Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-09, 22:49   Link #101
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh yeah, an anime with harem bits with a male protagonist that doesn't have brown or black hair! Wheee! (though this probably isn't the first time)
Old 2007-03-09, 23:50   Link #102
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Oh yeah, an anime with harem bits with a male protagonist that doesn't have brown or black hair! Wheee! (though this probably isn't the first time)
Yeah, but I know I'm gonna sooo hate his character design in the anime. It's good he doesn't get too much screening time in the game, because his design really sucks >.>

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-10, 00:14   Link #103
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
The Brown/Black Short Hair unimpressive look and I can almost guarantee this, is a way to make the character look as generic as possible so that any player can feel like they are the main character himself interacting with all the cute girls. That's the impression I get along with them not speaking vocally (sound wise)normally, as your own voice supposed to be the voice. I think I recalled reading somewhere that the main character actually talks in this game too, meaning he's not "you the player" in the traditional sense.
Old 2007-03-10, 01:35   Link #104
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
I think I recalled reading somewhere that the main character actually talks in this game too, meaning he's not "you the player" in the traditional sense.
I only heard him talk once, at the very first line of the game, but other than that and the battle yells, he stays a really quiet fellow all along.

Oh yeah, someone who's played the game, can you tell me how the heck you use those special attacks? (I'm guessing it's the central item for each character...) I'm *almost* sure no tutorial has popped up explaining it up until now, but I might have missed it altogether (tutorial explanations are just too full of kanji, and since the system is so intuitive, I didn't delve much into them).

Old 2007-03-10, 02:11   Link #105
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I only heard him talk once, at the very first line of the game, but other than that and the battle yells, he stays a really quiet fellow all along.
Hyaweh is voiced in battles and a few of his lines in story are voiced as well. Other than that, yes his character is not voiced, though that doesn't detract my rank of him as one of the better male heros I've ever played.

Quote:
Oh yeah, someone who's played the game, can you tell me how the heck you use those special attacks?
Team attacks are special attacks where you chose specific prisms for two characters during battle, usually Hyaweh and a heroine. Full list here.

Some early ones you can use:
Meteor Strike (Hyaweh & Fel - Flame Lance)
Heart Beat Shot (Hyaweh & Priecia - Red Hot Shot)
佐保姫の祝福 (Hyaweh - Auto Heal, Kagura - 沈丁花)
戦乙女たちの抱擁 (Karen - 双刃炎覇斬, Theresa - Cross Gladius)
*Note* You can try this one early when Theresa teams up with you during your fight with Ultima. Very cool looking and deadly attack (・ω・)b
Old 2007-03-10, 06:10   Link #106
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Some early ones you can use:
Meteor Strike (Hyaweh & Fel - Flame Lance)
Heart Beat Shot (Hyaweh & Priecia - Red Hot Shot)
佐保姫の祝福 (Hyaweh - Auto Heal, Kagura - 沈丁花)
戦乙女たちの抱擁 (Karen - 双刃炎覇斬, Theresa - Cross Gladius)
*Note* You can try this one early when Theresa teams up with you during your fight with Ultima. Very cool looking and deadly attack (・ω・)b
Theresa, aka, Sister Hell

I've tried the first 3 combination attacks...

But there's also one with Priecia and Kagura, where Priecia goes off screen, then comes back with a lot of arrows and Kagura shoots them at the enemies XD

Old 2007-03-10, 21:30   Link #107
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
As for Team Attacks, my fav is Karin and Theresaīs. It does heavy damage. Though, is rather sad that you can use it too often.

And yes, Iīm sure Hyaweh desing will suck in the anime but, as Cloud said that doesnīt really means he sucks or anything. Unlike your average Ero Game Main Male he actually rocks. Though I just canīt help but hate his voice which is the same of Shinn Asuka from Gundam SEED: Destiny. Yes, I DO hate Shinn.

That Priecia and Kagura image is from the Theresa to Heart FanDisk? I don't really remember seeing it in the original game.
Old 2007-03-11, 03:22   Link #108
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
That Priecia and Kagura image is from the Theresa to Heart FanDisk? I don't really remember seeing it in the original game.
Yeah, it is

Maybe they didn't make Hyaweh your average Ero Game Main Male so he could be different from the usual routine of anime/games.

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-03-11 at 15:20.
Old 2007-03-12, 21:37   Link #109
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Maybe! If only his character desing had been better -.- that is my only complain, not matter how many time you see it, it just doesn't fit with everyone else's desing.
Old 2007-03-13, 11:26   Link #110
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Maybe! If only his character desing had been better -.- that is my only complain, not matter how many time you see it, it just doesn't fit with everyone else's desing.
True, his hair looks wierd in front view, but from the sides, it's not that bad...

Some may have seen this already, but just in case, here's a promotional video of the game, though t's animated

Prism Ark - 贖罪のラプソディー

Btw, the name of the song, the kanji in it are "redeem" and "crime/sin", so it kinda goes for "atonement" or something, right?
So, if I'm right, it would be "Rhapsody of Atonement"
Old 2007-03-13, 15:33   Link #111
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Btw, the name of the song, the kanji in it are "redeem" and "crime/sin", so it kinda goes for "atonement" or something, right?
So, if I'm right, it would be "Rhapsody of Atonement"
The full title of the song is "Atonement Rhapsody - Sin and Pain -"

If you look carefully at the english words under the Prism Ark title, you'll notice that it is actually a rough English translation of the lyrics for the song. I didn't see this till after reading the lyrics in the Vocal collection booklet~ Σ(゚Д゚)
Old 2007-03-18, 01:53   Link #112
TrueKnight

I always loved fantasy shows, I'm gonna put this on my list along with Shining Tears (yes I know, the game blows, but come on it's not THAT bad). But then I saw this series main character, looks dumb and suddenly my interest falls.......but I think I'm going to give this series a shot, not for the sake of harem, but for the plot.

I hope it's not gonna like Utawaremono where it's decent on the starts, but pretty much lame in the end of the series.

And I've always put keen interest on medieval crusades so.....

Quote:
The world of Prism Ark takes place in the equivalent of our world’s Crusade era in Western Europe. The geography is a little changed and there are stuff like magic and dragons.

The main players are Wind Land, Viella, and the Sablum Empire. Viella of Victaly is equal to Rome of Italy, and the Sablum Empire is equal to the Byzantine Empire. Sabus is the god of Islam and Rerihion is the god of Christianity. Like our world’s Christianity, Viella serves as the headquarters of the Pope and believers of Rerihion.

Wind Land is where the Holy Roman Empire would be. In Wind Land, it is always spring, and the greeting is “Good wind” instead of “Good morning”.
I find it funny how Sablum is equivalent of the Byzantine Empire, and that Sablus is the god of Islam. When in fact, the Byzantine Empire back then is actually Christian Orthodox (the Eastern Roman Empire). While the Islamic empire at the time were the Seljuk Turks and the Fatimids Dynasties.

Then I remembered the saying that I think it goes like..... "When you start putting realities in an anime, God kills a cat girl". And I feel stupid all the sudden......
Old 2007-03-18, 03:06   Link #113
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Hmmm, I thought Utawarerumono started really slow, and then got faster and better for the rest of the series.

I dunno about plot. I wouldn't bank too much on the studio managing something mind-numbingly awesome for a non-fan if it's under 26 eps.
Old 2007-03-18, 03:15   Link #114
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Agree. The twist at/near the end of the show was a nice touch, I don't see why people are complaining about it...

As always with most (if not all) animes that were originally games, there's bound to be some stuff left out...
Old 2007-03-18, 07:55   Link #115
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
As always with most (if not all) animes that were originally games, there's bound to be some stuff left out...
Let's say there's not much option when you have 7 character arcs in total

Old 2007-03-18, 09:31   Link #116
MeganeShounen
Huh?

I've been wondering why the information about Sister Hel and Theresa isn't spoiler-tagged. I guess everyone can see through it anyway. But sadly, that's not the case for the game characters, Hyaweh included.

Like ayyo once mentioned in his blog, it's more of the "Superman effect", isn't it?

--------

Moving along, I checked ANN's page of Prism Ark's page recently, and of course, information for it was scarce there. There WAS that picture of the King and the Queen in the prologue, which was the sole picture there...

*wished that KOTOKO would sing the OP, but had to be content with her singing the Hayate no Gotoku OP instead*
Old 2007-03-18, 10:53   Link #117
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
I've been wondering why the information about Sister Hel and Theresa isn't spoiler-tagged. I guess everyone can see through it anyway. But sadly, that's not the case for the game characters, Hyaweh included.

Like ayyo once mentioned in his blog, it's more of the "Superman effect", isn't it?
Yeah, put some glasses on, and no one recognizes you
That kind of situations happen a lot in RPGs it's like a law nowadays...

If the anime is 26 episodes, then there will be a lot of things left out, covering all the character arcs would make it really big...which would be nice, but then again, who would buy the game after they seen the anime.

This probably applys to all other anime that were based fom games, like Kanon, Air, etc....
Old 2007-03-18, 12:04   Link #118
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
which would be nice, but then again, who would buy the game after they seen the anime.
If anything, I would think otherwise. I mean, it's like when a movie based on a novel gets released and the novel's sales immediately skyrocket. In this case, it's the same, people get curious out of the origin of the movie/series and go get the source.

Old 2007-03-18, 20:51   Link #119
MeganeShounen
Huh?

It's either like those video-game tie-ins of the past (ex. various Naruto games) that somehow used the franchise and the anime name to boost its own sales, or like .hack//GU that was synchronized with its own anime series. That latter boosted its own sales, as well as using the anime as some sort of background info source.

However, I'm betting that the anime wouldn't be able to tackle ALL of the story nuances like everyone else who have played the game in this thread mentioned. Also, seems like it's inevitable for the plot to have filler storylines... much like all of the other game-to-anime conversions..

*crosses fingers for something along the lines of a summer break/holliday episode that wouldn't be too braincell-burning*

... wait, do they even have summer breaks or similar times in Hyaweh's school?
Old 2007-03-18, 20:59   Link #120
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

I don't remember any... And if they have, it wasn't mentioned in the game.

The part I would love to see is the Beach part. That was SO damn funny!!

Tags
adventure, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, pajamasoft, romance, rpg, seinen