AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-24, 10:43   Link #32021
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 View Post
Compare to those MG kits you have mentioned, V2 Gundam is totally different from V Gundam both design and transformation.
He never watched V Gundam. He's just spouting BS. You and I and the rest on this forum know that the V and the V2 can't possibly use the same frame. Maybe some small parts, but frame needs ti be different
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 12:09   Link #32022
RX93-2
White Unicorn

I am starting to think he is just a very elaborate form of performance art.

To keep this post slightly on-topic I'd probably buy a GX Maoh, but my heart this year is all about MG turn X
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 12:10   Link #32023
Knight-of-Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Difference? You need to learn to be more careful with how you read things.

1. Most of the Seed MGs are disappointments. The ones from MG Aile Strike RM, Aegis, Buster, Duel Assault Shroud, Blitz, Strike Ootori. Those are the good ones. I dislike the older ones which is why I think they should 'remaster' them.

2. The Wing kits suck. The MG Wing EW line is what I really like, minus the Wing EW which needs a remastering and the Wing Zero Custom which needs a remastering.

When I said that they would reuse the V Gundam's frame for the V2, I am implying that Bandai loves to reuse when it'd be ideal for them to remold or at least change up here and there.

Don't make accusations.
I dont need to learn to read things.
You clearly said "Yea and watch Bandai disappoint by reusing the older MG V Gundam's frame.". So you implied that re-using frames is a disappointing thing. Yet that is exactly what the new Seed MGs do and what the Wing EW kits do. You even mentioned (many annoying times) that you want bandai to make a ZGMF frame so they could re-use it.

You only ever think old=bad. You dont know anything about quality of the engineering. You are just a delusional fool that cannot create a consistent train of thought.
You say HGs are a waste of time yet you previously mentioned ordering almost every HG00 kit in a big order from gundam planet.
You said you bought more SDs recently despite the fact that you already did that before.
Stop spouting so much BS all the time. Nobody likes it.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 12:24   Link #32024
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
I dont need to learn to read things.
You clearly said "Yea and watch Bandai disappoint by reusing the older MG V Gundam's frame.". So you implied that re-using frames is a disappointing thing. Yet that is exactly what the new Seed MGs do and what the Wing EW kits do. You even mentioned (many annoying times) that you want bandai to make a ZGMF frame so they could re-use it.

You only ever think old=bad. You dont know anything about quality of the engineering. You are just a delusional fool that cannot create a consistent train of thought.
You say HGs are a waste of time yet you previously mentioned ordering almost every HG00 kit in a big order from gundam planet.
You said you bought more SDs recently despite the fact that you already did that before.
Stop spouting so much BS all the time. Nobody likes it.
MG Exia R2 is also re-using an older frame. By his "logic" this is dissapointing as well
Old 2013-11-24, 12:31   Link #32025
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
MG Exia R2 is also re-using an older frame. By his "logic" this is dissapointing as well
It is disappointing since I thought they would at least give the finger swapping hands, but because something is disappointing doesn't mean I wouldn't buy it; especially if it's something I really want.

And EVERYONE knows how much I've been wanting a MG Exia R2.

Same applies to like (for example) MG Freedom. I would buy it, but what's stopping me is the potential for an RM Ver. considering that:

a. it's a popular design
b. Bandai has been doing them
Selling some GunPla again..

HG Age-2 Normal SP Ver.
eBay Item Number: 141124548117

HG Legilis Memory of Eden Ver.
eBay Item Number: 141124549548

Just wanted to ask if these were fair.

Last edited by suiton629; 2013-11-24 at 13:36.
suiton629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 15:46   Link #32026
Knight-of-Gold

Nope, not fair prices at all.
Nobody wants to pay such high prices for a HG kit regardless if its limited edition. They would rather paint a normal one than throw away money.
It would be cheaper to buy 2 HGs, spray paints and some nice hobby supplies than one of your kits.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 15:52   Link #32027
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Nope, not fair prices at all.
Nobody wants to pay such high prices for a HG kit regardless if its limited edition. They would rather paint a normal one than throw away money.
It would be cheaper to buy 2 HGs, spray paints and some nice hobby supplies than one of your kits.
Well I think they're fairly priced for how rare they are and compared to the other seller on eBay that is charging more and also charging shipping.

