AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-11, 00:47   Link #121
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Lol....this is different. though the romance in Tarzan definitely felt weird to me

However, if we explore (I can't believe I'm doing this, really) why bestiality is perceived as wrong, we may solve this...

Like pedophilia, bestiality is perceived as abuse, because the 'victim' isn't on the same level as you. With kids, it's taking advantage of their naivete and vulnerability...but with animals, it's taking advantage of their lower intelligence as well as their vulnerability, plus the inability to cope with emotion that comes with the consequences.

So........if we differentiate the case with a 'victim' that IS on the same level as a human, emotionally and mentally....well.....

....that kind of.........eliminates most of the problem....
Would it still be weird? On a visual and phsyical level, yeah....but I don't know if 'morally wrong' could still apply. He has a human heart and mind, after all....
Honestly, this is one of the stranger conversations I've seen that was actually relevant to the anime.

Somehow I think that the bigger issue lies in the smaller dog. Somehow I suspect his size makes such an attempt rather pointless. Why the heck am I talking about this anyhow?
Quote:
.........on another note, does anyone else find the OP insufferably stupid?
STOP WITH THE 'WAN WAN' thing! You are sullying what could be a good song! And Kirihime dancing with dog ears feels painfully out of character. I know it's fanservice but still!
It's dumb.
I'm assuming that the full version of the song will feature more real singing as opposed to the party-esque rapid pop thing they've got going on with the background "wan wan wan!" periodically. I guess they wanted to cut it like that so they could make the characters dance and do cool stuff.
Old 2013-07-11, 00:52   Link #122
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Somehow I think that the bigger issue lies in the smaller dog. Somehow I suspect his size makes such an attempt rather pointless. Why the heck am I talking about this anyhow?
LMAO my brain....

I wasn't even thinking about THAT issue....haha am I innocent or what?
Old 2013-07-11, 01:54   Link #123
SQA

Quote:
LMAO my brain....

I wasn't even thinking about THAT issue....haha am I innocent or what?
Don't have to be innocent, just properly "normal" and capable of saying "Why are you even contemplating that thought?".

This is why it's best in life to not work out the logic of situations that shouldn't be allowed in the first place.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 02:12   Link #124
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
You are sullying what could be a good song! And Kirihime dancing with dog ears feels painfully out of character. I know it's fanservice but still!
It's dumb.
I thought it's kind of cute. The inu-mimi(dog ears) is a mild one, Japan has already developed the mind-controlled tails that rotate according to the mood

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/09/3...-on-your-mood/

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 02:23   Link #125
ellessarr
Banned

i was thinking about all that polemic about bestiality and if in a crazy and tragic ending, she ending dying saving his life but also ending reincarnating in a female dog body O.o ??, then their can live both as dogs happy :P
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 02:36   Link #126
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
i was thinking about all that polemic about bestiality and if in a crazy and tragic ending, she ending dying saving his life but also ending reincarnating in a female dog body O.o ??, then their can live both as dogs happy :P
It's not good. It strongly reminded me of 101 Dalmations May be finally MC finished reading a book, the ambient light hit him and get the human body once again just like Disney cartoons. That's better.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 02:40   Link #127
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
And he'll still go "eh, I like books better".
Old 2013-07-11, 03:04   Link #128
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
And he'll still go "eh, I like books better".
Maybe he'll get lucky.

Maybe she'll die and turn into a living version of her "Lust" novel. The only completed copy. He can peruse every inch of her!
Old 2013-07-11, 03:47   Link #129
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Maybe he'll get lucky.

Maybe she'll die and turn into a living version of her "Lust" novel. The only completed copy. He can peruse every inch of her!
That thought is so very, very wrong.

And probably the only way he's going to bang her. Haha.
Old 2013-07-11, 07:35   Link #130
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The second episode somehow managed to be even worse than the first. Dropped. I have other stuff to watch.
Not quite willing to drop it just yet... but I agree, this episode was bad. Very, very bad. Guess I'm just waiting to see if the side characters will be able to save the show...since a maniac girl with scissors who wants to take it from a dog is making it hard to enjoy the show
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 10:08   Link #131
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
I thought it's kind of cute. The inu-mimi(dog ears) is a mild one, Japan has already developed the mind-controlled tails that rotate according to the mood

It's cute if it fits with the character's personality....but I don't like it on Kirihime.
Old 2013-07-11, 11:10   Link #132
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post

There is something similar with cat ears :P

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 20:47   Link #133
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
There is something similar with cat ears :P
Yup, they were $100 at the anime conventions last year.
Old 2013-07-12, 07:26   Link #134
Mentar
Banned

The whole pseudo-drama felt so much "out of character"(at least, my expectation of what her character would be), and I just didn't consider the repetitive "he's executing the fighting moves out of her book" so terribly funny (or funny at all)... in other words, this episode reduced my hopes after episode 1 by a significant margin.

I'll give it 1 more ep to find its stride, but... this episode was really really bad imho.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 10:41   Link #135
Chiibi

Yeah....I don't think I'm gonna download it anymore...but I'll follow a stream.
I've got too many anime on my hardrive as it is...and they're all better than this one.
Old 2013-07-12, 21:31   Link #136
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Yeah....I don't think I'm gonna download it anymore...but I'll follow a stream.
I've got too many anime on my hardrive as it is...and they're all better than this one.
This statement would be a funny and ironic chat in the show.
Seriously, the staffs would appreciate you not downloading it at all. It's authors wish they get paid for their work. They are happy that readers find their books in the library, but the income is another matter. The anime studio would be the same. They use TV broadcast to promote their shows. They don't even consider the foreign audience as their market. Just a thought.

It's surprising the anime's trivial dirty joke would get a big reaction. It would be fine if they do shape shifting.

Back to the topic, the joke is playing on a crazy girl. The guy inu doesn't fall for it. She is the author of 6 sins(including murder and yaoi and superficial martial art).

Still finding the show's mutual teases interesting....but they have to work harder to make a good show.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 22:13   Link #137
Anime Online

I find it quite odd Kazuhito just accepts his predicament of becoming a dog so easily. All he was concerned about while stuck in the pet shop was the lack of books to read. At the very least, it would have made more sense if he actually enjoyed the new situation and had something to look forward to.

I'm not even sure how a dog is able to take books from shelves and turn the pages. We humans are so used to opposable thumbs that allow us to grasp and handle objects (try it, try doing your daily tasks without using your thumbs and see how difficult that is). It would certainly take some getting used to in the body of a dog. The five senses are all mixed up. Dogs have a much heightened sense of hearing and smell, though they are not able to perceive the entire color spectrum humans do. That has to be really confusing for a human changed into a dog.

It seems the anime just go ahead without considering how Kazuhito adjusts to a new body and a new life. The anime just treats him like a human. The dog appearance is just an illusion. He could have been anything and the anime would be no different. A talking chair. A walking teapot.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 02:15   Link #138
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
You know, the first episode had me going like: "I'm very afraid that a dog is going to be my favourite main character of the season... and I don't like dogs at all."

Also I had issues trying to identify Kirihime's character. At first I thought she's just a plain sadist + ice queen + tsundere kind of character, but I think I can somehow omit the "tsundere" part, and she melted quite quickly and showed she isn't so ice-cold at all on the second episode. Got to wait for the third episode and beyond I guess.

Imouto is giving some sort of a "watch out for this one" vibe, but her appearance was anything but brief. Again, impressions will have to go on the next episodes.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 10:51   Link #139
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
This statement would be a funny and ironic chat in the show.
Seriously, the staffs would appreciate you not downloading it at all. It's authors wish they get paid for their work. They are happy that readers find their books in the library, but the income is another matter.
I mean, I don't like it enough to own a copy of it. Don't get me wrong: I plan to buy all the new anime I really like this year.

.........I will find room in my house.

.......somewhere......... I think I've probably bought 80% of stuff I've first seen fansubbed. No joke.

Quote:
You know, the first episode had me going like: "I'm very afraid that a dog is going to be my favourite main character of the season... and I don't like dogs at all."
How can you not like dogs!? They're sooooo sweet. They just love you so much-you don't even have to use food to get their love!
which is more than what I can say for cats.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:12   Link #140
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
How can you not like dogs!? They're sooooo sweet. They just love you so much-you don't even have to use food to get their love!
which is more than what I can say for cats.
It's personal (though never got physical, thankfully), and medical, and to further make it worse there exists a culture barrier. I won't go into details about it since this is not the place to go about it in full detail.

But as a character, Kazuhito is nice in my books, and is going up.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem