AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-11, 23:48   Link #241
Ardee

The three latest music CDs just arrived - to my surprise, they came in a 4x7x24 inch box, sort of an odd form factor for three CDs, but it turns out CDJapan threw in a free poster of the Vol 4 art on one side and Vol 5 on the other. Nice of them.

Of the new CDs, the Saikyo Pare Parade (new radio themes) probably has the best songs; I like the new opening with its four key changes in four measures :-)

The character singles will take a few more listens to rate well. Meanwhile, as I mentioned a while back, all these versions of Hare Hare Yukai based on the same instrumental track allow some funny tricks with combining those tracks. For instance, for those of you with a 5.1-speaker PC setup, here's a 10-second WMA Professional clip where each channel has different character singing (almost) a-capella.

Edit: Hahahahaha... ok, it only took me a day of listening to Saikyo Pare Parade to get the joke clued by the Morse key that opens it: The basic rhythym of the piece, started by the first line of singing, is . . . - - - . . . or "SOS" :-)

Last edited by Ardee; 2006-12-12 at 21:08.
Old 2006-12-14, 17:31   Link #242
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
The Suzumiya Haruhi Character CDs onslaught continues.

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 キャラクターソング Vol.6 キョンの妹 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Character Song Vol. 6 Kyon no Imouto (Kyon's Sister), voiced by Aoki Sayaka

Release Date: Jan 24, 2007
Title: TBA
Source: http://www.animate-shop.jp/webshop70...0/cmc/4054967/

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 キャラクターソング Vol.7 喜緑江美里 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Character Song Vol. 7 Kimidori Emiri, voiced by Shiratori Yuri

Release Date: Jan 24, 2007
Title: TBA
Source: http://www.animate-shop.jp/webshop70...0/cmc/4054968/

kool even more character song CD's....but someone try to refresh my memory...whose Kimidori Emiri again??
is she the person who went to the S.O.S because of her missing boyfriend??
but i wonder how Kyon's CD will sound like....especially for Kyon's little sister....man, this show has really gotten popular if they are releasing this much character song CD's....
Old 2006-12-14, 18:14   Link #243
hirone
SOS ni Youkoso!?

mmm... Itsuki chara-cd anyone? XD
Old 2006-12-15, 19:29   Link #244
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Haven't posted here for a while, just some stuff I'd like to say before I sleep.

Ryoko's character songs are brilliant, beautiful and outstanding.

Who could have thought that Hare Hare Yukai could sound so negative, malicious and evil.

Koyubi de Gyutsu!, postive, beautiful but when you remember its Ryoko who's singing, you start thinking whether its sarcasm, great acting or does she actually feel that way?

Cool Edition, the song portrays the other side of Ryoko perfectly. Its my favourite character song now, beating Toki no Puzzle and Yuki, Muon Madobe nite. Its the type of song that increases your pulse, causes vasodilation, perks your senses and you find yourself still shivering from excitement after Ryoko says 'jaa ne'.

Tsuruya's songs are great as well, positive, upbeat and definitely has her character all over them.

Oh and the radio songs, especially Saikyo Pare Parade, gives me a really strong, euphoric reaction. It cures headaches, dizzy spells, lethargy, depression and maybe even cough and flu. I feel refreshed, energetic after listening to the song.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-12-17, 07:05   Link #245
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

i think that Asakura's Character is pretty good and that "COOL EDITION" does actually sound better than Yuki's "Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite"!!

even Tsuruya san has good tracks also, i especially like the track "Seishuni Janai Katsu"...very upbeat and has a happy sound to it...

Asakura's other track about her other self is also enjoyable and so does Tsuruya's other track.....but i really like the way how they changed both their versions of "hare hare yukai" for both Tsuruya san and Asakura's CD....very creative....but i wonder what they are saying though...

i like the way how Tsuruya san sings...sounds like she has a certain accent or something...but i find it cute!!

as for the new S.O.S Radio themes, they're pretty good also...i like the "saikyou pare parade" song.....very upbeat....and enjoyable!!

I think all in all, they are doing a good job with these Character CD volumes...can't wait how Kyon's and Kyon's little sister character CD's will sound like....but other than that, nice job with the CD's!!!!
Old 2006-12-18, 07:42   Link #246
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wow the "Tsuruya" and "Asakura" albums wernt that bad

best song out of the two singles has to be "COOL EDITION" i just love the "narrating" bits like the one in yuki's single :3 the best part is when asakura says "now...die" <------ her voice just melts me to death

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-20, 09:49   Link #247
eggplant
Eggplant

Haha, looks like someone hit the nail on the head

http://www.towerrecords.co.jp/sitema...DS_SORT_CD=101
涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 キャラクターソング Vol.8 古泉一樹
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Character Song Vol. 8 Koizumi Itsuki (Ono Daisuke)

http://www.towerrecords.co.jp/sitema...DS_SORT_CD=101
涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 キャラクターソング Vol.9 キョン
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu Character Song Vol. 9 Kyon (Sugita Tomokazu)

Release date: Feb 21, 2007

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-12-20, 10:23   Link #248
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

haha! imagine kyon and itsuki singing Hare Hare Yukai plz plz make them sing it!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-12-20, 14:33   Link #249
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Wow For Real? Kyon Kyon But i really wait for Kyon Sister Character Song
Old 2006-12-20, 15:03   Link #250
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I've been waiting to hear from Kyon since the first album. O this is gonna be good...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-12-20, 16:31   Link #251
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Well, I lost my last bet, but I'm still putting down $5 that one of Kyon's songs will begin with something to the effect of: "Do I seriously have to do this, Haruhi?"
Old 2006-12-20, 16:37   Link #252
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

haha well i can just imagine the intro to one of the songs similar to that i raise you by $5!

Old 2006-12-23, 05:20   Link #253
depthcharge101

hm this is weird, but it seems that haruhi's animation OST are really rare to find, and noone seems to know anything about it. I am talking about the anime soundtrack, not character singles, not op/ed singles, not the god knows album, not the SOS dan radio cd. In any case I downloaded the ost from a site, and it turns out there are 5 cds of it. Some of the track listing gets repeated so I was curious and tried to google to get a complete track list of the soundtrack but all I can find are all the singles and sos dan radio cd.... it would be good if anyone knows any site that lists all the tracks of the anime OST.
Old 2006-12-23, 13:16   Link #254
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by depthcharge101 View Post
hm this is weird, but it seems that haruhi's animation OST are really rare to find, and noone seems to know anything about it. I am talking about the anime soundtrack, not character singles, not op/ed singles, not the god knows album, not the SOS dan radio cd. In any case [...] it turns out there are 5 cds of it. Some of the track listing gets repeated so I was curious and tried to google to get a complete track list of the soundtrack but all I can find are all the singles and sos dan radio cd.... it would be good if anyone knows any site that lists all the tracks of the anime OST.
Well, that's because the soundtrack comes with the Limited Edition DVDs in Japan, and is not sold seperately. Just as there are 8 DVDs, there will be 8 soundtrack CDs when all is said and done (the 7th was just released the other day). The soundtrack CDs also contain ~25-minute radio show segments (the last 4 to 6 tracks of each disc), so that probably explains the identical track listings you saw.
Old 2006-12-24, 05:33   Link #255
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

The best live-action of Haruhi that I have ever seen... . Gotta say the overall performance is much better than the Bandai version.

http://vip.ahcomic.com/sos/mov/godkn...ara%20ver).avi
(123MB avi file)

Here's their official site. (Chinese)
http://www.acera.cn/
Old 2006-12-24, 16:17   Link #256
lazydude

um can someone post lyrics for Cool Edition? ^^;;
Old 2006-12-28, 19:25   Link #257
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydude View Post
um can someone post lyrics for Cool Edition? ^^;;
COOL EDITION
Spoiler:
I wanted to add in Ryouko's lines and other supporting bits(e.g. breakin' noro noro breakin'), but then I felt lazy and decided to romanise just the lyrics straight from the booklet .

Last edited by C.A.; 2006-12-30 at 09:30.
Old 2006-12-30, 09:06   Link #258
HeartNana

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Haven't posted here for a while, just some stuff I'd like to say before I sleep.

Ryoko's character songs are brilliant, beautiful and outstanding.

Who could have thought that Hare Hare Yukai could sound so negative, malicious and evil.

Koyubi de Gyutsu!, postive, beautiful but when you remember its Ryoko who's singing, you start thinking whether its sarcasm, great acting or does she actually feel that way?

Cool Edition, the song portrays the other side of Ryoko perfectly. Its my favourite character song now, beating Toki no Puzzle and Yuki, Muon Madobe nite. Its the type of song that increases your pulse, causes vasodilation, perks your senses and you find yourself still shivering from excitement after Ryoko says 'jaa ne'.
Wow, i feel pretty much the same way about Ryoko's CD. I think i still like Haruhi's Parallel Days the best, but Ryoko's CD is outstanding.

Koyubi de Gyuu! is yeah, a cute positive song. I think the way it looks is that the cd starts off with the cute positive image that Ryoko is given at the beginning of the series. She's the "pretty girl" with a positive attitude and the "idol" singing about things like how she wants both you and me to hold each other and how she can hear everyone saying "good morning" and all that cute sunshiney stuff.
Then we get to the middle of the CD with COOL EDITION which starts to get into the REAL Ryoko as opposed to the image she was giving (which was what the first song i imagine is) talking about how things like her meaning isnt her own, and how she wants to go out with a last waltz. Lyrics aside, the song isn't dark, but it takes a more serious tone to it than koyubi. (btw for the lyrics, its mokuteki, not mokudeki. Mokuteki = purpose)

And then Ryokos version of Hare Hare Yukai is fantastic too. First off, i think its sung really well, but the slight changes in lyrics makes a huge difference to the tone of the song. Its still the same upbeat melody but with a completely different meaning. Its awesome.

I havent bought Tsuraya's yet (waiting till i see it for cheap)
Old 2006-12-30, 09:42   Link #259
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Ah, thanks for spotting the error

What does endo teroppu mean? The only thing I can make out is 'end telop', am I correct?

Definition for telop: (orig) television opaque projector (telop), used for subtitles and captions, now used for the subtitles and captions themselves

Which means, 'endo teroppu ni namae sae noranai' = (my) Name does not even appear in the ending subtitles(credits?).

It makes sense to me but still I'm not sure lol

Ryouko's Hare Hare Yukai is just hilarious, for being so cleverly rewritten. Its a dark, sunny song.

Old 2006-12-30, 12:26   Link #260
HeartNana

Your guess is as good as mine for the endo teroppu. What you said makes sense and since the line before is the "jibun no imi wa jibun jyanakutemo All Right", it makes sense for the verse with how she's getting screwed over.
Closed Thread