AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 06:15   Link #20741
skyboy928

hmmm..... i wonder if they mention any future SD kit.......there are so many of them that i want them to redo
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 06:57   Link #20742
Appel

i FINALLY got the letter from the customs office so that i could pick up my OO raiser today!^^
gonna build it later today.
but just by browsing through the manual a little its pretty clear that this is basically the OOQ with a few changes here and there XD but in my opinion that isnt a bad thing. the QAN[T]is amazing! and it explains why the OO raiser got so much praise recently.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 07:32   Link #20743
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

So I finally got my 00Q today, and i've never built a model before, but the instructions are understandable.

I just need to know if the plier I have is acceptable to be used to nip the parts or not. I'd rather not buy a new one and would prefer to use the current one I have.

Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 10:03   Link #20744
Appel

i dont thing thats gonna work. the pliers that you have are blunt and can only crush stuff.
you need a side cutter:

they arent expensive, about 3 bucks for a cheap one. id get a good one though! its worth it. with a good side cutter you basically have no excess plastic one the pieces that you would have to cut off with a knife!
i got mine from a gamesworkshop and i could be happier! cost me about 8€, thats about $10

edit:
i just built the O raiser sidebinder just to test if i get the NG 1/100 OO LEDs to fit in there.
it does work but you have to alter them quite a lot to make them fit. but once they are in everything works properly^^

Last edited by Appel; 2011-06-08 at 11:52.
Old 2011-06-08, 13:32   Link #20745
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i just built the O raiser sidebinder just to test if i get the NG 1/100 OO LEDs to fit in there.
it does work but you have to alter them quite a lot to make them fit. but once they are in everything works properly^^
Nice, I just finalize my order from gundamplanet amoment ago
Now just need to wait till the end of the month....... It's gonna be long wait
Lucky still have 4 PG at home need to finish
Old 2011-06-08, 14:42   Link #20746
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
Nice, I just finalize my order from gundamplanet amoment ago
Now just need to wait till the end of the month....... It's gonna be long wait
Lucky still have 4 PG at home need to finish
cool^^
im done with the head, torso, arms and shoulders now. well, and one sidebinder of course because there i tested the no grade LED :P so far its a really neat model.i think im going to finish it today^^
Old 2011-06-08, 14:59   Link #20747
skyboy928

Quote:
cool^^
im done with the head, torso, arms and shoulders now. well, and one sidebinder of course because there i tested the no grade LED :P so far its a really neat model.i think im going to finish it today^^
post picture as soon as you are done please, i wanna see

i'm currently working on MG Astray Red Frame, so far only finish all the weapon, it will take a while, since i just got couple new games thanks to PSN
Old 2011-06-08, 16:48   Link #20748
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
post picture as soon as you are done please, i wanna see

i'm currently working on MG Astray Red Frame, so far only finish all the weapon, it will take a while, since i just got couple new games thanks to PSN
haha, i see XD

here is a little progress shot:

just got the backpack, the weapons and the O raiser left to do :P
Old 2011-06-08, 19:22   Link #20749
skyboy928

Quote:
haha, i see XD

here is a little progress shot:

just got the backpack, the weapons and the O raiser left to do :P
awesome! now if only i have more time...... i need to finish the Astray, then move on to at least one of my PG...... can i have more time.......
Old 2011-06-08, 20:03   Link #20750
Appel

and done^^

this kit is pretty awesome! great articulation, tons of accessoires and what really surprised me, there are almost no balance issues! its not leaning forwards here, it can stand upright with the O raiser attatched^^ that spretty impressive!
im also very pleased with the GN sword III. the connection to the arm is rock solid and it wont fall off at all, even with the huge effect part for the raiser sword. it pops out of the peg on the hand all the time but the connection to the arm is strong enough by itself.
Old 2011-06-08, 21:14   Link #20751
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
i dont thing thats gonna work. the pliers that you have are blunt and can only crush stuff.
you need a side cutter:

they arent expensive, about 3 bucks for a cheap one. id get a good one though! its worth it. with a good side cutter you basically have no excess plastic one the pieces that you would have to cut off with a knife!
i got mine from a gamesworkshop and i could be happier! cost me about 8€, thats about $10

edit:
A sidecutter that doesn't leave excess plastic? I did not know such things even exists!!!! And it would be my dream to have one!!!!

You know any examples of such a piece? I would like to get them online prefably.
Old 2011-06-08, 22:22   Link #20752
skyboy928

Quote:
this kit is pretty awesome! great articulation, tons of accessoires and what really surprised me, there are almost no balance issues! its not leaning forwards here, it can stand upright with the O raiser attatched^^ that spretty impressive!
im also very pleased with the GN sword III. the connection to the arm is rock solid and it wont fall off at all, even with the huge effect part for the raiser sword. it pops out of the peg on the hand all the time but the connection to the arm is strong enough by itself.
wow, you are pretty quick. too bad i have to wait till early next month before i could get my hand on this kit.......i can't wait.
Old 2011-06-08, 23:28   Link #20753
Se7en Sabers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
A sidecutter that doesn't leave excess plastic? I did not know such things even exists!!!! And it would be my dream to have one!!!!

You know any examples of such a piece? I would like to get them online prefably.

This one is a must
http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM74035

A little expensive but for tiny pieces and to save time (I used to clean my pieces with a hobby knife but not anymore)
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 04:20   Link #20754
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers View Post
This one is a must

A little expensive but for tiny pieces and to save time (I used to clean my pieces with a hobby knife but not anymore)
that one looks good^^
and if you want to spend a little less:
http://www.amazon.com/Xuron-Micro-Sh...7611114&sr=8-5
Old 2011-06-09, 06:27   Link #20755
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers View Post
This one is a must

that's the one i have been using. also i got those nail cutter that was use in Nail salon, the result is pretty good
Old 2011-06-09, 06:34   Link #20756
Araxiel

Quote:

Games Workshop make their own range of tools specifically for modelling. So if you buy their clippers, for example, the clipper head is shaped so you can get right up next to the part and clip off just where it meets the tree, leaving no/negligible excess plastic. As opposed to using a pair of general-purpose clippers, which aren't optimised for such a thing.
Thier craft knife is quite nice too. Very sharp blades, ergonomic handle and all that. Games Workshop's stuff is quite expensive, but good quality.
Old 2011-06-09, 07:08   Link #20757
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
Games Workshop make their own range of tools specifically for modelling. So if you buy their clippers, for example, the clipper head is shaped so you can get right up next to the part and clip off just where it meets the tree, leaving no/negligible excess plastic. As opposed to using a pair of general-purpose clippers, which aren't optimised for such a thing.
Thier craft knife is quite nice too. Very sharp blades, ergonomic handle and all that. Games Workshop's stuff is quite expensive, but good quality.
Speaking of which, is that a site or a real shop?
Old 2011-06-09, 07:53   Link #20758
Araxiel

Quote:
Speaking of which, is that a site or a real shop?
Both. They have a website you can mail order from, Games Workshop stores dotted around the world, and a lot of independent hobby shops stock their stuff as well.

Edit: WIP pics on my Virsago:
Spoiler for Virsago:

And a few little extras:
Spoiler for tiny:
Old 2011-06-09, 08:55   Link #20759
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Nice to see a suit from X. Hope it turns out nicely.
Old 2011-06-09, 09:38   Link #20760
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxiel View Post
i agree. i couldnt be happier with my games workshop nipper^^ and at 8 bucks i didnt even think it was that expensive.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy