm about to rip my hair out. -_- Lockon was so hot. How can they do that? And

Spoiler:
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:31   Link #719
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
So just saw 23 and I'm about to rip my hair out. -_- Lockon was so hot. How can they do that? And

Spoiler:
Brother...
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 16:46   Link #720
RedWing

Im preeeety sure Ali is dead and Zwei is "scrapped".
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote