AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-07-14, 03:16   Link #201
Anlushac11

Kanon - Had me crying like a baby, especially Ep10 with the blonde haired girl.

Gunslinger Girls - I thought the ending for that was sad.

Chrno Crusade - I was ok til last ep when Rosette grabbed Chrno and started crying.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime - I did not expect Arcueid's ending.

Da Capo - I cried over Yoriko and especially the android Miharu's ending.

I do not understand why sad anime gets to me. I can go to a movie and watch sad scenes and tearjerkers and nothing. But I watch a sad anime and Im crying.
Anlushac11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 03:35   Link #202
Aegis
生與死

Location: A place where it is not seen,it is not heard,just pure emptyness and beyond
i believe that...in a movie they develop a character they dont reveal as much as in anime. Also u have to considered that u have seen em over and over again in anime...u get a bond with them...and when sometin bad happens to em...i feel sad...

"misses kawaii miharu!"
Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 03:38   Link #203
Samurai_Yojimbo

you guys r a disgrace to ure penis's openly admiting crying over animes :P, the only anime thats had me quite sad not cry -.- is the end of that last kenshin ova when the scar disapears n all
Samurai_Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 04:44   Link #204
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Yojimbo
you guys r a disgrace to ure penis's openly admiting crying over animes :P, the only anime thats had me quite sad not cry -.- is the end of that last kenshin ova when the scar disapears n all
Heh, disgrace...ok, fine I'm happy being a disgrace, at least my fiancee loves me for who I am

Anyways, I remember watching the Rahxephon movie a while back and since TAN On Demand is currently airing it on my feed I decided to watch it again...however this time I noticed it was a bit more heart-wrenching than what I remembered :P So I guess I can add that one to my list.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 05:30   Link #205
Kaigeman

I got a little misty-eyed at some points in anime, a few just made me angry instead lol.

FMA - the Nina thing made me angry more than anything, just because it was so messed up. I wanted Ed to get revenge so badly.

Spoiler:

KGNE was in general just a sad storyline...

Spoiler:

Trigun...

Spoiler:

Da Capo had some misty spots...
Spoiler:
Kaigeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 08:10   Link #206
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
I think that was meant to be this way...you think about it, look at the other animes based upon branching ero's out there, especially KGNE. They followed a similar path.

I can understand how hard it would be to display equal time for all of the characters, but damn, I so wanted more screentime for them all :P
well, the slight difference between KGNE and Da Capo was that
Spoiler:

oh...and i've never cried during an anime (though i came in SaiKano, Kanon, and Da Capo)
the last time i cried...period...was a few years ago when i watched "My Dog Skip"...damn that movie is sad
Spoiler:
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 08:34   Link #207
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
well, the slight difference between KGNE and Da Capo was that
Spoiler:

oh...and i've never cried during an anime (though i came in SaiKano, Kanon, and Da Capo)
the last time i cried...period...was a few years ago when i watched "My Dog Skip"...damn that movie is sad
Spoiler:
I dunno....

Starting with Kanon....
Spoiler:

Heading to Da Capo...
Spoiler:

Not really a spoiler, but it does describe how the endings go...
Spoiler:

Either way, I can't honestly say there's much different on the deeper story than what is more superficial between them...KGNE is a taste of real life, Da Capo is more magical, and Kanon is more supernatural...but not much else deviates TOO much to the underlying story.

Anyways, back to the topic...

I figure I'm just watching more animes that have emotional sides to them lately, as I am finding many of the older ones that I've watched and recently rewatched have attributed to being a bit more 'emotional'. I guess in my old age I'm no longer worried about being an angsty kid who'd rather bottle his emotions than to dare let someone see a guy with a tear in his eye
Old 2004-07-14, 13:24   Link #208
Gaara2
LegendofMir

Send a message via MSN to Gaara2
myen was diffinatly

1= Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
2= Onegai Teacher
3= Onegai Twins
Gaara2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-14, 14:03   Link #209
Kyuven

Quote:
I dunno....

Starting with Kanon....
Spoiler:

Heading to Da Capo...
Spoiler:

Not really a spoiler, but it does describe how the endings go...
Spoiler:

Either way, I can't honestly say there's much different on the deeper story than what is more superficial between them...KGNE is a taste of real life, Da Capo is more magical, and Kanon is more supernatural...but not much else deviates TOO much to the underlying story.

Anyways, back to the topic...

I figure I'm just watching more animes that have emotional sides to them lately, as I am finding many of the older ones that I've watched and recently rewatched have attributed to being a bit more 'emotional'. I guess in my old age I'm no longer worried about being an angsty kid who'd rather bottle his emotions than to dare let someone see a guy with a tear in his eye
Da Capo, Kanon, etc...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-14, 14:07   Link #210
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
Da Capo, Kanon, etc...
Spoiler:
It's funny how similar a lot of hte games are and how the subtle changes make the biggest impacts though
Old 2004-07-14, 14:13   Link #211
Kyuven

Quote:
It's funny how similar a lot of hte games are and how the subtle changes make the biggest impacts though
aye...when i saw Mai for instance...
"Is that...nah it couldn't be...is that Ciel?"
Old 2004-07-14, 19:50   Link #212
jennwenn

Anime that made me cry? Well I can't remember ever REALLY crying, but I definitely wet my eyes and felt sad about these anime:

Doggy poo – Shhhh! I know you’re laughing! This was really sad! The *ahem* protagonist is crying about how nobody loves her, everyone thinks she’s ugly, and she has no reason to live. You tell me that’s not depressing!!!

Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex
Spoiler:

X TV - Those deaths had me bawling
Fruits Basket - Oh my GOD how depressing! The crap these characters went through! Momiji! Kyo! Let me hug you!
Giant Robo - I think it was the music that got to me. Bawled my heart out. Deaths and sacrifice get to me.
Junkers Come Here- Almost made me cry. My parents are divorced, so I really felt for the little girl.
Millenium Actress – the ending
Now and then, Here and There – Actually this left me so numb I couldn’t really cry anymore. I just got angry
Pretear - Almost cried when
Spoiler:

Saikano - Why don’t you just rip my heart out and beat it repeatedly underneath the wieght of the DVDS?! The war casualties had me crying the most, not Chise and Shuuji.
Run Melos – At the end, when Melos tries so hard to save the life of his friend, it was so innocent and touching and powerful I almost cried
Haibane Renmei - Reki's breakdown, and dealing with loss

I must see Grave of the Fireflies. I like a good tearjerker, and its so hard to find a good one.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 23:15   Link #213
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

hmm okay so this thread is about sad anime.. I guess the sadest anime ever is "Remi the homeless boy" or something like that.. Another one would be "Sakura Diary" And I'd say "Wolf's Rain" too. But hey even Naruto gets sad sometimes. I cried when
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-29, 23:48   Link #214
The Yellow Dwarf

Rurouni Kenshin OVA (Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal)
Spoiler:

Gunslinger Girl
Spoiler:

Spirited Away
Spoiler:

Stellvia (personal favorite, I cry everytime I watch this)
Spoiler:

Millenium Actress - The whole movie is just so sad.

Fruits Basket - The Kisa episode

Green Green TV - I cried the whole time begging my computer to break down so I don't have to watch this crap anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Yojimbo
You can have my penis, I don't want it anymore.
The Yellow Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 00:05   Link #215
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
ok, I thought I already responded to this... but I cant find my post... maybe it was another thread?

well, lets start with my tragic anime experience, the first time I cried was when watching Panda no daibouken!, I cried so much that it hurt and my mom had a really hard time trying to calm me down since I was... well, 6 years old when I watched ^_^

Afterwards of course I shed a tear or two when watching ET or bambi, then again I was little, and eventually I end up being a cold heart stone and never cried at movies ever ever again, until I watched Grave of the fireflies...omg, that movie is so damn depressing ;_; I just didnt shed a tear, I honestly bawled during most of the latter part of the film. After that I have become really sensitive O_o! recently the marimite ep of the graduation almost made me cry O__o

as for KNGE or the Zabuza ending (which I consider a MAJOR spoiler, this thread should have a huge SPOILERS!!! in the title) I didnt feel moved or touched. KNGE was sad but not in that way, more like an "annoying" sadness you feel when people are so, urrghh, retarded, like the main char, (forgot his name), it was honestly annoying, how he kind of choose to be depressed... I dont know how to express myself more clearly... anyway I like that series, but I didnt find it even remotely depresive. Zabuza ending was sad but, nah, it didnt made me even had watery eyes.

Oh and I almost forgot that most yaoi is very sad! Ive never cried in one of these, but I didnt felt very good after watching them either. (the one that stand the most for me now is ai no kusabi but there are others that were also sad)
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 11:51   Link #216
Anbu_33

Send a message via MSN to Anbu_33
only cried once , and it was with Saint Seiya The Hades Chapater , after growing up watching it , after so many years to finally know that it was going to be continued , wow and this saga was the most depressing of all , lots of betrayals , many died , anyways the exact moment was

Spoiler:
Anbu_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 13:21   Link #217
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
the anime where i really felt a tear over my cheeck was at the end of Chobits
Spoiler:

Saikano made me really sad to, i had problems holding a tear back with several scenes
Haibane Renmei to

Infinite Ryvius had some excelent moments, with some excelent voice acting, goddamn...
Spoiler:

there are alot more anime's that made me feel sad, cant name them all

oh, and Now and then, here and there had some really sad moments, that serie was really great

Last edited by fzz; 2004-08-30 at 13:33.
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 19:35   Link #218
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Kanon was just to unrealistic and whack and confusing to get to me ¬_¬
KGNE got to me
Onegai Teacher made me :`( , although I didn't care for Twins at all
Saikano was also very...depressing...
I also got a few tears (not of saddness but of happiness) during Ai Yori Aoshi ;d
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 19:56   Link #219
Avaj
?!!

The good ones, usually near the end of the series, Chobits(especially during the guy who married the persocom parts), El-Hazard, Saber Marionette. There are probably a few others I can't place.
Avaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 02:50   Link #220
Weedse
Weedse

Rurouni Kenshin OVA: i still secretly cry in bed when I think of these
Weedse is offline   Reply With Quote