Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 23:49   Link #21
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra Vaal View Post
Tonight's episode was very, very solid. The sad thing is, it would have not only been the best episode of this season if it weren't for Skyler and Ted, but it would be the best episode in the entire series. The last 10 minutes or so of tonight's episode was 'Breaking Bad's' 10 best minutes in the entire series. I can't believe how legitimate Jesse's "gangster" status has become. He was brilliant.
I think it is too fresh in my mind to say that it was the best 10 min in the series, but it was indeed damn intense and I was holding my breath for a while there. Its amazing how this show has made me come to basically respect the villians (if you can even think of Gus and Mike as that at this point still) enough to have me worry about them in those whole last 10 minutes.

It is sure going to be quite the heck of a last few episodes.

Also mad props once again to the great Bryan Cranston for his acting in that scene talking about his father. It felt so geniune and real the way he spoke, heck every scene with him this episode was fantastic. Seeing such a preformance really shows you just why he won 3 consecutive emmy awards for outstanding acting. This guy is some beast of an actor.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 00:10   Link #22
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I have yet to see a purpose in the Skyler x Ted subplot, how it plays in the big picture etc...

However, if this episode don't cement the status of Gus as a magnificent scheming crime lord in the eyes of people, I don't know what else will.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 15:24   Link #23
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Sorry for the double posting but this needs to be bumped.

Why? Because the 11th episode made me take back what I said about the Ted subplot.

And this last scene... Now we know why this show is called Breaking Bad. The sheer despair was so thick it could be cut with a knife.
Old 2011-09-26, 18:33   Link #24
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

That episode was simply brilliant. Walt is in quite the pickle. /mebeingsuperunderstatementguy
Old 2011-09-27, 05:40   Link #25
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

This entire episode is like a love letter to Absurdity, how the Ted subplot BITES Walt hard in the ass and

Spoiler:

I can't say that Walt had not it coming to him

Spoiler:

But seriously, that final overhead shot was pure beauty.
Old 2011-09-27, 07:02   Link #26
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Oh ya Walt is truly reaping what he has sown in regards to Mr. Pinkman. Not that Jessie hasn't been a pain in the ass liability at times, but Walt truly hasn't been acting sane most of this season because of his fear of Gus.
Old 2011-09-27, 13:04   Link #27
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
But seriously, that final overhead shot was pure beauty.
Aye. I loved that scene. These two last episodes have been the strongest of the fourth season in my opinion.

Once again, I'm extremely anxious to see how Walt's going to dig himself out of this hole. I always love seeing Saul as well, his mere presence is fantastically entertaining.
Old 2011-09-27, 22:06   Link #28
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Best episode of seaosn 4 thus far.

i love dthe Ted moment, it had a very classic Breaking Bad dark comedy feel to it. I was also thrilled to see one of my favorite comedians Bill Burr in this episode as one of Saul's "go to guys".

THis show always manages to surprise me no matter what I think might happen next. Had no idea that the ted subplot would play out and effect the main story liek it did in this episode, well done by the writers.

As for that last shot, it just gave me goosebumps. It was so eerie with the way the walls seemed to shake as it panned away from Walt with the creepy David Lynch-ian ambient noises. I kept thinking that the credits would come at any moment, but that unsettlign camera shot just dragging on and on and on. One of the most beautifully shot scenes I've ever seen on TV, not to mention the acting in that last scene by Cranston was just stellar. Good stuff.
Old 2011-09-27, 22:11   Link #29
Nosauz

I never thought they could top Don Eladio's massacre but they did, holy crap. Gilligan in my book has proven that he is a genius, of course having Cranston and Paul doesn't hurt but holy crap. The last scene was very "the Shining" esque, that vibe of utter despair, and the truth is all Walt can do is laugh, because everything he did to save his family is gone, the whole point of cooking meth was to leave his family with an escape route. I love the darkness in the show and I cannot wait till the season finale so that we can get some semblance of resolution for this tailspin of a season.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-06, 06:36   Link #30
Echoes

This week's episode: Damn!

A barrage of intense suspenseful scenes this time. The showdown between Jesse and Walter, the DEA searching the laundry, and of course, Walter laying in ambush, waiting to blow up Gus' car as he slowly walked towards it. I was practically biting my nails during those. Brilliantly executed tension, as always.

