AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-12-25, 11:35   Link #6821
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

No, it isn’t the only logical conclusion. Is the one that will explain, kind of, what is happening but again, we could assume the other way as well.

And yes, the Dividers can only be use by an Eclipse Driver, but is show that those devices are the ones who can break magic links. I mean Cypha herself was cut by a magic attack by Signum before she react and then she was no longer vulnerable to those. I am just saying that, all things consider, it is possible and if you knew so much is in risk you could at least try. Again, just an idea.

Is up to the author to see what is going to happen next.
Old 2012-12-25, 13:48   Link #6822
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

You should keep in mind that when Cypha lost her arm, magic wasn't the only factor. Yes, there was magical flames everywhere... but underneath all those magical flames was a very sharp physical sword. So that's why she lost her arm; not because of the magic. Case in point, the attack damaged Laevatein to a degree.
Old 2012-12-25, 14:40   Link #6823
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

But it did work and Signum only notice the magic not working when Cypha react. Besides Laevatein break because Cypha's body is to hard and can take blows like it was made of iron. Eclipse Drivers can change their muscle structure to resist impacts, that is why normal weapons don't affect them. With the anti-magic of the Dividers they have even more power.
Old 2012-12-25, 19:19   Link #6824
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansker View Post
Eclipse Drivers can change their muscle structure to resist impacts, that is why normal weapons don't affect them.
You're guessing. We have no evidence of this. You're the one who wants to be shown every little detail before we can assume it as truth, so there is no way you can believe something like this.

Last edited by Kaijo; 2012-12-25 at 19:34.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 23:24   Link #6825
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

That's exactly why it should be spelt out clearly. I think you and I have been on the Net long enough to know that a hell lot of "debate" would not exist if authors would bother to be clear with their details and yields.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 23:34   Link #6826
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Indeed, since we are left with nothing but that: guessing.

We have little evidence of a lot of things to be fair. Some aren’t important, some might be important and some aren’t address for other reasons. We can’t be sure of anything if there isn’t a solid proof and even there is always open to interpretation. I do think what I say is possible, but since it hasn’t been tested there is no way to say it isn’t. As well as the other theory is possible as well.
Old 2012-12-26, 00:09   Link #6827
Kaijo
Banned

You do realize this is Nanoha? With 1001 separate manuals, and booklets, and sound stages, and manga, etc.? We'll get answers to the minor questions, like exactly what Cypha/eclipse people do to magic weapons, eventually.

We're on episode 7, remember? Patience.

Sometimes, I really feel like there is a bunch of kids in the back seat going, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

/sigh
Old 2012-12-26, 01:01   Link #6828
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I think this is more like episode 8, but what I am saying is fact: there are some details missing. And I like it best when the story can give us the clues we need rather than searching on the "manual" that is included with each set of DVDs and manga ($ *Cha chin!*$) I needed to do that, couldn’t help it.

But until we get such explanations we will wonder about it. And I still refuse to be patient when they left 2 months and a half on story time go by without any incident. Because on this logic, right on the middle of episodes 6 and 7 there is time skip that I don’t think is well place.

And don’t blame the kids, Kaijo, the trip is boring.
Old 2012-12-26, 01:40   Link #6829
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
The thing is that we don't even have to really pay for this 'trip'. We don't even buy the actual manga magazines or volumes.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 11:07   Link #6830
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Indeed but this manga sell on Japan, where they do have to pay for it. Besides that was just a joke.

I still consider that the extra reading should not be needed to explain the story and should be a deeper look in to the Nanoha universe. Which it is, I agree, but I just don’t like the idea of expressing useful information on such extras rather than in the story itself. Even if it is for free
Old 2012-12-26, 11:11   Link #6831
Kaijo
Banned

Yasanagi brings up a good point. I'm reminded of the outcry over changes that free services like Facebook makes.

"OMG! How DARE they not tailor this free service they are providing to me, to my exact specifications! What? pay for it? Have you gone mad?"

