5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-06-29, 15:14   Link #21
Chosen_Hero

It bothers me that they talk about a hundred years as if it's such a long time, but I am sure that there were people who were alive back them that are still alive by Grishas' childhood... That's like one generation away, maybe one and a half at best.
Old 2019-06-29, 18:56   Link #22
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
It bothers me that they talk about a hundred years as if it's such a long time, but I am sure that there were people who were alive back them that are still alive by Grishas' childhood... That's like one generation away, maybe one and a half at best.
A generation starts from the time a certain demographic is born to the point they have children, not the point where they die. So it's generally considered to be around 25 years.

That's three generations at the time of Grisha's childhood and four at the time this story started.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-01, 16:13   Link #23
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Attack Titan

I'm not going to discuss further the context and the meaning that Isayama applied when it was disclosed the name of Eren's titan. I simply accepted the fact even if it was at face value and moved on with the story.

What I'm intrigued the most is the countless scope of infinite possibilities that each of the intelligent titans pose with their attributes.

The Founding titan, formerly possessed by the late Reiss royal family, not only has the power to alter the memories of subjects of Ymir, but also (applying my common sense based on the facts already revealed within the narrative) was responsible with the monumental task at making the three Walls made out of still active titans, if the words of Pastor Nick (way back from the second season) should be taken to account and giving serious thoughts to ponder.

The eponymous Attack Titan allows the user to revisit (not only see) memories of distant times. However, it comes as a surprise to me that communication amongst memories happens in both directions as in past users can also peruse the memories and experiences of future users just as viceversa.
There's no limitation regarding breaches in distance, time, and generations since Eren Kruger knew the names of Mikasa and Armin from slightly perusing Erens' memories but couldn't make sense of them to both himself and a younger Grisha before the latter started to infiltrate the Walls.

Based on those facts, I think that's how much Kruger understood or learned that the king within the Walls refused to stand up for his people against Marley and their oppression. Nevertheless, the Attack Titan's ability to revisit memories across space and time is not omniscient because nobody for the time being knows the reason why the King of the Eldians (the Reiss family's ancestor) made his mind to surrender the empire for the Marleyans to take over, and then relocating himself and a good portion of his subjects to Paradis island where he built the Walls.

Now with the new information disclosed we now know he erased the memories of the world from the Eldians he brought to Paradis except for those not belonging to the bloodline of the Subjects of Ymir as those Eldian ethnicities were immune to their effects. Members of the Reiss family receiving the Founding Titan along with the mantle of kingship through some unknown phenomena were unable to act upon themselves to use the Founders' powers in order to exterminate the titans and, thus, neglecting the people any chance to be freed from the Walls.
I as well believe that phenomena is an after effect of the first Reiss king using the Founder's power after erasing the memories of the people a hundred years into the past. Still, the motive remains unknown, until the fourth season comes to answer those questions.

Nevertheless, Eren and his companions have their world shaken entirely learning that the stakes have skyrocketed due that everything they knew within the walls was just a tiny fraction of a concealed truth.
The veil has been lifted and is time for the government to act responsibly. Nonetheless, whether they choose to neglect the facts or communicate them, one truth has stood tall and is that the rest of the world wants the People (Eldians) within the Walls literally wiped out off existence.

The enemy was never meant to be man-eating Titans but just ordinary human beings like themselves all along.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote