Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-15, 10:28   Link #14181
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Lasagna is the best food ever.

But maybe that's my Italian side talking.
Old 2011-06-15, 10:31   Link #14182
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Lasagna is the best food ever.

But maybe that's my Italian side talking.
Lasagna is indeed delicious, especially when it's done properly Pasta's also very easy to make, which is prolly why it's everyone's favorite, tho I do love Pizza just as much
Old 2011-06-15, 10:49   Link #14183
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Pasta = awesome.

It's best to keep it in moderation of course.
Old 2011-06-15, 10:54   Link #14184
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
I can understand why a claim from China over the Parasels islands could hold but the Scarborough and Spartlys islands ? It's over the 200 nautical mile and way closer of other countries than claim them.
Old 2011-06-15, 11:46   Link #14185
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I can understand why a claim from China over the Parasels islands could hold but the Scarborough and Spartlys islands ? It's over the 200 nautical mile and way closer of other countries than claim them.
the claim is base on a map of the region form the Wu dynasty during the Three Kingdom Era. The Wu had sent explore down to this region and had it map. Whether they actually claim it or not is open to interpretation but China is interpreting it like the Wu's did claim it.
Old 2011-06-15, 11:53   Link #14186
AnimeFan188

Pakistan Arrests C.I.A. Informants in Bin Laden Raid

"Pakistan’s top military spy agency has arrested some of the Pakistani informants
who fed information to the Central Intelligence Agency in the months leading up
to the raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden, according to American
officials."

Pakistan’s detention of five C.I.A. informants, including a Pakistani Army major
who officials said copied the license plates of cars visiting Bin Laden’s compound
in Abbottabad, Pakistan, in the weeks before the raid, is the latest evidence of
the fractured relationship between the United States and Pakistan."

See:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/15/wo...pagewanted=all

Our pals, the Pakistanis.
Old 2011-06-15, 12:20   Link #14187
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying ^ View Post
it's not just k-pop... it's the entertainment industry there as a whole

you know you've dug enough if you knew what happened to Jang Ja-yeon...
It's not like Japan is any better..... I would personally say it's worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
the claim is base on a map of the region form the Wu dynasty during the Three Kingdom Era. The Wu had sent explore down to this region and had it map. Whether they actually claim it or not is open to interpretation but China is interpreting it like the Wu's did claim it.
It's sad that our nice Han Chinese neighbors just can't let go when they need to. They might as well claim Vietnam and Mongolia while they're at it.
Old 2011-06-15, 12:27   Link #14188
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

It's sad that our nice Han Chinese neighbors just can't let go when they need to.
Anyway it has also been claim as Chinese Territory on various maps in China form over the last 2000 years.

Btw is Japan going to give up control of Okinawa and restore it is historic sovereignty until the Japanese Invasion form the last 19th century?

Quote:
They might as well claim Vietnam and Mongolia while they're at it.
Well China does have historical claim to Northern Vietnam form the Chin Dynasty.
Old 2011-06-15, 13:42   Link #14189
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Anyway it has also been claim as Chinese Territory on various maps in China form over the last 2000 years.
Of which dynasties, and under whose specific control?

Quote:
Btw is Japan going to give up control of Okinawa and restore it is historic sovereignty until the Japanese Invasion form the last 19th century?
Except that the majority of the people there consider themselves as Japanese, never mind that unlike the islands in the South China Sea, the sovereignty is not disputed.

Quote:
Well China does have historical claim to Northern Vietnam form the Chin Dynasty.
And your point is? Vietnam is an independent nation, with a rather strong anti-Chinese sentiment.
Old 2011-06-15, 13:46   Link #14190
AnimeFan188

More on our pals, the Pakistanis.

"The New York Times says that Pakistani is increasingly unwilling to monitor or let
US assets monitor al-Qaeda activities inside Pakistan. They are now threatening
to shut down the drone program. “It is the future of the drone program that is a
particular worry for the C.I.A. American officials said that during his meetings in
Pakistan last week, Mr. Panetta was particularly forceful about trying to get
Pakistani officials to allow armed drones to fly over even wider areas in the
northwest tribal regions. But the C.I.A. is already preparing for the worst:
relocating some of the drones from Pakistan to a base in Afghanistan, where they
can take off and fly east across the mountains and into the tribal areas, where
terrorist groups find safe haven.”"

See:

http://pajamasmedia.com/richardferna...d-countersign/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linchpin in hunt for bin Laden back with al-Qaida:

"A key al-Qaida operative returned to Pakistan by the CIA after he gave the U.S.
information that eventually led to the location of Osama bin Laden has since rejoined al-
Qaida, U.S. officials say.

The agency returned Hassan Ghul to Pakistan not long after the CIA closed its
remaining secret prisons in Eastern Europe in 2006.

The CIA had been given assurances that Ghul, a native of Pakistan, would not go free.
But Pakistan failed to keep its word. Ghul was let go and later rejoined al-Qaida,
angering the CIA officers who worked so hard to take him off the battlefield, according
to former and current U.S. intelligence officials."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110615/...laden_linchpin

Last edited by AnimeFan188; 2011-06-15 at 14:09.
Old 2011-06-15, 14:55   Link #14191
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
They might as well claim Vietnam and Mongolia while they're at it.
Actually I'm pretty sure they tried that once before.
Old 2011-06-15, 15:00   Link #14192
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Actually I'm pretty sure they tried that once before.
Not try, if it wasn't for the Russian, China STILL would be in control of the whole not just the Outer Mongolia currently.

Quote:
Of which dynasties, and under whose specific control?
The Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasty all claim the islands
Old 2011-06-15, 17:21   Link #14193
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Not try, if it wasn't for the Russian, China STILL would be in control of the whole not just the Outer Mongolia currently.
Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to tell what would have happened given the Republic of China's crumbling rule over its "frontier" territories of Mongolia, Turkistan, and Tibet. I would say that there was a high possibility China could have been stuck in the Warlord Period for a long time, given the volatile political situation at the time

Oh, and never mind that the only time the Han Chinese had Mongolia was during the Tang dynasty, with all others stemming from the foreign northern dynasties.

Quote:
The Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasty all claim the islands
It depends on what we mean by claim. There are quite a few instances where the islands were just added to the map, and this doesn't even consider how there were Vietnamese maps that also laid claim to the islands. Frankly, the inaccuracy of the records concerning this part of the world makes all this claiming absurd in my view.
Old 2011-06-15, 17:49   Link #14194
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Actually, ROC still claims mongolia. Only the PRC dropped the claim.

Also, all these islands are uninhabitted. They should just split the region up by where it's closest to. Vietnam gets the west, philipines the east, Malaysia/brunei the south and China some of the north.
Old 2011-06-15, 18:00   Link #14195
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
"The New York Times says that Pakistani is increasingly unwilling to monitor or let
US assets monitor al-Qaeda activities inside Pakistan. They are now threatening
to shut down the drone program. “It is the future of the drone program that is a
particular worry for the C.I.A. American officials said that during his meetings in
Pakistan last week, Mr. Panetta was particularly forceful about trying to get
Pakistani officials to allow armed drones to fly over even wider areas in the
northwest tribal regions. But the C.I.A. is already preparing for the worst:
relocating some of the drones from Pakistan to a base in Afghanistan, where they
can take off and fly east across the mountains and into the tribal areas, where
terrorist groups find safe haven.”"

See:

http://pajamasmedia.com/richardferna...d-countersign/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linchpin in hunt for bin Laden back with al-Qaida:

"A key al-Qaida operative returned to Pakistan by the CIA after he gave the U.S.
information that eventually led to the location of Osama bin Laden has since rejoined al-
Qaida, U.S. officials say.

The agency returned Hassan Ghul to Pakistan not long after the CIA closed its
remaining secret prisons in Eastern Europe in 2006.

The CIA had been given assurances that Ghul, a native of Pakistan, would not go free.
But Pakistan failed to keep its word. Ghul was let go and later rejoined al-Qaida,
angering the CIA officers who worked so hard to take him off the battlefield, according
to former and current U.S. intelligence officials."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110615/...laden_linchpin
I dunno.. time to start going to more dinners with our Indian allies? I don't see where the Pakistani government is even remotely aligned with our interests. It'd be more effective and cheaper to just buy off the Pakistani enemy elements and tell the government to go stuff itself with the incoming fire. This is a classic demonstration of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is a cake lie.
Old 2011-06-15, 18:11   Link #14196
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I dunno.. time to start going to more dinners with our Indian allies? I don't see where the Pakistani government is even remotely aligned with our interests. It'd be more effective and cheaper to just buy off the Pakistani enemy elements and tell the government to go stuff itself with the incoming fire. This is a classic demonstration of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" is a cake lie.
pakistan is a fail station. it is only held together by us money and hatred of india. Take either on eaway and there would be nothing left.

i would go ahead buy individual units in the pakistan army. Kill this many insurgents and i will paid this much. by pass the middleman (Pak gov and general staff) and go straight to the troops on the ground.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-06-15 at 18:31.
Old 2011-06-15, 19:41   Link #14197
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

This is just awful.

Ding-Dong-Ditch Shooting: Michael Bishop Of Louisville Charged With Shooting 12-Year-Old Over Prank

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...ec1_lnk3|70903

How terrible. The kid is in terrible condition. This man who assualted him opened fire on him with a shotgun (!) for ringing his door bell and then running away. The kid is only 12. I hope this man goes to prison for the rest of his life. He will get eaten alive in prison for his crime, too. I'm not saying I delight in that fact. I do want him to go to prison. Just saying, he really is going to be eaten alive for attempted murder on a kid.
Old 2011-06-15, 19:49   Link #14198
mysterious

Are nuclear weapons falling into the hands of the extremists and access to Afghanistan the only reasons the US still bothers with Pakistan? Because I couldnt think of anything else. Beside with how competent the Pakistan government works in those recent events, I think the extremists would get their hands on the nuclear weapons sometimes down the road anyway, even if the US continues to give the Pakistan money.
Old 2011-06-15, 20:26   Link #14199
flying ^

Quote:
pakistan is a fail station. it is only held together by us money and hatred of india. Take either on eaway and there would be nothing left.
nah... they got China to fall back on
Old 2011-06-15, 22:25   Link #14200
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

North, south Sudan clash before split.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...75E5HC20110615
Quote:
South Sudan's army said it clashed with northern troops in the disputed Abyei border region on Wednesday, in the latest sign of deteriorating relations in the build-up to the secession of the south in July.
It was too good to be true...

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international