AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-05, 08:30   Link #301
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I don't have an answer for that, but it's interesting to note that the cast billing on the official site and elsewhere goes in this order: Ayatsuji Tsukasa (Nazuka Kaori), Sakurai Rihoko (Shintani Ryouko), Tanamachi Kaoru (Satou Rina), Nakata Sae (Konno Hiromi), Nanasaki Ai (Yukana), Morishima Haruka (Itou Shizuka). This may mean nazuka Kaori is the "star."
Well like how Mao was for Kimikiss, Ayatsuji is the cover girl of Amagami so that's why Nazuka Kaori has the top billing in cast listing.

Also if you look at the game and anime website Ayatsuji is the girl they have up everywhere, I think she got the first manga adaption as well... if this was a typical harem show Ayatsuji would've more than likely have come out on top.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 09:51   Link #302
Wrath88
Kissing...

No shipping huh? Maybe that will come at the end of this series where the respective groups go 'My girl had the better ending!'

Btw, Bonta Kun, nice avatar. That look suits Sae and Kaoru the best, IMO, though I might be biased in Kaoru's case.

That was some quick thread growth, did most of the Maou ppl jump to this thread? I know I saw mangatron (previously known as Eikotron)
Old 2010-07-05, 10:00   Link #303
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
As far as I know, it's 24 episodes and not 26, right?
It will be 26 episodes on the DVDs/BDs at least, but no one's quite sure what the last disc will contain yet as it has no heroine name associated with it. 26 episodes on 13 DVDs/BDs at 2 episodes each.
Old 2010-07-05, 10:02   Link #304
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
That was some quick thread growth, did most of the Maou ppl jump to this thread? I know I saw mangatron (previously known as Eikotron)
Heh, Eikotron It is probably like my case, where I wanted, hmm, closure? Or what was that... see, Dai Maou didn't give us some stuff, like a harem, or romance, and I'm hoping for some of that here. Well, it's guaranteed romance here, so basically I'm in here for what Dai Maou didn't have

Quote:
No shipping huh? Maybe that will come at the end of this series where the respective groups go 'My girl had the better ending!'
Yeah, once the dust settles there may be the "battle of the endings", which for once, everyone is a winner!

What happens to us who like more than one girl? Do we automatically gain an upper hand over those that don't?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 14:37   Link #305
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
What happens to us who like more than one girl? Do we automatically gain an upper hand over those that don't?
I'm usually not happy with endings and neither with alternative settings that are so poorly made like Da Capo's If and Kimi ga Next Season.
But those dating game based animes should get OVAs so we could watch all endings adapted.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 20:14   Link #306
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So there'll be many arc with every girls like PS2 game .

Does Morishima's arc already end lol
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 21:12   Link #307
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

I haven't touched the highschool romance genre since Clannad AS and have no prior knowledge of Amagami. How the story's being handled in a non-harem way caught my curiosity (really though what really drew me in is Tanamachi's hair *cough*) The girls are interesting enough but I've a strong urge to slap Junichi for being mopey. Might stick around.
Old 2010-07-05, 21:16   Link #308
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circlebutton View Post
I haven't touched the highschool romance genre since Clannad AS and have no prior knowledge of Amagami. How the story's being handled in a non-harem way caught my curiosity (really though what really drew me in is Tanamachi's hair *cough*) The girls are interesting enough but I've a strong urge to slap Junichi for being mopey. Might stick around.
After Story is actually not really considered School Life anymore, it's more Slice of Life if anything The first season is definitely School Life though.

I'm not fond of Junichi's melancholic attitude either, but I hope he develops into a decent male lead, although I wouldn't expect to see him on Tomoya Okazaki's level.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 21:43   Link #309
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Finally watched the first episode and this was awesome. Truly. It was well done all around and the protagonist is very good. Plus the poses and freezes for Haruka were aahhsumm.

My expectations have risen.

The page count of this thread nearly quadrupled inside of seven days. We'll be needing a separate forum I think.

And which fansubs is everyone going with? It's a tough choice here.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-07-05 at 21:57.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 00:15   Link #310
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Kaoru seems like a tomboyish-aggressive type whose hobby it is to push girls to confess ... I can imagine that mixing this with romance of her own can become quite interesting. She's gonna have the second arc, so sign me up!
Exactly my thoughts too Mentar and glad to see you around again. I also did not know much about your tastes and so glad to know about them.

[mod edit: removed quoted spoiler]

You know what? I wonder if they plan to end each arc with a what if it went good? Kind of like to screw us all over in not knowing which girl he will take but at the end something happens and that will be the girl.....anyone think something like that might be?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-07-06 at 14:28. Reason: removed quoted spoiler
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 00:36   Link #311
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

solid show. that makes it 2 for 2 with HOTD. looks like a good high school romance. i like the designs and the personalities. yandere sister? interesting.

also, i will find some way to ship someone. trust me.. haha

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 00:43   Link #312
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

So far this fills my "high school romance" quota for the season... unless I'm missing something else. Definitely like how this starts. I'm in. Especially a show where pretty much all the girls win... well, except for imouto Miya...
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:02   Link #313
GDB

Quote:
*snip*
Stop having the same basic thoughts on characters as me! But anyway, yeah I pretty much feel the same (though I haven't read the manga, I appreciate knowing their names since the first episode only really told you three of them) except I'm not really looking forward to Kaoru's arc either. But either way, I think I'm looking forward to Ai's arc the most, just based on character design and that little sneak peak of traits you gave.

By the way, is there a list of the order of arcs?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:36   Link #314
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Someone already posted the order of arcs in one of the earlier pages of this thread.

Actually, if you go the Japanese homepage of the anime and check the character profiles, the girls are already listed in order.

1. Haruka Morishima (senpai)
2. Kaoru Tanamachi (sexy hair)
3. Sae Nakata (shy girl)
4. Ai Nanasaki (swimmer)
5. Rihoko Sakurai (big-chested klutz)
6. Tsukasa Ayatsuji (class rep)
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 01:39   Link #315
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
1) Shizuka Itou as Haruka Morishima

2) Rina Satou as Kaoru Tanamachi

3) Hiromi Konno as Sae Nakata

4) Yukana as Ai Nanasaki

5) Ryoko Shintani as Rihoko Sakurai

6) Kaori Nazuka as Tsukasa Ayatsuji

This is the official sequence of EDs.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 02:09   Link #316
wingman32x

Quote:
1) Shizuka Itou as Haruka Morishima

2) Rina Satou as Kaoru Tanamachi

3) Hiromi Konno as Sae Nakata

4) Yukana as Ai Nanasaki

5) Ryoko Shintani as Rihoko Sakurai

6) Kaori Nazuka as Tsukasa Ayatsuji

This is the official sequence of EDs.
I had a feeling either Ayatsuji or Nanasaki would go last. Can't wait to see Sae an Kaoru's arcs.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 03:27   Link #317
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I had a feeling either Ayatsuji or Nanasaki would go last.
Makes sense that they'd have the girl that appears on most of the official images by herself go last.
Old 2010-07-06, 03:35   Link #318
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Makes sense that they'd have the girl that appears on most of the official images by herself go last.
I know, that's why I had that feeling. It could have easily been Nanasaki though, since she appears to be the most popular character over in Japan (Based on what I've heard on various forums).
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 04:38   Link #319
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
DragoonKain3 is one unfortunate victim of such , but I think it's works well overall for most people. There's 6 months of Amagami after all, better make the most of it.
Yeah, tell me about it.

I mean, if they showed Rihoko first, I'd be done and over with the series. But nooo, they just had to put her second to the last. Worst part about this is that they started with Haruka, which is extra excruciating as she's mai waifu material, which is a double whammy for me. Guy already should go to Rihoko... Haruka is mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The best part about the arc idea: no shipping.
Nah, shipping would always thrive, if there are ships out there that are popular despite canon formally sinking their ship is of any indication.

If you're talking about 'ship-to-ship combat', then yes, the arc idea kinda puts that to a slow. Not to a complete halt though, as there's still plenty of ammunition out there to use if people really wanted to start one lol. People here have mentioned some of it, including importance of girl via broadcast order, which girl is most used for promotional items, popularity vote, or later on which ones had the most important ending. And that's not going to the fact that there's 2 extra episodes, of which is fair game to speculation on how those episodes are a boon for their respective ship. etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
Well like how Mao was for Kimikiss, Ayatsuji is the cover girl of Amagami so that's why Nazuka Kaori has the top billing in cast listing.
Wait a minute... I thought it was Yuumi who was cover girl for KimiKiss? At least my Japanese friend's PS2 game had her on the cover IIRC.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 04:47   Link #320
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I know, that's why I had that feeling. It could have easily been Nanasaki though, since she appears to be the most popular character over in Japan (Based on what I've heard on various forums).
I can understand why she's so popular going by what i've read in the manga, though i wouldn't place her as a main girl like i would with Ayatsuji.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people here don't know who Nanasaki is . She only appeared in this episode for a few seconds at the pool.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen