AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-25, 15:24   Link #21
BOZZY

I personally prefer the S-C version... But they were slow for releasing episodes 9 (and I think 10) at which time I switched to Lunar's releases...

I don't really have much of a problem with either of the two... I'm not a quality junkie (as long as the picture is clear enough to watch) so whichever one I can get my hands is more then alright...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 23:29   Link #22
acefighter
Banned

im picking a4l mainly because thier newer and do an okay job
acefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 05:44   Link #23
Rurouni

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOforever1
My vote is on lunar only because of my personal preference for AC3 and WMP9
The subs are adequate for me now, since i just want to watch these episodes more then anything :P
AC3 as in DD5.1?
Rurouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 12:54   Link #24
lamer_de

No, as in DD2.0 (=stereo). Pretty useless to encode in AC3 imho, as there are no DVDs yet and AC3 isn't broadcasted either (at least to my knowledge, HDTV streams carry AAC encoded streams [if they have access to the raw streams, that is])

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-01-29, 06:00   Link #25
CaptTylor

Send a message via ICQ to CaptTylor
hey, lamer_de, no flames here. I've enjoyed alot of what your group puts out. Are you continuing the subs of Wolf's Rain? That was some pretty cool work. I haven't seen what your group is doing recently, and I know that membership changes, sometimes often, but I hope things are still going well for you guys.

-CaptTylor, translator, Anime4Life
CaptTylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 08:45   Link #26
lamer_de

Sorry, didn't mean to flame, just giving my opinion from a "technical" point of view. Sorry if it sounded like that.

They release their version with Xvid/mp3 aswell, so they provide an alternative for those who don't like wmv9/ac3, which I think is a very good thing. I personally don't watch Mabu, so I wouldn't attempt to judge any version regarding the quality, I was just wondering why they chose AC3 over MP3.

Wolf's Rain is licensed by Bandai, and that includes those unaired episodes aswell. That means we won't sub it.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-01-30, 12:07   Link #27
AnimeLover2004

Is there anyway to ask those people of Anime-Keep to continue thier work on Maburaho episodes? I am badly wanting their files. The others are just either too big the file and takes a long time to download due to very few seeders and peers and they limited their upload speeds until my downloading rate for Anime4Live for episode 11 took 4 days to complete but to my worst nightmare it is a corrupted file and I can't fix it even my friend passed me his best software that he used to fix corrupted files.

Is there a thread to ask those Anime-Keep fellows to continue fansubing this anime?
AnimeLover2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 13:21   Link #28
lamer_de

Our translator is on 56k dial-up atm, so things get delayed. We're still working on it. It gets released when it's done.

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2004-01-31, 00:56   Link #29
Naruto Kun

Hello,

I have a few questions:

1. Is Sugar Cube the best in all areas?? Meaning their subtitles are visible? I have seen some where the subbs are white and blend in way too much with the background and make it impossible to read them

2. Are the translations gramatically correct and do the sentences make sense? I saw an Inuyasha episode once that had Sessomerou saying "You guy like you can never this sword learn" and that made no sense at all. That is what I mean by "making sense.

3. Can I only download to my hardrive or can I download it to a CD? Can it be a CDR or does it have to be a DVD disk? For some reason when I put in a CDR it says "please insert disk into drive E" but I use CDR's for pictures all the time so I know my computer can read CDR disks, but has not been doing so when I try to download to a CDR.

Please help a poor ingnorant newbie here.......
Thanks in advanced,

Naruto Kun
Naruto Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 01:21   Link #30
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto Kun
Hello,

I have a few questions:

1. Is Sugar Cube the best in all areas?? Meaning their subtitles are visible? I have seen some where the subbs are white and blend in way too much with the background and make it impossible to read them

2. Are the translations gramatically correct and do the sentences make sense? I saw an Inuyasha episode once that had Sessomerou saying "You guy like you can never this sword learn" and that made no sense at all. That is what I mean by "making sense.

3. Can I only download to my hardrive or can I download it to a CD? Can it be a CDR or does it have to be a DVD disk? For some reason when I put in a CDR it says "please insert disk into drive E" but I use CDR's for pictures all the time so I know my computer can read CDR disks, but has not been doing so when I try to download to a CDR.

Please help a poor ingnorant newbie here.......
Thanks in advanced,

Naruto Kun
Hummmmm. It downloads to your hard drive then once is done you can burn it to a CD-R if you want. Sugar Cube does a good job. The only beef I have with Lunar is that the video files are bigger than the rest, which means they have the best quality. At least thats what I think.
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 01:24   Link #31
Shift_

So far I've switched over to lunar, the encode is the best, I don't mind AC3, and WMV9 is REALLY REALLY nice compared to Xvid 1.0 (for video anyways)

Plus the 230MB size doesn't really bother me just because I burn stuff onto DVD
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 09:26   Link #32
Naruto Kun

Thanks corp20 that was very helpful. I just wanted to avoid taking up space on my hard drive by downloading directly onto a CDR or DVD. Ah well, suppose I can just delete it once it is burned on a CDR.
Thanks again corp20

Naruto Kun

ps Do I need a CD Burner to put it on a CDR or a regular CD/DVD player reader with media player? It appears Media player does not read that type of file so it does not play it even though I already downloaded the 3ivx and the MP4 player reader Bittorrent something and still cannot play it, anything else I need??

Last edited by Naruto Kun; 2004-01-31 at 09:55.
Naruto Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 11:44   Link #33
Shift_

you need a CD burner to burn stuff onto CDs like you need a DVD burner to burn stuff onto DVDs
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 20:18   Link #34
Mirror_ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro
I would second Sugar-Cube. I'll be sticking to them for Maburaho
unless they decide to drop it (or my patience runs out )
Heh, Sorry. I got wrapped up in school work and finals. ep 11 should be out one of these days ^_^; (Cyprene and I were, uh, at a misunderstanding of who was tling ep 11)
Mirror_ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 20:30   Link #35
Flippy
Hey look behind you!!Haha

Yeah Anime-Keep!
I love the font that they use but it kind of sux that they haven't made releases up to 14 yet.
Flippy is offline   Reply With Quote