AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-04, 21:10   Link #4621
omega253

Shirou's magic circuits were actually fairly impressive, but he just used them wrong (or not at all and just used those nerve circuits). If Shirou gets taken in by the Amakusa right after Kiritsugu dies, they would probably correct his magic fairly quickly and reduce the damage.

As for the Nasu fans.... They are the reason why I wil probably never write a Type Moon fic. That's all I have to say on that matter.

I'm surprised nobody has flamed me about my AU fic, To Ascend, yet.
Old 2013-09-04, 21:16   Link #4622
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

I think I've honestly done a good enough job at letting my fan's know that I could give two-squirts of piss if they like my story or not. It's generally how I view the masses out there who want something to bash on me about.

Good way to deal with it is to just flat-out tell them that, for better or worse, the story is gonna be written and that their opinion is just that; an opinion among many other people's opinion. Some will like it, some won't; that's how it works and that's how it will always be.

At least, that's how I view it when I write.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 21:33   Link #4623
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
*Throws rocks*

.... these are insufficient.........*Raises megaphone* MUGINO!!!!!!

*Cue laser-beams!*
Shit, right off the bat you bring out the big artillery

Just something that came to mind: in the absence of Saber to activate Avalon, maybe simply arriving in England (the lands of Arthur's kingdom) would be enough to awaken Avalon's healing capacities in Shirou?

Just asking...

And besides a ShirouxItsuwa pairing, I realized that I just want Shirou to trace the awesome weapons present in TAMNI. The Sword of Freyr, the two Curtanas, Hrunting, Ascalon, the Stab Sword (if such a thing does exist), Durandal, Dainsleif, Gungnir, heck even the Sword of Whitting.

And I was wondering if Shirou would be too hax in the TAMNI Verse, but then again, with the existence of monsters such as Saints, Valkyries and Majins, Shirou seriously need to be adequately equipped.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 21:40   Link #4624
omega253

Shirou with Curtana Original, huh....

Write it. At least write a snippet involving what I just wrote above. Please?
Old 2013-09-04, 21:40   Link #4625
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Yes, big guns for the littlest ferret here. She shoots where I am because I annoy her, but I'm so small I'm hard to hit; thus I call she fires around the area I'm at.

7/10 times, I leave unscathed.

Anyway, I can only provide so much feedback on this idea of yours since I'm not into that particular series. Though, personally, I'd more than likely read it since it does sound interesting in my head. If I was to be perfectly honest though, Touma vs. Shirou does sound like it would be a more climatic fight to behold. Especially since it would be interesting to see how each of the two feels about the other's views.

Touma doesn't want to be a hero, he just wants to help people and, as a result, he just so happens to save people in the process. I don't know how Touma's view would effect Shirou's mentality, but I'm sure it would at least leave some sort of impression on him as time passes.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 01:08   Link #4626
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
So, I have an idea of my own.

Extremely cliché.

Maybe.

And actually, it's more of a plot bunny since there are several ''plotholes'' in it, and some links are missing between some elements.

So, a Toaru/Fate/stay night crossover. Yeah, I know...

But I feel that every one of those crossovers, when it's not built on the (really poor) premise of ''Second Magic/Zeltretch's intervention, LOL!'', try really hard to do some sort of ''fusion fic'', where both the rules of the Nasuverse and the rules of the TAMNI Verse apply. While a valliant effort worthy of praise (seriously, I take my hat off to people trying), I think of it as being near impossible. So to spare myself some nasty headaches, I was thinking of bending (sorry, Nasu fans) the Nasuverse to the TAMNI Verse. A bit like how Mahou Senki: Lyrical Days did with the Nasuverse bending to the Nanoha Verse's rules.

The premise: it's of course centered around Shirou as a character.

Spoiler for Long introduction:

That's where things change. For starters, Kiritsugu decides to move to Shimabara, Japan. There, not only after a certain time does Shirou learn of magic, but he (and Kiritsugu too?) meets and befriends the Christian sect Amakusa-Style Remix of Church, especially one of the youngest member named Itsuwa, and the young Supreme Pontiff, the Saint Kanzaki Kaori. After Kiritsugu dies, he is taken in, and continues to further his knowledge of magic.

Of course, he is still quite the unimpressive Magician, with low levels of mana, and only good in Reinforcement (extremely similar to the spell Scattered Grass of Itsuwa who uses the meaning of layers of a tree as their age to reinforce a weapon with many layers of resine) and Projection, but he has some practice with basic Amakusa-Style spells, and he is quite profficient in combat thanks to them.

The fic would truly begin with the Orsola Aquinas Rescue Arc. With eventually a fight between Touma and Amakusa!Shirou.

Just because it would be cool.

After being defeated, Shirou quickly becomes friend with Touma due to their similar personnas and ideals, though Touma doesn't want to become a hero like Shirou does.

Etc, etc.

Arcs (where most of the time, Shirou is involved in Touma's adventures):
Orsola Aquinas Rescue Arc
Necessarius Special Entrance Exam Arc
La Regina del Mare Adriatico Arc
Document of Constantine Arc (where Shirou accompanies Itsuwa in her investigation in Avignon)
Acqua of the Back Arc (Touma has 2 bodyguards this time. And Shirou Tracing Ascalon maybe)
English Civil War Arc (Shirou Tracing EVERYTHING!!!)

And probably a Shirou/Touma rematch down the road.

Problems with writtig this fic:
1. Those called ''Type-Lunatics'', those Nasu fans who insist that fanworks in the Nasuverse need to follow the rules with absolute precision, when Nasu himself throws said rules out whenever they get in the way of the story. Frankly, this story would be so dyed in TAMNI flavour, I don't know if any fan would like it.
2. I have no explanation whatsoever for Shirou's Reality Marble, or heck, even Kiritsugu's abilities, that ties in with the Idol Theory. Seriously.
3. In my opinion, La Regina del Mare Adriatico Arc was not exactly an interesting arc, yet I would have to get through it before moving on to more interesting events.

But frankly, one of the reasons I would like to (see that written)write it is a ridiculous one: ShirouxItsuwa pairing.

You can throw the rocks at me now.
I'll give you a penny for sharing your thoughts.

I don't think the amakusa are a good match for Shiro's magic development. That sect is an all around type and specializes in using concealed spells. Shiro is an all out battle type. Though physical reinforcement will help a lot. Or you can use that to your advantage as reasoning and have Shirou power-up midway through the story reasoning that he was exposed to more... Violent types of magic.

The lack of fate girls sadden me too.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 02:03   Link #4627
omega253

Oh! There's another place we can send Shirou after Kiritsugu dies.

Instead of the Amakusa getting Shirou, an old mercenary partner of Kiritsugu picks him. Who is this mercenary colleague, you ask?

He is William Orville aka Acqua of the Back.

.... And now I'm imagining a God'sRightSeat!Shirou. Would he be able to trace Fiamma's 40km fire sword if he used Angelic Magic?

And Acqua could teach Shirou about body enhancement magic.

Give me your opinions on this, please.
Old 2013-09-05, 02:14   Link #4628
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think it'd work. But AF wants a Shirou Itsuwa pairing. Though I really can't see why... I guess Shirou could appear to fight his mentor who has gone against his own teaching?
Old 2013-09-05, 02:17   Link #4629
omega253

Like I said about Jack Rakan and Sogiita Gunha meeting, too much GAR.

Superman (Acqua of the Back) vs the originator of GAR (Shirou Emiya). Think about it.

That would be a force equal to the maximum potential of the Kami-yan disease.
Old 2013-09-05, 02:25   Link #4630
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but it'd be epic as hell. Something you can't deny really. Ascalon may be many weapons in one. But UBW is every blade Shirou has ever seen reforged and refined within his very soul an infinite number of times.

"Tell me Saint. Do you have enough swords?"
Old 2013-09-05, 02:31   Link #4631
omega253

No, the Saint doesn't have enough swords.

For some reason, I want to pair Shirou with Laura Stuart. I even have a way to do it. After Acqua goes off on his own while Shirou finds his own path, Shirou somehow cooks a meal for Laura. She likes his cooking so much that she hires him.

And his magic can be kind of useful, too.

Wait, would Shirou's magic circuits /mana pool be small or just exceptional? I think with Acqua as a mentor, Shirou's magical reserves will end up above-average.
Old 2013-09-05, 02:36   Link #4632
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sticking to the rules of Nasuverse for a bit and somewhat lying in line with TAMNI. A human has a set amount of prana/mana in their body. Refined from od/lifeforce, this is either done consciously or subconsciously by the magician. Shirou's maximum limit has already been decided since his birth. What magicians fight with is comparison of how efficiently they use what is at their disposal. More spells means more options, knowing the enemy also grants means of choosing the best option for the best job.

Vampires in Nasuverse still have a set amount of mana if I remember correctly but that is irrelevant considering that their mana is so far above humans that one probably can't quantify it. Like how any number large enough divided by a small number can be equated to infinity. TAMNI rules say vamps are immortal and thus have limitless od/lifeforce to refine into prana/mana.

In short, no. Shirou will not get a bigger mana pool.
Old 2013-09-05, 02:38   Link #4633
omega253

Okay then. But would Shirou's magic circuits become bastardized and crippled or would Acqua correct that while teaching him?
Old 2013-09-05, 02:39   Link #4634
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Depends.

Shirou's magic circuits were never crippled. Tohsaka found out and corrected it before he hurt himself permanently. Shirou still has 32 full and healthy magic circuits.

Unless you want to make Shirou crippled.
Old 2013-09-05, 02:45   Link #4635
omega253

What I meant was, in canon fate/stay night, Shirou had never activated his circuits and had been incorrectly making circuits out of the nerves along his spine (I think that was how it went.). It wasn't until Tohsaka helped him activate them properly, that they found out that the circuits were not entirely good.

Because of using the wrong circuits and years of neglect, Shirou's magic circuits could only handle a few units of prana each.

What I'm asking is: would Acqua help him before Shirou incorrectly made any nerve circuits?

Y'know, it's times like these where I hate the complexity of the Nasuverse. I don't even want to get started on the obscure stuff happening in Raildex. At least Nasu did his best to elaborate.

Kamachi just keeps leaving us with more questions than answers.
Old 2013-09-05, 02:48   Link #4636
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Again, that is only because they aren't fully active yet then. They were just recently activated. A few years of normal usage would have them up and running already full strength. Aqua would definitely help as proper mana refinement is the basic of the basics.
Old 2013-09-05, 02:56   Link #4637
omega253

Okay, now that we have that issue out of the way....

I have another idea for a fic. This fic would not be serious in any way.

Touma finally snaps. He has been having one day too many that are chock full of misfortune. Bites in the morning (Index), headbutts in the afternoon (Fukiyose), and lightning all the freakin' day (Misaka). There's only so much a guy can take.

He gets back at everybody, not caring whether or not they added to his misfortune, in very strange and hilarious ways. Some of his first targets would be Tsuchimikado, Aleister, and Laura.

Like I said, this is not to be taken seriously at all. This would just be a humor fic about a Touma who got driven into a comical crazy rampage and gets sweet, humiliating revenge on everybody who contributed to his misfortune, and then some.

How about it?
Old 2013-09-05, 02:58   Link #4638
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm in, only if it all bites him in the ass in the end.
Old 2013-09-05, 03:04   Link #4639
omega253

.... Never mind, then.

The kicker of the story? Touma gets a reputation as possibly the most dangerous human being on earth with both the Science and Magic Sides steering clear of him. All of the people he usually hangs out with (his classmates, teachers, etc.) are all skittish after remembering what he did during his rampage. What he does is so weird that it terrifies everybody and makes them very wary of not adding to Touma's usual misfortune.

Either that or Touma gets away Scott free and leaves everybody trying to repress the trauma from the experience.

Sorry to disappoint.
Old 2013-09-05, 03:08   Link #4640
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If I ever write crippled Touma I would probably have at least 4 arcs to work with @_@

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction