Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-20, 10:15   Link #101
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Think the european, americas and the rest of western world will have joined servers.
Last thing I heard is that the korean guys will get their own version, if they are going to releaseit there.
Not sure about taiwan, hong kong, and the other south asian regions. Reckon they either get a separate server, or they will be incorporated into the japanese one. If that is the case, it would be highly likely that the japanese client will get english language support, that would be good news.
I don't know about other Asian countries, I just make a distinction between NA/EU and JP and those two won't be joined. Since Sakai confirmed it and gave reasons about some of the Asian and Western differences (specifically regarding the use and view of the cash shop), I also don't see how they'd consider implementing English language support into the JP version. It's not a given but I don't see it happening. If I were Sakai I probably wouldn't, anyway. SoA is f*cked enough, Sakai wouldn't want to make it worse. Probably. <-pun
Old 2012-07-20, 10:36   Link #102
Axiszero
The Forsaken Lurker

Hope they port this game to mac
Axiszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 11:31   Link #103
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiszero View Post
Hope they port this game to mac
Are you joking? It's highly unlikely they'd ever do that, lmao. But if you're serious, just use Bootcamp or w/e.
Old 2012-07-20, 14:26   Link #104
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I don't know about other Asian countries, I just make a distinction between NA/EU and JP and those two won't be joined. Since Sakai confirmed it and gave reasons about some of the Asian and Western differences (specifically regarding the use and view of the cash shop), I also don't see how they'd consider implementing English language support into the JP version. It's not a given but I don't see it happening. If I were Sakai I probably wouldn't, anyway. SoA is f*cked enough, Sakai wouldn't want to make it worse. Probably. <-pun
True, but the client itself is designed in the way, that it can support multiple languages, as far as I can see. I am guessing that the language is not hardcode into the main program and uses modules. it is just my guess, since the launcher has the option to select different languages, but only Japanese currently available.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 15:22   Link #105
Seihai
スマイリウム

^That's true. Well, either way I think there will be people who might release an unofficial English patch. How long it'll take or how good it'll be is up to the stars, I will probably be used to the Japanese by then.

Btw. it's been mentioned before but PSO2 really has a star cast of voice actors, geez! Hanazawa Kana, Yoko Hikasa, Asumi Kana, Yuka Iguchi, Fumihiko Tachiki, Shimono Hiro, and the list goes on... like every second NPC or most of all I recognize somehow, it is pretty sweet. And some of the NPCs are already bringing up a lot of fandom because of how moe or unique they are. Maloo, Echo, Patty and Teia, Lisa, that blue-haired Newman in the ad that's asking you to buy WebMoney (she's just asking for it with her pose and expression)... the char desginers have great taste, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sakai had influence on them. I'd be in heaven if Kanae Itou and Aoi Yuuki were somehow in it, too.
Old 2012-07-27, 11:03   Link #106
Seihai
スマイリウム

1. Highest mark was 91,513 concurrent users on July 9th
  2. Considering this, they may open up international servers (I suspect that they only mean China and Korea?)
  3. Let me remind you that there is no region-lock

August 1st
  1. Summer Festa Lobby
  2. New Enemies Fang Banther & Fang Banshee (they look ****ing hard)
  3. Summer Rappy (rare) <-they drop Space Tuna, a big Tuna sword
  4. Summer Vacation Scratch (Swim Wear and Bikinis <- very sexy; other new costumes and parts)
  5. New Hairstyles
August 8th: http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-su...rystal-dragon/
  1. New area called Floating Continent (also known as Dragon Land)
  2. New enemies (obviously)
  3. New boss, the (super epic cool looking devastating) Quartz Dragon
  4. A New NPC appears in the Lobby, Deluxe Michela

Fast and amounting updates plus good news, a collaboration and moreover... BIKINIS! QUARTZ DRAGON! WOOOOO...
Old 2012-07-27, 11:05   Link #107
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I bet theres more swim suits for women than men .............. DUH! XD

but wonder if theirs a fair share of hair styles.

and any news on english?
Old 2012-07-27, 11:22   Link #108
Seihai
スマイリウム

There will be bikinis for females and swimming trunks for males. I don't know in how many colours they will come but it would be a good balance if both pieces would either receive the same colours or at least have the same amount of colours. I play a female character anyway (no surprise huh).

The video only showed 2 new hairstyles (bald and... what do you call that hairstyle again?) but maybe there's more new ones. Since I care a lot about ingame fashion and I mess around with it a lot I'm not too amazed by the current list of hairstyles we have. I do like some of them though.

Other than March 2013 being official NA/EU release, there are no news. They mentioned the possibility of making their current game "international" but I assume it only means they will forward their service to Korea and China. Not sure though.
Old 2012-07-27, 11:44   Link #109
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It has been a little more than 4 days I'm playing PSO2 and it sure manage to remain entertaining, although hitting the 25 lvl range is tedious: there isn't really any hard mode quest so far, and farming the H arks quests is a bother. (suffice to say, emergency quest requiring you to defeat Ragne isn't really exp efficient compared to the point based quest).
The lvl progression of the game is a bit inconsistent but at least you can circumvent the issues a bit.

Now I'm curious: for those who are playing PSO2, which server are you playing on?
I'm currently on ship 7, playing mainly Hunter class and enjoying the hell of it.
Old 2012-07-27, 11:45   Link #110
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh.. thats... dissapointing "Hey guys, you get two new hair styles! Nothing, and some half assed one" Bald = no hair mesh. =\
Old 2012-07-27, 12:40   Link #111
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It has been a little more than 4 days I'm playing PSO2 and it sure manage to remain entertaining, although hitting the 25 lvl range is tedious: there isn't really any hard mode quest so far, and farming the H arks quests is a bother. (suffice to say, emergency quest requiring you to defeat Ragne isn't really exp efficient compared to the point based quest).
The lvl progression of the game is a bit inconsistent but at least you can circumvent the issues a bit.

Now I'm curious: for those who are playing PSO2, which server are you playing on?
I'm currently on ship 7, playing mainly Hunter class and enjoying the hell of it.
Haha I am having the exact same problem right now. It's generally tedious to level from 20 to 25 (I'm at 24), it's a known annoyance. All I do is clear client orders and do City on Hard when it appears. Other than that, I just either do Rappy Arrest or first Caves on Hard.

Ship 02 usually block 43 (for some reason I feel attached to this block).
I got 24/15/10. I will main Force so I am leveling it up last. However I too am enjoying the hell out of Hunter (and Ranger). It just makes lots of fun and for now it looks like PSO2 keeps getting fresh with new content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh.. thats... dissapointing "Hey guys, you get two new hair styles! Nothing, and some half assed one" Bald = no hair mesh. =\
Well, there are still other good ones. I'm sure there'll be many good Hairstyles coming in the future... because PSP2i already had lots of nice ones. Would be stupid if it "downgraded" the variation and such.
Old 2012-07-27, 12:48   Link #112
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I actually have much more trouble starting 24-25. Right now, lvl 25, halfway to 26 and I have no quests aside Koffee's usual unlock (I still don't get why her quests are void of exp, despite how annoying most of them are), which is, if I read it right, the one for lvl 30+.

So basically here goes the forest grinding. And I'm contemplating a bit the use of a premium pack, considering how limited you are without means to trade or sell on the market...
Old 2012-07-27, 12:49   Link #113
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I am on ship 10 (H;40/R:40/F:7) and 2 (H: 22/R:17/ F:2?). Tend to hang out on block 30 on both, unless the city quest pops up and the block is near empty.

At level 25 just seek the popular multiparty map on your ship and block. One thing to do is, to start looking for weapons with good affixes, which you could syntheses onto other weapon/armor later on. Vol Soul is pretty popular, because of the extra Hp it gives you. So hop and go kill the dragon.
Josef's client order gives a lot of exp if i remember correctly, what you could do is to swap your class before finishing the quest.

Some of the client quest can be daily replayed, just look for the female newman and the ranger on the first floor, they reset after 24h. Other after a week, like the kill 20 crappy quest. On hard mode it is pretty similar, just eh guys who give you the quest are on the second floor.
Old 2012-07-27, 12:51   Link #114
Vicious108

My problem with hairstyles is that there's a bunch of really wacky ones, but a severe lack of normal/common/realistic ones. So many characters I'd thought about creating which turned out impossible because they don't have any non-over-the-top hairstyles.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 15:21   Link #115
Sides

Did you try looking in the shops for the hair style tickets? You can get the wild pony, mohicanm, afro and some other style. They probably going to add more via fun and AC scratch. It is free to play with pay option for a reason.
Old 2012-07-27, 16:13   Link #116
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I'm a lvl-8 hunter CAST on ship-2 deck 20.

Look out for me =]

Been playing the beta for a couple of days but its been difficult so far mainly because I'm obviously not fluent in Japanese so menu's aside I'm basically guessing about everything else right down to what the quests are...

Regardless of that its enjoyable so far and I really like its fast pacing compared to PSO's of old.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 16:32   Link #117
Seihai
スマイリウム

Hi Drake! Cool, another one from AS on Ship 02. Would you accept my friend request?

Btw. you should use this for Client Orders (and everything else, actually): http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-open-beta-client-orders/

And watch out especially on Block 20 (it happens on other Blocks, too), there are (were?) hackers teleporting people who seem afk (or at least who haven't moved for a while) to outside the ship and those people get banned randomly. And yes, it is very random but there's been a few reports here and there already about being banned out of the blue.

To avoid that, you should better not stay afk or go to a friend's room if you want to or simply log out when you don't play for a bit.
Old 2012-07-27, 17:09   Link #118
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Sure thing =] if i can figure out how too accept it

I've done a few client orders already that I picked up by randomly talking to npc's that have the odd blue text box above their heads, I take it completing them is necessary to proceed on to the different areas ?

I'd heard about the afk trolling but haven't seen it happen myself hopefully its fixed by know but I tend not to afk anyway.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-28, 11:18   Link #119
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I'm a lvl-8 hunter CAST on ship-2 deck 20.
PSO has no CASTs. Only androids or humanoids.

So people are getting banned because of being affected by hackers? That's so unfair.
Old 2012-07-28, 12:22   Link #120
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
PSO has no CASTs. Only androids or humanoids.

So people are getting banned because of being affected by hackers? That's so unfair.
Well at least the servers have more space now, since the most of those long term afk people are logging out these days.
People are being banned, because other gamers reported those afk as hackers, since the characters appear to them in areas that are normally not accessible.

Tags
pc-windows