AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-18, 08:52   Link #201
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
While I love reading backgrounds and character specifics, I suppose what irks me the most about them is that I can never remember which page such-and-such character's most-recent updated background is on, and I can barely keep track of who owns which character.

Anyone have an easier way? Apart from copy-and-paste into a text file (and losing all formatting like bold and such)?

While it might be hard for those who create multiple characters, why not do what Kha (and I eventully) do, simply ad a link in the signature?
Old 2007-05-18, 10:06   Link #202
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I thought the seats was Board of Directors which Carim has a position in, not seats of commandership. I don't think Carim possesses any military powers in Mid-childa, just self autonomy of Belka.

....Maybe. If I have the time, just maybe I'll do my fanon modification of a canon character, namely my favourite Gil Graham. Maybe I'll make it so his real name was Gilbert Graham or something. :{
- Being the 'governor' of Velka State/VAR, Carim automatically has a seat in the BoDir, which is also the seats for the command- that's why she has Tier3 authorization to unlock limiters.

- Do the fanon and wait for authorization heheh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Interesting backgrounds here, would explain why despite being more of a military organization, the TSAB somehow uses civilian terminology (clerks). Although a concrete timeline would make this background much better IMHO GJ btw.
- i'll churn that out in due time- because, i still have to clarify things.

Quote:
While I love reading backgrounds and character specifics, I suppose what irks me the most about them is that I can never remember which page such-and-such character's most-recent updated background is on, and I can barely keep track of who owns which character.

Anyone have an easier way? Apart from copy-and-paste into a text file (and losing all formatting like bold and such)?
- i have enough mental capacity to do things and remember all the details

- just incase i go insane, i have soft copies of my data and some established lines- i'll share them one day.
Old 2007-05-18, 10:11   Link #203
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

On the problem of finding profiles: It might be easier for the creators, especially ones with multiple characters or profiles, to compile their works into a single file that can then be posted into a single post link in the future, to keep the profiles organized. Having soft copies handy is also a good thing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-18, 10:15   Link #204
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

I made a siggy out of it, but haven't compiled the new elements together because of the BLUE CHEESE BOMB it'll become. They will once the third OVA is up. I'll load the refined skill tree (and the henshins of both barrier jackets hopefully) tomorrow morning. I feel like a ton of bricks now...
Old 2007-05-18, 10:20   Link #205
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Maybe when this thread goes hyper-explosion, we could get Kha and Skyfall to modify their opening post to cram in post-links to particular character, universe, trivias, etc of posters by alphabetical order or something.

Since from the looks of things, things may get more messy as we've went from mere characters to devices to vapourfics to trivias to even universal expansions. I'm sure there's more of Device-talks, OVAs in the near future and stuff from all sides of the ball park, and I still have Ancient Belka Lost History Part 2,3, and 4, accompanying character data in that expansion along with Gilbert Graham : ~ A Classical Story.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-18, 10:25   Link #206
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

That's a pretty good idea there: it'll give us a quick place with which to look up character profiles at a glance. Not sure on Skyfall, but fortunately Kha got the second post. What do you think der Kleriker, would you mind?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-18, 10:34   Link #207
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's a pretty good idea there: it'll give us a quick place with which to look up character profiles at a glance. Not sure on Skyfall, but fortunately Kha got the second post. What do you think der Kleriker, would you mind?
Yeah it's a good idea and I'm cool on it. Frees me up to do another Liquid Bluecheese Bomb later too.
Old 2007-05-18, 11:15   Link #208
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Awesome, make it a collosal gooey one

Anyways, to do what you preach, here's Kaylin's scattered Profile compiled in a single post, including the most recent bits, and minor updates to the old profile. Will also be updating this post whenever more character info is posted, whether on Kay or another character.

Starting off, The Biography of Kaylin "Kay" Mathis, massive edition

Edit:

Her Portrait:

Spoiler for Kaylin Mathis:

Spoiler for Biography of Kaylin Mathis:

Last edited by LoweGear; 2007-07-13 at 03:52.
Old 2007-05-18, 12:25   Link #209
Meophist

I'll try to actually make a character now:
Spoiler for length:
Strange, it's not letting me capitalize the 'a' in "about".

Last edited by Meophist; 2007-06-18 at 14:25. Reason: Minor change; Added Temp Name
Old 2007-05-18, 12:45   Link #210
Lelouch
Phaeton

@ Meophist

hmmm dark blue hair and yellow eyes reminds me of a cat or rather a panther...

Last edited by Lelouch; 2007-05-18 at 12:45. Reason: sp
Old 2007-05-18, 15:56   Link #211
Tatsumiko
*Artist

This is becoming a thing just like the sonic-fancharacter cult right? (wich is now getting pretty much out of hand -_-")
Old 2007-05-18, 16:18   Link #212
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
@LoweGear: Woo, thanks for consolidating Kay's backstory and stats. For some reason it was taking me something like one out of three tries to find it in this thread.

@Meophist: Not decided on a name yet? I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing the Lunar System, but I suppose I just need to sleep on it for a bit or something.
Old 2007-05-18, 16:34   Link #213
Meophist

Quote:
@Meophist: Not decided on a name yet?
I was actually planning on keeping her nameless, but should she have a name?
Old 2007-05-18, 16:51   Link #214
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumiko View Post
This is becoming a thing just like the sonic-fancharacter cult right? (wich is now getting pretty much out of hand -_-")
Well, I see it as a healthy part of fandom. We're fans enough of the series to want to create characters for its setting; it's a fan-related activity. It's what fans do.

And it's a lot of fun, honestly speaking. Much better than being bored or burned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I was actually planning on keeping her nameless, but should she have a name?
A name or another such moniker would probably be helpful. A nickname, perhaps, or a title. Otherwise, we have to refer to her as "Meophist's character" (or, if you make more, "Meophist's first female character in the thread on page 11").

Even calling her Nameless would be giving her a name, or at least a nickname. Also, it's almost essential if you want to actually write something with her in it; I've tried writing a story without naming the main character, and I found that significant characters need to be referred to by something, even if it's just a rank or title. Generic nouns tend to be too vague.
Old 2007-05-18, 16:59   Link #215
Meophist

Hrmm… I'll think about it(I hate thinking up of names).
Old 2007-05-18, 17:46   Link #216
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Quote:
Hrmm… I'll think about it(I hate thinking up of names).
Well, like I said, she doesn't need to have an actual name (that is revealed to the reader) immediately. A relatively unique identifier is all that is needed, for immense convenience.

Heck, you can call her Yellow-Eyes if you want.
Old 2007-05-18, 18:21   Link #217
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
I'll try to actually make a character now:
Spoiler for length:
Strange, it's not letting me capitalize the 'a' in "about".
Smooth character there Meophist! She seems to be a rather interesting girl, but having her nameless will be a bit complicated no?
Old 2007-05-18, 19:04   Link #218
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Smooth character there Meophist! She seems to be a rather interesting girl, but having her nameless will be a bit complicated no?
Alright, I get it. For now, let's call her "Libra" until I can think of an actual name.

Edit: And thanks.
Old 2007-05-18, 19:30   Link #219
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Alright, I get it. For now, let's call her "Libra" until I can think of an actual name.

Edit: And thanks.
Lol. Sure, but she is interesting .
Old 2007-05-18, 19:45   Link #220
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Lol. Sure, but she is interesting .
Thanks, but may I ask what part? I actually tried to make her a little ordinary, so perhaps I failed. Not really a bad thing though.
Closed Thread