AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-06, 08:34   Link #41
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Let me clarify this very quickly...
Yes, the Kaiten will cause much more bodily injury to Lee, who is travelling faster and hitting harder than usually humanly possible.

However, the Ura Renge puts him into a trance-like state where he doesn't feel pain (as shown by his tearing his muscle right off the bone), so the PAIN wouldn't stop him the way it seems to do to other fighters. He'd be able to keep going and fighting until the time expires and he reverts back to normal Rock.
First I'm not sure that the Ura Renge puts him into a no-pain state, with the first gates open, it's not the case, and it seems to me that he suffered much when he gave his last blow to Gaara.

But anyway my point is that his muscle snapped just by hitting Gaara in a 'first gates state'.
So with the 4~5 Gates open, running into an absolute wall of chakra at this speed means looking like a piece of chopped meat after that.
Pain or not, his body would be just completely destroyed.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 09:13   Link #42
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer
in my opinion, gaara was the only one who could have defeated rock in the preliminaries. no one else was fast enough, or had a defense like gaara's to counteract lee's powerful and speedy attacks. it was just unlucky that lee had to fight his strongest opposition.

on another note, does gaara's ability to have sand protect him use chakara? and if so, does it use a small amount, or a large amount?

The Armour of Sand (when his sand sits on his skin) takes a lot of chakra, yeah, but the normal sand defense is automatic, and doesnt use chakra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lst2touchdasky
isnt the 64 Hands of Hakke kinda pointless against lee because him opening the gates make both skills the exact oppisites and it nullify or one can over come another depending on which one is used first- 64 Hands of Hakke are used to close holes but opening gates forces chakra holes open just like how naruto vrs neji after kyubii awakened
Truthfully, we dont know. But I would guess that opening the celestial gates wouldnt unseal the tenketsu like the power of the Kyubi did, they are somewhat different levels of power.
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 09:24   Link #43
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Something tells me that Lee is very aware of Neji's "64 hands" and that part of Lee's plan may of been just to stay "faster" or "ahead" of Neji's paws alltogether. I think that is the only reason Lee wanted or had to use the gates, because LEE knew that was the only way he could possible win against Neji.

The points everyone made are great, but I'm just putting more into that Lee could of won because of his own statement and Gai's "that this was the move he was going to beat/use on Neji" (wording?) I don't think Gai would of wasted his own time or raised the hopes of Lee on a manuever that could/would cost Lee's life IF it wouldn't actually work. After Lee won after opening the gates would he of died for sure? I'm a bit confussed. The fight with Gaara he opened "three" right? Can Lee open any more and live?

I was also always wondering if Lee contains a lot of chakra? I know he has to have some to channel to open the gates, thus use his chakra more effeciently, but thought he didn't have a lot because of everyones comment that he can not do jutsu(s).
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 09:33   Link #44
Guyv3r

well... he opens the death gate and he is dead!!! althought for some time he is "invencible" so to speak.

And imo Lee can beat Neji since Neji had trouble finding even Naruto when he became faster due to the Demon Fox Chakra, so if Lee removes the Weight in his legs and opens the 5 gates he can open (think its 5 =P can really remember) he can beat Neji since he can't keep up with him!!!! even the armor of Sand wasn't efficient so i don't think his Divination Whirl will do any better unless he does it randomly and sometimes block the "invisible" attack!!!! his eyes are great, but not that great....
Guyv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-06, 10:41   Link #45
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyv3r
well... he opens the death gate and he is dead!!! althought for some time he is "invencible" so to speak.

And imo Lee can beat Neji since Neji had trouble finding even Naruto when he became faster due to the Demon Fox Chakra, so if Lee removes the Weight in his legs and opens the 5 gates he can open (think its 5 =P can really remember) he can beat Neji since he can't keep up with him!!!! even the armor of Sand wasn't efficient so i don't think his Divination Whirl will do any better unless he does it randomly and sometimes block the "invisible" attack!!!! his eyes are great, but not that great....
The power provided by the Kyubi is much much greater than the power provided by opening 5 gates (I'd say, anyway)
Old 2004-01-06, 19:11   Link #46
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
The power provided by the Kyubi is much much greater than the power provided by opening 5 gates (I'd say, anyway)
Yeah maybe the great animation quality of the Garaa-Lee fight was tricky to the eye.
As much as Naruto's power dint seem so great in the NAruto-Neji fight could be a fact becose of a not so good drawings quality..just assuming but I know that the Kyubi's Chakra wraping around Naruto in the NAruto-Neji fight could have looked a lot more powerful if I refer to the mangas...
Old 2004-01-06, 19:18   Link #47
Guyv3r

Has i said... the eyes are good but i don't think they are THAT good....
Old 2004-01-06, 19:20   Link #48
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyv3r
Has i said... the eyes are good but i don't think they are THAT good....
Have you read upto the current manga chapter?

If you have, you'll know just how good Neji's Byakugan really is (although its unclear whether he was always that good or became that good after the chuunin exam).
Old 2004-01-07, 00:15   Link #49
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
it is hard to say, i think neji can detect high speed

Spoiler:

so i think speed is out of the question, now as in terms of power, Gai mention tat Juken is the counter of regular tai-jutsu (Teiken is the name?)

juken is tai-chi base martial arts, its main purpose was to counter against brutial steel punches and kick (using physics, and spins to return or borrow power from the puncher)

so going head to head against neji is out of the question.

neji has 64-pt move tat shuts or open/redirct chakra float, so if lee gets poke he will be f-ed.

but i do believe lee's gate opening can by-pass pressed pressured pts, since the gate opening things opens his life gates to increase chakra float, tat means it will most likly unplug the pressed pts.

now hitting neji with open gate might work... if neji don't activate kai-ten, i bellieve if neji uses kai-ten and lee kicks neji with opengates, lee probably woud of died. (open gate puts a lot of near death stress on his body, plus kai-ten returns damage back to the attacker)

overall i think the only way lee is able to beat neji is to somehow outsmart neji or be faster than neji's kai-ten.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 08:52   Link #50
Guyv3r

No i don't read manga =P
Old 2004-01-08, 09:19   Link #51
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
byakugan will look through everything.

neji only will loose after rock lee open his fifth gate....

i think neji will allow rock lee to have the time open the fifth gate...
bcoz neji's personality reminds me a lot of VEGETA from DBZ

but i like neji bcoz he is good guy
ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 11:20   Link #52
CrimsonFury
Behold the Fury

Neji lost because he was off guard, that's it simply put. He was cocky and arrogant, and he underestimated Naruto. Neji probably wouldv'e been serious against Lee and wouldn't have left the openings he did against Naruto. However this can go on for days. Why? No one except for Lee has really shown their true potential. Neji is alot smarter and possible could find a way to counter Lee's speed. Who knows. Neways we may yet eventually see about between these two or sumthin, so keep watching the show. Not to mention let's see a fight where Neji takes it seriously and goes all out.
CrimsonFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 08:16   Link #53
archzai

i few important points to bring up

a) the arrow hunter is talking about wuz shot beyond 50 meters... and becuase of byakugan Neiji can see through the trees and see it... thereby giving him time to react
whereas...
with Lee... he will be around 10 meters from Neiji and using his incredible speed... less time to react...

the arrow made the trees bend... lee running made the ground break... similar...

secondly
Byakugan allows Neiji to see how fast rock lee is moving... but even with Sasuke and the Sharingan... he could barely track Lee WITH WEIGHTS ON! (think before the chunin exam)...
like it says everywhere... sure u can follow the moves... but you might not have the reaction time to actually move or do anything...

sharingan and byakugan are similar... in their ability to track... when the enemy is up close and not hiding behind (in which byakugan would allow the user to see through the objects)...

therefore... i think Byakugan would have a limit... and Neiji would probably have his ass handed over to him by Lee...
archzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 11:10   Link #54
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by archzai
i few important points to bring up

a) the arrow hunter is talking about wuz shot beyond 50 meters... and becuase of byakugan Neiji can see through the trees and see it... thereby giving him time to react
whereas...
with Lee... he will be around 10 meters from Neiji and using his incredible speed... less time to react...
First use the spoiler tag, then re-read the manga.
Spoiler:

So that only proves that Neji's reflexes are completely crazy.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 11:28   Link #55
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

umm no he would have lost. Everyone thinks rock lee's gates is something he can use every battle. It is his trump card, even his trainer told him only to use it when he really needed it. I don't think gai would have given him permission to use it against neji. But supposing he used it, then what? his body is torn to shit and he ends up in hospital like he did with gaara. Chouji got beat up too, but he didn't go popping pills just because his opponent was stronger than him
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 11:39   Link #56
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
umm no he would have lost. Everyone thinks rock lee's gates is something he can use every battle. It is his trump card, even his trainer told him only to use it when he really needed it. I don't think gai would have given him permission to use it against neji. But supposing he used it, then what? his body is torn to shit and he ends up in hospital like he did with gaara. Chouji got beat up too, but he didn't go popping pills just because his opponent was stronger than him
especially because you really wouldnt use any of your secret techniques unless you were in a life/death battle.

not to mention using a forbidden/dangerous jutsu against a fellow leaf is just cowardly. (which is why the N/S fight has so much significance)
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 11:53   Link #57
reymysteriojr

best dressed hmmm
1.Anbu
2.Neji
3.the Jounin
reymysteriojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 13:00   Link #58
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by reymysteriojr
best dressed hmmm
1.Anbu
2.Neji
3.the Jounin
Wrong thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
especially because you really wouldnt use any of your secret techniques unless you were in a life/death battle.
Thats exactly why Lee is a bloody idiot.
Old 2004-01-12, 19:08   Link #59
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
not to mention using a forbidden/dangerous jutsu against a fellow leaf is just cowardly. (which is why the N/S fight has so much significance)
Spoiler:
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-12, 19:15   Link #60
Muraki
Dreamer

Well u could interpret using finishing moves as a way to escape the shame if u were to lose.

Killing a fellow leaf simply to rid urself of a problem doesn't seem all that honorable either...
Muraki is offline   Reply With Quote