AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahou Sensei Negima! ~Mou Hitotsu no Sekai~ OVA 1 Rating
Perfect 10 15 34.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 39.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 16.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-25, 19:36   Link #21
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Finally doing some justice to the manga and about damn time...sheesh...

Cried manly tears for how much awesome was packed into the fight scene at the gate.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-09-25, 20:22   Link #22
ZeroForever

honestly that was a very good serious negima OVA, skipped over some of the comedy scenes but considering how well they did the fight scene it's easily forgiven.

personally we should just be glad that the series is popular enough that it gets the OVA regardless, considering how bad the 2 anime series ended up being.
Old 2009-09-27, 21:46   Link #23
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Again, why couldn't Negima adaptations have been like this from the beginning? As with Ala Alba, Shaft have found the right mix by loyally sticking mostly to the source material. The production quality is excellent, and the fight scenes some of the best in any Negima adaptation so far. This is a great manga arc and I look forward to seeing it brought to life - I only wish it were a weekly series and not an OVA.
Old 2009-09-27, 22:07   Link #24
turok
[TTZ] Moderate Encoder
*Fansubber

Location: In the Turokzone. Next door are heaven, hell, and 4chan.org (purgatory)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Again, why couldn't Negima adaptations have been like this from the beginning? As with Ala Alba, Shaft have found the right mix by loyally sticking mostly to the source material. The production quality is excellent, and the fight scenes some of the best in any Negima adaptation so far. This is a great manga arc and I look forward to seeing it brought to life - I only wish it were a weekly series and not an OVA.
Blame it on Shaft but mostly Kodansha as they are afraid of making those kind of decisions as they aren't aware of the amount of success Negima would bring as a tv series and that they are being precarious due to the "economic crisis" (please...)

Personally I'd petition for a tv series but Kodansha don't really listen to us fans these days. The movie adaptation they are going to do was solely because of the amount of "decent" sales Negima Ala Alba got as well as the Current Ova which is well received since the release not ten days back. Let's hope that more people join the Bandwagon of Negima as we head towards the trail of increasing the fanbase Negima has. Hope that Kodansha gets smart and start contemplating a tv series after (hopefully) the rest of Mou Hitotsu no Sekai ovas gets continued thumbs up as well as the upcoming movie.

But most importantly: convince Kodansha that negima is a "risk" worth taking.

That's my take on the matter.
Old 2009-09-28, 01:13   Link #25
Fandal

Well, they could be evil and milk the series for all it could be. No matter what, a Negima fan would probably buy whatever they produce. If they start off really bad and then slowly recreate the scenes to make it better - people would still buy it! Eventually they will get to a great adaptation version which a fan would love but by then, the fan already bought all the previous Negima stuff vs if they did the good one in the first place.
Old 2009-10-02, 05:49   Link #26
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Well, they could be evil and milk the series for all it could be.
Well... i think Akamatsu kinda does go in that direction with all the adaptations of his works... anyone who saw the Negima live-action series can attest to that...

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Akamatsu's manga... but pretty much all of his adaptations are pretty weak... at best they were only okay.
Old 2009-10-05, 15:03   Link #27
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

problem as i see it is that someone (only think Akamatsu is to be accused on the live version, and that carries the scent of gag IMO) have had thought that they could do better than the original either distilling all the wrong parts of canon (LoveHina, and Negima!) or completely ignoring canon beyond characters schematics and very rough story drafts (Negima!?)

The only parts thats decent or better is the Negima OVA's ... the two ova's comming out after Negima! was decent (not good, but decent) ... and the last couple of OVA's (Shiroki Tsubasa and Mou Hitotsu no Sekai) follows the Manga pretty faithfully with only minor edits, which for large part is understandable
Old 2009-10-12, 19:24   Link #28
DKN117

Does anyone know if there are English subs out yet of the first OVA? I can't access .rar files, so please keep that in mind with your answer.
Old 2009-10-12, 21:49   Link #29
BerryDoyle

I loved it. I agree that Konoka's spell was too long, but I thought that their inclusion of Natsumi was very well played. I think it will make her part of the story run a little smoother. Also, we finally get really epic fight scenes! Just what I've always wanted them to animate! (So now go animate the School Festival arc, Kondansha... I command you).

Regarding the adaptation quality, I can't even bring myself to watch much of the first anime adaptation, since the quality is so bad, but I watched the 2 OVAs that came after that (they were enjoyable and of decent quality adaptation-wise), and then I watched all of Negima!?, but I mostly had to regard it as completely separate from Negima!, since it messes with the character personalities and does its own plot. It's not painful, though. Then I loved Shiroyuki Tsubasa, as it was honest to the manga. So far though, Mou Hitotsu no Sekai has been my favorite. I totally agree that they should make it a weekly, ongoing series.

And I have the strangest feeling that somewhere, in an alternate universe, Kodansha did just that. They made a good quality, honest to the manga, weekly anime. I can't shake this feeling. I wish that I was in that universe, or could access it somehow. *Leaves to go work on fixing that dimensional wormhole*
Old 2009-10-13, 04:19   Link #30
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Is this considered licensed by Funimation? The License Database is very vague.

"License for Negima!? TV announced at Anime Expo 2007, DVD release is due in 2008. The OVA series have also been confirmed as being licensed by Funimation. [ source: AoD, ANN ]"

Above ANN link is an article from March 2008, the AoD link does not work anymore. I'm going to move forward to start translating this. A release would be contingent on license status. Anyone?
Old 2009-10-13, 05:47   Link #31
BlueDo

Subs are out by Mamiko.
That's the only one out so far.

And I don't believe this is licensed.
Lastest Funimation license was on Negima!?
Old 2009-10-25, 05:35   Link #32
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Subs are out by Mamiko.
That's the only one out so far.

And I don't believe this is licensed.
Lastest Funimation license was on Negima!?
Ah, I see, a couple groups have done it. I was looking for it in the N's rather than the M's - silly me.

My sub is almost done, hopefully it will be well accepted even so late after other releases.

But I wonder, was this OVA released only on DVD, or was it also released on Blu-Ray? I looked all over for a HD rip or somewhere I could get my hands on a Blu-Ray with no success.
Closed Thread