AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2008-08-06, 20:15   Link #241
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Yes, the chapter name does set off my alerts, but hopefully it won't be as bad as we think... we find out in a week

and we have (i think another) Natsu is GAR page... that was awesomeness

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 20:46   Link #242
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Spoiler for ch99:
Spoiler for ch99:
Old 2008-08-06, 23:39   Link #243
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for ch99:
Oh ho! I see what you did there. And i like it, thats not such a bad idea me thinks.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 05:14   Link #244
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think perhaps, the title of 99 is a symbolic one meaning that Erza is stepping down and recognizes Natsu as someone who's at least on equal footing with her. I'll try to be optimistic about this.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 23:06   Link #245
Onchuu_Norin
Clandestine Otaku

Cool

Fairy Tail is an awesome manga. When I first read it, it reminded me of a similar artwork as One Piece. As I researched more about the anime, I was really psyched that it's from the same people who wrote Rave Master. Oh yeah, definitely one of my top 10 manga right now.
Onchuu_Norin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 23:23   Link #246
Elagune

Fairy Tail 99 was very good to read. I wonder if the fight with Gerard is completely over now, or maybe he'll go second form ala Sephiroth. Maybe combined with Zeref in some way, I dunno. That'd be awesome though. Wonder if the author's going to do anything special for chapter 100.

Oh yeah, is there a Fairy Tail anime?
Elagune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 00:04   Link #247
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

No Fairy Tail anime yet, but one could hope it becomes popular enough to have its own.

Needs to gain a few more volumes first.

The next chapter's title is setting off alarm bells for me as well; hopefully they are just messing with us.

Natsu looks a lot like Let from Ravemaster in that last panel.
Old 2008-08-08, 02:24   Link #248
Tiberium Wolf

Actually the best thing in these past ch was when Natsu said: " Mages of FT specialize in property dmg".
Old 2008-08-08, 11:35   Link #249
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

^
^
^

i second that hahahaha also on simple term of survival dont make anyone close to natsu Cry or else....

you get what i mean ehehhe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 08:53   Link #250
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So sleepy....-_-....just marathoned all the way up to Chap 99.

*bows to the hawtness/greatness that is Ezra* ...

*bows to the GARness/Flaming Spiral Power that is Natsu* Put this guy in TTGL and even Kamina would be burned. lol

And I really think that NatsuxEzra has a good chance of happening. They both mutally like each other - it won't be such a big push to get something romantic out of them.

'Titania Falls' - I hope it means that her 'armor' is broken finally or that her magic power is gone (for just a while mind you). Gerald better not wake up to try and hit Natsu again only to hit Ezra. Epic fist will happen = Giga Dragon Breaaaaaker~!
Old 2008-08-14, 12:39   Link #251
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

That last page of chap 98 was so GARR I had to go do something manly, like scream at the ocean or lift weights or go burn something
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 14:22   Link #252
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
That last page of chap 98 was so GARR I had to go do something manly, like scream at the ocean or lift weights or go burn something
lol wasn't it just

as for the next chapter, its got one of the most anxious names for a chapter I've come aross!!! I'm at my wits end waiting to find out whats gonna happen!
Old 2008-08-14, 16:04   Link #253
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol wasn't it just

as for the next chapter, its got one of the most anxious names for a chapter I've come aross!!! I'm at my wits end waiting to find out whats gonna happen!
Me too! I'm super-hyper...I'm so hyper i actually want to walk to the beach now O_o I keep looking over my shoulder cuz i think someone's stalking me with a bottle of depressants

On a more serious note Titania falls? Any guesses anyone?
Old 2008-08-14, 20:24   Link #254
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Me too! I'm super-hyper...I'm so hyper i actually want to walk to the beach now O_o I keep looking over my shoulder cuz i think someone's stalking me with a bottle of depressants

On a more serious note Titania falls? Any guesses anyone?
We better not speculate too much for now to keep us calm, after all she's one of the main characters (yes I already see her up there and i certainly am not the only one) so there won't be anything too bad happening to her. My best bet is that the tower is collapsing, she's falling a long way down being saved at last, probably by Natsu. Would be a nice beginning of our favorite pairing huh? Naaaaw it don't see any romance in FT yet even if I'd love to.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 20:52   Link #255
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I agree, unfortunately there probably won't be any pairing moments, probably just a hint at best.Now that I think about it gray goes further back with Erza than Natsu, and saw her struggle emotionally and stuff. Love triangle? O_o
Old 2008-08-14, 21:01   Link #256
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I don't see romance playing a big part of this story, much like in One Piece.

as much I would love to see it, I do think it would be kinda out of place in this story and setting.

but then again after current events pass I think I could see something happening.
Old 2008-08-14, 21:50   Link #257
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I don't see romance playing a big part of this story, much like in One Piece.

as much I would love to see it, I do think it would be kinda out of place in this story and setting.

but then again after current events pass I think I could see something happening.
Rave Master had the main guy and girl get together in the end, so if Mashima can make it happen there, he can do the same here.

It would also set FT apart from OP as the romance angle would make it far more dynamic than just the FT crew going on random adventures.
Old 2008-08-14, 22:06   Link #258
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Rave Master had the main guy and girl get together in the end, so if Mashima can make it happen there, he can do the same here.

It would also set FT apart from OP as the romance angle would make it far more dynamic than just the FT crew going on random adventures.
The problem was that there was already chemistry between Haru and Elie when they first met in Rave. While in Fairy Tail there is hardly any visible hints of chemistry or love interest between characters.

The story in Rave made it viable to have romance while in Fairy Tail there haven't been such scenes where it could lead to romance.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 22:26   Link #259
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
The problem was that there was already chemistry between Haru and Elie when they first met in Rave. While in Fairy Tail there is hardly any visible hints of chemistry or love interest between characters.

The story in Rave made it viable to have romance while in Fairy Tail there haven't been such scenes where it could lead to romance.
I agree, they seem to have more of a sibling relationship than anything else. Not once have they even hinted at even a spec of developing romantic feelings for each other. Also, I'd be very surprised if one of them didn't die at or near the end, but that's just my own unsubstantiated guess.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 00:06   Link #260
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, Fairy Tail's focus seems to be more on 'nakama' than anything else - belonging to a family that is willing to accept both the good and the bad, willing to both smile with you and slap sense into you. Life's more fun with friends - the crazier they are, the more fun (hectic) your life will be.

As for finding 'romance' or anything like that in the story, I'm not really looking for specific scenes, rather I'm looking at how certain characters react to and around each other. Most of the 'romances', if they can be called that, are one-sided at best. I suppose that 'romance' is a bad term - 'relationships' sounds more of what is actually being shown here.

As for the big three: Natsu/Ezra/Gray - they are siblings for the most part. Ezra's the eldest, Gray's the middle child, and Natsu's the baby of their lil family (Lucy included nowadays so Ezra has a younger sister to dote on as well). In the scheme of things so far, we've seen much more interaction between Ezra and Natsu than Ezra and Gray. At the least, Ezra seems more concerned with Natsu's well-being in any given situation than with Gray's.

And for some reason, I keep seeing Ezra and Teresa (Claymore) in the same light...
Ezra the Titania and Teresa of the Faint Smile: the stongest team. Ever. I think GAR might die if it ever met those two. lol

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen