AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-07, 02:39   Link #1
NeoSam

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

The shounen(boy's) light novel series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko by Iruma Hitoma (author) and Buriki (illustrator) will be getting a TV anime adaptation:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20100807

電波女と青春男
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko

Official anime site:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/denpa/

少年向けライトノベル.
Shounen light novel series (light novel series aimed at boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label Dengeki Bunko.
Currently there are 5 volumes released of this light novel series.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Iruma Hitoma
Illustrator: Buriki

A seinen manga adaptation started serialization in the male oriented bishoujo gaming magazine Dengeki G's Magazine on August 30th, 2010. The manga is drawn by Yamane Masato.

A short manga is serialized in the male oriented light novel magazine Dengeki Bunko Magazine. The manga is drawn by Buriki (the illustrator of the light novel series).

Genre: Shounen

Last edited by NeoSam; 2010-09-24 at 10:56.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 03:15   Link #2
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Was expecting an anime when the Drama CD(?) was announced a short while ago.

Her appearance reminds me of Index.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 03:15   Link #3
NeoSam

hahaha quoting myself from an older post from the New Announced Anime thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Volume 14 of the male oriented light novel magazine Dengeki Bunko Magazine will have an announcement of an adaptation of the shounen(boy's) light novel series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko by Iruma Hitoma (author) and Buriki (illustrator).

Volume 14 of Dengeki Bunko Magazine will be released on June 10th, 2010.

Source: MoonPhase Diary

What type of adaptation will this light novel series be getting? could it be an anime adaptation? well, we'll know soon...

The shounen light novel series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko is published under the shounen light novel label Dengeki Bunko. There are currently 4 volumes released of this light novel series, and volume 5 will be released on June 10th, 2010.

Dengeki Bunko Magazine which will contain the adaptation announcement will be released on June 10th, 2010, and volume 5 of the light novel series will also be released on June 10th, 2010... hmm... suspeciously feels like it will be an anime adaptation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno
So what did this turn out to be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
It was announced that both the shounen light novel series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko and the shounen light novel series RO-KYU-BU! will be getting manga adaptations:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/nunnnunn/20100608/1275989720
http://ameblo.jp/misakamikoto/image-...581842852.html

Both shounen light novel series are published under the shounen light novel label Dengeki Bunko. The image that can be seen in the links above are showing the Dengeki Bunko shounen light novels that were released in June 10th, 2010 (not all Dengeki Bunko's June 2010 light novels are dispalyed in the image though).

Edit:

I didn't mention this because it didn't turn out to be an anime adaptation...
Hmm... my suspicion turned out to be right

So in the end it didn't only get a manga adaptation but it also got a TV anime adaptation...

Last edited by NeoSam; 2010-08-07 at 03:26.
Old 2010-08-07, 03:32   Link #4
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Crazy loli with a baseball bat.... hmmm.....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 03:42   Link #5
Kunagisa

OH YES, YES, YES, YES. I was JUST reading volume 3 earlier tonight, and I made a post earlier about how this guy's first title (which I like a little bit more than this one) is getting a manga.

Loving all these light novel adaptations.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 05:13   Link #6
tsunade666

what's the story about?
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 12:55   Link #7
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what's the story about?
In a nutshell, weirdo girl and young boy doing fun stuff.
Old 2010-08-07, 16:01   Link #8
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
In a nutshell, weirdo girl and young boy doing fun stuff.
huh?

so it's a slice of life theme?
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 16:08   Link #9
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
huh?

so it's a slice of life theme?
You can say that yeah.
Old 2010-08-08, 22:15   Link #10
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
After reading the synopsis and looking at the girl char, I am somehow reminded of Matsuzawa from Watashitachi no Tamura. I mean, I know their have been a number of stories where a char says they are from outer space and whatnot, but I somehow found it very endearing how her char associated with the main protagonist. It'd be quite nice if it had a similar feeling as that was(though this looks like it's more light-hearted than that story was).
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 13:29   Link #11
NeoSam

Volume 6 of the shounen light novel series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko will be released on September 10th, 2010. I'll add its cover when its available.

It will be released on the same day the first volume of a new shounen light novel series titled "Golden Time" by Yuyuko Takemiya (the author of the shounen light novel series Toradora!) will be released.
Old 2010-08-20, 13:44   Link #12
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Volume 6 of the shounen light novel series Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko will be released on September 10th, 2010. I'll add its cover when its available.

It will be released on the same day the first volume of a new shounen light novel series titled "Golden Time" by Yuyuko Takemiya (the author of the shounen light novel series Toradora!) will be released.
Both titles are the same character-design ?
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 13:48   Link #13
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Both titles are the same character-design ?
Hmm... don't understand your question... why would they have the same character designs? these are different light novel series by different illustrators.

Edit:
Ahh my mistake, you meant between Toradora! and the new upcoming light novel series...

Toradora! was illustrated by Yasu.
Golden Time will be illustrated by Eeji Komatsu (the illustrator of the shounen light novel series Maburaho and Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu).

You can check the cover illustration of the first "Golden Time" volume here: (its the first illustration)
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1009.php

Last edited by NeoSam; 2010-08-20 at 14:14.
Old 2010-08-20, 14:18   Link #14
Kunagisa

Quote:
Hmm... don't understand your question... why would they have the same character designs? these are different light novel series by different illustrators.

Edit:
Ahh my mistake, you meant between Toradora! and the new upcoming light novel series...

Toradora! was illustrated by Yasu.
Golden Time will be illustrated by Eeji Komatsu (the illustrator of the shounen light novel series Maburaho and Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu).

You can check an illustration of "Golden Time" here: (its the first illustration)
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1009.php
I think he's just confused why you mention Golden Time along with Denpa Seishun, so he tried to find a connection (at least that's what I think).

Spice and Wolf XV (FINAL VOLUME WOOOOO) and last part of Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere III is out that day too! =3
Old 2010-08-20, 14:48   Link #15
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think he's just confused why you mention Golden Time along with Denpa Seishun, so he tried to find a connection (at least that's what I think).

Spice and Wolf XV (FINAL VOLUME WOOOOO) and last part of Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere III is out that day too! =3
I see, that might be it I thought it was a nice addition to the post to alert those that don't know about this yet lol (it would be nice if someone started a thread for the Golden Time light novel series).
Old 2010-08-20, 15:07   Link #16
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Because Denpa Onna and Golden Time are in relation or not ?
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-20, 15:13   Link #17
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Because Denpa Onna and Golden Time are in relation or not ?
No, they aren't related .

Quote:
I see, that might be it I thought it was a nice addition to the post to alert those that don't know about this yet lol (it would be nice if someone started a thread for the Golden Time light novel series).
It's good reminder, because I forgot already. As for the topic itself, let's read the novel first =).
Old 2010-08-20, 17:42   Link #18
NeoSam

The series are not related as stuopidget said... lol
Old 2010-08-20, 17:53   Link #19
NeoSam

Anyway, to return to topic...

Ascii Media Works has opened a mediamix page for Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko here:
http://asciimw.jp/mediamix/denpa/

From it we can see that the seinen manga adaptation of "Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko" will start serialization in the October issue of the male oriented bishoujo gaming magazine Dengeki G's Magazine (officially released on August 30th). The manga will be drawn by Yamane Masato.
Old 2010-09-26, 11:11   Link #20
Falkor

there's something very unique and eye-pleasing about Buriki's artwork. Really loving the artist's style ever since I discovered Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai. wonder how the artwork is going to be, though, for the adaptation. not much to say about the work itself, but I get the feeling that I'm really going to enjoy this show when it comes out.

anyway, according to Moonphase Diary, the anime will start broadcast next Spring.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life