AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-07, 05:52   Link #2081
Seska

Someone knows the new "Cresent Love" Anime? With this Moon Princess and Earth?. they used in the introduction some Sound we all know, for the Fight sequenze . Its common there to use soundsamples from other productions?

Mfg,
Seska

(ok. its the soundsample when the Simouns flys nearby.. these "Zoom" effekt)
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 15:09   Link #2082
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Seska: I thought I heard that. But I just thought it might be a sound common in such scenes -- which I'm not too familiar with -- and used in both. Of course, as physically unlikely as the sound might have been in Simoun, it is totally impossible in outer space.

Except for the sounds of the simouns -- which were more emotionally effective than physically correct -- I actually thought the sound director of Simoun had some trouble with sound effects. Him being a former seiyuu, I think his forte was getting those wonderful performances from the VAs.

I still enjoyed the first episode of Yoake-mae yori Ruri-iro na Crescent Love, which seems to be a cute little game-conversion romantic comedy with Nabatame Hitomi doing a great job as a rather commanding but romantic moon princess (next in line to the throne) on a homestay with the hero, whose elder female cousin is chief of staff to the president of Earth. The hero's habit of pinching the noses of girls he has a feeling of family closeness with was fairly arresting. Simoun it ain't, lol.

The best animation I've seen so far this season, by the way -- maybe equal to Kanon -- is in Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto, a late-Edo fighting, politics, and magic show. It was amazing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 15:28   Link #2083
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo

PS2 Game Scans
Hope that the S-RPG will rocks
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 15:44   Link #2084
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
PS2 Game Scans
Hope that the S-RPG will rocks
Presumably, the actual game will actually identify Floe and Rodoreamon correctly. :-)

...and is that Amuria's face in the background? Interesting. I wonder if the game is meant to shed any light on that particular mystery.
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 16:22   Link #2085
Mizkyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan View Post
...and is that Amuria's face in the background? Interesting. I wonder if the game is meant to shed any light on that particular mystery.
It might not be... it could be that blonde girl on the third page of the scan?
Mizkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 16:38   Link #2086
Seska

i can only hope for the good, that they planed to bring a US version out. Cause i cant read Nippon.

And i like this games. im actually playing Disgea 2.

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-10-07, 17:11   Link #2087
Simon
気持ち悪い

Hurrah, more character names to puzzle over! My take from the third scan, reading right-left top-bottom:

エレノア Erenoa
サイルサンドラ Sairusandora (her bio mentions ロサリンド Rosalind)
クリサリス Krisaris
キャンディス Candice
ギリー Girii
レイユイ Reiyui
アーシュラ Aashura (far left)

Looks like only Sairusandora and Aashura count as main characters though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizkyu View Post
It might not be... it could be that blonde girl on the third page of the scan?
Yeah, I'm pretty certain that's Sairusandora. Looks like she's going to play a significant role in the game - she's also in the background of the promo poster (613KB).

EDIT: The Amuria parallels are strong, though: hairstyle, ghostly hovering in the background, and voiced by Kitamura Eri. Coincidence?

Last edited by Simon; 2006-10-07 at 17:24.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 18:43   Link #2088
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo

Chrysalis

Elenoa

Cyassodes (Good! More Beautiful whereas Floe is FAT )

Reiyui

Jilii

Sairusasodora (The Most Interesting Character)

Aashiura
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 19:47   Link #2089
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Those are interesting outfits that the new characters are wearing. The two circular ornaments could *almost* make them sibyllae, but their outfits look very different from the Simulacran sibylla uniform. And there are at least three pairs of them. Could they be from a different country? Could they be from a different time?

Whatever happens is going to happen after Rodore cuts her hair but before Alti and Kaimu find the base ship, and it can't change the outcome of the war or leave Chor Tempest knowing information that they hadn't learned by that point. And there's something about a "sealed" Ri Maajon. Interesting....
Old 2006-10-07, 23:34   Link #2090
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Whatever happens is going to happen after Rodore cuts her hair but before Alti and Kaimu find the base ship, and it can't change the outcome of the war or leave Chor Tempest knowing information that they hadn't learned by that point. And there's something about a "sealed" Ri Maajon. Interesting....
It's also possible that the game's story will have nothing to do with the anime
Maybe it'll be like Higurashi with different (but similar) events in the same setting.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 14:42   Link #2091
Conri

I have a favor to ask anyone who wants to see Simoun licensed... Please drop Geneon Entertainment a message saying so! While it might not help, it surely won't hurt. I'm positive the Marimite vs. Simoun Geneon license was a rumor because I can't even find it again, but they are definitely one of the most likely (and one of the best) companies that could license Simoun. They're also the most likely to include something like the eyecatch postcards.

Game: I'm a bit skeptical of the new characters (Didn't they already have enough?), but I am looking forward to hearing about the storyline. I'm sure it is AU esp. with the new faces, as that is how all facets of this series have played out. Though, I'm hoping the drama CD is closest to the anime universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Wow... sorry for the random tangent there
I don't think it's that random! Look at the ending...what has changed? Life moves on, so everything has changed (individual). But then, nothing has changed (world). The characters have grown up, they are no longer a group of children who didn't quite comprehend the gravity of the war they were fighting. The political, religious, military leaders are just as hard-headed and greedy, and the people will suffer. Now the children are adults preparing for another war with adult eyes: more realistic, more jaded. Rodoreamon fighting the political front, Paraietta caring for the casualties (orphaned children). Vyuraf and Floef might die. However, they can always look up into the sky and remember Aaeru and Neviril. Doesn't sound like much? It's more than a lot of people have. It's kind of a beautiful spirituality.

I hope that made sense to someone.

On a personal level, you sound a bit like me. I am struggling to find/apply my passions in this world, because I've learned that I don't survive very well otherwise... I'm too ADD, too easily bored. I've been fighting depression and anxiety for most of my life. Even though I try my best at work, it always eventually starts to show as it wears me down. But then, most people are like that when they are unhappy with their work/school.

I wanna fly a Simoun too! Can I be auriga?
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 15:13   Link #2092
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri View Post
I wanna fly a Simoun too! Can I be auriga?
Depends. Have you picked a sex yet? :-)
Old 2006-10-08, 15:17   Link #2093
fignae
floofer. floof.

Quote:
Depends. Have you picked a sex yet? :-)
That is evil, Futaba-chan.

Thanks for sharing your stories, FPB and Conri. As another floating idealist, I feel your pain most keenly. Even though they say speculative fiction isn't just escapism, it does allow us to dream for a while. Better yet when titles like this drop us gently into real life afterwards.
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 22:01   Link #2094
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Some miscellaneous spoilers from AS's blog...
She is hilarious.

Spoiler:
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 02:11   Link #2095
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by warainagara View Post
Some miscellaneous spoilers from AS's blog...
She is hilarious.

Spoiler:
Hehe, some fanservice for the girls . Not only the boys, can have the fun

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-10-09, 05:14   Link #2096
fignae
floofer. floof.

Spoiler for spoiler tag! yeargh! when are they going away?:
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 15:13   Link #2097
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Simoun secret cast

Thanks to fignae's reminder, I have finally updated the English version of the Simoun Secret Cast pages to include episode 26. When I look back over the 26 episodes, it is remarkable to see the range that these seiyuu have shown. Just looking at my avatar and thinking "that's the person who does the voice of Guraghief" is fairly remarkable. (NOTE: FTP server temporarily down. Will upload update when it comes back.)

As fignae said (inside the spoiler for ep26), the two men by the lake...
Spoiler for ep26:
The director's refusal to use those names perhaps somewhat contradicts the idea that the story is to any great extent "made up as they went along."

Having spent the past week in a mad scramble to keep up with most of the new shows, what a wonderful moment it was to open up the last episode of Simoun and feel the rush of those emotions again.

And by the way, thank you so much, FPB, for your "random tangent." Yet another proof of the greatness of this show. My own tangent: there is a book called "Work as a Spiritual Practice" and another in a similar vein called "Reclaiming Higher Ground." Perhaps work can be a sky in which to draw Ri Maajons.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-10-09, 17:44   Link #2098
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
And by the way, thank you so much, FPB, for your "random tangent." Yet another proof of the greatness of this show.
Or, alternatively, yet another proof of the fans' own internal creativity at work?

BTW, while I'm not at a point yet where I could rework my entire thing about why I didn't like Simoun much, there's one point I'd like to make.

Quote:
But we built on a rich foundation that really was there, and that people who were put off by the surface of the piece were unable to see.
You've said similar things a number of times now, but I don't think it's very fair to those who don't have as high an opinion of the show as you do if you assume that they're "unable to see" something. Perhaps they saw it alright and simply took a different view? I mean obviously if we just go and treat "Simoun is great" as an axiom, we can arrive at the convenient conclusion that everyone (or at least everyone intelligent) who fails to see that must have failed because of some (surface level) obstacles. Which may or may not actually be the case.
yononaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:16   Link #2099
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Well, at least my emotional ramblings were well-recieved
Could you expand on your "work could be the sky in which to draw Ri Maajons" statement, Kaoru? Not sure I got what you meant.

Spoiler:

@Yononaka:
Despite my gushing fanboyism over Simoun, I'm not blind to its faults (the plot, for one). It's a character study more than anything, and it's certainly a well-done show for what it is. Also, I think that if you don't relate to Simoun on a personal level, you'll miss out on most of what makes it so enjoyable. It's not that you're not intelligent or that you don't 'get it;' different people relate to different things and on different levels.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:31   Link #2100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Or, alternatively, yet another proof of the fans' own internal creativity at work? BTW, while I'm not at a point yet where I could rework my entire thing about why I didn't like Simoun much, there's one point I'd like to make. You've said similar things a number of times now, but I don't think it's very fair to those who don't have as high an opinion of the show as you do if you assume that they're "unable to see" something. Perhaps they saw it alright and simply took a different view? I mean obviously if we just go and treat "Simoun is great" as an axiom, we can arrive at the convenient conclusion that everyone (or at least everyone intelligent) who fails to see that must have failed because of some (surface level) obstacles. Which may or may not actually be the case.
I do apologize for any offense given. Perhaps I should stop saying such things. But I am afraid that it is what I believe. It's not an assumption, it's an observation. I think the stuff is there. You don't. Fair enough. I'm just expressing my opinion.

And nothing you have said has convinced me to change it. How can I not see it as a failure of your perception if I believe something is there that you believe is not? You are certainly free to see my failures, and you have mentioned some before. I haven't made a point of going to the SP thread to express these things, I'm just here preaching to the choir, so to speak.

For many reasons I think this is a great show: the setting; the characters; the relationships; the way things are expressed, both verbally and visually; the music; the voice-acting; the organization of the script, the way it climaxes in the middle (like Act Three) and has a long denouement culminating in a tragic, I suppose you would say, conclusion that is open-ended and connects with real life.

The general indifference or hostility to Simoun therefore baffles me, so I look for explanations. I don't expect people who like action shows or moe shows to rush to this title, but I really do expect people who like Honey and Clover, for example, to appreciate it. That they don't requires an explanation, and the look, language, and odd social context are the only ones I have been able to come up with. That I am completely mistaken and just inventing everything in a rush of enthusiasm is certainly a logical possibility, but one that I have looked at and rejected, lol.

But it's not such an insulting comment, really. There are many types of shows that I just can't see clearly, like shows involving mecha or monsters or lots of fighting. Certain of them apparently do have a rich core, but the surface puts me off so much that I can't see what's beneath it. That observation of my own experience is what led me to think the inability of others to see what I do in Simoun may have a similar basis.

I do think your comment about my comment regarding what another poster said was actually unfair. I was commenting on how he related the ideas in the show to important parts of his own life. It is a fact that he did that. It elevated my opinion of him that he was willing to say what he did, and able to say it so well. And it elevated my opinion of the show that it could inspire him to do it.

Anyway, welcome. I always enjoy your making us think.

NOTE: I've finally managed to update the Secret Cast pages.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-10-09 at 22:54.

Tags
drama, science fiction, yuri