So they'd get charged more money and wait longer as opposed to if you bought from my listing.

Regardless, I gave people the option to message me an offer if they waned to buy it.
Old 2013-11-24, 16:14   Link #32028
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Well I think they're fairly priced for how rare they are and compared to the other seller on eBay that is charging more and also charging shipping.

So they'd get charged more money and wait longer as opposed to if you bought from my listing.

Regardless, I gave people the option to message me an offer if they waned to buy it.
If you think they are fairly priced, why even ask for an opinion if you disregard them anyway?
Old 2013-11-24, 18:23   Link #32029
Skye629

Quote:
Exceptions to the rule; especially since how niche of a fanbase they both have. What you're listing out is mainstream series.

Wing EW, Unicorn, Age (sort of?), Seed HD, Seed Destiny HD, 00 (apparently with RG Exia and MG Exia R2), Build Fighter, Thunderbolt, and Origins.

I think those are the current 'relevant' series.

That too. Problem is that most companies large enough to have 'upper management' is filled up with old farts that like to do things traditionally and follow traditional business decisions.
Quote:
I think the 'All Gundam Project' refers to releasing or re-releasing lead suits in HG. I'd rather spend the extra money and get a few MGs and few RGs (some SDs here and there), than just buy a crap ton of HGs.

And grunt suits.. I expect a few regular releases and a lot of online exclusives. Bandai seems to love online exclusives these days.

Not like they haven't done it before...

HG 1/144 Aile Strike Gundam HD Remaster (Release Date: Nov 2011, Price: ¥1,200)

HG 1/144 Aile Strike Gundam (Release Date: Feb 2014, Price: ¥1,365)

Yea. They'll do it.
Quote:
Everything in life has risk. Just be careful and take your time with all GunPla.
Quote:
1. All true. But again, I'd rather spend money on 1 MG (for example) than multiple HGs, and take my time building it.

2. In other words, the 'remaster' is just a recoloring with parts for the Action Base. Now that 'new' HG Aile Strike that is an actual new mold is the biggest slap across HG Seed fans.

Silly. In that case, I would always suggest you get the MG Aile Strike RM Ver. over the other. Sure a little more expensive but worth it.
It's like saying you'd rather eat generic pain relief medication that is cheaper than like Advil or Tylenol, but 'worth the price' since you can buy more of it at a lesser price. Maybe not as effective, but 'decent' enough to get the job 'decently' done.
Quote:
Difference? You need to learn to be more careful with how you read things.

1. Most of the Seed MGs are disappointments. The ones from MG Aile Strike RM, Aegis, Buster, Duel Assault Shroud, Blitz, Strike Ootori. Those are the good ones. I dislike the older ones which is why I think they should 'remaster' them.

2. The Wing kits suck. The MG Wing EW line is what I really like, minus the Wing EW which needs a remastering and the Wing Zero Custom which needs a remastering.

When I said that they would reuse the V Gundam's frame for the V2, I am implying that Bandai loves to reuse when it'd be ideal for them to remold or at least change up here and there.

Don't make accusations.
Quote:

Someone give me an estimate on how much brain cells I lost just now, especially on the comparison to pain medicine

Suiton, NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER compare medicine and health to a hobby, people will ALWAYS pay more to keep themselves healthy

A better comparison would be getting a cheap car that gets the job done for its price, or you can pay higher for a nice sport car that gets the same job done, but its way nicer

See how EASY it is to come up with a effective comparison?

And Bandai, gimme my MG Gundam Mk.V!!! (thats at least 3 suits with that frame)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 20:35   Link #32030
Blazer-X

Don't want to go too off-topic here, but just want to point this out (because it urks me as someone in the health industry): The comparison to medicine is not only bad because people need it. It is also very inaccurate. Generics are ALMOST ALWAYS as effective as the brand name. Their low cost isn't because generic manufacturers "added less useful things to make them cheaper". Their low cost is because generic manufacturers don't need to waste millions of dollar on decades of research. They just copy what the brand already have. Just want to get bit that cleared up.

*ahem*

But yeah, Suiton. Go ahead and buy all your online exclusives and expensive Bandai kits. After all, without "hardcore" fans like yourself, how else could Bandai fund so many exclusives?
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-24, 21:25   Link #32031
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ True that

Also, I think I'll refrain from Buying Build Strike. The short talk with Obelisk yesterday, and finishing Destiny today made me understood the reason why old SEED Kits are considered terrible in proportion. (even if they have nice details)

On the other hand, that means more money for tons of booster
Old 2013-11-24, 21:41   Link #32032
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
^ True that

Also, I think I'll refrain from Buying Build Strike. The short talk with Obelisk yesterday, and finishing Destiny today made me understood the reason why old SEED Kits are considered terrible in proportion. (even if they have nice details)

Why would Seed kits being bad stop you from buying Build Strike?
Old 2013-11-24, 21:47   Link #32033
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Why would Seed kits being bad stop you from buying Build Strike?
Maybe because I want uniformity

And like I said, gave me more incentives to buy tons of booster packs (1 HG = 2 Boosters) so either way, Bandai still get my money.
Old 2013-11-24, 22:36   Link #32034
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
And Bandai, gimme my MG Gundam Mk.V!!! (thats at least 3 suits with that frame)
I second this, MG Gundam Mk.V would be a nice kit to display alongside other "villain" gunpla. A HGUC release would satisfied me, not so sure about the Robot Damashii version. Some reviewer say it has a bad ankle problem....
Old 2013-11-24, 23:45   Link #32035
Shinobi2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
^ True that

The HG Strike Freedom which came out later than HG Destiny I think is also bad proportion wise but atleast better than the NG 1/100 counterpart, it's also a great deal since it comes with an effect parts for Dragoon system.

Last edited by Shinobi2013; 2013-11-25 at 00:29.
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 02:11   Link #32036
Appel

Just picked up my PG Strike Freedom from the customs office. Had to pay 18€, bloody bloodsuckers >__>
Either way, gonna paint the frame and some other pieces after work today and then I'll start builing it tomorow^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 06:44   Link #32037
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Just picked up my PG Strike Freedom from the customs office. Had to pay 18€, bloody bloodsuckers >__>
Either way, gonna paint the frame and some other pieces after work today and then I'll start builing it tomorow^^
I would've bought something big like that from a domestic seller. They always rip you off at customs.

Regardless, now you can finally enjoy it.
Old 2013-11-25, 07:12   Link #32038
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
Only 18 euro for a PG? They can't count in your country, lol

That's cheap dealing with customs!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-25, 07:15   Link #32039
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
Only 18 euro for a PG? They can't count in your country, lol

That's cheap dealing with customs!
Regardless. It was still an extra expense.
I would've checked local hobby shops and gotten it there or at least order online from a site that is based in your country.
Old 2013-11-25, 07:49   Link #32040
Appel

Quote:
I would've bought something big like that from a domestic seller. They always rip you off at customs.

Regardless, now you can finally enjoy it.
Easier said than done when they don't sell stuff like that here in Germany a whole lot. I only know one online store that has the PG Strike Freedom and there it's always out of stock.
Also, you have to pay for customs anyway, no matter where you buy it. The store you buy the kits from had to import the kits as well afterall! To make up for that they put the shipping and customs fees onto the price of the model.
The PG Strike Freedom costs 20.000 Yen at HLJ for example. That's 145€ or $196. But when at the German online store it costs 320€ or $432! Twice as much as the price as HLJ!
If I ordered the PG Strike Freedom from HLJ it would cost about 240€ or $322 including EMS shipping and customs fees. So the price of the German store includes the price of the kit itself, shipping to Germany to their warehouse, customs fees that they had to pay for the delivery and roughly 80 bucks on top for them as profit (they probably make more profit then that when they buy the models in bulk). Because if they sold it to me for 240€ they wouldn't make any money with the whole thing.

So yeah, depending on shipping costs it's always cheaper to order from Japan, even if you have to pay for customs.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy