AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-04, 09:19   Link #21301
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Jail in episode 19 describes it as 'that which in the old days created a world, and then destroyed it' true, this is rather ambigous, but the Cradle is a Lost Logia. Last I recall a few Lost Logia the size of pebbles could destroy a world, do you really think a Lost Logia warship wouldn't be able to?
1) The ability was not actually demonstrated (and the original series actually came closest to making magic look impressive). We saw it grant a few wierd wishes and made a few monsters, the most impressive of which made a tornado of unknown size. Such monsters can be beaten by single mages. OK, they were pretty elite but it shows that they can be taken down by single humans, without heavy equipment (a device is "small-arms").

Even in the "historical pictures" shown, which may or may not reflect reality (after all, none of the characters involved had actually witnessed the mentioned event, so for all we know it is their over-active imagination formed from a lifetime of indoctrination regarding the dangers of Lost Logia and barely remembered ancient history), they were causing a few tsunamis which is bad (even to take out a civilization under the right circumstances) but is about a dozen orders of magnitude away from "World Destroying". In the end, all the hype caused a few special effects on Earth, but otherwise left it so untouched no one even panics! No one dies. I don't think anyone even remembered it for two days... the next time we saw a Jewel Seed, it powered a Type III Gadget... does it look like something that in sets of 21 will be doing all the hype they promised?

2) Lost Logia are not all ranked the same. Some are safe enough that even the TSAB is willing to allow their sale at auctions...
Old 2008-03-04, 09:32   Link #21302
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I did... on the other computer
your other PC must have it too!!

DL Faster Gundam!!!

Quote:
Parang galing sa telenovela

Trust me, my family has more stories like that... though the most memorable being the ones that happened in Australia

and yes, die all telenovela and sentai ripoffs!!!

Quote:
Well, suffice it to say the legal system is gonna make his life VERY painful forever, especially in regards to the baby

And maybe not exactly under my care (she spends more time with my mother and sister) but yeah I do hope so
If it's a pain to achieve justice here, it's hell for those who lost..

*runs from Supreme Court*

Quote:
Yep, I thought so too.

Now makes me wonder what would happen if Lynn and Master Chief meet...
*imagines half of the galaxy ripped apart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Mai: .....

he refuses to learn his lesson.

Ishida:
In Neo-Venezia...

Saint X: Isn't that Ishida?

A__________: And with that undine from the new company as well...

Alicia: ara ara... *giggles*

Ishida:

Quote:
Let the madness show begin!

*goes to post this at fanfiction thread*
T3H MADNESS!!!

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
I really am cursing myself for spending 5/6 of my day without any possibility of using a computer now...bah. At least I have my sketchpad and my crazy little brain.

The Dei-system appears...very interesting, to say the least.
Looks like another interested in the lecture...

Stay Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
@thread: A question to you guys. Precia Testarossa, iirc, was exiled for causing a dimensional incident on Mid Childa. How likely is it that the abandoned sections shown in StrikerS is actually caused by that incident that she caused?
Hmmm... may or may not...

must study this further...

Quote:
Now, if only I could draw some of the OCs (or any SRW characters) in Undine uniform... >_> <_< coughexcellenandlamiacough
UNDINE UNIFORM WANT...

*gets hit by Orange Planet GN Oar*

Correction:

ACES IN UNDINE UNIFORM WANT...

KEROKO(-CHAN) IN UNDINE UNIFORM WANT...

*rows fast, really really fast*

Quote:
And the MADNESS continues, this time with more Touhou and Aria goodness accompanying the... thickening plot?

And bets on who actually survives this stage play

*runs*
I bet on the Flag!!!

Go Graham!!!

*runs*

Quote:
Talaga

And on whether we raise her well... lemme get back to you in 20 years
Parang I-rereto mo sya ha...

That sounded too wrong...

*runs from PNP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Btw, no plans of "defrosting" them as of now?

Quote:
Because the Scrya familly is a familly of archeologists. Let's keep it to canon.
That's why i said "long ago"- in before Yuuno or the current Nanoha Canon was woven... perhaps a few hundred or thousand years ago... if the Scrya bloodline extends that long...

===

Nothing much on my part- though i need more comments on my Archer WIP.

Last edited by Saint X; 2008-03-04 at 12:11. Reason: added correction!
Old 2008-03-04, 09:35   Link #21303
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Thanks
She's cute, but the tail could be a bit more fluffy

Don't tell me you're still high on the whole 'petting' incident I wrote

Quote:
What kind animal is she anyway?
Mammal

I assumed a fox.

Quote:
Yeah
I wonder if Itsuki is still looking for those rings

*goes back to work*

At the Every episode, I hate Itsuki for doing/saying something silly/stupid. At the end of that episode, I can't help but be impress, one way or another

"So, which one?!"

"I-I don't understand the question "
Old 2008-03-04, 09:37   Link #21304
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
1) The ability was not actually demonstrated (and the original series actually came closest to making magic look impressive). We saw it grant a few wierd wishes and made a few monsters, the most impressive of which made a tornado of unknown size. Such monsters can be beaten by single mages. OK, they were pretty elite but it shows that they can be taken down by single humans, without heavy equipment (a device is "small-arms").

Even in the "historical pictures" shown, which may or may not reflect reality (after all, none of the characters involved had actually witnessed the mentioned event, so for all we know it is their over-active imagination formed from a lifetime of indoctrination regarding the dangers of Lost Logia and barely remembered ancient history), they were causing a few tsunamis which is bad (even to take out a civilization under the right circumstances) but is about a dozen orders of magnitude away from "World Destroying". In the end, all the hype caused a few special effects on Earth, but otherwise left it so untouched no one even panics! No one dies. I don't think anyone even remembered it for two days... the next time we saw a Jewel Seed, it powered a Type III Gadget... does it look like something that in sets of 21 will be doing all the hype they promised?

