AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2009-05-03, 08:36   Link #21
Ash Falls Town

I've noticed that you're adding the MFI titles back to the site. Plus that you updated your Media Factory page.
Are you going to eventually add all the MFI titles that have been released that you haven't put up yet? It's just that I can't find Daughter of Twenty Faces on the series list in spite there being translations and torrents out for it.

Also it's been a while since anybody has posted in this thread so I was wondering if you finally made your decision on streaming only licenses. It's just that I noticed that School Days is still on the series list which it shouldn't be if you decided to remove licensed stream torrents. However series like Shugo Chara are still in the licensed forum which doesn't make sense if you decide to not remove stream only licenses.

Anyway I'm basically confused by how you're implementing this policy.
Old 2009-05-03, 10:01   Link #22
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
I've noticed that you're adding the MFI titles back to the site. Plus that you updated your Media Factory page.
The irony being there is a rumor going around that MFI has started C&D'ing individual users via bayTSP ala Aniplex.

Quote:
Also it's been a while since anybody has posted in this thread so I was wondering if you finally made your decision on streaming only licenses. It's just that I noticed that School Days is still on the series list which it shouldn't be if you decided to remove licensed stream torrents. However series like Shugo Chara are still in the licensed forum which doesn't make sense if you decide to not remove stream only licenses.

Anyway I'm basically confused by how you're implementing this policy.
Put me down too on this confused list. This gets especially odd when you have some series sharing threads where one part of the series is a streaming license and the other part isn't.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-03, 10:24   Link #23
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Are you going to eventually add all the MFI titles that have been released that you haven't put up yet? It's just that I can't find Daughter of Twenty Faces on the series list in spite there being translations and torrents out for it.
Yes, I've decided to no longer give the MFI request any special treatment compared to other C&D's we've received.

Please give me/us some time to add older titles though - expect this process to take a few days/weeks.

Quote:
While I'd still like to ignore streaming licenses, there are practical (as pointed out, most "fansubs" of such titles are Crunchyroll subrips) and policy inconsistency issues with this idea, so for now the idea is scrapped. This means we'll treat streaming licenses no different than other licenses (for now).

Regarding School Days - not marking it as licensed isn't intentional, it's just that there are so many streaming licenses that we occasionally miss some. I'll mark it as licensed in a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The irony being there is a rumor going around that MFI has started C&D'ing individual users via bayTSP ala Aniplex.
True, at least for Queen's Blade. I've not seen any reports in regards to Pandora Hearts or Tayutama (or Maria Holic or any other recent MFI title).

I'm not sure if BayTSP is targeting downloaders everywhere though; so far most reports I've seen are from downloaders in the US.

I don't mind putting up a little warning, but I'm not sure what the contents of such a warning should be.

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-05-03 at 11:30.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 16:15   Link #24
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Yes, sorry if the way I phrased my post seemed hypocritical. I suppose what this whole post more is about my frustration about the decreasing relevance of the site (torrent listing) to me and others.
It hasn't been all that relevant that way for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Which I suppose leads to the question... is there much point in maintaining the site (torrent listing) the way it is now? I know some of you really don't care (ahem, see previous poster, ahem), but does anyone else still do?
No, the very idea of a site that only lists nonlicensed material in this day and age is ridiculous. It might have kinda made sense in 2003 (though the hypocrisy of it was mindboggling even then) but now? No. Nobody else cares, why should you? Either you list everything (and I don't see how keeping an automated torrent index/search engine makes you legally liable in a country with copyright laws that have not yet reached the point of retardation, despite how much Funimation likes to send threatening letters) or you list nothing. If you want to avoid nasty letters, list nothing. As it is now, you might as well list nothing anyway, so why bother?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote