AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-25, 16:54   Link #181
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2007-04-25, 17:17   Link #182
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
That's kind of what I thought. Thanks a lot for the answer.

Sorry, I have another question. When was it shown that Alicia and Beth were born around the time of Teresa's death?
Old 2007-04-26, 07:10   Link #183
Astral100

Quote:
Where did it say that when Teresa died, Alicia and Beth were just born?
Oh, that was my mistake. I made this statement earlier and it probably confused you. As corrected by GundamZZ, Alicia and Beth were born at the time of Lucetia's death, not Teresa's. Please refer to my previous post for explanation.
Old 2007-04-26, 10:20   Link #184
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral100 View Post
Oh, that was my mistake. I made this statement earlier and it probably confused you. As corrected by GundamZZ, Alicia and Beth were born at the time of Lucetia's death, not Teresa's. Please refer to my previous post for explanation.
Ahhh I see. But that wasn't when Lucetia died though, wasn't that just when she awakened and left the organization?

And since I am at it, I have one more question.

The reason the black cards exist is because once a claymore awakens, they become like a monster, have the desire to eat flesh, becomes uncontrollable and cannot go back to human form right? In that case, was it explained why the Shien no Mono seem to be exceptions, where they can seemingly go back to human form at will, and doesn't lose their consciousness when they awaken?
Old 2007-04-26, 11:18   Link #185
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Ahhh I see. But that wasn't when Lucetia died though, wasn't that just when she awakened and left the organization?

And since I am at it, I have one more question.

The reason the black cards exist is because once a claymore awakens, they become like a monster, have the desire to eat flesh, becomes uncontrollable and cannot go back to human form right? In that case, was it explained why the Shien no Mono seem to be exceptions, where they can seemingly go back to human form at will, and doesn't lose their consciousness when they awaken?
2 possible explantion:

1. The Shien No Mono has more will power then the normal awkens and they are more powerful.

2. The organization is lying to the Claymores.
Old 2007-04-26, 11:42   Link #186
Astral100

Quote:
Damn, something is wrong with me recently. Of course you are right it was the time of awakening

Quote:
That was also confusing to me, however as I understand it after awakening they lose their humanity. As is seen from the scene with Lucetia and Rafaella, even reunited with her sister all Lucetia cared for was taking down her enemy (Easrey) and dividng the territory. The joy she felt IMO was not because of seeing her sister again but because Lucetia thought she would be saved from certain death by Easrey. Another reason is, from what we can see awakened beings think nothing of killing others. (Aside perhops from Rufia only - the oldest and so to say the mellowiest Shonen no Mono. She is in fact my second favourite character in the manga now)

Besides it looks like even those Awakened beings that have been able to return to their human form, first go through a stage of uncontrollable rampage and violence (Priscilla destroyed towns, Lucetia almost destroyed organization, Clare was about to kill everyone around) so obviously it is not wise to let claymores turn into awakened beings even if later they might return back into their human shape. Which is nothing more than a shape - their thought processes change completely.
Old 2007-04-26, 11:49   Link #187
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I know that, at least the most powerfull awakened have a period of irrational actions like they were in some sort of drunken state. Since the flood gives them pleasure, they will only stop when it burns out. After that, they seem to be normal and sociable...And very pissed at the order for no apparent reason...
Old 2007-04-26, 12:16   Link #188
Key Board
Carbon

What I think:

When someone awakens their yoma side takes over

however, since the body is shared between both sides, the awakened being also inherits the human memories and personalities of the body

The stronger the original personality is the less irrational the awakened being becomes.

Age is probably a factor too. Newly awakened being are probably instinct driven and as they grow older they learn to control it and think more rationally

Hmm..

I think it's possible that Clare might fully awaken one day
Old 2007-04-26, 17:59   Link #189
Mandrake

regarding issue 12...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-26, 18:12   Link #190
Astral100

If you look in this thread you will find that all japanese chapters have already been summarized by kind people here. Some of them almost translated line by line. If you look and still cannot find the answer then be a bit more precise. Like what chapter and what pages are you interested in.
Old 2007-04-26, 18:30   Link #191
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Considering the first two Awakeneds that we see, not counting Prisilla in the flashback, both showed up first in their human forms, I'd say it's a safe bet that most Awakened Ones can assume their original human forms.

If we ever do see Claire's fully awakened form, I'm hoping for black eyes and hair.
Old 2007-04-26, 19:27   Link #192
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Considering the first two Awakeneds that we see, not counting Prisilla in the flashback, both showed up first in their human forms, I'd say it's a safe bet that most Awakened Ones can assume their original human forms.

If we ever do see Claire's fully awakened form, I'm hoping for black eyes and hair.
I already seen it

and you will it in a few years when the manga release catch up.
Old 2007-04-26, 20:32   Link #193
dieseltrain

what ever happened to kid that became the main character cook?
Old 2007-04-26, 20:40   Link #194
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain View Post

He ran off with a loli and is now on the run form claire
Old 2007-04-26, 20:40   Link #195
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain View Post
What do you mean? You gotta be more specific with the question.
Old 2007-04-26, 21:14   Link #196
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I already seen it

and you will it in a few years when the manga release catch up.
From the spoilers that were posted it sounded like only her limbs had awoken. Anyways I did see a picture of it online.
Old 2007-04-27, 00:22   Link #197
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Not the right thread to post but dont want to spoil any anyone in [Anime Only] discussion thread so posting here .

Why was Teressa the numero Uno of Claymores sent to take care of a few minor Yomas . Wouldnt the the top 10 or even top 05 be sent for specialized job like hunting awakened ones ?
Old 2007-04-27, 00:28   Link #198
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Not the right thread to post but dont want to spoil any anyone in [Anime Only] discussion thread so posting here .

Why was Teressa the numero Uno of Claymores sent to take care of a few minor Yomas . Wouldnt the the top 10 or even top 05 be sent for specialized job like hunting awakened ones ?

Each Claymore are assign to a specific region to patrol. If a request came form that region then it goes to the Claymore assign to that region. There is total of 47 regions, with a total of 47 claymores.
Old 2007-04-27, 00:33   Link #199
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Each Claymore are assign to a specific region to patrol. If a request came form that region then it goes to the Claymore assign to that region. There is total of 47 regions, with a total of 47 claymores.
Yeah I know that and Clare is 47 . My question let me rephrase it ( I have read only till Vol 7 )

Would it not be demeaning for the number one Claymore to go hunting around Yoma . ? Seeing the level of skill Teressa posses even a dozen yoma are canon foodder for her .
Old 2007-04-27, 00:37   Link #200
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Would it not be demeaning for the number one Claymore to go hunting around Yoma . ? Seeing the level of skill Teressa posses even a dozen yoma are canon foodder for her .
Well, from what I have seen so far, claymores work alone unless there is a need to make a team. The first time Clare teamed up with someone as far as I remember, was when she fought her first awakener.

So in a sense, no, since it's her job to protect her assigned area.
Closed Thread