AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 51 Rating
Perfect 10 13 9.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 14.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 11.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.21%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 9.70%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 8.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.73%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.99%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 17.91%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-30, 20:03   Link #21
solomon

Meh all I can say is I wasn't expecting much from the ending, expectations dropped story wise about 2/3 to 3/4 in when I realized they would have to do an original story. Which is probably why I modestly enjoyed it.
Old 2009-03-30, 23:15   Link #22
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
So...all the people who hate the ending are the manga readers...big shock there.
Old 2009-03-30, 23:37   Link #23
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
So...all the people who hate the ending are the manga readers...big shock there.
I read the manga but I like the ending.

my only real complaint is how it lacked real closure. The ending felt too open with a lot of things unexplained.
Old 2009-03-31, 00:27   Link #24
JunkKitty

I've been .. er.. lazy about watching the anime ever since it went so... original. I've watched the eps, but only semi-so. I have one thing to ask to those who have paid attention.

How many days has passed since Maka and Soul left Blair at their apartment?

Somehow, it seems like it's all been the same day... one long hell of a day... *sigh*
Old 2009-03-31, 03:25   Link #25
lmd_84

Quote:
But those who dislike the ending don't necessarily dislike it simply because it's not the same as the manga. The anime did take out/alter a lot of what was in the manga in plot and characterisation (such as using Maka as the single saviour regardless of canon), and it just doesn't suit everyone. One needn't be a fan of the manga to notice and dislike that. Me, I just prefer the manga's development, whereas some bits of the anime grated just that bit too much.
Old 2009-03-31, 06:43   Link #26
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Quote:
Nope , I'm a manga reader , and I simply like the ending. You can say , the ending is too forced , and I can understand since it has to be ended in 51 episodes (except for Excalibur filler WTH?) what I love the most is Maka's scream. Nothing can lose that , really.

But yes , the ending was not ... too good. Well , BONES isn't Atsushi Ookubo. Let's continue to enjoy the manga now
Old 2009-03-31, 09:06   Link #27
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

I started the manga and caught up long before I caught up with the anime. Just came from the raw a few seconds ago, I'll give some thoughts.

Spoiler for End:

And I'll be damned if Bones doesn't know how to frame and animate. God, the storyboarders are on a level with the GL folk. They definitely have an eye for film in general.
Old 2009-03-31, 09:20   Link #28
solomon

If the manga is stronger, than it is stronger. As I believe it is.

Objectively, there isn't a really a big dropoff in quality between the manga and non manga eps for SE virgins if you will.

And yes the staging and storyboarding were among the best in the last episode, Igurashi has so much style, I can't wait to see what he does next!
Old 2009-03-31, 12:53   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I've only read a few chapters, and i couldn't stand how they ended this. Like a lot of people i was fine until the talk begin between Maka and Asura. It just felt really cheap --- especially seeing how well BONES have handled this show, and it's anime original material upto now.

Ah well, shame really. Still, this show has been great to watch over the past year, and a poor last episode isn't going to change my opinion on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku View Post
and there is a piece of BGM in the last episode that wasn't included on the second OST either...
There's about 50% of the shows score that hasn't appeared on the two released soundtracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
And I'll be damned if Bones doesn't know how to frame and animate. God, the storyboarders are on a level with the GL folk. They definitely have an eye for film in general.
Some of the animators for BONES worked on a few Gurren Lagann episodes.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:38   Link #30
Tekeshi

Spoiler:

Quote:
I haven't read manga and I dislike anime ending too.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:47   Link #31
AceD
See You En' Tee

Spoiler for end:
Old 2009-03-31, 15:49   Link #32
SEChronaFan

The negativity in this thread is disheartening. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series and the ending. Albeit not as epic as I thought it would be, I was still satisfied. I became attached to the characters and the show made me laugh, feel good, be sad and depressed, and cheered at their appropriate times. I applaud this series.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:54   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEChronaFan View Post
The negativity in this thread is disheartening. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole series and the ending. Albeit not as epic as I thought it would be, I was still satisfied. I became attached to the characters and the show made me laugh, feel good, be sad and depressed, and cheered at their appropriate times. I applaud this series.
A lot of us agree with you, just not regarding the last episode. After everything we've witnessed in this series, and that's how BONES handle the ending. It's a huge let down.
Old 2009-03-31, 17:04   Link #34
Forever
Revealing the truth

This is my interpretation of how a normal punch killed Kishin.

It wasn't the punch. But rather from that punch, every soul that was devoured by the kishin gain the courage to fight against the madness of the kishin and tried to break free at the same time. Thus the kishin broken up from the inside. The kishin figured out at the end just like every soul has fear and madness which powers him up, every soul actually possess courage to fight against him.

The messages in his head represents the growing number of souls within him rebelling.
Old 2009-03-31, 18:29   Link #35
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
This is my interpretation of how a normal punch killed Kishin.

It wasn't the punch. But rather from that punch, every soul that was devoured by the kishin gain the courage to fight against the madness of the kishin and tried to break free at the same time. Thus the kishin broken up from the inside. The kishin figured out at the end just like every soul has fear and madness which powers him up, every soul actually possess courage to fight against him.

The messages in his head represents the growing number of souls within him rebelling.
/agree with that

I actually liked that they didn't have the "standard" super power-up to save the day kind of ending.
Old 2009-03-31, 19:34   Link #36
libba
nepenthes rajah

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
Spoiler:

I actually liked that spotlight -- usually girls in shounen are:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-31, 19:58   Link #37
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I'm a manga reader, but I have to say that what they managed to do was entertaining and not at all bad except for a few little things here and there that mainly half to do with loose ends. What annoys me most is how little closure there actually was. There wasn't even any sort of what happens after during the credits.

As for the way he got taken down, a part of me really liked that it was honestly that simple and Asura breaking down was enjoyable at the start of things, but something about it annoyed nonetheless. The whole second half of the episode was a weird end for the whole thing that almost seemed half comedy.

The whole thing with Maka and the blades was kind of cool, but I would have loved to see Soul pull something like that off.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2009-03-31, 21:49   Link #38
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'd have to say it was rather anti-climatic, I've actaully enjoyed the AO stuff they've done but something about the ending just wasn't on par.

meh well I guess it could have been alot worse but then it could have been alot better.

Now its back to the manga
Old 2009-03-31, 22:35   Link #39
Alchemist007
*Author

I started the manga a bit back, I'm still far behind from the latest though. The anime ending was anti-climactic (at least the 2nd half), but at least there's the manga...
Old 2009-04-01, 00:12   Link #40
Boduar

Hmm read the manga and I am fine with pretty much everything in the anime original stuff until .... the punch. Seriously wtf. I actually liked Maka fighting on her own since thats one of my major complaints about her as an overall character compared to Death + Black Star. I have no idea how they should have ended it but as far as I can guess is a Kishin Hunter of her own(her arm) would have been better than the simple simple punch. Overall though not bad whatever excluding the last like 5mins before the ending was definately very worthwhile.
Closed Thread