Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-25, 19:09   Link #1
Kay Hearts
Cute ahiru ^v^ *quack*

Ashita no Nadja

Is anybody here watching these series?

So far I´m loving every ep (just sad ep 5 has something wrong in the code when I dl´ed it T_T)

Ashita no Nadja is about a girl travelling around Europe with a "troupe" to find her mother (who for many years thought was dead). Yep, it´s a shoujo ^^

First I was just curious to see the new job by Izumi Todo. I loved previous Ojamajo Doremi so sure I´d give it a chance to Nadja. Though this one is not as much on the comedy side (as Doremi was) it sure has a cute and well told story (at least up to ep 12 which is where I´ve seen) as well as good animation and nice cg graphics in some points.

Like in Doremi, there´s quite a selection of characters, most of which you´ll finde more than twice in the series for sure, but all have well defined personalities.

I recomend it to everyone who likes shoujo

Oh, and if you´ve seen it already please comment ^_~*

Last edited by Kay Hearts; 2003-11-26 at 03:57.
Kay Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-25, 20:09   Link #2
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Yes! I love Ashita no Nadja. I started to feel like I was the only one. xD It's really cute. I can't wait to see the rest~ ^_^
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 04:02   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Heh. You're not the only one that loves this cute little show. I really hope that more gets subbed soon. It's a surprising blend of sweetly stereotypical with spicy unpredictable. Of course they know when they are following the standard stereotyples which is why they enjoy breaking the predictable events once in a while.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 04:37   Link #4
lordwu

See my avatar and you'll know you are not alone.

First few episodes are more warm-heartening and cute. But the plot got darker and more heart wrenching in the 30ish episodes when more secrets about Nadja and her mother and family were revealed. The show is quite stereotypical as NoSaninWa mentioned but I'm totally addicted to it even though I can somewhat guess what will happen next.
lordwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 04:57   Link #5
Kay Hearts
Cute ahiru ^v^ *quack*

yay! now I see I´m not alone ^-^!!!

Yep, I also think it´s typical but somehow, as with Doremi, they always do something to surprise you, either with story or character development.

lordwu, I also want a Nadja avatar now I´ve seen yours hehe (just need a little bit of time with my photoshop :P

So, you´ve seen up to ep 30 O_O (do you live in Japan?)

I´m also looking forward to anything that comes out from these series
Old 2003-11-26, 09:34   Link #6
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwu
See my avatar and you'll know you are not alone.

First few episodes are more warm-heartening and cute. But the plot got darker and more heart wrenching in the 30ish episodes when more secrets about Nadja and her mother and family were revealed. The show is quite stereotypical as NoSaninWa mentioned but I'm totally addicted to it even though I can somewhat guess what will happen next.
Geez.. Now it's gonna be harder for me to wait for the rest of the eps!
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-26, 18:37   Link #7
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Hearts
lordwu, I also want a Nadja avatar now I´ve seen yours hehe (just need a little bit of time with my photoshop :P
I was being lazy and just cut part of the image I found on the official website so it doens't really look good. I'd like to redo it when I get more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Hearts
So, you´ve seen up to ep 30 O_O (do you live in Japan?)
I´m also looking forward to anything that comes out from these series
No, I don't live in Japan. I just got the raws from P2P network. I was waiting for AC releases but finally gave in and decided to get the raws instead last week. Spent two days to get episode 13-40. The most recent episode aired in Japan is 41 so AC has a lot of catchup to do.
Old 2003-11-26, 18:45   Link #8
Kay Hearts
Cute ahiru ^v^ *quack*

oh I see ^^

sigh, I´ll just have to wait for AC release since bt is the only p2p program I´m abble to use and also because I don´t understand a bit of Japanese ^^u (well, right know after watching so many hours of anime I know the introductions like "Hi, my name is", "Good Night/Morning/Afternoon" but not much more than that hehe)

As for my av, I guess I´ll make it from a cap from some cute scene or something. thanks for the oficial page
Old 2003-12-02, 03:07   Link #9
lordwu

According to Futari wa Purikyua (Pretty Cure) official site, it will start airing on Feb. 1, 2004 at 8:30am. This is the exact same time slot as Ashita no Nadja and Pretty Cure can very well be the show that replaces Ashita no Nadja. If this is indeed the case, the last episode of Ashita no Nadja will be aired on Jan. 25, 2004 and will make it a 50 episode series. (Current episode is 42 which was aired on Nov. 30)
Old 2004-04-03, 04:35   Link #10
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I just watched the most recent batch of Ashita no Nadja episodes from AC. This show is getting better and better. I'm posting mostly because of a surprise that I realized after seeing The Secret of the Black Rose in episode 19.
Spoiler for Episode 19:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-04-03, 05:09   Link #11
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

lol, I was planning to make a "No Love for Nadja?" thread tonight but guess there is some love out there. ^^

I've watched from episode 30 till the end, and now I'm downloading the fansubs to catch up on what I missed. Simply put, Nadja is the BEST shoujo I have ever seen, I have rarely watched an anime this engrossing. Unlike others, there's no henshin sequence, no monsters, no fan service, no "I'm late for school," no school in fact. There is some hokey Cinderella romance, but, esp later, it focusses more on Nadja's journey to find her mother. The animation is above average, OP and ED are great, the music is BEAUTIFUL, the drama is captivating, and the villain (not Herman ;) ) is just the most evil in all anime. ^^ So I was sad to see it replaced by the more-downloaded generic shoujo Pretty Cure.

Anyway, just want to announce that in an hour or two, I'm by God leaving my computer on and seeding all the episodes for the next three days. I'm really hoping this show will catch on with more of you guys because I really want it licensed. This is the first anime I've seen that I know would be better dubbed since all these British people speaking Japanese is just kinda weird. ^^

Oh, and kudos to the fansubbers for doing a super job and not using any fancy font effects. :)
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 08:44   Link #12
-AR-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I just watched the most recent batch of Ashita no Nadja episodes from AC. This show is getting better and better. I'm posting mostly because of a surprise that I realized after seeing The Secret of the Black Rose in episode 19.
Spoiler for Episode 19:
Spoiler for later on in the series:
-AR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 11:15   Link #13
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Do my eyes decieve me? The next set of Nadja episodes are up on BT?? YES!! We may get through this series yet, though I'm still praying this series gets licensed soon because it was made to be heard in English.

Anyway, I just finished downloading it and will be seeding the show for the next six hours, so if you've never seen the greatest shoujo in recent history, now's your chance!

Once again, thanks to Anime Co for refusing to give up on this wonderful show and doing an excellent subbing job, too!
Cheesemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 04:37   Link #14
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Episodes 25 and 26 are out. It seems strange to get only 2 episodes at a time. Still, both of them were more than usually wonderful episodes and I'm very glad to get them. I just wonder what inspired AC to put them out before they finished the batch.

Spoiler for episode 26:

Old 2004-09-13, 09:53   Link #15
Pai
ハガレン fan

Quote:
Episodes 25 and 26 are out. It seems strange to get only 2 episodes at a time. Still, both of them were more than usually wonderful episodes and I'm very glad to get them. I just wonder what inspired AC to put them out before they finished the batch.
Ep. 25-26 are wonderful eps!
AC made a very good decision imo ;-D
Old 2004-09-13, 20:49   Link #16
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Love ep 26.
Spoiler:

Grifis
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 19:00   Link #17
nekodar
AC, NLA, HnK staff

Quote:
1) I had no more eps translated right now, but I hope that will change when one of the translators get back soon
2) being a 50 ep series, there would be a 2 ep batch somewhere anyway, and I thought this place fit nicely

The name of this "other" Francis, you will get to know in ep 30 iirc... For those who want to know now, I can say
Spoiler:

And was there noone that thought about the obvious hint from ep 2 together with ep 5?
Black Rose and White Rose...
And I think there are many hints that point to that they were not the same... (unless you count split personality theories )
nekodar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 04:50   Link #18
Kay Hearts
Cute ahiru ^v^ *quack*

After some months my college blocket out downloads, I´ve finally been able to see eps 25 and 26 (and suspect I´m missing some of the previous ones too) Both were great though I spoiled myself the surprise a while ago while looking at some Japanese fanart site ^^U and now I´ve seen "him" ...
Spoiler:
Old 2004-10-20, 12:30   Link #19
Shiorichan
Mistress of Froth-Bite

I too just finished watching the first 26 episodes of this series. I must admit that I am anxiously awaiting more, which is very rare for me because I'm usually very patient about waiting for fansubs since I understand how much time it takes to get it done.

Another thing I love about this series is the music. It's just fantastic! I was so thrilled to hear Clair de Lune in the background in 26. It's such a beautiful piece!

I'm very glad that this series is being subbed. ^^ It's just such a delightful story!
Shiorichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 16:26   Link #20
donna8157

Is this series similar to Utena or Princess Tutu?

What can you compare it to?
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote