AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 75 33.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 85 37.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 15.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 10.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.44%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-17, 22:45   Link #201
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

True, true, I only just finished rewatching Kanon with my housemate (who just saw it for the first time and loved it), and now we're watching Clannad too. Actually, I'm too impatient to wait to watch it with him, so I watch it first by myself, then rewatch it again later with him, lol.
Old 2007-10-18, 00:52   Link #202
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Oh hell yeah..I m so lookin forward to the wide screen release. The 4:3 was paining me a bit..but hopefully the problem will be soved from this week onwards.

Hoping for more Ichinose goodness in Ep 03 ^_^
lol, I'm looking foward for HD widescreen as well.

I didn't want to watch Clannad on SD version in the first place, but when people were mentioning how good anime is this and start to spoil the 1st episode all over around the forums, I was forced myself to watch it. >_<
Old 2007-10-18, 03:03   Link #203
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Oh hell yeah..I m so lookin forward to the wide screen release. The 4:3 was paining me a bit..but hopefully the problem will be soved from this week onwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrew View Post
lol, I'm looking foward for HD widescreen as well.

I didn't want to watch Clannad on SD version in the first place, but when people were mentioning how good anime is this and start to spoil the 1st episode all over around the forums, I was forced myself to watch it. >_<
Yay for the masses who want to see CLANNAD the way it was supposed to be shown!

I was initially going to wait for the widescreen releases before watching as well, however my months of waiting had taken its toll and forced me to watch the fullscreen version. Now that I've preordered all the DVDs, I'm not too fussed about the widescreen issue anymore, but it will definitely be worth watching anyway!

I SAY BRING ON OCT 25, BS-i!
Old 2007-10-18, 14:57   Link #204
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Yay for the masses who want to see CLANNAD the way it was supposed to be shown!
Yay indeed! I also really really REALLY want to watch this on HD, and was also waiting for the HD version, but I heard the good things, and saw screenshots. I just finally caught up, and definately enjoying this.

Loved the High Five moment (as seen on my avatar) and the Bi joke. Ryou and Fuko are now my Favs. in Clannad (though if i had to pick on, probably Ryou).

Also just a side note: Seems that KyoAni shifts from serious/drama to comedy every quarter since FMP: TSR (FMP:TSR -> Haruhi -> Kanon -> Lucky Star -> Clannad -> Haruhi 2nd season)
Old 2007-10-18, 17:03   Link #205
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
CLANNAD is not too serious like Kanon--even the teary scenes are not sad.
Old 2007-10-18, 19:08   Link #206
Shadowfox79
High5 attack: Lose 5555HP

Send a message via AIM to Shadowfox79
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
CLANNAD is not too serious like Kanon--even the teary scenes are not sad.
Sorry, meant to say Serious or Drama , then a comedy. Even though Clannad does have a bunch of laughs or the teary scenes aren't sad, isn't the main genre for it a drama show?

Last edited by Shadowfox79; 2007-10-18 at 19:09. Reason: clarification
Old 2007-10-18, 19:34   Link #207
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

I havent played CLANNAD but I am sure that we will have a fair share of Drama. Its a KEY work after all..and if AIR and KANON were any indication..CLANNAD is sure to make a million hearts cry
Old 2007-10-19, 08:39   Link #208
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

CLANNAD is the only VN I've ever played where the support character (Sunohara Yuhei) has more lines than anyone else. And with Sunohara being so funny all the time, I'd rather categorize CLANNAD as a comedy. But true the nature of CLANNAD is that of a drama.
Old 2007-10-19, 19:13   Link #209
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Just learnt how to use Microsoft Movie Maker, and can't find anywhere I can use it, so I picked 3 of my favourite moments in this episode and made a new clip.

Spoiler for episode 2 moments:

wmv format file can be found here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/63788395...ments.wmv.html
Old 2007-10-22, 12:26   Link #210
kohakuslayer
River Spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to kohakuslayer Send a message via MSN to kohakuslayer Send a message via Yahoo to kohakuslayer
I loved the 2nd episode because it was simply hilarious. The ending was depressing however.
This signature was larger than allowed by the signature rules and a moderator has fed it to the forum bunnies. Many large, plump, oversized signatures are necessary if we are going to breed enough bunnies to conquer the world. With a signature like this one I'm gonna get a few new litters, yay!
Old 2007-11-04, 16:36   Link #211
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
a.f.k. sneak-attacked and beat every one else to a widescreen release! Much lower resolution, but that's likely how they managed it.

I watched along on the SS-Eclipse widescreen release, though. This episode made MUCH more use of the available space. Watching the previous episode, where most of the important art and action fit neatly into the 4:3 frame, I was wondering if the widescreen releases would be worth it. At this point, they certainly are. It's not just the obvious places, like where Ryou's face was cut off (in fact, it still is, just not as much as it was before), but the whole episode seems far more natural in widescreen. After seeing the content use the entire 16:9 frame, watching the 4:3 release again would be like cutting off my arm.

The raw for this widescreen airing seemed much higher quality. Does any one have any details?

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Old 2008-06-24, 08:59   Link #212
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohakuslayer View Post
I loved the 2nd episode because it was simply hilarious. The ending was depressing however.
I agree. This episode is very cute. Like it when Nagisa and Tomoya made Dango's. Wish I knew how to make them.

What are Dango's anyway? Are they like Japanese Candy or something?
Old 2008-06-24, 10:38   Link #213
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Some Dango info.
Old 2008-08-24, 06:31   Link #214
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Whoa, just noticed something on rewatching this episode...

Did Tomoya swear in Chinese?

Exactly when Kyou's moped crashes into him (3:38-3:39 in the SS-Eclipse fansub), he says "wa-kao"! Usage would be completely proper since its meaning is akin to "holy s***" in Mainland China, and something more vulgar in its native Taiwan =p.

... Or is it a more innocent expression in Japanese, after all?

Observation 2

Nagisa's hand must move at warp speed for her to draw almost 50 dango in the time it takes to sing "dango, dango, dango, dango, dango daikazoku". Try it yourself!

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2008-08-24 at 06:48.
Old 2008-08-24, 07:53   Link #215
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
Whoa, just noticed something on rewatching this episode...

Did Tomoya swear in Chinese?

Exactly when Kyou's moped crashes into him (3:38-3:39 in the SS-Eclipse fansub), he says "wa-kao"! Usage would be completely proper since its meaning is akin to "holy s***" in Mainland China, and something more vulgar in its native Taiwan =p.

... Or is it a more innocent expression in Japanese, after all?
Nah, I believe he's actually saying a version of 'otto'(おっと) which is dragged out. It's said when you're actively trying to avoid a mishap in whatever you're in the midst of. In this case it's his life at stake, so he distorted it a little.

I'm quite sure if anything, it's quite far from 我拷。
Old 2010-04-05, 09:59   Link #216
OkamiNoKaze

Tomoyo's Chun Li impression was awesome, definitely a highlight of the episode. The two new girls introduced seem interesting.
Old 2010-04-05, 18:55   Link #217
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

*le gasp* HE'S POSTING AS HE'S WATCHING

*claps for OkamiNoKaze's perseverance and incredible patience and updating skills*
Old 2010-04-06, 05:40   Link #218
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
*le gasp* HE'S POSTING AS HE'S WATCHING

*claps for OkamiNoKaze's perseverance and incredible patience and updating skills*
I am as shocked as I couldn't stop watching clannad just to post about the episode I watched so late, and ussually ended up watching 3~5 episodes in a row.
MAL
Old 2010-04-09, 21:50   Link #219
OkamiNoKaze

I only have the time to watch about 2 episodes a day.