Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-30, 20:55   Link #41
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
For Luffy's crew, there does not have to be a direct parallel to every member of Roger's crew.
I agree. I'd much rather the strawhats (at least for the most part) be their own unique identities instead of being the Roger Pirates version 2.0. No need for Oda to make things so formulaic and coincidental to the point things feel contrived/forced.

@ronin myael & marvelB - It's true that Luffy told Law earlier in this arc that Zoro and Sanji can use haki, but it was never specified which type(s). And for some people, Oda has to spell things out completely to fully convince them.
Old 2012-10-30, 20:58   Link #42
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 687
That was a good chapter. Zoro is a badass. I wonder if Zoro will even gets a challenger in this arch? That was kinda of weird at the end for Monet. Rage fit and she has problems controlling her devil fruit. That is a first time ever seeing this weird moment. I wonder if Zoro used King haki on her? Looks like it with the symptoms she is going through. I also have a hard time believing fear alone did that to her. Right now the Monster Trio, Smoker and Vergo are the most powerful people in the area right now. Unless Oda plans on throwing a surprise guest, I see this only has a one sided fight and it is not looking good for CC and his team. If Oda does throw in a surprise guest let it be Admiral Kizaru. That way it will force Smoker, Tashigi, and possibly Law to fight the Straw hats. That would be a cool turn around and it might even force CC and the rest of Daflamingo's crew to join forces with the Straw Hats, now that would be a twist.

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-10-30 at 21:31.
Old 2012-10-30, 21:50   Link #43
tenchir

Zoro doesn't haven CoC. Tashigi would have instantly recognized if he was using CoC or not because she has training in using haki. She already explain that it was fear that prevent Monet from freely moving when she realized how monstrously strong Zoro is.
Old 2012-10-30, 22:41   Link #44
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If it was the overlord's haki, then she would've said it was the overlord's haki. Unless she is dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchir View Post
Zoro doesn't haven CoC. Tashigi would have instantly recognized if he was using CoC or not because she has training in using haki. She already explain that it was fear that prevent Monet from freely moving when she realized how monstrously strong Zoro is.
The Color of the conquerer is not something that can easily be recognized in my opinion. I mean it's not like your arms become black and hard as steal all of the sudden, like with Luffy's CoA. All you really see as an outsider is its effect, and that effect could be caused due to something else as well. It's like when you see a fire from afar. You can't really know that somebody planted it on purpose. It could have been an acciedent as well, or a natural cause even. Sure, with Luffy it was pretty clear when he knocked out the 50.000 fishmen. But when you use it in a more subtle way - which would make sense for Zorro, because the default way of thinking here is that Luffy's CoC would be superior - it's harder to tell. So it's perfectly understandable that Tashigi would not have realized that Zorro used CoC, if he in fact did. And again, I'm not saying that he has CoC or that he used it there, I'm just throwing out the possibility.

On a completely different note, I really loved the part early in the chapter, where Sanji was talking to the marines about Zorro. It really goes to show that even though they seem to hate each other on the outside, there is a deep friendship within. Sanji saying that Zorro has a soft spot and that he's the kind of guy, who gets the job done no matter what, that really tells us what respect he has for him. And I mean, sure, this is nothing new really, since we all know that they don't really hate each other, but it's a nice reminder and probably my favorite part of the chapter.
Old 2012-10-31, 00:50   Link #45
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
On a completely different note, I really loved the part early in the chapter, where Sanji was talking to the marines about Zorro. It really goes to show that even though they seem to hate each other on the outside, there is a deep friendship within. Sanji saying that Zorro has a soft spot and that he's the kind of guy, who gets the job done no matter what, that really tells us what respect he has for him. And I mean, sure, this is nothing new really, since we all know that they don't really hate each other, but it's a nice reminder and probably my favorite part of the chapter.
mine too! although, i fear what the yaoi zoro x sanji shippers would think about this.
Old 2012-10-31, 02:32   Link #46
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^I guess the most obvious answer to this question would be that they just talked off panel about it when they all told each other about their adventures during the two years they were separated.
Old 2012-10-31, 02:46   Link #47
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What I wonder more is: How did Luffy know, that those two are able to use Haki (and no one else in his crew)?
I can't remember them talking about it. Does Haki allow someone to sense who else is able to use Haki?
they probably could. maybe zoro and sanji used haki while they were in fishman island and luffy just knew, just like how guys like sentomaru, rayleigh and the women in the isle of women knew that luffy has it. if you're a non-haki user you'd probably dismiss it as some strange ability unless you already knew about it. i guess this is also how zoro and sanji knew that luffy has haki when he used it against the pacifista, while the others didn't really have a clue what abilities he used, they just thought he became monstrously strong after two years.
Old 2012-10-31, 03:21   Link #48
danielevo

sanji say to marine about zoro because he remembered about accident zoro with kuma back then.. isn't it ??
Old 2012-10-31, 06:08   Link #49
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What I wonder more is: How did Luffy know, that those two are able to use Haki (and no one else in his crew)?
I can't remember them talking about it. Does Haki allow someone to sense who else is able to use Haki?
Remember when Railegh was teaching Luffy about Haki? He did mention that through Haki one could feel others.

And also Zoro started showing his Haki ability while saving Caime. ( don't remeber the exact ongoings of that time )
Old 2012-10-31, 06:24   Link #50
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Actually, I think Zoro does have CoC.

After all, if Luffy is the next Roger, then Zoro is the next Raleigh. Plus, when Luffy used CoC during the fight against Hordy, Zoro mentioned that if Luffy couldn't do that, then they'd have to get a new captain. I took that as meaning that he, Zoro, would take over if Luffy didn't have CoC, since he had it.
Good analysis. After all, "rare" or "1 in 1xxxxxxxxxxxx" usually don't apply when it comes to main characters

CMIIW, but by "sol", did she meant "soru"?
Old 2012-10-31, 06:47   Link #51
ninetail1989
Dreamer

for a while there i thought Monet is a goner....

i still believe Monet will join SH n the reason is that SH promise to protect her from Joker..
the samurai n his son will be like Vivi situation ..just housing on the SH till they reach their home..

why do i believe Monet will join SH?..

1>she reacted to compliments....which is something new to the crew...since nami n robin dont reacted to that at all....Monet may also react to Franky Radical Beam like Chopper n Usoop...that would be a cool addition to the crew ..

2>Her role...hmm...scouter?..Researcher??a Dancer??Assassin?

3>Oda WILL NEVER EVER DRAW a pretty Face like that only just last 1 Arc!!

4>SH dont have a Single Logia....Logia is not consider OP in the new world...so its time to get 1....
Old 2012-10-31, 07:44   Link #52
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
What I found interesting was the revelation that Zoro actually told Tashigi she resembled Kuina all the way back in Alabasta. I don't think that scene was ever shown.

But yeah, some Zoro awesomeness is always nice to see. Tashigi wasn't bad either but she's far from Zoro's level. If Zoro was using haki in that slice against Monet, that would've been gruesome.

Well that's one foe taken care of, that just leaves Vergo and Caesar. Shinokuni can't exactly be "defeated".
It didn't happen in alabast but earlier... what was the town where pirate king got executed.. well there it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetail1989 View Post

i still believe Monet will join SH n the reason is that SH promise to protect her from Joker..
the samurai n his son will be like Vivi situation ..just housing on the SH till they reach their home..

1>she reacted to compliments....which is something new to the crew...since nami n robin dont reacted to that at all....Monet may also react to Franky Radical Beam like Chopper n Usoop...that would be a cool addition to the crew ..

4>SH dont have a Single Logia....Logia is not consider OP in the new world...so its time to get 1....
No!

1> because she actually is evil ... not like in narutoverse evil where all people are good, but have freudism syndrome or what ever childhood problem, but down to core evil for own her pleasure.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-10-31, 07:48   Link #53
noktown

Quote:

You can apply the same formula to Shirahoshi and a few other female characters,except for the Logia part,look how that turned out.

We might see her again when SH's fight Joker's crew.
Old 2012-10-31, 07:55   Link #54
ninetail1989
Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
You can apply the same formula to Shirahoshi and a few other female characters,except for the Logia part,look how that turned out.

We might see her again when SH's fight Joker's crew.
for starters..Shirahoshi is HUGE....unless she have a power to shrink down to size.....

if Monet n Vergo failed their mission......will Joker really forgive them??..is joker that forgiving...for Monet i pretty sure she wont return to joker...as it only means death for her.....i mean Monet literally told Luffy that if she failed to protect Ceaser...she will be killed by joker...unless she is dumb enough to return as a failure only to be punished or Killed by Joker..she would either go into hiding...or Join the SH!!
Old 2012-10-31, 08:57   Link #55
Mr. E

Quote:
for starters..Shirahoshi is HUGE....unless she have a power to shrink down to size.....

if Monet n Vergo failed their mission......will Joker really forgive them??..is joker that forgiving...for Monet i pretty sure she wont return to joker...as it only means death for her.....i mean Monet literally told Luffy that if she failed to protect Ceaser...she will be killed by joker...unless she is dumb enough to return as a failure only to be punished or Killed by Joker..she would either go into hiding...or Join the SH!!
I actually wasn't thinking Monet could seriously be with the crew until I read this. I don't think she would join the Straw Hats, but I could see her tagging along (assuming Tashigi didn't just kill her).

I can just imagine Luffy beating CC, them walking past Monet just sobbing about how her life is over, and Luffy being like 'Ok, knock it off and come with us. We'll go deal with your captain together'.
Old 2012-10-31, 10:27   Link #56
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenchir View Post
From what I read, Tashigi explained that Monet wasn't able to pull herself together after being slashed because she was too traumatized by the prior moves and slice by zoro. Not the prior freezing.

Again not arguing for CoC, but just saying it is a possibility. I also admit as mentioned, that it could just be "normal" saki.
Old 2012-10-31, 11:11   Link #57
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Monet's ability is too gruesome for her to be a crew member. Besides didn't Oda already say that someone with a flying ability would never be in the crew?
Old 2012-10-31, 12:06   Link #58
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Monet's ability is too gruesome for her to be a crew member. Besides didn't Oda already say that someone with a flying ability would never be in the crew?
I don't recall ever reading that, but who cares about a flying ability now.

We have at least 1 person if not two that can fly.

Sanji is a given. There should be no place a flying person can reach that Sanji can't himself.

Then there is Robin. She could fly for a few seconds pre-skip. I'm curious to see if that is improved at all.

As for Monet, I don't see her joining. I don't see anyone joining except Jimbei the rest of the series IMO.
Old 2012-10-31, 14:18   Link #59
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
I don't recall ever reading that, but who cares about a flying ability now.

We have at least 1 person if not two that can fly.

Sanji is a given. There should be no place a flying person can reach that Sanji can't himself.

Then there is Robin. She could fly for a few seconds pre-skip. I'm curious to see if that is improved at all.

Ah, ah, ah. You can't use Sanji and Robin as examples because their midair techniques are more along the lines of gliding rather than flying. Notice that we haven't seen either of them use their so-called "flying" techniques travel long distances, now. Geez, this reminds me that I really have to find the source of that interview where Oda mentioned that "no flying member" fact.....
Old 2012-10-31, 14:20   Link #60
noktown

But now that you mention it,Sanji could probably travel long distances if he wanted to...
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion