AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 08:39   Link #1321
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

If the owner of this website doesn't remove this: http://accelworld.me/light-novel/, please rely on it for translations when I blow up Accel World on B-T.

Thank you.

And if I have to say it. Yes, I do find Accel World to be a better story than SAO because I do like how the protagonist has to work his way up as compared to SAO. There are a lot of things I want to say, but honestly, seeing how people are like everything is a given really makes me much more cynical than ever before...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:43   Link #1322
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Now now....SAO community is pretty much a rotten filth heap in various parts too....let's not go there.
SAO has their rotten group, Index has their rotten group (which we call Railgun lol ) , OreImo has their rotten group and pretty much every other major fanbase. But they all have various things to shit on. AW's rotten group on the other hand acts like the only reason people would ever shit on their series is because of a fat protagonist- The whole "woe is us" act.

It's something I really wanted to say for a long time, but I kept it to myself because I believe there's no need to intentionally rain on people's parade.

Then they started verbally attacking translators...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-27 at 09:08.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 08:52   Link #1323
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
If the owner of this website doesn't remove this: http://accelworld.me/light-novel/, please rely on it for translations when I blow up Accel World on B-T.

Thank you.
I love how a site ripping us off is now a potential refuge for fans

Quote:
SAO has their rotten group, Index has their rotten group (which we call Railgun lol ) , OreImo has their rotten group and pretty much every other major fanbase. But they all have various things to shit on. AW's rotten group on the other hand acts like the only reason people would ever shit on their series is because of a fat protagonist- The whole "woe is us" act.

It's something I really wanted to say for a long time, but I kept it to myself because I believe there's no need to intentionally rain on people's parade.

The main reason why people shit on AW....and it's mainly SAO people I find....is simple dick waving inter-series rivalry. Nothing more.

You don't see the fans on 2ch being this unrestrained.

I seriously hate it when one assumes shit and doesn't know how time consuming it is to render something into another language though...
Old 2012-08-27, 08:59   Link #1324
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

True. In this day and age, it feels like everybody is self-entitled to what they want. Why don't they understand that translators are people too and they have their own reasons for not doing a certain work. *sigh*

Quote:
I love how a site ripping us off is now a potential refuge for fans
Is it me or are we having more ripoffs from B-T? First case I heard was from SAO. I am surprised there isn't any ripoff translations of To Aru Majutsu no Index despite its popularity.

We are getting off topic here.
Old 2012-08-27, 09:01   Link #1325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The main reason why people shit on AW....and it's mainly SAO people I find....is simple dick waving inter-series rivalry. Nothing more.

You don't see the fans on 2ch being this unrestrained.

*Shrug*

I guess if we wanted a stress-free hobby, we certainly signed up for the wrong one huh?

Whatever, I'm done blowing off steam. I'm just going to sit back and watch Ping torpedo the whole thing to Hell.

It looks like he certainly lived long enough to become the villain.

(See Ping? I could quote Batman as well )
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 09:32   Link #1326
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
The Beast, armor consciousness, is what I am talking about. Haru lacks battle experience. The best solution for this would be the Beast as one of his level up bonuses. After all, the Beast seems to have a grudging respect for Haru. I am sure the Beast help out Haru one way or another.
If I'm choosing between the beast and the disaster armor. I would pick the armor. Haru might have lesser experience in AW comparing to other players but that doesn't make him a real newbie in the field because his been playing vr games since his a kid or rather his whole life his been playing games

So the fragile Silver Crow really needs that armor. He really lost a lot there when he decided to let it go. He can't possibly hope to win against a king with his current strength.

His abilities
His main ability is his flight ability
then in vol 05? I think he learn a flight technique that lets him fly rapidly and attack continuously which he use when he fought black lotus but in the end he gets cut in half.
other ability is laser sword, laser spear and laser speed but in terms of speed I'm not sure but I think its in yellow legion? the one with lightning speed? not sure on this one.

and onto the super off topic that people blow steams off which results in over 80+ post off topic. I won't say anything but I knew you guys .... and I think you just blow it out of proportions and I won't say much about it but I prefer the year 2011 or before this year. The sudden boom of light novel translation gives me a bad feeling towards the current fans.
Old 2012-08-27, 11:31   Link #1327
kotelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

You can't put everyone in the same bag just for one or two guys...

Quote:

Thank you.
This is the first time I see that site. I know you feel like he's stealing BT's work, but if the guy doesn't want to delete it by his own will (and I doubt he'll ever read all of this), what else can we do?
Life approaches the Imperial Villa
We embrace heaven together

---Two great men, shared life.
kotelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 11:44   Link #1328
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotelo View Post
You can't put everyone in the same bag just for one or two guys...

This is the first time I see that site. I know you feel like he's stealing BT's work, but if the guy doesn't want to delete it by his own will (and I doubt he'll ever read all of this), what else can we do?
First point, I do have to agree with that. However, it's just like school. One person starts a ruckus, everyone gets scolded...

Second point, I got an insult back for my efforts on a certain place...if he/she doesn't want to remove it, we'll let the place get all the attention and be in charge of all the translations...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 11:51   Link #1329
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If I'm choosing between the beast and the disaster armor. I would pick the armor. Haru might have lesser experience in AW comparing to other players but that doesn't make him a real newbie in the field because his been playing vr games since his a kid or rather his whole life his been playing games

So the fragile Silver Crow really needs that armor. He really lost a lot there when he decided to let it go. He can't possibly hope to win against a king with his current strength.

His abilities
His main ability is his flight ability
then in vol 05? I think he learn a flight technique that lets him fly rapidly and attack continuously which he use when he fought black lotus but in the end he gets cut in half.
other ability is laser sword, laser spear and laser speed but in terms of speed I'm not sure but I think its in yellow legion? the one with lightning speed? not sure on this one.
Unfortunately, the armor is out. That's why I said the best option. Remember that Haru's build is based on speed and flight. Essentially, blitz tactics. Haru has skills needed to make the build work. He doesn't need armor. What he needs is the Beast to further complement him. The Beast could act like ADA from ZOE.

Quote:
Second point, I got an insult back for my efforts on a certain place...if he/she doesn't want to remove it, we'll let the place get all the attention and be in charge of all the translations...
Good idea. You guys are the ones doing the translations not them.
Old 2012-08-27, 13:31   Link #1330
Redlar

Quote:
First point, I do have to agree with that. However, it's just like school. One person starts a ruckus, everyone gets scolded...

I doubt the site owner even reads this forum. It would be better to post that on the BT page, though I doubt the owner will care. It's no skin off of their nose if the series doesn't get completed; they're just trying to cash in on the AW wave.

Do all of Haru's attacks rely on the IS rather than in-game skills?
Redlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 13:51   Link #1331
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Let me chine in about this and we can call it a day on that subject.

First thing first, I respect all the translators that bust their butts all of the time to make sure we have something to read and chat about. I am thinking that this is the only site that talks about AW like this in detail and I think that the novel needs alittle bit more love than what it has right now. But that isnt my call (believe me, I will love to proofread it but I got the college thing going on) but I think in time, it will be done. Now I finish that subject, Let talk a crack theory I had.

Spoiler for Crack Theory:
Old 2012-08-27, 14:33   Link #1332
HimekoTachibana
!IuIUmPOLLY

Send a message via MSN to HimekoTachibana
Quote:

I frequent most AW threads and several others besides me can vouch that we didn't even know that site existed until you posted it.

When looking at the internet, especially /a/, you shouldn't take everything that they say at face value. I'm 99% sure the person who responded to the link and insulted you on yesterday's thread isn't even the owner of the website and only purely wanted to insult you to make you angry, because that is what immature high school "trolls" do.

None of us want to rely on an unknown and unreliable source for the AW translations and me and several others don't care which LN you translate first because we will read them regardless. The AW fanbase isn't strictly just Accel World. Many AW fans also like Oda, Hagure, MuvLuv, FMP, etc. so the people who are bashing you and trolling you probably don't even WANT Accel World to become translated. They are just doing it because they are bored or they want to make people frustrated.

I can't speak for the rest of the night time community of /a/ (Past 12am in North America) but I for one am just thankful there are people like you who would translate full novels for free. I know others who have been making threads on /a/ to try and recruit translators to help the efforts, whether or not it's working we'll find out if the LNs get updates.

Lastly, the difference between a classroom full of kids and the internet is that classrooms have set rules and guidelines that affect real life where as if someone is an ass hole or (rotten apple) on the internet, it can't harm them, especially if they don't care.

Please take us who genuinely appreciate your work into consideration. Thank you.

Also, if worst comes to worst, nuke the website?

Last edited by HimekoTachibana; 2012-08-27 at 15:14.
HimekoTachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 07:33   Link #1333
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlar View Post
Do all of Haru's attacks rely on the IS rather than in-game skills?
Actually, he still used his in-game skills.

Spoiler for Skill:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Spoiler for Crack Theory:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2012-08-28, 09:03   Link #1334
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

A question regarding "The Seven Arcs" Enhanced Armaments...

Spoiler for Question:
Old 2012-08-28, 09:15   Link #1335
blackwhite67
Banned

No it's just a rare drop from a high level enemy
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 09:16   Link #1336
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
A question regarding "The Seven Arcs" Enhanced Armaments...

Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2012-08-28, 13:11   Link #1337
churchblue
Banned

Spoiler for Question about Legendary Beasts and God Beasts:
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 13:44   Link #1338
garf02

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
Spoiler for Question about Legendary Beasts and God Beasts: