AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-06-23, 14:36   Link #1
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Steampowered

Yo, been posting again recently, after something of a hiatus, and thought I'd share one of my more recent pieces.

Nothing too fancy, but it is worth noting that this is probably the first picture I've done entirely with a Wacom tablet. I'm definitely getting more and more of a handle on my new toy (traded in my hand-me-down Artz II pad for an Intuos 3 once it became very apparent that I would be getting a lot of use out of a tablet), I've been using it a lot for effects and even full backgrounds for the webcomic.

Speaking of which, the comic is still going strong (despite a few interruptions here and there), and the end is almost in sight. I've probably got no more than 5 pages left to rough out, the end page count is likely to be less than 140.

Check out http://steampowered.net for more!

And finally, one more picture, just in case I haven't already posted this one way back when,

An older piece, doesn't use a tablet at all. Probably the last tablet-free picture I'll do. Even all the shading for the webcomic is handled with a tablet not. I've got a new picture in the works already. Should have that finished in a week or two in place of the usual comic update.
Old 2006-06-23, 21:41   Link #2
Ghettobob
GTO Fan!

Send a message via AIM to Ghettobob Send a message via MSN to Ghettobob Send a message via Yahoo to Ghettobob
Wow, that is really cool! Im going to go on the site now and read some. Your drawings are very inspiring, I want to get a tablet now
Ghettobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 23:14   Link #3
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Dude, I completely forgot about your comic. lol. Thanks for posting. I'll go check it out again.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 00:48   Link #4
reflection
gyabo!~

Send a message via MSN to reflection
You're frames are each look so animated, I love them! Keep it going!
Old 2006-06-24, 01:07   Link #5
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Now this is what I call the work of a pro.
Old 2006-06-24, 01:30   Link #6
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Now this is what I call the work of a pro.
Oh, I agree
This style reminds me of Metal Slug, which I find greatly hilarious. Great work!
Old 2006-06-24, 05:05   Link #7
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Hey! I love your work. =D Your style is refreshing and the colour palette is awesome! =D
katakami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 06:31   Link #8
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Page 100, 100 pages of pagey goodness. Wow. I feel almost accomplished.Only about 32 more pages to go before Steampowered Panic vol. 1 is complete. Vol. 2 will follow soon after, and will mainly be an excuse for me to try a new colouring style.

Speaking of trying new techniques, at the suggestion of someone from a different forum, I did something a little different with the shading on this page. Another friend suggested some ideas to me involving Adobe Illustrator that might make my colouring time shrink to half of what it takes me now per page.