Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-13, 04:39   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Episode 160 Discussion Thread

Bleach hasn't been as impressive lately but it sure has been working on the episodes title. I raised one of my eyebrow slightly after reading this week's episode title. Could this episode be a philosophical discussion taking place in the hearts of the mod souls? Before anyone panic and cries "filler", that was a joke. Yes, a very bad one, but that's all I can do at 4 am in the morning.

Good morning fellow Bleach-fans! How is the weather over there? Here it's raining and it's freakishly cold.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2008-02-13, 04:46   Link #2
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Its a boring evening here in Malaysia.. just a few more minutes before I'm gone for dinner.

That being said, I want to see how Renji handle that pink haired Mayuri - I mean Syazel - now that his Zabimaru is broken

8th espada, he got the highest level opponent for 1st encounter in HM. I pity him considering his win record so far
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-02-13, 04:58   Link #3
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Hm... it dosent seem that zabimaru is broken, his sword looks fine, just that he cannot release. Maybe his reiatsu control skills go haywire in the room or something XD.

Regardless, moreso than the renji fight, im more interested in the conclusion of the arronerio arruruie vs rukia fight which should be coming in this episode or the next i believe. loved the chapter alot, and... hm i'll comment more later when the episodes actually airs. But im really looking forward to it. =D
Old 2008-02-13, 05:25   Link #4
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I See Bleach Getting Better Than Naruto ..^^
I Can't Wait To See Renji Fight The Pink Hair Espada ..But It Seem To be This Ep About Rukia..I Think..
Old 2008-02-13, 10:35   Link #5
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Well this is THE episode I'm looking for the most, I hope the animation team will honor it

Just the same as for sceptileex, I loved that chapter!

Oh yeah, the sun is shining everyday here (since a week now, and it seems like it will continue, yes stay here my beloved anticyclone )
Old 2008-02-13, 11:07   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

sceptileex was right I was browsing 2ch came across SC its all Rukia and Kaien . Let me compile the pics and post ...... : D The only qualm I have in the flashbacks SnS Unreleased is not phwettiful . Must send Hate Mail to Studio Pierrot >.>

Regarding naruto I FFW the ep and watch .

EDIT : SCREEN CAPTURES

Spoiler for 160 Screen Capture:

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-02-13 at 11:37.
Old 2008-02-13, 15:46   Link #7
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Cant wait to see some Rukia action
Its Raining here
Old 2008-02-13, 16:01   Link #8
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Good episode. A bit gooey and wet at the end though.
Old 2008-02-13, 17:14   Link #9
mtarzaim

This episode passed really fast for me.
I didn't see the end coming, althought nothing much has happened.
It was also nice to see so many faces of Rukia (the blushing one is quite rare).

Let's bet Ichigo will have his hands full the next eps ... ^^
Cudo for the anime team to keep his foe secret in the preview (unlike some orange ninja serie about a certain fight between a master puppeter and a pink kunoichi getting stomach stabbed).
Judging from his fanbase, this secret enemy will certainly raise up the mediameter (less than Hitsu or Kira, though ).

We're entering in a critical period for the anime team.

There's a lot of drama coming ahead, with some great moments to see ... if they didn't screw up the mood by snail space or/and lazy arts.
Ichigo and Renji's reaction to fading Rukia should be priceless, with a decent level smooth zoom-in-my-emo-eyes, instrospections and gutsy behaviors (cf Renji vs Byakuya).
All the IchiRukis in the world expect at least a raging "GET OUT OF MY F** WAY ! ! ! " from the main character. What the manga lacked somehow, the anime should complete it nicely. A intelligent way to fill in without crapping out.

The seiyus will of course do their job properly.
Will it be the same for Studio Pierrot ?..

Old 2008-02-13, 18:43   Link #10
lequory
People hate good theories

This episode is nothing exciting. Reminded me of the Ikakku fight during the raid when they did a flashback on his background and why he lives to fight. This is similar in that fashion but at least the fight is done and IMO should have been done 2 episodes ago instead of being "Put on hold".

Last edited by lequory; 2008-02-13 at 19:15.
Old 2008-02-13, 19:16   Link #11
Jerseykid

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-02-13, 19:34   Link #12
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
the "put on hold" was necessary because in the manga the fight started after Sado got 0wned, if you ask me the shuffling was fanservice or a nice gesture to show us the real deal instead of weeks of privaron-acton

to the episode:
i found it very touching, and yeah they could have done it quicker but who cares? The flashback was nicely done, funny too.. and whoa, Rukia's seiyu was astonishing when she "sayonara-ed" the fishtank
Old 2008-02-13, 19:44   Link #13
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
"And another on bites the dust"...

I had a fear that they were going to drag this on for another episode but its good to see that it didn't. Reflecting back the flashback was very nicely done and rather touching too. Hang in there rukia ;___;

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-13, 20:32   Link #14
Wych

Amazing episode I think they cracked it perfectly. It was nice to see the arrancar rolling around screaming and Aizen just sitting there smiling like it was all part of his plan or something.
Old 2008-02-13, 20:51   Link #15
lequory
People hate good theories

ok....someone explain that 3rd dance. I'm only asking because it didnt seem to have any noticeable ability( sword reforming aint a true ability)?
Old 2008-02-13, 21:07   Link #16
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
ok....someone explain that 3rd dance. I'm only asking because it didnt seem to have any noticeable ability( sword reforming aint a true ability)?
It didn't reform. Ice formed around it, imitating the shape of the actual blade.
Old 2008-02-13, 21:50   Link #17
BigGimp77

The episode was good but I didn't feel the break up between the beginning of the Rukia fight and the End (with Sado and Ishida) was necessary. They shoulda either finished it before or just stuck to the manga time line in the first place. Overall not a bad episode.
Old 2008-02-13, 22:17   Link #18
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post
The episode was good but I didn't feel the break up between the beginning of the Rukia fight and the End (with Sado and Ishida) was necessary. They shoulda either finished it before or just stuck to the manga time line in the first place. Overall not a bad episode.
I prefer this over a whole slew of boring Privaron action. At least they gave us a nice taste of Espada.
Old 2008-02-13, 22:41   Link #19
EoT
~~

I enjoyed this episode even though the flashbacks were a bit tedious. Rukia's scene at the end made me teary
Old 2008-02-13, 22:54   Link #20
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So an Espada falls due to overconfidence. Goes to show you anyone can lose if they spend a long time holding their opponent in the air laughing like a moron. Great job by Rukia though, pulling herself together and getting the win.

Was an interesting flashback and nothing wrong with Kaien and Rukia moments. Any good reason to fight on is a good one. Not a bad view of carrying the hearts of those you care about.

Will see who Ichigo gets to fight against and how Renji will fare.