2) Lost Logia are not all ranked the same. Some are safe enough that even the TSAB is willing to allow their sale at auctions...
As before, another minor bust right out of the MAGIC AND TECH THREAD.

Everything said down there is true, but you know...that's because in Nanoha, people are always in the right place at the right time, whenever and wherever it really, really counts. Therefore, we will always have a happy ending, without all the loss, defeat, humanity and sparks of genius that make life happy, sad, absurd and glorious all at the same time.

And as I can see from the Cadia, that concept in Nanoha is exactly what everyone seems to love smashing into the pulp it deserves to end up as!

----------------------------

- Somebody commandeered my computer for the last *who knows how long*. I finally got control back.
- Posting Spells from the Reactor soon. Trying my dead best to read things for any unjustifiable h4xx-ness.
- Reposting Sketches with the Reactor. Oh well...
Old 2008-03-04, 09:48   Link #21305
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Everything said down there is true, but you know...that's because in Nanoha, people are always in the right place at the right time, whenever and wherever it really, really counts. Therefore, we will always have a happy ending, without all the loss, defeat, humanity and sparks of genius that make life happy, sad, absurd and glorious all at the same time.

And as I can see from the Cadia, that concept in Nanoha is exactly what everyone seems to love smashing into the pulp it deserves to end up as!

So much so, that it's not very original now, is it ?
Old 2008-03-04, 09:50   Link #21306
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Replies moved to tech thread.
Old 2008-03-04, 09:52   Link #21307
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
That Futureweapons Narration sounds like its describing Alucard instead of Lind.
hmm... she survived an accident that caused the abandoned part of midchilda... any ideas on what caused it? That incident should have a name at least since the area was rather massive. Incidentally, I think I know why there is an abandoned area there and the reason has basis in canon.
I had picked up the impression that the area was the result of that accident Precia caused. Can't recall where I picked it up.

Quote:
With that much aggressiveness in her, and the single mindedness, I'm surprised that she actually managed to get into the enforcers. Combat ability is one thing but her tactics basically consists of blitzing an opponent. Also she seems like a lone wolf and won't work well in a team. From your description, she almost seems like a berserker in combat. These are hardly traits that suit an enforcer. Seriously, passing the enforcer exams with combat ability alone seems extremely unlikely. Its more likely she'll get washed out of the program instead of succeeding. Also, her "training", even if its purely physical, is more likely to kill herself first...
You realize of course, that I have been waiting a good twenty hours for you to get in here and dissect things a little. The above are good points of review I can improve on in her personal history.

Quote:
The Shock Enforcers idea is interesting but creating a unit just to utilize her is hard to compute. My reasoning is this, the TSAB did not make such a unit to put Caro in and before Fate stepped in, Caro was only useful in all out destruction. What makes Lynn so special that they would do this? Frankly speaking, Caro with her summons is a lot more fearsome then Lynn.
Good point, and will be expanded upon by my next update.

Quote:
Next, question is, when was this unit created? If it was before strikers, where the hell were they when Jail attacked with the Cradle? If it was after, what was Lynn doing?
The answer for this question would be easy. "Decoyed offworld."

Quote:
You may wish to spend a bit more time rethinking this.
The first problem I have is this. Agito is a genuine Ancient Belkan Unison device and certainly not created in an illegal experiment. If it were that easy to make Unison devices, Mid Childa would have been flooded with chibis and those scientists that were studying Agito won't be studying her at all. Iirc, even Jail expressed some minor interest in wanting to study Agito once.
More useful information here. See, my info available has been limited in Unisons so I'm not sure what happened to Agito. I gathered she was 'born' or 'created' by those pesky scientists injecting her with freakout juice to see how she controlled her magic.

Quote:
Next, starvation. This is an interesting problem... can a device actually starve to death?
I dunno... but cruelty by neglect or starvation is always a good place to start when you're going for mistreatment.

Quote:
Another thing. Why throw them in a cage and not seal them for future study in the future or utilize them separately? For that matter, since their so worthless, why not completely destroy them?
Neglect is easy. It takes effort to seal or destroy.

Quote:
You mention that Lynn was sent in. If so, I'm very surprised that there was anything left to salvage or that the facility was even standing, let alone having 2 workable devices completely intact. You mentioned that an enforcer told the two unison devices about Lynn and her past... I didn't know that personal information of TSAB personal can be so freely distributed...
It's not hard to get the general idea of someone's history in only thirty seconds. Peorth did it for Keiichi in the OVA in about twenty to explain Lind well enough to get the idea across to the viewer, even if the viewer didn't know anything. There were some helpful visuals to go with it, but Keiichi got it well enough either way.

Quote:
Also, it is canonical fact that Unison devices do not in anyway increase the power of a mage. They provide Mana control and assistance according to circumstances as well as emergency countermeasures but not power increase. As such, dual unison in this case is superficial.
*Shrug.* Signum looked like she got a power boost from Agito near the end of strikers. (Unless Hand swipe wide area nuking 'never happened'.) I worked off that. When something is a Fact it would be helpful if these facts were given to those who don't know these facts.

Quote:
As Lynn puts her equipment through a lot of stress, its more likely that her device would be a storage or armed device but this is just a nit pick.
Storage or armed device?

Quote:
Raven Call: Doing away with this ability might be actually better. Its much cooler if someone manages to disarm her and she delivers that epic line. "Weapon? You've misunderstood. That's not a weapon. That's safety equipment. As long I was using that... your safety was guaranteed."
She keeps summoning it in AMG though, which makes you wonder, how Hild pulled that off...

Either way though, the easiest work around would be to damage or break the device, or seal it, and make it temporarily unusable.

Quote:
Mjolnir Strike: This is extremely overpowered. Its basically a 1 hit, 1 kill attack...aka Oscillating Breaker on major steroids.
I could adjust this, make it so the only thing it does is break a barrier and leave the remainder of the swing as just a regular axe blow.

