AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 02:35   Link #10121
JokerD

Cyclist died after crashing into stationary lorry

For a bit of background, that road is pretty much a straight road beside the airport runway. No idea why he did not see the lorry parked on the road.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 05:15   Link #10122
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Unlikely NY scribe handwrites Good Book in 4 years
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-06-02-41-13
Old 2013-05-06, 05:31   Link #10123
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post

For a bit of background, that road is pretty much a straight road beside the airport runway. No idea why he did not see the lorry parked on the road.
I have no pity for the cyclists over here, in fact I do support the guy who suggested driving a 5-ton over the participants at the cyclathon last year - it is utterly moronic and irresponsible to drive a human-powered, not-well controlled vehicle on a population-dense area, let alone cycling on an over-crowded island with hardly enough room for anyone to move around; not only are you posing as a hazard to yourself, you are posing as a legal hazard to others because your family can sue another person for even the miniscule of accidentally causing you to fall over your bicycle.

Not only that, cyclists pose a large hazard to physically smaller persons, especially children, near school zones. It never ceases to amaze me when the government put up those "dismount and push" signs when they should have posted "No cycling, 6-months jail. $50 reward for first person who reports crime." instead.

Therre should be a cycle-at-your-own-risk law that nullfies all indemnity of motorists to cyclists travelling on any road on their bicycles; there are too many Dukes of Hazard amongst the ranks of cyclists around here.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 06:57   Link #10124
JokerD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I have no pity for the cyclists over here, in fact I do support the guy who suggested driving a 5-ton over the participants at the cyclathon last year - it is utterly moronic and irresponsible to drive a human-powered, not-well controlled vehicle on a population-dense area, let alone cycling on an over-crowded island with hardly enough room for anyone to move around; not only are you posing as a hazard to yourself, you are posing as a legal hazard to others because your family can sue another person for even the miniscule of accidentally causing you to fall over your bicycle.

Not only that, cyclists pose a large hazard to physically smaller persons, especially children, near school zones. It never ceases to amaze me when the government put up those "dismount and push" signs when they should have posted "No cycling, 6-months jail. $50 reward for first person who reports crime." instead.

Therre should be a cycle-at-your-own-risk law that nullfies all indemnity of motorists to cyclists travelling on any road on their bicycles; there are too many Dukes of Hazard amongst the ranks of cyclists around here.
Wo, that's a lot of hate.

I'm a cyclist myself and I find it stupid that some people get killed in that stretch of road since there's a bike path just beside it. The road bikers don't use it since they claim that the other bikers slow them down, to me, that's just elitist.

On pedestrian roads, know that you are borrowing the pedestrian's space and that they come first, you, second. On roads, realize that even if you have right of way, that's not going to help you when you get hit.

And most of all, look where you are going, evidently that's not the case here.

Quote:
Can't argue with that...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 07:25   Link #10125
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Sorcery In The Islamic World:

"Mehdi Taeb, a senior cleric in the Iranian government recently
addressed some students at an Iranian religious school and
explained to them that the major reason so many nations have
gone along with the latest round of sanctions against Iran was
because Israel had been using magic to persuade the leaders
of these nations to back sanctions. Without the Israeli witchcraft,
the sanctions would not exist. Taeb explained that the Israelis
have used this magic before, as in 2009 against Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad when he was running for president. Many Iranians
openly opposed Ahmadinejad, who won anyway. This, to Taeb,
was proof that devout Moslems could defeat the Jewish magic."

See:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/hti.../20130505.aspx
Apparently anti-sorcerers can be teacher in Iran.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 07:44   Link #10126
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Really, Israel with magics ? Do they draw their power from Angels or from God directly ?
Old 2013-05-06, 07:54   Link #10127
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:

I'm a cyclist myself and I find it stupid that some people get killed in that stretch of road since there's a bike path just beside it. The road bikers don't use it since they claim that the other bikers slow them down, to me, that's just elitist.

On pedestrian roads, know that you are borrowing the pedestrian's space and that they come first, you, second. On roads, realize that even if you have right of way, that's not going to help you when you get hit.

And most of all, look where you are going, evidently that's not the case here.
I had been hit multiple times around my area by bicycles on the walking pavements and all I get are glares for "not moving out of the way". When I started working in safety boots, things got better; most cyclists tend to topple when they drive over my feet.

Being a ex-stuntbike lover/hobbyist myself, I think that all cyclists should be forced to take the "basic stuntbiking techniques" course where they have to ride onto grass and hop onto the pavement again, maintain balance while jamming onto their brakes to prevent hitting someone.

Quote:
Can't argue with that...
Either that or make bicycle bells an offence under the "Public Nuisance" act. Still I think bicycles should be totally banned on pavements for 100m around Primary Schools, I live near a couple and I find it unjustified that cyclists can be allowed to get away scot-free after hitting parents/guardians taking their children to or from school.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-05-06, 10:17   Link #10128
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Really, Israel with magics ? Do they draw their power from Angels or from God directly ?
You silly person. Don't you realise magic comes from the devil? XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 12:04   Link #10129
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

texting while biking?
Old 2013-05-06, 13:18   Link #10130
Shyni

Drunk cycling?
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:35   Link #10131
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You silly person. Don't you realise magic comes from the devil? XP
Tell that to the God' seats or the Knight order of Britain in Index . From what I've seen, they sure believe that their power have divine root.
Old 2013-05-06, 23:57   Link #10132
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Apparently anti-sorcerers can be teacher in Iran.
sounds like a plot for some Kamen Rider Wizard episodes
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 04:56   Link #10133
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

To Fund Gaming Habit, Two Teens Steal Electrical Cables
Old 2013-05-07, 05:06   Link #10134
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:

Most probably because he was riding this way.

That's what a cyclist friend of mine speculated.

What can I say? It's a stupid way to die, but my condolences to his family.

As for my opinion of cyclists, I find them annoying and dangerous only when they ride with utter disregard of road traffic rules. Such as riding against the direction of traffic, or failing to signal when switching lanes. Cyclists who don't wear proper protection are also asking for trouble.

Unfortunately, you'll find that most of the offenders are low-income workers. They're often foreigners as well, which makes this a somewhat touchy topic.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 05:17   Link #10135
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Ref's death a consequence of lack of sportsmanship
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-07-03-39-23
Not a bit silly, more of a odd, if not of a WTF new.
Old 2013-05-07, 10:03   Link #10136
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I know la...but then, some moron whizzes past at like 20+ km/h on a pedestrian pavement missing you by inches...

It's really hard not to fling a rock at them afterwards.

There's simple safety rules like riding slowly in pedestrian heavy areas and regularly sounding your bell.

Quote:
Unfortunately, you'll find that most of the offenders are low-income workers. They're often foreigners as well, which makes this a somewhat touchy topic.
In my area it's idiotic middle school kids.....the foreign workers actually ride safer than them.
Old 2013-05-09, 01:42   Link #10137
willx
Nyaaan~~

Man gets attacked by bear: Wins fight and protects family

When the bear began bounding toward them Toby yelled to his wife and kids to get behind him and not to run.

As the bear attacked Toby stuck his spotting scope attached to a 6-foot long tripod into the bear's mouth. The bear swatted and broke the scope off. Armed now with just the tripod he used it to hit the bear in the face. The bear continued and batted the tripod from his hands.

Then it was just Toby between the bear and his family. "At that point, I made physical contact. All I could do was put my left arm up. Then its mouth clamped down on my forearm. So I remember hitting it in the face with my right arm." said Toby.

After several frightening moments the clash suddenly ended when the bear gave up and ran off.

http://www.newswire.net/newsroom/fin...earattack.html
Old 2013-05-09, 05:34   Link #10138
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Brazilian woman survives harpoon shooting
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...05-08-20-54-50
Quote:
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) -- A 28-year-old woman miraculously survived after her husband accidentally shot her in the mouth with a harpoon, Brazilian officials said Wednesday.
Old 2013-05-09, 06:11   Link #10139
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Man gets attacked by bear: Wins fight and protects family

When the bear began bounding toward them Toby yelled to his wife and kids to get behind him and not to run.

As the bear attacked Toby stuck his spotting scope attached to a 6-foot long tripod into the bear's mouth. The bear swatted and broke the scope off. Armed now with just the tripod he used it to hit the bear in the face. The bear continued and batted the tripod from his hands.

Then it was just Toby between the bear and his family. "At that point, I made physical contact. All I could do was put my left arm up. Then its mouth clamped down on my forearm. So I remember hitting it in the face with my right arm." said Toby.

After several frightening moments the clash suddenly ended when the bear gave up and ran off.

http://www.newswire.net/newsroom/fin...earattack.html
I am sure this is a case of mistaken intention. The bear just wants to say hi and play with his kids.

Old 2013-05-09, 15:27   Link #10140
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am sure this is a case of mistaken intention. The bear just wants to say hi and play with his kids.
I think you're mistaken it for the wrong bear here.

Tags
humor