AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-01, 11:24   Link #1001
Bangmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
None whatsoever.

It could mean nothing, just a random oddity thrown in but it seems significant to me.

Another poster suggested Itsuki could be gay? And now that i think about how hes always in Kyon's personal space and other things so that could be true.

I think its simply meant to show how Itsuki is extremely observant. If you analyse that whole scene, before the mole bit we see Kyon observing Itsuki. He sees Itsuki's ear and then Itsuki with his hands together. Then in comparison we see what Itsuki notices of Kyon and the camera zooms in closer and closer until we see the tiny hair on Kyon's mole.

I think it shows a direct comparison to Itsuki that shows maybe one of the reasons why Itsuki is who he is and hes not just any average boy.

Or maybe its significance is just to be a random oddity but the scene seems to be too well played out for that.
Old 2009-06-10, 21:29   Link #1002
Kudryavka

Is this new rerunning of Haruhi Suzumiya under the name "The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" or "The Dissapearance of Suzumiya Haruhi"?
Old 2009-06-10, 21:31   Link #1003
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Is this new rerunning of Haruhi Suzumiya under the name "The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi" or "The Dissapearance of Suzumiya Haruhi"?
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

That's the name they're using for the show now, it seems.
Old 2009-06-10, 21:39   Link #1004
Kudryavka

Oh, and will fansubbing groups be resubbing the episodes of the new season that are being rerun? Or are those episodes still protected under the "No Subbing Licensed Things" rule?
Old 2009-06-10, 21:56   Link #1005
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Oh, and will fansubbing groups be resubbing the episodes of the new season that are being rerun? Or are those episodes still protected under the "No Subbing Licensed Things" rule?
Not allowed to sub due to the licensing rule.

Also most fansubbing groups seemed to be under the impression that Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was the first episode of the second season, and not the eighth episode of a rebroadcast "new season".
Old 2009-06-13, 20:09   Link #1006
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Also most fansubbing groups seemed to be under the impression that Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was the first episode of the second season, and not the eighth episode of a rebroadcast "new season".
It's not really an "impression", it's just the way they're choosing to state it to be clearest to the target audience that it's a new episode they haven't seen yet. They were, of course, fully-aware that it was episode 8 in the more conventional listing. That whole debate is never really going to die, but we'll just have to get used to the naming convention somehow...
Old 2009-06-13, 20:11   Link #1007
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Not unlike the Kyon order verse Haruhi order numbering problems from years ago.
Old 2009-06-13, 23:31   Link #1008
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Not unlike the Kyon order verse Haruhi order numbering problems from years ago.
Kyon Order 4 Life, bitches!!!!! |..|_ d-_-b _|..|

Anyway, first season, second season, whatever, do we know for a fact that the new Haruhi episodes are already licensed? I know it's a foregone conclusion that they will be, most likely by KadoUSA via Bandai again so they can issue a "complete" package down the road (blu-ray, anyone?), but has there been an official say-so?
Old 2009-06-15, 08:15   Link #1009
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
Q Where is the newer episode of haruhi suzumiya I want to know
Old 2009-06-15, 08:27   Link #1010
Jintor

Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was the last released. Wait until Thursday/Friday, nyoro~n.
Old 2009-06-16, 00:34   Link #1011
hollowification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was the last released. Wait until Thursday/Friday, nyoro~n.

well if the nothing coming on during those day i have to wait bit more hoping those chapter from manga & light novel coming to anime

Q i was wondering in manga or light novel does kyon ever meet his older self or Mikuru tell him anything about himself?

Q does mikuru tell kyon how old she is & older self or does she say its a secret
Old 2009-06-16, 00:38   Link #1012
Jintor

Read the light novels or manga to find out.

But on a less mean note, I don't remember, but probably not. To all the questions.
Old 2009-06-16, 00:41   Link #1013
hollowification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Read the light novels or manga to find out.

But on a less mean note, I don't remember, but probably not. To all the questions.
well point me in direction of light novels if its possibility to read em on line
Old 2009-06-16, 00:41   Link #1014
Jintor

Baka-Tsuki.

You're welcome.
Old 2009-06-16, 00:45   Link #1015
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
In all honesty, answering either of those would be considered spoilers, regardless of the answer.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-16, 03:49   Link #1016
hollowification

Thanks you I am going to read it
Old 2009-06-16, 08:41   Link #1017
kniteowl

Can you guys tell me what time will Endless Eight (August) might air live in Japan?

I'm assuming it'll air on Suntv 1st lol.
Old 2009-06-16, 08:48   Link #1018
Jintor

I'm assuming based on nothing that it would air the same time Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody aired, which is about 1am Eastern Australia Time on Friday the 19th, but I don't really know tbh.
Old 2009-06-16, 08:58   Link #1019
kniteowl

1am eastern Australia, that's like Sydney time right?... so it airs in japan at 11pm Thrusday??? Hmmm almost doesn't sound right... unless someone else can provide the true correct time lol.
Old 2009-06-16, 09:05   Link #1020
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
1am eastern Australia, that's like Sydney time right?... so it airs in japan at 11pm Thrusday??? Hmmm almost doesn't sound right... unless someone else can provide the true correct time lol.
Jintor's not quite correct and your conversion assumes that Australia is still in DST. When not in DST Australia Eastern is just one hour ahead of Japan, but in DST it's 2 hours ahead. Japan doesn't use DST. If they did use DST, then there'd be no time difference when Australia isn't in DST.

It's actually closer to 1:40 am Friday AEST (which is 12:40 am Friday in Japan) that is the earliest airing. Teletama, which you might be looking for, actually airs it at 2 am AEST.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2009-06-16 at 09:33.
Closed Thread