Quote:
Gungnir Strike: ....

*tshou reads on...

I give!! Everything is Haxxed!!!
I told you it would be. But it's a good kind of Craxxed.

Quote:
On another point, you missed a few of Lind's abilities...
List them and describe them. I don't want to miss stuff when it get to the third draft.

Quote:
End justifies the means, feh!! Her abilities are extremely haxxed....
The End ALWAYS justifies the means! [/Hild]

Quote:
I have to agree with the others who said its a good try. Lind is too haxx to try and port over. If you want to use this character, you need to tone down her abilities. A LOT.
Thid draft will come when I get more data.

Quote:
Anyway, about your evaluation guide on mage ranking, have you actually tried it on a few canon characters to judge its accuracy?
Yes I did. On Hayate. It came out only one overall rank weak, and I fixed it with a bonus 0.5 overall for Leadership quality, and a bonus 0.5 overall for extreme magical power.

Quote:
@thread: A question to you guys. Precia Testarossa, iirc, was exiled for causing a dimensional incident on Mid Childa. How likely is it that the abandoned sections shown in StrikerS is actually caused by that incident that she caused?
I was working off that since I'd somehow managed to pick it up, as I had already said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
If you insist, you can go ahead. But I still think it's a bad idea to have their creators consider them junk. At the least, they ought to be maintained because someone else might be interested in a pair of UDs...

Please don't. I facepalmed when they revealed that Ginga and Subaru were adopted, then revealed that they actually were based on Quint's genetic data, making them blood-related after all. I strongly recommend avoiding such roundabout connections between characters. I'd rather you have Cool Mint and Spearmint be TSAB projects than that. And I like that idea less than your current one.
Anyway, that would contradict you opinion that the researchers were focused on a goal with narrow objectives. If they really were, they'd be making a UD designed to be compatible with their backer, or someone of his.
.[/QUOTE]

If making them a TSAB project for

Quote:
... and this compares to Lynn... how? A kendo master isn't capable of SS rank feats, flawed comparison.
How about this. Tia is a B rank mage, who by mid season is utilizing an A rank skill to deal with drones with minimal effort. Does that mean she's an A rank mage now? No.

High level feats in one catagory do not automatically make someone extremely high overall.

Quote:
Lynn could be seen as the reverse of Hayate, and even Hayate is SS ranked as befitting her power. Ranking Lynn AAA even though she is capable of SS ranked melee feats (and from the profile, on a casual basis) AAA rank is simply unnaceptable.
You might not 'like' it, but I made the comprehensive attritubes list in order to avoid these 'well I feel that' debates. Numbers don't lie. The profile attribute averages AAA overall. If it makes you FEEL any better, I could assign bonus points based on exceessive attribute catagories, like her physical profile. (SS level Physical capability, thank years of brutal training for that litterally killer body.)

Quote:
No it doesn't. It has always been a general rule no to touch the SSS rank. Why? Because we do not know how powerfull SSS rank is. For all we know SSS is close to Arc en Ciel level power. Are you saying that Lynn has the stamina to match a weapon that had to be placed on a warship?
See, you're being bullheaded again. 'It has always been a general rule' based on an overall list of 'I feel it is thus' rules. You're still reacting to letters rather than what they reprisent. If you want an example. The Arc on a warship would qualify as an X level Stamina. If I dissect the cannon, it would probably rank pretty low overall due to lacking intelligence overall, or behavior, or anything like that.
Never mind that a warship wouldn't exactly be quantified on a mage chart...
Apples to aranges.

Quote:
SSS is not accepted, pasting that on an atribute would make her godlike in that attribute in comparison to the rest of the TSAB. Remember, the Aces are the cream of the crop, and even they don't have a SSS popping up somewhere.
And the aces are still the cream of the crop. Don't attempt this stale argument with me, you know I accounted for it. Why do you think Lynn ranks AAA and not SS? I used a well constructed chart instead of going 'well I feel that-'.
I'm not working under general rules, I'm working under more specific rules than you have been working with for, who knows how long. And the specific rules supercede the general rules.
If this makes you feel threatened, get over it. It is perfectly acceptable to excell insanely in small attribute areas while being nowhere near that level anywhere else. This doesn't make you godlike.

Quote:
Guess I'll bust the rest while I'm at it.
You can try.

Quote:
Concidering it is suggested those ruins are the remains of the last war, that would make Lynn at least 150 years old.
I won't repeat where I was coming from with this one, you need merely read earlier in my post for that.

Quote:
The fact that she can 'ignore' spells is already disturbing me. If she trained 'torturously' to increase her Linker Core, it would have caused stress and permanent damage.
I accounted for that in revision one, it was torturous physical training, not magic training. And ignoring spells. A motivated individual, or an enraged person, or a person on drugs, any of which would have their tolerance for pain under control, could very likely take fatal gunshot wounds to upper torso and still mow you down. This has occured before. Nothing short of instant incapacitation or instant kill stops these people. It is perfectly fine if you find a person who shrugs off weak spells long enough to home in on, and bulldoze you.

[quote]
Agito wasn't created by an illegall experiment. Anyway, why on earth would they simply discard the two as 'unworthy for study' just because it turned out slightly different then planned? If anything, this would have increased the desire to sudy them.

This will get revised.

Quote:
... Right, so information about the leader of a special Enforcer unit is just randmonly given to a pair of Unision devices? That doesn't sound believable at all.
See above.
Quote:
Unision Devices can't just 'Unision with any mage' they need to be compatable.
Again.

Quote:
Casting time? Mana required? If there is anything StrikerS showed us, its that mages can't just 'summon' their devices.
If it's anything StrikerS shows us, it's that 7arcs aren't very impressive in consistency. As for summoning, basic movement magic on a small object. How HARD is that?

Quote:
A common attack that can tear through barriers? Let's not, shall we?
"ROCKET FORM!"

Quote:
Amusing, Tesla has a Device called Gungnir, and her ultimate attack, Sturmzeichen, works similarely. However, it is a cartridge gulping, mana consuming ultimate strike. And you're telling me Lynn can do this casually? While breaking barriers? Does the notion of 'balance' even come to mind?
Cartridge? Lynn is insulted. She don't need no stinkin' cartridge! She's powered by the Allmighty Badass.

Balance? Lynn?

Seriously though. I'll work on it. But Tesla's weapon may need revision. A Lance, which is essentially a spear, is a piercing weapon. Piercing weapons have a high probability of penetraiting defenses due to high impact force and small impact crosssection.

Quote:
... I don't think I even need to comment on this. You do realize that to accomplish a feat like this, the main cast would have been spamming cartridges like mad, right?
Spam cartridges? To throw a wall of air? Do you have ANY CLUE what a sonic weapon or overpressure wave can do to you?

I may have exaggerated the upper end of this ability as overzelousness in writing, but massing and hurling a wall of air is not this massive magic eating ability you seem to think it is.

Quote:
And Lynn is already far too powerfull with the axe. Imagine that.

*sigh* I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the abillities. Suffice to say that Lynn is grossly overpowered, especially for someone you so neatly ranked AAA. This is S-rank at the very least.
Learn Physics. There's more to combat than looking at magic power levels.
Old 2008-03-04, 09:53   Link #21308
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I've finally caught up with the manga, and yeah Nighty, Tsubasa Chronicles is now pure . It even scuttled my Enchanted Runes trilogy for CCS and may even mess with my fics for Magic Knight Rayearth and Angelic Layer since all my CLAMP works are related. And it's not because it's running contradictory to my ideas; it's because my crack theories are turning out exactly the same as CLAMP's motions (until a very late event)! Now I'm too afraid to write further lest I shoot myself in the foot!

Moving on...

PF thanks for the short! That gave me an idea already!
Quote:
More like:

Mai: ...

Mokyou Hakaisuru.

Like itouto, like onee-san?

Quote:
The Sword that protects the Sorceress of the Void of course

*RUNS*
Subaru: Kai-chan, what's that mark on your hand?
Kai: It's a purity seal Sophia accidentally burnt onto me long time ago, but it's effects have been surprisingly empowering...

*remembers mentioning that Kai is much more dangerous in his suit than outside*

*RUNS AT LUDICRIOUS SPEED*

Quote:
Ok, while I was writting the next part I came up with this unusual theory

Spoiler for Mana Addiction:

How does it sound?
I think it needs work

I'm sure Kael'thas (or any other Blood Elf) can testify to this.

And since we already have the Plague, why not?

Quote:
Yuuno met Keroko before he met Kha, though.
Oh you meant that time. This might change some things, and maybe even explains why Nanoha "trusts her body" to Yuuno much more than Kha.

Quote:
Oh teh mekka hawtness!

But I wonder what X's got planned?
Quote:
Because the Scrya familly is a familly of archeologists. Let's keep it to canon.
How about archeologist turned ship captain, since she found the ship and the ship was then soulbound to her?

Quote:
We've seen Nanoha kicking ass, repeatidly. We've seen Fate whiping the floor with enemies, over and over.

But now, it's Hayate's turn!
She'd just freeze them on a whim then toss a rock that snaps their frostbitten heads for a good measure, if she's that evil.

Quote:
In other words, Linker Cores have a biological safety limit? That's new information, and very interesting.
I can't think of how that works though...

...wait.

Nanoha used to love beamspam! Maybe these magical addicts are addicted to the climatic (yes I really mean that CLIMATIC) sense of release on casting, and therefore do it over and over, until they suffer magic stress damage!

And it matches the Blood Elf equivalent rather closely too!!!

[House]"I know. I'm fabulous." [/House]

Quote:
That's not a good justification for your answer, but I'll overlook that over the impending EPIC/CRACK/WINof Rebuilt...
If I ever write the whole saga out, you'll see what I see.

I'll do my best!

Quote:
FINALLY! THOSE SKETCHES! YESHHHH...MY ACHING HANDS...

Spoiler for Sketch 1:

Spoiler for Sketch 2:

It took me a while to draw these, so bear with me.
Spell List COMING RIGHT UP!

*deep breath* Keep breathing the crack Keep breathing the crack Keep breathing the crack...
Looks cool!

EDIT:

Re - Mana Addiction

HOW THE HECK DID I READ IT AS SOMETHING ELSE?! Sorry for going completely out of point.

While it sounds weird, not to mention makes Kha's Mana Transfusion skill look even more than ever, it looks plausible, and might even explain Kha's passive harem effect with the Aces! And that also means Fate gets a full blown system shock everytime they Kor Fuzion! Does that mean...?!

Last edited by Kha; 2008-03-04 at 10:18.
Old 2008-03-04, 09:56   Link #21309
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Anyway, teaser? :3

Spoiler for Teaser. :3:
You call that a teaser? Nice, I'm liking White Storm a lot. Kinda like a rain of energy needles eh?

Quote:
Thanks to PF for letting me borrow one of his Hayate's spells.

I decided to post my most recently-made action scene here.>.>
Anyway, to the others, are the performance and power-levels here acceptable?<.<
I tried to regulate a lot. And this is one of the instances that Hayate gets an advantage.>_<
Do her actions here have any glaring flaws? Any suggestions/criticisms?

Oh. And for a bit of fun.

Spoiler for smaller piece:

Apparently, Tesla might have overdone Hayate's training once or twice...

*runs*

A little treat. Almost 2000 words of spoiler. :3
"Ha-chiuu!" I can actually imagine her doing that.

@Goose: Just thought I'd let you know that somehow the main links for AlphaS, Chapter 1: part 1 and 2, the contents are actually identical, though they link to different posts. Not sure if I'm the only one with this issue.
Old 2008-03-04, 10:35   Link #21310
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
If making them a TSAB project for
Your reply appears to have been cut off. What did you want to say?
Old 2008-03-04, 10:57   Link #21311
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Your reply appears to have been cut off. What did you want to say?
If making them a TSAB project for [Lynn is a more acceptable rout, I'll go that way instead.]
Old 2008-03-04, 11:01   Link #21312
arkhangelsk

Quote:
*Shrug.* Signum looked like she got a power boost from Agito near the end of strikers. (Unless Hand swipe wide area nuking 'never happened'.) I worked off that. When something is a Fact it would be helpful if these facts were given to those who don't know these facts.
Could be just a synchro boost. OK. Now take that as a guide. That is effectively the overpressure attack that you wanted for L. Note that it was done by a S- in unison. You want your AA or AAA to do this. Uh-huh...

Quote:
Yes I did. On Hayate. It came out only one overall rank weak, and I fixed it with a bonus 0.5 overall for Leadership quality, and a bonus 0.5 overall for extreme magical power.
Oh, I see. So you can make your scheme work by arbitrarily entering numbers to fit an existing conclusion (you know how many points you need to average out into a SS on your scheme - and that will subconsciously affect what you put for all the numbers). And even after that, you were off by a whole rank (which is quite a bit off considering how many items you had to work with) and had to add an emergency Arbitrary Correction.

(Further, does Hayate have leadership? Granted she made a nice speech, but for the rest of it. I think comments on her passive leadership started on about Ep7... And since you already have a slot for magic capacity where you could already have entered a 9 and another for magical output, it is intellectually dishonest to "add" 0.5 ranks for extreme magical power beyond that and call your scheme accurate - it effectively pushes those two slots beyond a 10).

Quote:
How about this. Tia is a B rank mage, who by mid season is utilizing an A rank skill to deal with drones with minimal effort. Does that mean she's an A rank mage now? No.

High level feats in one catagory do not automatically make someone extremely high overall.
By mid-season, Wendy, who saw them, ranked the forwards as A with a AA specialty area - read the comics. They hadn't officially done the exam to re-rank, but they've effectively gone up in coefficient.

Quote:
You might not 'like' it, but I made the comprehensive attritubes list in order to avoid these 'well I feel that' debates. Numbers don't lie. The profile attribute averages AAA overall. If it makes you FEEL any better, I could assign bonus points based on exceessive attribute catagories, like her physical profile. (SS level Physical capability, thank years of brutal training for that litterally killer body.)
First, you just never learn, ATC. Haven't you learnt by now that as soon as you add two capital-Ss together, your creation will be under the greatest scrutiny and will pass only with the greatest good fortune and skill which frankly you don't have?

Remember the good old speeches about how statistics can be manipulated to prove anything. As your own ranking scheme acknowledges, SS is "Phenomenal", which means it is "Ultra Rare". Given how many SS we've seen, a SS in the TSAB implies rarity countable at best on one hand. A character like Teana managing to have a strong point that's still in the Common Range (2A - things start to really narrow at 3A) is completely different than a character having a strong point in the Ultra Rare range.

Granting that it is possible for your character to truly be in oh say the top ten or even top five of whole vast TSAB in one field, how does that grant to it extending to five fields? Trying to say she's not haxxed because she still has 22 more average attributes is likely saying the world's fastest runner is not l33t because he's only pretty good at the high jump.

Further, you have to decide what is the ultimate purpose of your chart. For example, are the individual ratings based on relative competence, or are they based on rarity. If you base it on rarity (as your descriptions of the numbers suggest for at least the top part), the difference in terms of competence b/w the numbers tends to look something like this
1 ----------------------------------> 2 ------------------------------------> 3 --------------------------------> 4 ---------------------------------> 5 ------------------> 6 -----------> 7 ---> 8 -> 9
Once you get past competence, the difference (and thus contribution to the combat coefficient) between "pretty good" and the "best" is much smaller. Yet, you use this rarity ranking to calculate overall competence as if the value of each additional digit is the same.

Quote:
And the aces are still the cream of the crop. Don't attempt this stale argument with me, you know I accounted for it. Why do you think Lynn ranks AAA and not SS? I used a well constructed chart instead of going 'well I feel that-'.
You used an arbitrarily created chart that basically assumed that every attribute is equally important. To continue from the above, you are calculating combat coefficient, so not all factors are of equal importance or near enough so you can put them on roughly comparable scale like you did. For example, it is at least arguable that physical prowess (at least once its average) is not very important in a mage, since it is the magic that will be doing all the hard work, not your muscles. It should not be placed on the same pedestal as say magic capacity, especially as you get to higher nuking ranks (karate vs nukes?). Perhaps (for example), physical strength should be worth 0.1-1.0 only. There is no sign of such considerations in your scheme.

Quote:
I'm not working under general rules, I'm working under more specific rules than you have been working with for, who knows how long. And the specific rules supercede the general rules.
Where the construction of the specific rules is questionable and violates the general rules that worked well for a long time, the specific rules merit re-examination.

Quote:
I accounted for that in revision one, it was torturous physical training, not magic training. And ignoring spells. A motivated individual, or an enraged person, or a person on drugs, any of which would have their tolerance for pain under control, could very likely take fatal gunshot wounds to upper torso and still mow you down. This has occured before. Nothing short of instant incapacitation or instant kill stops these people. It is perfectly fine if you find a person who shrugs off weak spells long enough to home in on, and bulldoze you.
I can actually grant this. Ultimately, it is combat training, which limits the instructors on the power they can put into each round, even in so-called "combat settings", so it is like Lind managed to press on against BB-bullets.

Quote:
If it's anything StrikerS shows us, it's that 7arcs aren't very impressive in consistency. As for summoning, basic movement magic on a small object. How HARD is that?
Only so hard it is considered a rare and valued ability. It definitely is not taught at the local magic school. Have you considered that it involves a teleport where the other's location is unknown?