I'm curious to find out how Gus knew what was up, and also how the situation with the allegedly poisoned child turns out. Like Walter said; Gus is more than willing to let kids die if it serves his purpose, we've seen that first hand.

I also hope this doesn't mean we won't be seeing more of Saul. >_<
Old 2011-10-09, 14:31   Link #31
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Finale airs tonight. Like others have said, this is possibly the best non-comedy show on television right now. Last week's episode makes me believe the Gus plot will come to an end, possibly with multiple people dying in this episode. I was disappointed Gus somehow got bad vibes in the parking lot last episode because it was kind of random, but understandably they don't want to end things that easily.

I wonder if Jesse will make it out of tonight's episode alive. I know someone will die, or at least I strongly believe so, but with the next season already scheduled Walt definitely won't be among them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I never thought they could top Don Eladio's massacre but they did, holy crap. Gilligan in my book has proven that he is a genius, of course having Cranston and Paul doesn't hurt but holy crap. The last scene was very "the Shining" esque, that vibe of utter despair, and the truth is all Walt can do is laugh, because everything he did to save his family is gone, the whole point of cooking meth was to leave his family with an escape route. I love the darkness in the show and I cannot wait till the season finale so that we can get some semblance of resolution for this tailspin of a season.
He is genius. It's very rare to be driven along so artistically by a television show. Actually every productive element, cinematography etc is just a notch above.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 19:43   Link #32
Nosauz

Aaron Paul is chilling, honestly, a lot of people where not happy about spidey sense Gus, but this guy is the utmost of paranoia, He probably was part of junta. This just keeps swelling, although quality wise, episode 12 was not nearly as good as 11 but then again in the pantheon of TV most shows barely eek out 1-2 memorable epsidoes in a deluge of 21-23 odd episodes yet this show with it's limited time and limited budget does everything so well.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 22:29   Link #33
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

oh lord what an ending.

Spoiler:

I'm wondering where the heck this show is going to be able to go next season.

I also hope we get to see more of Mike again, loved that character.
Old 2011-10-10, 06:51   Link #34
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
oh lord what an ending.

Spoiler:

I'm wondering where the heck this show is going to be able to go next season.

I also hope we get to see more of Mike again, loved that character.
Spoiler for Gus:
Old 2011-10-10, 08:38   Link #35
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

Oh Walter White how far will you fall in the name of your poor, poor family.
Old 2011-10-10, 14:58   Link #36
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Gus. Classy until the end.
Old 2011-10-10, 20:01   Link #37
ChainLegacy
廉頗

It was a nice scene in a morbid way. For a split second when they showed the preserved half of his face and him straightening his tie I was like "oh shit how'd he survive this one?" Only to be shocked and then relieved he was finally gone. I know Walter is supposed to be an unsympathetic hero at this point but I still want him to win, lol. I don't know if that will pan out for me next season, which I've heard will be the last.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 23:26   Link #38
Echoes

The title of the episode is incredibly clever in retrospect. "Face... off" I love these little touches.

An all around magnificent episode, and I could not believe the ending. I don't know if Walt knew enough to know that it wouldn't actually kill him, or if he just considered it collateral damage if it were to actually do the kid in. Regardless, fantastic ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I know Walter is supposed to be an unsympathetic hero at this point but I still want him to win, lol.
I agree. That's another thing I love about the show. No one is entirely blameless, there are no heroes in the traditional sense. Everything, and everyone, exists in a shade of gray, and the viewers are left to draw their own conclusions. I'm still rooting for Walt too, though, big-time. When the dust settles, I really do hope he's the one left standing, no matter the cost.
Old 2013-09-30, 03:39   Link #39
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Breaking Bad

Better late than never.

DAT ENDING. GOAT TV SHOW. DEXTER JUST GOT TOLD AND BLOWN THE FUCK OUT. BRAVO VINCE.
Old 2013-09-30, 04:21   Link #40
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i thought the ending was gonna be more epic since im Team Heisenberg.

But overall it was a great way to end the show^^ that little marty robbins song at the start was a great way to lead into the last episode (considering the lyircs )

Tags
breaking bad