AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-11, 07:53   Link #1
loki9x
大魔王

Fan Disc coming out

Hey all, for those of you who can play Japanese games, check out http://shop.himeya.com/products/adul...l_fandisc.html and salivate with me. I just ran into this accidentally, but it looks like it's coming out June 25. A no-accident alternative...will it still be able to create dramatic and emotionally moving concerns? Everybody's dreamed about how nice things would have been if not for the accident... Be warned: there are some ecchi screneshots, for those with sensitive eyes.
Old 2004-06-11, 12:44   Link #2
curlyconnor

What I want is an English translation of the H-Free version (of the original, not this fandisc). I read about asking that company to release it in another thread, but since they're a h-game company, I think they'd only release the hentai version (although it's only a few more years until I could probably play the h-version, just trying to ignore the h-scenes).
Old 2004-06-11, 13:33   Link #3
MakotoFatora
Yes

Send a message via AIM to MakotoFatora
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyconnor
What I want is an English translation of the H-Free version (of the original, not this fandisc). I read about asking that company to release it in another thread, but since they're a h-game company, I think they'd only release the hentai version (although it's only a few more years until I could probably play the h-version, just trying to ignore the h-scenes).

I know it's an ultimate longshot - but maybe if Bandai ends up licensing Kiminozo...since they also license video games and release them, they might also license the console video game version (which I believe I've read cuts out the hentai scenes).

I'd say I'd be shocked if it happened, but lately in the anime scene, little shocks me...so I'll just say it'd be a very cool thing to happen.

Anything for a chance to push Mitsuki off that hilltop! :fingers:
Old 2004-06-11, 13:58   Link #4
curlyconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoFatora
Anything for a chance to push Mitsuki off that hilltop! :fingers:
I take it you're a Haruka fan then. Good for you, Haruka fans unite!

But really, I don't even care if the only version we get is the H-version, because by the time even that would happen, I'll probably be old enough to play it. Otherwise, if the US companies don't get a move-on, maybe a nice nice person could create an English patch *hint hint hint*.
Old 2004-06-11, 14:30   Link #5
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki9x
Hey all, for those of you who can play Japanese games, check out http://shop.himeya.com/products/adul...l_fandisc.html and salivate with me. I just ran into this accidentally, but it looks like it's coming out June 25. A no-accident alternative...will it still be able to create dramatic and emotionally moving concerns? Everybody's dreamed about how nice things would have been if not for the accident... Be warned: there are some ecchi screneshots, for those with sensitive eyes.
What is it with you guys getting so upset about sex scenes in anime/games? I have a very hard time understanding this.
Old 2004-06-11, 15:11   Link #6
curlyconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
What is it with you guys getting so upset about sex scenes in anime/games? I have a very hard time understanding this.
I'm 14 DUDE!
Old 2004-06-11, 15:40   Link #7
Arwyn

Quote:
Americans as a whole are somewhat more uptight about sex, as a result, you simply cannot get any retail store to carry any game that has sexual content.

So the only way these games come over is via small companies who sell titles via mail order or the internet, and they tend to focus on the very graphic titles.

Weird huh?
Old 2004-06-11, 17:48   Link #8
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
I'm 14 DUDE!
And I was 13 when I tried my first(More story based and also romantic.) Ero-game. Sex isn't that much a big deal to me when it comes to the Ero-games based more on the story.Now when its those Nasty games(Lust,Lust and more lust, and just rape rape.And theres an H scene every 10 minutes.) thats more focused on just the sex scenes and your uncomfortable with that then you can step back and wait until your older.

As for the Fan Disc.....I can't wait to see how it turns out. But its too bad since the game is a "What if" Akane isn't a option.(Or is she?) I'm also curious on what Minami's ending will be like.....It prob won't be scary like it was in the real game....I hope.
Old 2004-06-11, 17:56   Link #9
MakotoFatora
Yes

Quote:
I have no problem with sex scenes in anime or games, and I've already emailed G-Collections requesting them to try and license the pc version of KGNE based on that other thread mentioning it...

Really, if it's ever released, regardless of presence of or lack of hentai content, I'm getting it

I was just merely pointing out that maybe a non-hentai version could be released, since Curly is underage (and alluded to this, if not having outright said it, in a couple other threads) That's all.
Old 2004-06-11, 18:18   Link #10
curlyconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
And I was 13 when I tried my first(More story based and also romantic.) Ero-game. Sex isn't that much a big deal to me when it comes to the Ero-games based more on the story.Now when its those Nasty games(Lust,Lust and more lust, and just rape rape.And theres an H scene every 10 minutes.) thats more focused on just the sex scenes and your uncomfortable with that then you can step back and wait until your older.
Post deleted.