By the way, it wasn't so long ago before you tried to rationalize the lack of usage of transport magics on the basis that it is hard over any real distance. Now it is easy?

Quote:
"ROCKET FORM!"
The Raketenform consumes two cartridges despite a AAA+ driving it. Even with all that, it does not cut through a shield nearly as fast as ytou insulate your little attack will as shown in Ep2 A's - it still grinds its way through. By Ep5, it was effectively neutralized.

Quote:
Seriously though. I'll work on it. But Tesla's weapon may need revision. A Lance, which is essentially a spear, is a piercing weapon. Piercing weapons have a high probability of penetraiting defenses due to high impact force and small impact crosssection.
Most Belkan weapons also have tips or sharp blades.

Quote:
Spam cartridges? To throw a wall of air? Do you have ANY CLUE what a sonic weapon or overpressure wave can do to you?

I may have exaggerated the upper end of this ability as overzelousness in writing, but massing and hurling a wall of air is not this massive magic eating ability you seem to think it is.
The canon suggests otherwise, certainly for a supposed AA (AAA?) mage... and it wasn't so long ago that you were favorably comparing 40mm grenade blasts to mage firepower... now all of a sudden she hurls walls of air?

Quote:
Learn Physics. There's more to combat than looking at magic power levels.
I can understand that the concept behind most of your attacks is to try to minimize area attacked. However, you are arbitarily assuming that such concentration is possible, independent of mage rank. For example, it is implied that Lind's attack has higher penetration than Raketan Hammer. To do this with a lower mage rank and no cartridges, it'll have to be a much thinner blade so as to apply more pressure with less power. You are assuming it is possible for a AA rank to create that thin a blade with the requisite strength so it doesn't shatter (and yes magic does shatter look at Ep23 or thereabouts) and dull itself on contact with the shield thus losing its advantage before it could penetrate.

There is a reason why we didn't start off making 1:40 sabot rounds.
Old 2008-03-04, 11:10   Link #21313
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
SNIP
I don't have the time to sit and go over this at the moment or I'll be leaving for work right as I'm supposed to be there.

But in short, I hear you on some points, but I disagree on others.
Old 2008-03-04, 11:24   Link #21314
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:

----------------------------

- Somebody commandeered my computer for the last *who knows how long*. I finally got control back.
- Posting Spells from the Reactor soon. Trying my dead best to read things for any unjustifiable h4xx-ness.
- Reposting Sketches with the Reactor. Oh well...
EDIT: There's no way I'm ever gonna finish that last set of spells this way...Lalalala...

@thread: Post what I have now, or leave the work to tomorrow?

Okay, I think I'll call it a day. I can't seem to do 5 OC Spell Lists in the same amount of time I do 5 OCs...BUH....
Old 2008-03-04, 11:37   Link #21315
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
You realize of course, that I have been waiting a good twenty hours for you to get in here and dissect things a little. The above are good points of review I can improve on in her personal history.
I'm a slow replier. It took me around 6 hours just to read and reply to that post of yours. I had to rearrange my thinking that you're not importing Lind wholesale but based on her instead. It took me a while to read Lynn as an OC and not as Lind.
Quote:
More useful information here. See, my info available has been limited in Unisons so I'm not sure what happened to Agito. I gathered she was 'born' or 'created' by those pesky scientists injecting her with freakout juice to see how she controlled her magic.
This info was in one of the StrikerS episodes, 14 I think. Zest mentioned that Agito is a genuine Ancient Belka Unison Device which means Agito is quite old..
Quote:
I dunno... but cruelty by neglect or starvation is always a good place to start when you're going for mistreatment.

Neglect is easy. It takes effort to seal or destroy.
How much effort is need to seal them? Even Caro can seal relics rather quickly. Nanoha and Fate can also do it in a few secs. Also, how hard would it be to just chuck them into a incinerator or take a blunt object and smash them?
Quote:
It's not hard to get the general idea of someone's history in only thirty seconds. Peorth did it for Keiichi in the OVA in about twenty to explain Lind well enough to get the idea across to the viewer, even if the viewer didn't know anything. There were some helpful visuals to go with it, but Keiichi got it well enough either way.
This is a different case. Keiichi needed to know since the presence of Lind means that the situation is about to go fubar. The unison devices here do not need to know. The situation is nowhere that dire.
Quote:
I thought you did your research? The info comes from the dvd booklets.
Quote:
Storage or armed device?

Quote:
She keeps summoning it in AMG though, which makes you wonder, how Hild pulled that off...
Different Universe, different rules. Also she doesn't really summon it. iirc, when she's not using it, she stores it as an earring. I need to go reread that arc... IJimmy_C might remember though.
Quote:
List them and describe them. I don't want to miss stuff when it get to the third draft.
[sarcasm].... Do you want Lind's height, weight and BWH measurements to go with that?[/sarcasm] Seriously, I thought you did research on her abilities? If I give you the list of her abilities, you might be disappointed. Its actually very short and nothing like what you gave Lynn.
Quote:
Interesting, might ask you for the actual analysis some time.
Quote:
See, you're being bullheaded again. 'It has always been a general rule' based on an overall list of 'I feel it is thus' rules. You're still reacting to letters rather than what they reprisent. If you want an example. The Arc on a warship would qualify as an X level Stamina. If I dissect the cannon, it would probably rank pretty low overall due to lacking intelligence overall, or behavior, or anything like that.
Never mind that a warship wouldn't exactly be quantified on a mage chart...
Apples to aranges.
I have to agree with Keroko-san partly. ATC you have to remember that canonically, there isn't any mage that we know of that has a higher mage ranking than Hayate. If there was one or even equal, there would be mention of them even briefly. That is why we set this general rule that no mage should ever exceed SS. Villains are exempted provided a very good back story is provided.