In fact, there was a brouhaha over Instagram lately, that XKCD captures nicely: http://xkcd.com/1150/

People love to complain. It's human nature, and I'm not immune, either. But whinging over something you are given for free, ie, "What? You want to give me this free piece of bread? But... it's a day old!" really strikes me as, well, not terribly enlightened.

And yes, as an anime critic, I am well aware I come close to this. But there is a difference between being critical, and whinging. True criticism doesn't really come into play until after the play/movie/series/etc is over. Can't really judge a book by it's cover, nor even by the first few chapters. Need to see the whole.
Old 2012-12-26, 11:21   Link #6832
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
In response to Sansker: I can share that sentiment. I find it annoying how certain story elements or even one major story is told only through Drama CDs but then again, they are cheaper to produce than anime and they probably generate higher profit margins than DVD sales.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 11:26   Link #6833
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Again, I just say that the extra material should not be crucial to the plot. I don’t care about it and I do like to know more.

Well, yes, you need to see the whole but it doesn’t mean that the parts have to be bad or that you can’t criticize certain parts of a history. It might look weird now and, as you always say Kaijo, we still need time but I do believe we can say what we thing about the story as this goes on.

After all if a manga or anime starts weak is not going to keep people interest on it for long, right? And you are not willing to giving it a change. To be honest I did like Force at the start. It really look good back then.
Old 2012-12-26, 14:21   Link #6834
Kaijo
Banned

In season 1, Nanoha's Starlight Breaker was crucial to the plot, both in her having it, and how it works. Neither one was addressed in the course of the show(same with the A's upgrade). You needed to turn to extra materials to discover why Nanoha was able to shoot so much magic. And yet, those were the best seasons, according to you.

For better or worse, Nanoha is one of those series. For the record, I'm not entirely partial to how they are doing things, but them's the breaks. So before you get upset about the lack of details about the mechanics of things,recognize they've done this before... in Season 1. Hucks and the Eclipse ain't much different from Starlight Breaker.
Old 2012-12-26, 19:23   Link #6835
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
They're not much different? Eclipse is to virus, as Hucks is to gangstas, as Starlight Breaker is to spell
Old 2012-12-26, 21:25   Link #6836
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

The point of the SLB was just meant as a tool. Nanoha had a super spell to use against Fate, it could be anything and really wasn't all that important. What matter there was if Nanoha could beat Fate and then reach out for her.

But Force does play with more science-fiction elements which always requires some details to work. Is fiction but also science. I am not upset at the lack of details, just mention it and how does plays a role here, while in the past was easier to get away with it. If you do bring new elements in to the mix then you better make sure they fit the present formula or expand it. That is why I am not that happy of how things works on Force.
Old 2012-12-26, 21:39   Link #6837
Kaijo
Banned

And the Eclipse and the dividers are just tools. They are just the things that make the bad guys a threat to our heroes.

And Nanoha has always had sci-fi. Hell, that's part of the reason S1 made waves, is because a magical girl show had technological weapons and space ships. But that's not surprising, since Tsuzuki is a fan of Super Robot Wars and Gundam, and thus those influences play heavily in all his references.
Old 2012-12-26, 21:54   Link #6838
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I do know about Super Robot Wars and Gundam but not everything he take from those and put on Nanoha work well.

The Eclipse isn't as the SLB at all. And I don't mean just because virus and spell but most as plot elements. The thins is this: the SLB isn't important. The Eclipse is important. Why? Because really when the SLB is use the fact there was Nanoha beating Fate, how wasn't as important as the consequences of such defeat for both characters. The Eclipse on the other hand is what start this whole mess. Is the thing that made the villains actually villains and that get our heroes worry about it. So really isn't just a thing is THE thing and it would need a little more of details.
Old 2012-12-26, 21:57   Link #6839
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

I wonder if we can move the discussion on and stop arguing about the same things over and over...

And Sansker, Nanoha isn't the first franchise to have background info given in ancillary material not easily accessable outside (and sometimes inside!) Japan. (Tenchi Muyo! is one of these)

EDIT: if the details of the Eclpise virus isn't given in any outside media, then we'll eventually see it in the Force manga itself (hopefully!).
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 21:59   Link #6840
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I know, when did I say it was?

Tags
manga, nanoha force