AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-19, 17:24   Link #221
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I'm not saying Yamakan is bad by any means, as he definitely improved in Kannagi from his shortcomings in the first few eps of LS. But in my eyes, he's really nothing to write home about, good or bad, let alone even come close to people IMO like, say Kenichi Kasai.
No one is saying he's on Kasai's level... seriously why even mention him? It's like talking about college basketball players about to get drafted and than going "he's not even close to Kobe!!". Though I have to say Yamakan like Kasai is great at adapting things... though I would hope Yamakan doesn't drop the ball as bad as Kasai did in Kimikiss... Anyway the discussion is on whether he's a good director or not, his work prior to LS and after KyoAni says yes, Lucky Star, KyoAni and their fanboys so no. I'll say the yes outweighs the other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
If not through the most direct of channels, at least through the window of viral marketing/video potential.
And I dare say he's done it again with this open audition on Nico for the Theme song.

Last edited by Westlo; 2009-06-19 at 17:49.
Old 2009-06-19, 17:58   Link #222
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I'll like to see a fujoshi singing the opening, just because...it would be interesting. Lately I just got into the whole fujoshi thing...my...if they made this short well. It could very well get a whole series, Hetalia proved fujoshi buying power is pretty good if you make the right show.

So he's going to direct the whole show, like the gigazine quote said? I'll see how well he'll do with a 4-koma, do it in the live action movie style. I'll be more then happy. I'll love to see 'suits' jokes.
Old 2009-06-19, 18:05   Link #223
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
No one is saying he's on Kasai's level... seriously why even mention him?
You gotta be kidding. You answered your own question with this...

'Anyway the discussion is on whether he's a good director or not'

Really, likening Kasai to Kobe is highly misleading, at least to me. For me at least, Miyazaki is 'Kobe'... in the 'great' section. Kasai on the otherhand is several notches below, like say, Chris Bosh, who is in the 'good' section. All I'm saying Yamakan ain't there yet... second line at worst, one of the easily forgotten starters at best.

Quote:
his work prior and after KyoAni says yes, Lucky Star, KyoAni and their fanboys so no. I'll say the yes outweighs the other...
And therein lies the crux of the problem. The bolded part really is subjective, as a lot of people (me included) does not really think 'yes' as it was a 'so-so' affair.

Really now, no one is saying that Yamakan is a bad director. Just that while he's not bad, he aint THAT good either. In other words, nothing to write home about, which was my main point.
Old 2009-06-19, 21:00   Link #224
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed Kannagi so Yamakan certainly has the skills but I really think he should let this grudge against Kyoani go, whether justified or not, it just comes across a bit childish and petty. It would have been more classy to have just let his future works do the talking and let Kyoani rue the fact they fired him.
There is no grudge here. This entire "bitter" and "grudge" and whatever else you want to call it is entirely the creation of western readers. (Also, his blog title entry is stolen straight from the Jigoku Shoujo website iirc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I'll like to see a fujoshi singing the opening, just because...it would be interesting.
Nico appears to be hoping that fujoshi freedom group バ行の腐女子 enters.
Old 2009-06-19, 23:19   Link #225
Kouvley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
There is no grudge here. This entire "bitter" and "grudge" and whatever else you want to call it is entirely the creation of western readers. (Also, his blog title entry is stolen straight from the Jigoku Shoujo website iirc.)

Really? Wasn't there also that episode of Kannagi where he put himself in and took a dig? Although admittedly I found it quite amusing at the time.

Fujoshi freedom group are pretty awesome, some of their song remixes are hilarious.
Old 2009-07-18, 04:42   Link #226
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
They entered and won. The opening will be titled "BL-IN ブラック・イン" (Black in) and will be released on CD on September 10.

Link: http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2009...076/index.html
Old 2009-07-18, 05:05   Link #227
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Is it more or less 'as expected'? Alot of Nico Nico users/people/whateveryouliketocallthem are getting proper commerical release. Like all those Miku albums and Ryo/Supercell actually writing a song for Bakemonogatari.

I hope they're making an OAD to test whether a TV series is popular enough. Hetalia and Junjou Romantica shows that fujoshi buying power is pretty strong, even if slightly weaker then otakus (as in moe-fanboys).
Old 2009-08-19, 19:14   Link #228
M.Marangio

More informations on the CD and the special edition of the fourth manga volume:
http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2009...004/index.html
Old 2009-08-19, 22:01   Link #229
typhonsentra

90 second animation eh? Sad this won't get a bigger release, even if I was disappointed when KyoAni first announced it it sounded interesting to me.
Old 2009-08-21, 23:22   Link #230
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Fact is, Kannagi was a better series than either Haruhi or LS, both of which are phenomenally overrated. KyoAni are the ones who made a mistake in all this.
I like Yamakan, too, and I think KyoAni are indeed the ones who made the mistake, but my opinion is that Haruhi was a masterpiece (partly due to Yamakan), Kannagi was very good, and LS was close.

I'm eager to see anything Yamakan does, but he hasn't done enough as a director on his own for me to form a judgment either way on whether he's fair, good, or great. I think he's still growing.

I do like the episodes of Haruhi he did, and I like the first four eps of Lucky Star better than the rest, since they are plainer and less conventional. And Kannagi was pretty good. I think he has a fine touch with comedy. But perhaps Hanazawa Kana was not the right choice. And the show did seem to me to lose steam after a while.

But he is great as a maker of OP/ED animations: Haruhi ED, Lucky Star OP, Kannagi OP and ED. He has the knack of making the music and animation work together and make an impression. So his piece for this title is something I think we're justified in expecting good things from. And probably, as Kaioshin says, something viral.

Personally, I think he may have "the touch," but we'll see when he gets some more shows. If he does.

@bayoab -- What do you know that makes you think there is no grudge? He has made some ironic comments, and his coming out and apologizing for Endless Eight was fairly aggressive. If I thought I had done a decent job and my boss demoted me and said publicly I wasn't up to my job, I think I'd hold a grudge. I mean, he did subsequently quit. But like I say, you may know something I don't.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-08-22, 03:21   Link #231
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post

Personally, I think he may have "the touch," but we'll see when he gets some more shows. If he does.
But does he have THE POWER! When all hell's breaking lose can he indeed ride in the eye of the storm?
Old 2009-08-22, 05:04   Link #232
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
@bayoab -- What do you know that makes you think there is no grudge? He has made some ironic comments, and his coming out and apologizing for Endless Eight was fairly aggressive. If I thought I had done a decent job and my boss demoted me and said publicly I wasn't up to my job, I think I'd hold a grudge. I mean, he did subsequently quit. But like I say, you may know something I don't.
The Yamakan isn't human, he has no emotions!
Old 2009-08-26, 15:43   Link #233
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Fact is, Kannagi was a better series than either Haruhi or LS, both of which are phenomenally overrated. KyoAni are the ones who made a mistake in all this.
As much as I normally respect your opinions and POV's, this time you are trying to pass a very personal POV as a fact, which doesn't seem like very sound reasoning to me.
Old 2009-08-26, 18:21   Link #234
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What part of that post (which was made weeks ago, so I'm shocked it's getting so much attention lately) doesn't sound like an opinion? It seems clearly to be a stated opinion and nothing else as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2009-09-09, 18:31   Link #235
M.Marangio

The fourth manga volume with the OP DVD was released today.

Links with some screenshots:
http://journal.mycom.co.jp/news/2009...048/index.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/50882905.html (ads may be NSFW)
Old 2009-09-11, 17:25   Link #236
Woland
Latin Rascal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIuu0sQG9ng

It's only the beginning? I hope so. (Not at all a bad thing Kyoto Animation dropped this, especially with their recent scores)
Old 2009-09-11, 21:58   Link #237
Falkor

ehhh, no dance?

the song/opening is surprisingly addictive after a few repeats. oh I love it...
Old 2009-09-11, 23:05   Link #238
Shadow Kira01

So, this is the fujoshi anime that KyoAni had dropped?

The OP looks okay..
Old 2009-09-12, 08:29   Link #239
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
ehhh, no dance?

the song/opening is surprisingly addictive after a few repeats. oh I love it...
Well not every OP Yamakan has done has a dance, like the second OP for Shana 2.
Old 2009-09-15, 13:36   Link #240
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was lukewarm to this at first, but the music and animation have both grown on me. The character-design has a fascinating physicality. The characters seem interesting: it makes me want to see the anime.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread

Tags
4-koma, fujoshi