AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-12-18, 14:33   Link #4641
GusGus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ugh, Someone needs to teach Kubo how scaling works.
Do you mean scaling in a shonen manga? 'cause Kubo seems to get that right.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 15:28   Link #4642
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
A million times this...

I know there has to be a passing of the guard and all, but for fucks sake man...
I know how you feel about this. My reaction was the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
What are you on about, everyone knows that he is the Spirit King. :P

I wonder what Urahara's bankai will be like. Seeing how he stated in the past that his bankai is not good for training people.
My bad

Its probably good for killing people. If I recall right his Benehime dealt with blood and what not right> When he was training Ichigo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm pretty certain he is the spirit king. it's like undercover boss, soul society style
That would be a pleasant surprise imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
Do you mean scaling in a shonen manga? 'cause Kubo seems to get that right.
I don't think so. The whole Renji thing was wacky to me and others.
Old 2013-12-18, 16:46   Link #4643
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I would have loved that chapter a couple of years ago, but making Renji cool right before the end is just bs.. it's way too late to redeem this character.

I better prepare myself for uber-Rukia

oh boy am I butthurt, why can't we have a Vizard being awesome for a change? aside from Hachi we haven't seen and will most likely never see a Vizard putting up a good fight

Mashiro hammered Wonderweiss for a while
Kensei saved Mashiro from Wonderweiss
Shinji trolled Grimjaw with a Cero
.. and that's pretty much it when I think of cool Vizard moments
Old 2013-12-18, 18:26   Link #4644
saravis

So let me get this straight, Renji, with just shikai, utterly pwned an enemy that two veteran captains couldn't beat with bankai. I can't decide if I should applaud Renji or laugh at the captains. I guess this means that Renji has been upgraded from Krillin.
Old 2013-12-18, 18:33   Link #4645
sayde

Quote:
i dunno. i think the quicker the end of it the better. let's just cut our losses the past few chapters and hope for a better fight next time
This is so disappointing and anti-climactic, that I'm willing to give this a couple more chapters if it means Rose and Kensei can save face by ending things on a high(er) note. I mean this may very well be the last fight they ever get to themselves. So what a horrible way to end things if that's the case.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 20:54   Link #4646
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
you want urahara to be used for a measuring stick for showing rukia off? xD
Yep pretty much. Lets not forget her Bankai and how she has improved her shikai kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
My bad

Its probably good for killing people. If I recall right his Benehime dealt with blood and what not right> When he was training Ichigo?
Yh it has something to do with blood. Maybe it can work hand in hand with Unohana's bankai. I'm pretty sure most bankai's are good for killing people.

Calling it Renji will be teaming up with 69 and the other 2 guys that got knocked out to fight the wrestler in his final form thing. Where we proceed to learn that by killing James he goes into his final form. Creating more James in the process.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 20:56   Link #4647
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
What are you on about, everyone knows that he is the Spirit King. :P

I wonder what Urahara's bankai will be like. Seeing how he stated in the past that his bankai is not good for training people.
Its a sadist princess!

When is Yoruichi going to make a apperance?
Old 2013-12-18, 21:54   Link #4648
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I would have loved that chapter a couple of years ago, but making Renji cool right before the end is just bs.. it's way too late to redeem this character.

I better prepare myself for uber-Rukia

oh boy am I butthurt, why can't we have a Vizard being awesome for a change? aside from Hachi we haven't seen and will most likely never see a Vizard putting up a good fight

Mashiro hammered Wonderweiss for a while
Kensei saved Mashiro from Wonderweiss
Shinji trolled Grimjaw with a Cero
.. and that's pretty much it when I think of cool Vizard moments
Yeah the vizards wre hyped so much in the beginning. And I even like 4 of them more than Renji. Even though Love is too flamboyant imo . But w/e.

The only ones who can redeem the situation of the vizards are Love, Hachi, & possibly Shinji. Don't count on it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
So let me get this straight, Renji, with just shikai, utterly pwned an enemy that two veteran captains couldn't beat with bankai. I can't decide if I should applaud Renji or laugh at the captains. I guess this means that Renji has been upgraded from Krillin.
Also don't forget that those vizards were captains for around 70 years give or taken before becoming vizards and had 110 years more to train before we see Renji being a VC for 40 years.

So 180 years of captain level power vs 42 years of VC level power. Few days later...

BAM! Hes senior captain level. Wtf?

P.S. Also the boost by hollow powers.

Kubo could have just chosen 2 other captains or close to captain level. Like Ikkau & Toshiro.

And hell since bankais aren't so rare anymore might have as well have made Yumichika have one too if those guys both went down and THEN Renji came in and owned MDM like that. Would have been well written (and executed) imo. With the scaling and everything.
Old 2013-12-18, 21:58   Link #4649
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Yep pretty much. Lets not forget her Bankai and how she has improved her shikai kills.

Yh it has something to do with blood. Maybe it can work hand in hand with Unohana's bankai. I'm pretty sure most bankai's are good for killing people.

Calling it Renji will be teaming up with 69 and the other 2 guys that got knocked out to fight the wrestler in his final form thing. Where we proceed to learn that by killing James he goes into his final form. Creating more James in the process.

She has a bankai now too? Figures. I doubt it I suspect MDM will go volstanding and Renji will go bankai play around a bit before one or two shitting him and going ot help others. Just to be stopped by Ywach who one-shots him.

Yeah he will probably team up with Hisagi. Since Ikkau's thing is broken.
Old 2013-12-18, 23:18   Link #4650
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

About the only way this scaling issue can be resolved at this point is if we see Mask come back and trollkill Renji with his Vollständig, then start celebrating with a recovered James, then we cut to Rose and Renji standing and watching a catatonic Mask, and find out that the whole last few chapters have been the effects of Rose's "Ein Heldenleben" ("A Hero's Life") that we thought Mask had avoided. One coup de grace later, we move on.
Old 2013-12-18, 23:44   Link #4651
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
About the only way this scaling issue can be resolved at this point is if we see Mask come back and trollkill Renji with his Vollständig, then start celebrating with a recovered James, then we cut to Rose and Renji standing and watching a catatonic Mask, and find out that the whole last few chapters have been the effects of Rose's "Ein Heldenleben" ("A Hero's Life") that we thought Mask had avoided. One coup de grace later, we move on.
This could work too but it seems too much of a similar ability to Aizen's imo.

Unless Aizen is already out (which may be true going by the chapter NIGHT RIGHT) & has assisted Kensin & Rose not get knocked out. And is aiding the Soul reaper on the sidelines. Waiting for his moment to strike.
Old 2013-12-19, 02:36   Link #4652
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
This could work too but it seems too much of a similar ability to Aizen's imo.

Unless Aizen is already out (which may be true going by the chapter NIGHT RIGHT) & has assisted Kensin & Rose not get knocked out. And is aiding the Soul reaper on the sidelines. Waiting for his moment to strike.
Normally, I absolutely hate the "Bobby Ewing" plot device, but given Aizen's abilities and demeanor, it would actually make sense for him to show up eventually, having been "hiding in plain sight", duping one side (and/)or the other (and by extension the audience) while affecting some of the outcomes.

Speaking of Aizen, I still feel we're going to eventually find out that he doesn't have (and never has had) a Bankai. His Shikai is already at a level of haxx way above your average Captain's Bankai, and it would explain so much about his nature and motivations...
Old 2013-12-19, 12:16   Link #4653
shalala

Quote:
She has a bankai now too? Figures. I doubt it I suspect MDM will go volstanding and Renji will go bankai play around a bit before one or two shitting him and going ot help others. Just to be stopped by Ywach who one-shots him.

Yeah he will probably team up with Hisagi. Since Ikkau's thing is broken.
Nope she doesn't have one as of yet but you never know. I was guessing on the bankai part seeing how she would have trained with the RG soo for cliffhanger effects Kubo can go "Hey Rukia now has a Bankai" ends chapter.

Ikkau's sword broke? When? That sucks. He rarely shows off his bankai to others much like his friend and his shikai. I don't think Ywach will be moving any time soon much like Aizen did. He probably going to move out near the end of it or when his solders have been killed or killed by B. Hmmm I wonder if B doesn't really kill them but instead absorbs them much like what happened to Bambi and then will give them to Ywach.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 14:07   Link #4654
SeanQ

she traveled to hyorinmaru mountain to gain access to stronger ice.
Old 2013-12-19, 14:15   Link #4655
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
she traveled to hyorinmaru mountain to gain access to stronger ice.
Kubo should just go full troll and have her combine the powers of fire and ice. And since her Shikai already has a sort of dance theme, her bankai could be a Dance of Fire and Ice.

What? >_>
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 15:21   Link #4656
saravis

Quote:
Well personally I'm glad that we aren't going to waste anymore time on Wrestler. It was getting beyond ridiculous, especially after it was established that he doesn't actually have to hear the cheer for it to work on him, which makes no sense and just raises more questions that I don't feel like asking.
Old 2013-12-19, 15:40   Link #4657
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Well personally I'm glad that we aren't going to waste anymore time on Wrestler. It was getting beyond ridiculous, especially after it was established that he doesn't actually have to hear the cheer for it to work on him, which makes no sense and just raises more questions that I don't feel like asking.
Actually, it makes more sense that he doesn't need to actually hear the cheers. That way the power to recover isn't with him, it's with James. "Because he has to wait for his audience" is a much stupider answer for "Why doesn't he heal himself?" than "Because he can't."
Old 2013-12-19, 21:21   Link #4658
itachi-san314

i'm just waiting for a dumbass soul reaper to clap and restore the wrestler back to life by accident.

"why'd you clap Omaeda?!"
"...I like wrestling"
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 21:54   Link #4659
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
i'm just waiting for a dumbass soul reaper to clap and restore the wrestler back to life by accident.

"why'd you clap Omaeda?!"
"...I like wrestling"
It'd be hilarious if the clapping of a Shinigami made the guy stronger than Juha or just kill him due to how different the energy is. The latter could be the dumbest way to end a fight.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 15:48   Link #4660
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Normally, I absolutely hate the "Bobby Ewing" plot device, but given Aizen's abilities and demeanor, it would actually make sense for him to show up eventually, having been "hiding in plain sight", duping one side (and/)or the other (and by extension the audience) while affecting some of the outcomes.

Speaking of Aizen, I still feel we're going to eventually find out that he doesn't have (and never has had) a Bankai. His Shikai is already at a level of haxx way above your average Captain's Bankai, and it would explain so much about his nature and motivations...
He probably does have a bankai. Well I think so.

Personally it has been strange for me ever since Kubo has not dwell into Aizen's back story. I suspect he may be the last remaining member of a 5th noble family.

Or Urahara and him may know something about the bleach verse that no one else shown yet does. And both have responded differently to this important insight.

It could be SK resets the "bleach universe" every million years. That's what I suspect and Aizen doesn't want to be recycled again. And we know that the SK has awakened so if this is true the time is probably coming close for the SK to go into action. And then goes to sleep again once he has done his task close to a million years again. Rise and repeat.

I see about the broken part. His bankai probably make the illusions become a reality within an enclosed area. Similar to how Tousen's bankai took away his opponents 4 out of 5 senses in an enclosed area.

That's some reality warping right there. But I can see where you're coming from. I used to think similarly before about those things as well.

Quote:
Nope she doesn't have one as of yet but you never know. I was guessing on the bankai part seeing how she would have trained with the RG soo for cliffhanger effects Kubo can go "Hey Rukia now has a Bankai" ends chapter.

Ikkau's sword broke? When? That sucks. He rarely shows off his bankai to others much like his friend and his shikai. I don't think Ywach will be moving any time soon much like Aizen did. He probably going to move out near the end of it or when his solders have been killed or killed by B. Hmmm I wonder if B doesn't really kill them but instead absorbs them much like what happened to Bambi and then will give them to Ywach.
I hope Rukia doesn't. But you're probably right about that though.

Yea remember when he fought Grimmjow's fraccion? And in thsi ark Mayuri told Ichigo Ikkaku's bankai only now has a fraction of its power that it used to have. That's another reason why he didn't use his bankai against Poww since it wouldn't have helped him win.

About B. Haschy maybe. I suspect he was helping Royd fight Yamaji to make it more fair between them. He may also have been intervening with Ywach & Yama. Then again this is all conjecture.

Tags
bleach, chapter