Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-18, 11:03   Link #161
BiZz
God ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
That's it, I'm keeping this series. Tamao x Nagisa FTW!

In the preview to episode 3, seems like poor Nagisa got kidnapped again. Tamao! Protect Nagisa from the evil clutches of Shizuma!!!

Her kiss would probably suck the soul out of Nagisa. Shizuma's nothing but a "kissing vampire".

I want the same power
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 11:08   Link #162
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Strawberry Panic 1 (Xvid/H.264) out by Doremi-fansubs. Time to play catch up, I guess.

I like Tamao-chan the best!
Great to hear you are doing this show as well.

Guess is time to download eps. 1.......again
Old 2006-04-18, 11:13   Link #163
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Strawberry Panic 1 (Xvid/H.264) out by Doremi-fansubs. Time to play catch up, I guess.

I like Tamao-chan the best!
Great, I was hoping antoher group would this series on. No offense to serin but there font is way too small.
Old 2006-04-18, 11:22   Link #164
Ness
Music Whore

Send a message via MSN to Ness
There's a spanish sub of the second episode available already. I'm not Spanish, but I'm Portuguese, so I can understand somewhat the language. But I dislike Spanish, so I'm probably not going to download it. XP

Chapter 4 (manga) is out too.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 11:25   Link #165
Seiryuu

I love watching this, especially alongside Joshikosei for the stark contrast. I've a question though:
I may likely have missed it somewhere, but has something changed concerning the Media Factory issue? Doesn't seem to be anything in the threads I've found, so MF shows are still banned here, right? Did this show break off of MF, did the rules change, or were the torrents posted accidentally?
I have to wonder, with the number of Catholic girl-school romance stories like SP, even classical stories from Europe and America, whether there is any historical or modern basis for the idea or whether it's really just a fantasy designed to get us guys drooling.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 16:24   Link #166
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness
There's a spanish sub of the second episode available already. I'm not Spanish, but I'm Portuguese, so I can understand somewhat the language. But I dislike Spanish, so I'm probably not going to download it. XP

Chapter 4 (manga) is out too.
Kinda agree with you there. Eventhough I am Mexican, I almost always prefer the english releases. I dont hate subs in spanish though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I may likely have missed it somewhere, but has something changed concerning the Media Factory issue? Doesn't seem to be anything in the threads I've found, so MF shows are still banned here, right? Did this show break off of MF, did the rules change, or were the torrents posted accidentally?
I think page 4 of this thread has some posts commenting this and a possible answer as to why they are listed now.
Old 2006-04-18, 17:25   Link #167
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I think page 4 of this thread has some posts commenting this and a possible answer as to why they are listed now.
If you look at the very first post of this thread you will find your answer.

Sorry but I have no idea why the torrent was added to AnimeSuki since it was agreed it was a Media Factory Production.

Quote:
While Strawberry Panic has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Strawberry Panic downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Strawberry Panic fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Strawberry Panic.
  • Asking for playback help for Strawberry Panic episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 20:01   Link #168
tritoch

eh.. more like Gokujou Seitokai with the added yuriness factor.. It is good though and im looking forward for some more =o
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 20:55   Link #169
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
That's it, I'm keeping this series. Tamao x Nagisa FTW!

In the preview to episode 3, seems like poor Nagisa got kidnapped again. Tamao! Protect Nagisa from the evil clutches of Shizuma!!!

Her kiss would probably suck the soul out of Nagisa. Shizuma's nothing but a "kissing vampire".
noooo! i like nagisa x shizuma pairing! i won't let you!!!! btw, how on earth did shizuma knew that nagisa was on the library? did she know that it was nagisa who saw her kissing the random girl?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 06:53   Link #170
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
noooo! i like nagisa x shizuma pairing! i won't let you!!!! btw, how on earth did shizuma knew that nagisa was on the library? did she know that it was nagisa who saw her kissing the random girl?
I'd like to see you try and break Tamao and Nagisa apart!

It's only natural for Shizuma to easily track her number one target down as easily as a wolf smelling its prey.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 11:25   Link #171
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
It's only natural for Shizuma to easily track her number one target down as easily as a wolf smelling its prey.
she seems to like nagisa way better than any girls she had before. hmm, i wonder what kind of "spell" shizuma put nagisa on when she tries to kiss her?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-04-19, 16:19   Link #172
Gankutsuou

I just finished watching the first two episodes of this series! And oh my, this series is sooooo good! It's turning out to be one of my favorite series ever. The animation is also very solid and pretty. I really like the various pairings offered in the series. My favorite character so far is Tamao. She's very similar to that girl in Cardcaptor Sakura. I think she was also a lesbian----Sakura's best friend?

Anyway, i'm looking forward to episode 3!
Gankutsuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 16:45   Link #173
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankutsuou
I just finished watching the first two episodes of this series! And oh my, this series is sooooo good! It's turning out to be one of my favorite series ever. The animation is also very solid and pretty. I really like the various pairings offered in the series. My favorite character so far is Tamao. She's very similar to that girl in Cardcaptor Sakura. I think she was also a lesbian----Sakura's best friend?

Anyway, i'm looking forward to episode 3!
Tomoyo was indeed a lesbian with feelings for Sakura in the original release (mirroring her mother's feelings for Sakura's mother, IIRC), but this was both not translated at all in the American version *and* retconned by CLAMP making them just very good friends instead. At least, that's how I remember it. I'm sure someone with stronger CLAMP-fu will come along and correct this.
Spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 16:48   Link #174
Meliavor
:O

Very nice show, reminds me a lot of Marimite, mostly the schools atmosphere and the background music.
Really looking forward to the next episode ^^
Meliavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-19, 17:03   Link #175
Gankutsuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum
Tomoyo was indeed a lesbian with feelings for Sakura in the original release (mirroring her mother's feelings for Sakura's mother, IIRC), but this was both not translated at all in the American version *and* retconned by CLAMP making them just very good friends instead. At least, that's how I remember it. I'm sure someone with stronger CLAMP-fu will come along and correct this.

Yeah i know that the American version of CCS was censored and edited a lot. Argh. Anyway, i hope this series gets licensed. The characters are very interesting. It seems like Etoile is a big pervert! She tries to kiss every cute girl. I wonder how the relationship will continue like. Do you guys think Shizuma has already fallen in love with Nagisa?
Gankutsuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-22, 10:53   Link #176
Dav

Looks like it. Or she's just being her usual player self.

But they're destined to be together at the end anyway (probably).

However... Despite Nagisa X Shizuma being in the spotlight, I'm far more interested in another couple (They're my favorite and they look like the best coupling, but that's just my personal opinion ^^).

They are...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dav; 2006-04-24 at 11:27.
Dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 20:36   Link #177
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler:

Anyway, this episode was not too interesting. I am starting to hate all the "I can't move when Shizuma-sama looks at me" sequences. Nothing really funny, too. If it keeps on getting worse with every episode like that I will stop watching.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 20:39   Link #178
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Shizuma almost had Nagisa-chan there (the time when Nagisa is looking for her) -> too bad for Shizuma
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-04-23, 22:47   Link #179
Fishbait

Hehehe, it's getting interesting. I wonder how much the anime will focus on the other people. But since this is an all girl school.....anyone is fine

Personally, I like to see more of Shizuma
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 09:03   Link #180
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It seems to me that we'll get a lil' introduction into a new character, or maybe more then just one each episode.. i'm really loving it.

Personally my fav' upto now has to be Shizuma, its Arcueid from the Tsukihime anime all over again. <3

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri