Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-09-13, 20:48   Link #41
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Gilby View Post
fine i wont say anything til i go back in that episode which is in the orochimaru vs 3rd fight to see when and where it says that the hideouts are either water or explosion proof because they arent they just arent you're just mad because whatever you say is easily dismissable but ok ill come back with "evidence" if you will but first a shower x.x
You're right, they'd only be able to hide in the city, they'd have no idea Akatsuki was coming, and they'd have no chance of defending themselves...you're absolutely right, I'm totally wrong...my sincere apologies
Old 2007-09-13, 21:22   Link #42
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I do not think it is fanboyism to believe that Akatsuki could defeat Konoha. Akatsuki is extremely powerful no doubt about that. Pein practically overthrew a village by himself, a village headed by a shinobi strong enough to defeat the Sannin. Then you have Itachi who single-handedly murdered the entire Uchiha clan, a clan of elite shinobi. And who knows what the hell Tobi/Madara is capable of if the even the Kyuubi is impressed by his chakra and a guy like Pein is his underling. And it's safe to say Zetsu, Konan and Kisame aren't slouches either. It was said Sasori laid a small country to waste. Akatsuki being able destroy Konoha with just a handful of it's members is easy to imagine.

Yes, Konoha has managed to defeat Akatsuki members with small teams. Yet, I wonder how they'd do without all the beforehand knowledge, second chances, prep time and nick-of-time saves that they've received with every encounter? The only team to face an Akatsuki member with no idea what they were up against was Team Gai and they got a watered-down Kisame. What would they do if Akatsuki suddenly attacked them flat-footed?

And yes, Konoha has plenty of other ninja besides Kakashi, Gai and Tsunade. But ANBU and Sasuke's training post-timeskip have shown us what happens to average, no-name ninja. They get defeated quickly. Most Konoha ninja are closer strength to Genma, Shizune, Raidou and Ebisu. These are "good" ninja but they'd be defeated quickly by Akatsuki. And average chuunin like Iruka would be slaughtered. Maybe some of the more experience and talented ones like Hiashi and Shikaku can put up a resistance, but that is not a guarantee.

Calling on the Sand allies for help? That might give Konoha a chance... if Konoha wasn't already destroyed in the time it would take for Konoha's message to reach the Sand, the Sand to gather a team, and travel then to Konoha, a few days journey.

So yeah, I think there's been given plenty of reasons to say Akatsuki could defeat Konoha.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 21:24   Link #43
Cmart
Green Beast of the East

Send a message via AIM to Cmart
Just my opinion, but there are only 6 Akatsuki members left, or at least i think so. You must not realize how many elite ninja are actually in Konoha. Jaraiya, Tsunade, Kakashi, Gai-these four are ones you dont want to play around with. Plus you got Neji and his entire clan, Shikamaru and his dad, Choji and his family, naruto, Sakura, Kiba, Shino, plus ANBU and root. All Konoha would have to do is come up with a fairly easy strategy and they would be able to defeat Akatsuki, but not without great loss, plus wherever Itachi goes Sasuke wont be far behind and he has Hebi with him. Ill post more later if i feel the need to elaborate further. Im not trying to bash anyone btw
Cmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 21:33   Link #44
Super_Gilby
Shadow Of Death

Send a message via MSN to Super_Gilby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
You're right, they'd only be able to hide in the city, they'd have no idea Akatsuki was coming, and they'd have no chance of defending themselves...you're absolutely right, I'm totally wrong...my sincere apologies
yay it's ok i know im a fan boy but it's nice to see you admit when your wrong now kiss my boots... also I love Sabaku Kyu x.x
Super_Gilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 21:40   Link #45
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Gilby View Post
yay it's ok i know im a fan boy but it's nice to see you admit when your wrong now kiss my boots... also I love Sabaku Kyu x.x
I hope you know I was being sarcastic...but it is nice to see you respect someone who's been flexible and understanding in his beliefs...makes me think you're not as hard-headed as I originally thought...
Old 2007-09-14, 03:10   Link #46
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well i'd say definetly....it is possible....but that definetly not going to happen...period.

With the Sannin soon goon....the only ones to defend Konoha are...

The Elite Jounins: Kakashi, Gai, Kurenai, Shizune, Yamato
I expect something from (jounins): Ibiki, Anko, Genma, Raido, Neji, Hiashi & all other (dad/moms from the rookie genins)

And Naruto & Sakura with all the others will be the only ones who can truly defend the village. But i doubt it will be enough...(at the moment)
Old 2007-09-14, 05:27   Link #47
F3rNanD3s

hmmm.... from the comparison of powr gauge between the 2 sides, i would say it wil be a close fight, with Konoha having a edge over them though.

Akatsuki as a 'team' is simply more than enough to wipe out a Country/Village.

But Konoha is tooo strong of a Village to be annihilated...... not becoz of their number of highly skilled shinobis BUT their stubborn Konoha trademark bonds of having to protect your love ones with everything you've got.
this is the 'will' which has etched deep into all Konoha Citizens ever since the 1st & 2nd generation.
Just look at Naruto, imagine 95% if the villagers are like him....
Even younger generations like Konohamaru etc will pose of a big problm to the opponents somehow or another with that 'will'.

THUS,

NO WAY that Konoha will fall under the hands of Akatsuki.

Last edited by F3rNanD3s; 2007-09-14 at 05:35. Reason: unfinished typing... XD
F3rNanD3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 08:47   Link #48
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well i'd say definetly....it is possible....but that definetly not going to happen...period.

With the Sannin soon goon....the only ones to defend Konoha are...

The Elite Jounins: Kakashi, Gai, Kurenai, Shizune, Yamato
I expect something from (jounins): Ibiki, Anko, Genma, Raido, Neji, Hiashi & all other (dad/moms from the rookie genins)

And Naruto & Sakura with all the others will be the only ones who can truly defend the village. But i doubt it will be enough...(at the moment)
I guess we could place Ebisu probably up there too...As arrogant as he is he seems to still be pretty high lvl and probably can be considered one of the elites. Even Kakashi thinks that Ebisu is pretty good...

But I agree that it is possible, but really I think it could go either way. In that case than would it be wise to take that risk. I think Akatsuki would want to wait and plan their attack and know that they will win rather than just thinking they will win.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 12:26   Link #49
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Akatsuki could destroy Konoha, not because of their own abilities but because they have a number of bijuus at their disposal.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 12:26   Link #50
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

But the question isn't about whether or not they could use the Bijuu's to take it down, it's whether they themselves could do it.
Old 2007-09-14, 12:38   Link #51
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
But the question isn't about whether or not they could use the Bijuu's to take it down, it's whether they themselves could do it.
Well akatsuki has these demons to use so I don't understand why they wouldn't use them. But if the Akatsuki organization didn't exist (meaning they didn't have the bijuus) and was just an attack group of the remaining members, then no, no they couldn't; not at least until we seen Konan and Pein's abilities.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 05:46   Link #52
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
Akatsuki could destroy Konoha, not because of their own abilities but because they have a number of bijuus at their disposal.
If this Pein is really that bad ass....then it would mean that the Sannin (even now) combined wouldnt win against Pein. And so far...all shinobi in Konoha are below the level of the current and remaining Sannin.

Then there are questions about Pein's homies that are sleeping down there..
It may be even possible that Pein could take out of Konoha all by himself.
Old 2007-09-18, 08:13   Link #53
amOKchen
duel me

Why is it assumed that Kukazu was one of the weaker akatsuki members?
The first hokage killed/won over Uchiha Madara, Kukazu stood his ground against the very same shinobi and was still alive and kicking. Also it seems that kukazu took some pride in his battle with the first.

Aside from that, attacking Konoha head on would contradict with akatsuki's initial plans. They want to control all wars so they can dissolve all hidden ninja villages at once.

If it comes down to it though, I beleive that akatsuki could crush Konoha if they attacked together. Low chakra types like itachi would probably die though..
amOKchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 08:23   Link #54
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by amOKchen View Post
Why is it assumed that Kukazu was one of the weaker akatsuki members?The first hokage killed/won over Uchiha Madara, Kukazu stood his ground against the very same shinobi and was still alive and kicking. Also it seems that kukazu took some pride in his battle with the first.

Aside from that, attacking Konoha head on would contradict with akatsuki's initial plans. They want to control all wars so they can dissolve all hidden ninja villages at once.

If it comes down to it though, I beleive that akatsuki could crush Konoha if they attacked together. Low chakra types like itachi would probably die though..
Probably because most cant stand it that Naruto defeated him. Not only that Naruto did it with 1 hit. (though probably the most powerfull (offensive) technique so far.)

Or because he let himself be fooled by Naruto...either way...most here dont accept him as a strong person because he lost to Naruto.
Old 2007-09-18, 08:54   Link #55
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
No way, lets see it this way:

Kakashi can take one akatsuki on his own.
The same goes for Gai as well, but maybe heŽd have to sacrifice by opening 8 gates.
Jiraya can take an Akatsuki on his own.
Yamato maybe too, if not, Naruto would help him do it

Two akatsukies left, which would be defeated, by the sheer number of chuunin / jounin:

Rock Lee, Shikamaru, Shino, Kiba, Ten Ten, Neji, Sakura, Ino, Chouji, Ebisu, Kurenai, etc....on top of that, there are still the ANBU and Godaime.

As long as Jiraya, Kakashi, Yamato, Tsunade and Gai are alive, I see no chance for the remaining akatsuki members to defeat Konoha on their own.
Old 2007-09-18, 09:39   Link #56
tatami
back in black

wtf you talking about? with preparations and from a good distance kakashi himself will be enough for all akatsuki members together. one MS tadaaa no more akatsuki...

as i said before power differs circumstances differs and anything can effect the battle...

both can be happen...akatsuki wins or konoha wins...it depends on too many other elements which are not clear so there is no point debating about it.

is there anyone who can say kakashi can not took all them out with his MS ?
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 10:15   Link #57
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
Yes. Kakashi has never been shown to be able to control his MS well enough to take out multiple targets at once (even if we were to imagine a situation where all the Akatsuki would conveniently be in Kakashi's line of sight at the same time).

But as long as we're coming to half-baked conclusions, I'm going to go ahead and say that Itachi could incinerate them all at once with Amaterasu.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 11:52   Link #58
Irkalla
I asked for this

Yeah, they could probably do it, but it just ain't gonna happen.
I don't think you can just sum a bunch of ordinal shinobi power against an akatsuki, they would die instantly, any kind of power calculation is futile in this case imho.
Not to mention that it's hard to have a team working shinobi group of more than 4 people, this I think was also stated in the manga.
But anyway this is not really a topic to be discussed, since everything totally depends on the circumstances and the authors point of view.
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-18, 11:59   Link #59
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
No way, lets see it this way:

Kakashi can take one akatsuki on his own.
The same goes for Gai as well, but maybe heŽd have to sacrifice by opening 8 gates.
Jiraya can take an Akatsuki on his own.
Yamato maybe too, if not, Naruto would help him do it

Two akatsukies left, which would be defeated, by the sheer number of chuunin / jounin:

Rock Lee, Shikamaru, Shino, Kiba, Ten Ten, Neji, Sakura, Ino, Chouji, Ebisu, Kurenai, etc....on top of that, there are still the ANBU and Godaime.

As long as Jiraya, Kakashi, Yamato, Tsunade and Gai are alive, I see no chance for the remaining akatsuki members to defeat Konoha on their own.
No..you are wrong. There is a good chance that the remaining Akatsuki Members are the most powerfull ones.

Jiraiya is about to face the strongest Akatsuki Member...(he will almost certainly die)

Kakashi isnt able to defeat the remaining guy's alone. (Zetsu, Konan abilities are hard to predict)

Gai...is definetly stronger and perhaps equal to Jiraiya or Tsunade with 8 gates open....he may be able to defeat 1 Akatsuki Member on his own ....at the cost of his own life.

Yamato....no i'd say he isnt able to do it. He has the powers of the Shodai but he isnt as strong as the Shodai (i think)...i dont think he is capable of fighting one Akatsuki Member evenly...or win.

It's not like Akatsuki will wait till the right guys have formed to face them....This Pein already seems too much for pretty much every jounin combined in Konoha.
(Well...that is what i assumed after a victory on Hanzou without visible injuries)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
wtf you talking about? with preparations and from a good distance kakashi himself will be enough for all akatsuki members together. one MS tadaaa no more akatsuki...

as i said before power differs circumstances differs and anything can effect the battle...

both can be happen...akatsuki wins or konoha wins...it depends on too many other elements which are not clear so there is no point debating about it.

Meh! He cant do that...unlikely...

Kakashi had trouble using it 2 times. And fainted after the 3rd time.
He has difficulty hitting 1 moving target....do you think the Akatsuki Members will wait while Kakashi tries to blow them away...1 at a time?

I dont even think he can make them vanish all at once.
Old 2007-09-18, 12:08   Link #60
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

What is with all the comparing Pein's abilities to the Sannin through Hanzou? We don't know that Pein ever fought Hanzou one-on-one (it was speculation from the two nins Jiraiya was interrogating), nor do we know that Hanzou ever actually fought the Sannin (just because he was there talking to them, doesn't mean they did battle). The bottom line is, we don't know enough about either Akatsuki (so many members with unknown powers) or Konoha (it's a freaking village, I'm sure there are lots of powerful shinobi) to accurately predict what would happen if Akatsuki were to attack.