Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-08-27, 14:33   Link #1
AnimeRat
Wannabe Tsundare

Quest For The Path Of Romance

Good Evening

So as you can see, I have started my quest for experiencing great romantic animes and I need your help to make this dream possible. As we speak there is this huge dark wall called “dubiety”, which blocks all the paths for romantic anime. But with your help I can make my way out of this hole of emptiness and we can together discover the magical world of romantic anime. So what are we exactly looking for?

Main Genre: Romance!

Romance is the most desired and the most wanted genre! Nothing can really make up for a lack of romance. We are looking Adventures for Romantic anime. It doesn’t have to be the main element but there has to be “filling amount of romance.” Towards the end the Romance has to be satisfying and rewarding.

Preferred Genres: Action, Fantasy, Drama, horror and Sci-fi

I really would love to see romance mixed with these genres. Of course the anime don’t have to contain every genre. These genres are more like the signposts which direction you recommendations should be going. They are not even necessary, but anime with at least one of those would be really great.

There is a huge variety of themes I love so be ready for a long list. These themes are only just suggestions and they aren’t the most important things to concentrate. Of course it would bring joy to my heart if you could recommend anime with some of these themes but you don’t really have to.. Also, I love Tsundares so if you can recommend tsundare anime I will send you some melonpan ^^

Themes: Tsundare, Mecha, Magical girls, Samurais, Ninjas, Seriousness, undead beings

About Ending:

Everything from happy to sad its acceptable. Only ending that is not acceptable is Harem Ending. The Romance has to either resolve with spreading love or the protagonist can be drinking in his house to forget his/her broken heart. Things have to resolve and not just left hanging around. Why you ask? Because I might get serious head injury from hitting my head to the wall too many times to forget about that kind of “abomination”

Main lead:

Anything there goes really well with me. Girls and boys are equal for me so no need to worry about that. And if there is something refreshing like by-stander telling the story or like animal telling us the story of its owner definitely recommend me something like that. Hugely appreciated.

Huh, I didn’t mean to build the Eiffel tower from my text but looks like that just happened. Hopefully you could manage to survive from this maze of letters and stay till the very end. So now that the basic information has been told lets see some examples of the anime I liked.

Romance / Drama

Ef – a Tale of memories (+ Melodies) The Memories are above words. No words can describe how awesome I did find it. I loved all the four character and the idea about two stories going on the same time was genius. The Drama of the story was well build and the effects were amazing. But most importantly the romance was pure epicness. “Ef told me more than a tale; it told me the sacred beauty of anime.

Clannad Series – Imagine if someone would first beat you up really badly and when you were at the ground he would split on you. Then he would steal you wallet and your car keys and wreck you car. But still ever after all that you would just hug him with teary eyes and blow down to lick his shoes. If the culprit would be Clannad, I would do that. That it just how good the Clannad is. (Could be the best drama anime out there, romance is a bit lacking.)

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora : - What can I say? This is emotional rollercoaster with in a hospital atmosphere. The characters felt like real people. This anime is really happy, beautiful and sad at the same time. It lets you experience all spectrums of emotions and keep you locked on your chair till the very last minutes. That is what you call experience.

Romance / Fantasy /Action

Zero no Tsukaima – Overall Series - Fascinating mix with romance, action and fantasy. Lovely and cute characters combined with magic + Tsundere! What could come wrong? Yes there were some bad episodes but still overall it was like drinking ice-cold cola after a long hot summer day. It was spicy just for my tastes.

Elemental Gelade – The basic epic story recipe. Hero is on an adventure with his companions. The world is full of surprises. They search for something mystical yet important. The tale about how they grow when they are following the path and developing a certain feelings. Sounds cliché? Yes its definitely its but Elemental Gelade means to be anime like that and personally I love that determination. Even the old can be good.

Romance / Sci-fi

Eureka Seven – Everything what a good mecha anime needs: Good characters (maybe bit young though). Amazing soundtrack and plotline that seriously give you something to think about. The deep and emotional story filled with love story. What more could you possible ask for?

More Information here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Ani...show=0&order=4

Thanks to everyone who is willingly to sacrifice his or her time for this. You have AnimeRat`s humble gratitude and you have earned a lot of respect for yourself.

Yours Faithfully

AnimeRat
AnimeRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 14:41   Link #2
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Let's see what I have:

Ahem:

Why don't you give White Album, and Nana a shot if you're interested. I'm sure they'll have the serious romance drama that you're looking for.

If you liked Ef - Tales of Memories and Clannad than why don't you try Sola.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-08-27 at 14:52.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 14:54   Link #3
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Romance/sci fi/mecha

Steins;Gate and Rahxephon. The former excels in character chemistry and the latter provides the more "dramatic" feel of romance.

Romance/drama

Ginban Kaleidoscope, Honey and Clover, Boys Be, Marmalade Boy, Hanasakeru Seishounen, Bokura ga Ita, Rumbling Hearts. I would say Rumbling Hearts has the most amount of angst, something unavoidable in romance/drama animes. My personal favourites are actually Marmalade Boy, Suzuka, Boys Be, Kare Kano and Saikano, but you have watched the Kare Kano and planning to watch the Saikano. Both are good choices.

Romance/ Fantasy/Action

RomeoxJuliet, Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, and Earl and Fairy. If you like bishounen designs, the last 3 fits what you are searching for. Fushigi Yuugi and Ayashi no Ceres are by the same mangaka, so the character design is very similar. Also, the animes can get very depressing at times, but there is humour.

You might want to take a look at this thread. This classified dude is quite particular, and seems to be certain of what he wants. Perhaps by reading the thread, you can further refine your criteria and come to realize about other aspects that you would like to see in an anime . Also, you might share the same "specification" as him. The thread is organized, so you shouldn't have a hard time reading it.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107800

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2012-08-27 at 15:04.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 15:07   Link #4
Zakoo

Okay here we go brother, as a fellow shipper, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Shakugan no shana in romance/action/fantasy. You talk of tsundare and melonpan? Huhuhuhu
Sola in romance/tragedy
Accel world in romance/action
Sword Art online in romance/action
Kaichou wa maid-sama in romance/comedie
angel Beats in romance/comedie
Aquarion and Aquarion Evol in romance/action/mecha.
Asura cryin in romance/action.
Baka to test to shoukanju in romance/comedie
I heard Ben-to was quite good, but since I didn't watch it I can't judge.
Busou Renkin in romance/action.
Fate stay night in romance/action/fantasy
Crescent love in romance/drama
Dog days, for the cast at least
Dragonaut, I myself didn't like it, but since it has romance, let's go!
Gosick for BEAUTIFUL romance and epic ending.
H20 footsprints in the sand for "I want to cryyy"
Ichigo 100%, a bit of ecchi, but it never hurts for healthy male.
Ikoku meiro no croisée for cuteness, slight romance, or should I say you see romance inside only if you have the soul of a romantic.
Karin, but I prefer the manga. (also called chibi vampire)
Kimi ga nozomu eien.
Koy to senkyou to chocolate.
Kyoukai senjoy no horizon, very hard to understand.
Macross frontier, and the film with.
Mashi-iro symphony.
Myself;yourself
Nodame cantabile ofc, to not see this is a blaspheme.
Nogizaka haruka no himitsu, quite fun, I suggest.
Steins; gates
True Tears
Seto no Hanayome
Sankarea
REC
Mamoru-kun

red as damn epic, to not see this is a sin
blue as quite good, it would be a shame to miss it
green, because it's the only color left, it makes time pass

That's more or less what comes into my mind, there are many others left but my head hurts right now.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:51   Link #5
VampirePaladin

I think you'd like Princess Tutu. It has romance, fantasy and magical girls. All romantic subplots are resolved, even the one involving the talking cat.
VampirePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 20:59   Link #6
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Romance/Drama:

Maison Ikkoku Old granddaddy of anime romance, and still the best around. Especially the ending.

Honey and Clover Someone is going to end with a broken heart.

Cross Game
A great show.

Romance/Fantasy:

A Certain Magical Index: I have the feeling you're going to be a BriBri fan.

Inuyasha Has a lot of filler, but has finally been completed.

Kimagure Orange Road Another one of the classic anime romances.

Katanagatari

Penguindrum A very... symbolism filled show, romance is a big deal

Romance/Sci-Fi:

Crest of the Stars and the sequels Banner of the Stars Very nice and subtle romance combined with a great space opera.

Steins;Gate

Full Metal Panic
More Tsundere goodness.

Romance/Horror

Mirai Nikki Queen of Yandere.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance