AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-08-27, 05:00   Link #661
DanielSong39

I enjoyed the series at the start and it wasn't just because of Yatori/Ikta dynamic.
As I said before, what turned me off was the Empire and Chamille. Basically the enemies are after Chamille's life at every turn and treats her as the Big Bad. She proves over and over again that she is indeed the Big Bad and the enemies' actions are justified.
At the end, our two heroes die and the Big Bad wins. We're supposed to believe that this is a good thing.
I'm sorry but I feel how I feel and not how the author wants me to feel.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-29, 01:45   Link #662
Zefyris
図書館狼

...?
Chamille is the most selfless and benevolent character in the series. Compared to her, Icta and Yatori are bad persons (and they're definitely not bad persons on average).

Even Icta recognises that. That was even one of his reason to die in stead of Chamille and he said it right to her face. Something like "you see , no matter how much I 'd try I could never do what you're doing. You're a better person than me, so that's why you should be the one to live and guide the Empire on the path of a better future, not me".

there's no "two heroes". Yatori didn't have a more important role in the novel than the other 6, and definitely less of a hero than Icta and Chamille. Heck I could argue that even certain characters introduced later like Milvaquié are more important than Yatori on the long run.
Old 2021-01-25, 06:53   Link #663
zoldec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I enjoyed the series at the start and it wasn't just because of Yatori/Ikta dynamic.
As I said before, what turned me off was the Empire and Chamille. Basically the enemies are after Chamille's life at every turn and treats her as the Big Bad. She proves over and over again that she is indeed the Big Bad and the enemies' actions are justified.
At the end, our two heroes die and the Big Bad wins. We're supposed to believe that this is a good thing.
I'm sorry but I feel how I feel and not how the author wants me to feel.
Not all stories are about just plain good vs bad just like how overlord showed a perspective different from you normal view. So u said chamille was a bad person what did she do? Can u site some examples that does not have a valid political reason for the said action? Remember we are watching an anime about empire building and those spirits not a story about a hero like kids show.
zoldec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-17, 04:04   Link #664
Zefyris
図書館狼

Chamille has never been a bad person so clearly he's not making any sense.
No matter how you look at it, she's someone who keeps sacrificing herself for the sake of others, for the sake of her country. Every death she cannot avoid she feels responsible for it and hate herself for it, even if she's not responsible, simply because she considers that since she's of the same blood as the emperor, she's just as much responsible as him for what happens.
It has always been clear on that point that she was both self hating and selfless, as well as the most benevolent character in the story.

So as I wrote it above, "Chamille is the big bad", that doesn't make any sense at all.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2021-03-01 at 09:32.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-31, 13:56   Link #665
tuckersister

Who saved Ikta from his stupor after Yatori's death in vol 9?

Also, what's haro's summary between vol 9-14. There isn't too much on any wiki site.

How did Ikta find out about the "other" Haro?

Last edited by tuckersister; 2021-07-31 at 19:15.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-08, 07:58   Link #666
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Who saved Ikta from his stupor after Yatori's death in vol 9?

Also, what's haro's summary between vol 9-14. There isn't too much on any wiki site.

How did Ikta find out about the "other" Haro?
AFAIK skythewood has finished translating the 14 volumes now. If that's the case, you don't need any summary, just read it and make your own opinion.
Old 2021-08-10, 07:34   Link #667
WingedAccelerator

Whenever this thead is bumped, 95-99% chance it's another round about Yatori's death. Not sure if I should admire the tenacity or just shake my head, but it's kind of comical from my perspective.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-05, 08:10   Link #668
Zefyris
図書館狼

To be fair, most peoples have merely read that spoiler and barely more. That's why most comments are about this, and why most comments on what happens later in this story are negative in this thread. Of course it would be negative when you only know the beginning, a death in the middle; and maybe another death near the end of the story , and barely anything around or in between.
Old 2022-07-11, 11:09   Link #669
SidVicious
Anime addict

I'm almost at the end of volume 14.
That was a rough ride.

Tags
fantasy, historical, military science fiction, statecraft, tearjerker, tragedy