Also numbers are boring. its how you justify a character's abilities and such that makes things interesting. While some maybe interested in what a character can do, I'm usually more interested in their history and their interactions with others. Hence, I'll look at an OC's history more than their ability list which is usually choke full of haxx and/or crack. Personally I tend to cringe at most forms of crack especially those involving Hotblood and Sentai. (I still haven't watch Gurran Lagann pass the 6th episode. Its a bit hard for me to choke it down) and I think you know how much I dislike Haxx....
Quote:
If this makes you feel threatened, get over it. It is perfectly acceptable to excell insanely in small attribute areas while being nowhere near that level anywhere else. This doesn't make you godlike.
I tend to agree that its acceptable to excel in 1 area greatly provided there is good justification. Unfortunately, Lynn doesn't really have that and her attacks are too haxxed.
Quote:
I've stated my views on this which you did not seem to reply. Could I have a reply based on what I've said?
Quote:
Very hard apparently since no one demonstrated any skills that even moved a physical object. Attack spells don't count.
Quote:
"ROCKET FORM!"
It breaks barriers but not instantly and not overwhelmingly like Lynn's attacks.
Quote:

I have to disagree, you're swinging a weapon to produce such an attack. To move that much air you need a lot of power.

Edit: @arkhangelsk: I agree with all your points except the one on training. ATC, you should take a good look at his points

Last edited by tshouryuu; 2008-03-04 at 12:05.
Old 2008-03-04, 12:00   Link #21316
Tormenk

Quote:
Possible. But given that she actually caused a minor dimension distortion or something similar, I would expect a big hole or something worse than a run-down region of buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
I'm guessing that no one has noticed that GuardianS is supposed to be set that way?

And to top it off ...

Spoiler:
I had an idea but no way did I think it was actually possible.

Quote:
The smell of a desert ... ?

I don't think you can actually smell anything, since your nostrils will probably be stuck by sand, but if you do want to smell it ...

Spoiler:

Not sure if it helps, and whether it fits whatever is in your mind.

Quote:
@Thread: Putting two issues into discussion:

1. What is the general perception of a "Limiter System"? Does it work by limiting the output of a mage without interfering with the mage's reserves, or is there another explanation on how it works? Does it form a barrier around the Linker Core that basically filters a mage's output?

If it is in the form of a barrier, can the same thing be fashioned out of magic (i.e. a barrier that locks around another mage's Linker Core), or technology, or both?
Either explanations works fine. I personally think if it like a fuse that only allows certain amounts of voltage/electrical currents/whatever to flow through. Too much and the fuse blows or simply it doesn't allow output above a certain threshold.

Though it does bring into question if the limiter can be overcome manually..

Quote:
2. There are various energies in the world. What does the thread think about "thought-energy"? This does not translate into psychic powers or mind-reading, but simply energy that arises from a person's thoughts, feelings, and emotions. In GuardianS, there is plan to place a character with a Rare Skill that is able to harvest this form of "energy" to boost his or her magic. There is limitless possibility with the boosting capacity, but of course, there are limitations as well: (1) the energy generated by thought is much, much, much lower than that of an actual Mana (i.e. 1/100 of an actual Mana energy equivalence), so a lot of people have to combine their thoughts in order to generate substantial boost in magic; (2) the range of harvest is limited (author's limitation); (3) the mage using this Rare Skill is placed under severe mental stress (author's limitation), the overperformance of which can kill the said mage; (4) positive or negative thoughts actually create different implications in the magic boost - negative energy channels into major destructive powers, while positive ones help in boosting the intended effect of a spell (particularly healing ones).

I know that 2 and 3 are basically non-actual limitations, but if this can be done, the limits will be there. I'm using the same strategy again in which I'm asking that the thread trusts that I'd be observing the HAXX limits. <.<
Tad too much for me so I'll leave it to the others.

Quote:
It's okay. but considering flying grunts that are supposed to be A-ranked...
You get grunts with capablities around that of A-ranked OCs.

Quote:
Anyway, teaser? :3

Spoiler for Teaser. :3:

This is one hell of a teaser I have ever seen.

Hmm need to get my hands on of the thumbs up icons for future use.

Quote:
Oh. And for a bit of fun.

Spoiler for smaller piece:

Apparently, Tesla might have overdone Hayate's training once or twice...

*runs*

A little treat. Almost 2000 words of spoiler. :3
Ah. I might take this in the other direction as well too. :3

*runs*

Quote:

How does it sound?
I think it needs work
Well I can see it physically affecting the person, illnesses etc but to affect personality traits is much more deeper and serious. Still, a little fine-tuning never hurts.

Quote:
In other words, Linker Cores have a biological safety limit? That's new information, and very interesting.
True. New considerations to take into mind then.

~~~

Finishing off the Heroes of Might and Magic V campaign sometime ago, I managed to cook this up after realizing (possibly) how well it fits.

Heroes V crack go!

Spoiler:

1.8k words over a few hours. Wonder why I didn't spent the time to finish some of my other pieces instead of indulging in crack.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-03-04, 12:17   Link #21317
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Indeed crack.

I kinda expected it to be Mai, though, once I saw Smith being the one who'd ask the question. Maybe it's just a lucky guess. *shrug*

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-03-04, 12:34   Link #21318
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
I think there's some bad blood between Chaos and Fuyu, so that's why she's happy you're here.

As for the armors, I think the Rule of Cool helps your armor class more then anything.
Oh I see. o:
Doesn't everyone have some bad blood with Chaos? *Hide*

Yes the rule of cool is strong but the rule of bikinis only applies to women and is superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I forgot about it since it hasn't been brought up for so long but Krisslanza actually was also one of the victims in the conflict that started my dislike for that guy.
Really now? :O
Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Red Sonya from the namesake movie started this trope :3
What troupe? I'm confused here.
I still have too much sanity to get everything that goes on in here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Oh yeah? Tell that to Subaru.

Besides, the Spartans don't need armour too.
Subaru is a cyborg though, she has natural AC obviously.
The Spartans are men, they get the 'rule of cool'. Women get the rule of bikinis.
Old 2008-03-04, 12:39   Link #21319
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Some laughter at last in a more or less cheerless day. Thanks heavens for the Heroes V Crack and the Rule of Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Yes the rule of cool is strong but the rule of bikinis only applies to women and is superior.
HEAR HEAR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Subaru is a cyborg though, she has natural AC obviously.
The Spartans are men, they get the 'rule of cool'. Women get the rule of bikinis.
ONCE AGAIN, HEAR HEAR!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Indeed crack.

I kinda expected it to be Mai, though, once I saw Smith being the one who'd ask the question. Maybe it's just a lucky guess. *shrug*
Not really a lucky guess, It's because it being Mai-

*sniper shot*

Medorach: *grumblemuttermumble* How many times must I shoot you down before you learn that you shouldn't poke into other people's private affairs? You're wasting my bullets! *grumblemuttermumble*

-------------------------------------------------------
MY WORK

- Everything is back on track at last, but due to the delay, everything was shifted back a day. BLAH...
- (And once you all finish un-h4xxing/tweaking/pulling/prodding/whadevachamcallit my stuff, I'm ready to start fic-ing.)
- (What is the art of long crack? Is it basically taking something already existing as a reference and building things, humorous or not, around it?)
Old 2008-03-04, 13:12   Link #21320
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Ah, creepy nightmares. Reminds me of what I put Keroko-chan through. The destruction of her home, memories of Neltharion, rage fueled nightmares... It's a good thing Yuuno came along.
Kinda like Shamsel, too. Except he has yet to have the darkness arise...yet

Quote:
Sisters. One of the reasons I never freaked out when 'hugging day' began at the first con I visited half a year ago, I'm used to it.
Ah, I see . Cosplay much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Kagerou must be loving how high the Spawn are crawling up the thread Threat List. And with Vivio gradually coming into the line of fire...
Yup, they seem to be able to generate a lot of agrro

Quote:
And now I've got quite a cool ending with no winners in mind. Don't worry, my Tomino-ism has abstained from this duel.
I think it's being sucked away into Alpha

Quote:
Like I said earlier, ya gotta do 'em up right.
And what, would you say, is the right way?

Quote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You divided by zero!!! Minna, nigerou ze!
I don't think any amount of running is going to save you...

Quote:
I commend you for being able to hack Kha's brain like that, but WHY would you want to???

I think you're reading it wrong. Have you not seen Pinky and the Brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Okay, if I wasn't convinced before, I'm convinced NOW that Gravemind NEEDS TO FUCKING DIE.
Yup, Gravemind has really good aggro generation. Wonder if he has the gear to tank...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
<claps hands over nose>

Shiro...no...pantsu...
I think the Blood Bank should get over here and start stocking up with all these 'donations.'

Quote:
Just a note to thread; I won't be doing much backlog breaker, since i'm still compiling my massive haxbust post.

Also, Haru is trying to his side in a PM by claiming that hisarrogant N/F demands & emotional blackmail are valid and we should all work together and he's trying to avoid people (read: N/F shippers) from being hurt unnescessarily.

....he's also trying to equate fanfiction writing and N/f shippers to open source. I have no idea how he gets from "scanlation group spreading N/F love, thus all should spread N/F love" to open source and firemen.

Well, forget him. OC busting will be posted on the weekend, and I'll post sporadically today. Haxbusters and those interested in jointly busting Haru, please PM me. Priority to H4xbuster Team.
Yesh...he has to hide in PMs? I wish you luck, comrade.

Quote:
You know, with this heresy, if Anita was awake, she'd run you into the ground with Immolators, meltacannons and a personal Reaver thrown in for a good measure.
Should I make some popcorn? >_>

Quote:
I just want to make something clear: the haxbuster rifle was pointed at Haru because he was blatantly attempting to emotionally blackmail Satashi into remaining with N/F despite Satashi's desire to move on and explore other pairings.

I stepped into the fray because as a young writer, I was subjected to heavy emotional blackmail by my audience. That's the primary reason I left the gatekeepers fandom. It has nothing to do with shipping wars.

Mind you, Haru's Chilean. They're not known for smartness.

He's equating N/F doujin scanlation with open source software and a public service to people. And equates firemen volunteering with Satashi writing; satashi should serve the N/F crowd for no good reason than selflessness.

I note that even firemen get paid, however.

Would OC like me to post his PM to me? We can groupbust and then hammer him GOOD. We need to hammer in his head to stop emotional blackmail of Satashi. Because if we don't draw a line in the sand and make our stand, this won't end with Satashi. Once she burns out from Haru's Legion, he'll move on to the next writer and burn them out.

Seeing as how I stopped writing fanfiction for a period of 2-3 years after getting burnt out from emotional blackmailing by my audience, I know what I'm talking about.
Hmm...would the Buster Homerun bat be big enough?

Quote:
My main intention was to get more firepower on my side, and for a peer-review response. -_- But yes, it can be construed as one man against OC, making him a matyr to the N/F Legion. I'm asking OC to forgive me for dragging them into this mess, and request that everyone slow down the Groupbust plans. -_-
Oi oi, there's no need to be sorry about it. We're all in it because we WANT to be . We are all friends here and friends help friends.

Quote:
You already know where, right down t-

*blood curdling scream*

*static*
Lowe? Lowe are you alright?

Quote:

Think UNLIMITED DRILL WORKS are just for those with Spiral Power and OTOKO NO TAMASHII O MOERU?!?!?!

Spoiler for Think Again:

THAT WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME

Quote:

How does it sound?
I think it needs work
Hmmm...reminds me of Blood Elves...
Closed Thread