Last edited by curlyconnor; 2006-06-15 at 23:12.
Old 2004-06-11, 18:19   Link #11
curlyconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakotoFatora
I was just merely pointing out that maybe a non-hentai version could be released, since Curly is underage (and alluded to this, if not having outright said it, in a couple other threads) That's all.
Post deleted.

Last edited by curlyconnor; 2006-06-15 at 23:13.
Old 2004-06-11, 20:20   Link #12
Takemi_Ikazuchi

You're probably going to hate me for saying this, but if you're 14 you're not really the intended target audience of both the game or the anime.

The game is rated 18+ and the anime airs at 1:00 AM. It's only through the marvel of fansubs that you managed to get a hold of it.

Regarding the Fan Disc,

It's released on the 25th this month. It's a remake of the past arc of Kiminozo. It doesn't cover the present time arc. You can supposedly clear the game with 4 heroines: Haruka, Mitsuki, Akane, and Manami. In other words, you can somehow prevent Haruka's accident from happening and save everyone a lot of anguish, or you can screw her over altogether, reject her confession, go for Mitsuki and also save everyone a lot of anguish, or you can make pigs soar through the sky and go for Manami or Akane.
Old 2004-06-11, 21:01   Link #13
MakotoFatora
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
You can supposedly clear the game with 4 heroines: Haruka, Mitsuki, Akane, and Manami.

I'll bite, who was Manami?
Old 2004-06-11, 23:22   Link #14
Takemi_Ikazuchi

The elusive green haired nurse

Do see that search button on top of this forum?

Enter "Manami" and I'll guarantee you'll learn interesting things about Manami
Old 2004-06-12, 11:06   Link #15
curlyconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
You're probably going to hate me for saying this, but if you're 14 you're not really the intended target audience of both the game or the anime.
I knew the game was (that's why I asked about it in another thread before I watched it), but I had no idea when the anime came on and on what channel, so the only thing I was going on is THEManime's review of it, which said 15+. I was interested in the story, and was 14, and my parents generally let me see 15+ stuff. I'm saying this, and I don't mean to brag at all, but I'm not an average 14 year-old (how many have you ever seen fansubbing, if you get my drift). And, since I've been able to carry on several coherent discussions about KgNE with those who are the "target audience", understand everything they're saying, and have them understand everything I'm saying, I think, in this case, the series wasn't over my head in any way. However, since the game is hentai, you do have a point there, but that's why I want the h-free version here as well.
Old 2004-06-12, 16:02   Link #16
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

This would be a very interesting thing indeed....I dunno, there's some part of me that wishes they could turn KGNE into a game without the h-scenes, but I just don't think it'd work as a game...it worked well as an anime, but the game is something questionable.

As for releasing an english version of it, it's highly doubtful because, as already mentioned, there would be very few retail places it would be sold. Hell, in America people got bent out of shape over the cover of Cosmopolitan, so they forced stores to put a placard in front of it so they could be sold on bookstands. God forbid if there was ever an adult game, such as many h-games, sold in a retail environment here. Hell, it's highly doubtful that KGNE would get released in english for the sole fact of the content...it doesn't fit the anime schtick that people are stuck on, it's too dramatic and tragic compared to most of the animes liscensed outside of Japan.

This is what I hate about America...you get freedoms, but be damned if those freedoms possibly offend another person.
Old 2004-06-14, 03:52   Link #17
Ryota
Nee kikoemasuka?

Looks great, too bad i can't read Japanese

I don't mind the H-scenes at all THE MORE THE BETTER!!!
(hahaha, couldn't resist to post that, since so many of you want those scenes to disappear )

Do you think someone who doesn't know any Japanese is able to play it?
Could someone like that play the older games?
Old 2004-06-15, 08:27   Link #18
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Do you think someone who doesn't know any Japanese is able to play it?
Could someone like that play the older games?
ABSOLUTLY NOT!! You better know at least a decent amount of Japanese so you can both understand the story more AND so you would know what your doing instead of just guessing and hoping that option you picked was for the best.And Kimi ga Nozumu involves ALOT of reading.
Old 2004-06-15, 11:06   Link #19
unfunf

Actually, I am able to play the game a bit because I can understand their expressions, and reactions to the choices I make ( I save right before each choice ). Plus, since all the characters except takayuki have full spoken dialog, which I can understand partly, I am able to get part of the story ( plus I know the story from the anime ). You can play the game without knowing Japanese if you go about it in a logical fashion; however, you lose a lot of information and it probably isn't 1/2 as fun as it would be if you could read and fully understand Japanese.
Old 2004-06-17, 04:13   Link #20
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
I love the anime and that i've been looking for its English Version game. The reason i look for the game is that i don't really like the ending of the anime.
I would like to have my own ending and by the game you can.... sigh... i can't read japanese either.
Closed Thread